Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Basticle posted:

is this a mod i can download?
http://www.mediafire.com/download/scx4gws5khw32ag/BrokeDickDrill.zip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Geight posted:

I'm quite sure that Slaughterhouse Redux takes place in DC still, it's just that whoever wrote that blurb didn't realize that using random numbers for the highway name would imply that it took place somewhere else.
Reminds me of when Bomb: Dockyard used to have maps of Washington state on the computers rather than Washington DC. :v:

E:

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 28, 2015

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Psion posted:

you get XP per-day of several multiday heists as opposed to in a lump sum all at the end
I wonder if this means you'll actually get the XP bonuses from picking up packages on days that aren't the final day now. Not that getting that pittance of XP matters but it was always funny to me in an :overkill: sort of way.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Psion posted:

also does anyone have a copy of the latest patch update lua? I want to see how this ammo pickup change is operating because I'm not sure it's working properly or I've got a mod conflict I need to resolve.
Unless you're doing something weird with your lua I don't think you would have a mod loving with the ammo pickup, since it's its own function so in order to have a conflict one of your mods would have to either dupe or rewrite the code. But anyway here https://bitbucket.org/YaPh1l/payday-2-lua/ The pickup went from 2-3% to 3-4%.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Nope, and neither does the Peacemaker. For the most part weird stance modifiers like those are gone.
In typical Overkill fashion, for a while post-rebalance the Peacemaker still shared the shotgun modifiers which was kinda terrible since it meant you had a 6x hipfire multiplier (versus the 3x now, or the 3.5x pre-rebalance). :v:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Elman posted:

Welp, I just reached lvl100 and suddenly realized Infamy 1 doesn't give you a real advantage (just +5% xp, no skill bonuses). It's gonna take like 40 more hours to get to my first skill requirement drop. And I won't be doing a full, proper build till Infamy V anyway :geno:

If they're gonna tie gameplay bonuses to prestiges those XP boosts should be much higher (like in Titanfall, where you got +30% each even though they were just for bragging rights). 5% each just feels like a grind.
Oh man you should have seen how long it took back when infamy first dropped

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Geight posted:

New shotgun seems to have less damage than the loco but a good chunk more ammo. Also there's a couple mods that have to be obtained through drops.
Note that "less damage" in this case is literally 1 point of damage base before modifiers (59 versus 58 base for the loco and Ithaca respectively).

E: I guess I should probably point out too that they also both share the same damage changing mods too (ammos and barrel ends)

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 14, 2016

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

2. Does anyone know if there is some boilerplate code that could be used to add attachments (that do not currently exist for other weapons) for a weapon? Assuming such code allows re-use of existing models.
This one should theoretically be pretty simple, but who knows if it'll break something hard with the UI or whatever (probably yes it will cause your game to explode).

E: I mean if you knew what you were doing with lua it probably wouldn't be too much of an issue I don't think considering what people have done already but I don't soooooo

3. How would one go about tweaking skills?
All the skill variables are located in upgradestweakdata.lua. For changing what the skills/perks give you those are in skilltreetweakdata.lua.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
You should be careful cause Psion stared into the abyss and, well,

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Tempest_56 posted:

Big Oil is poo poo. It's full of pointless time sinks for the sake of being time sinks. Fun to do occasionally but that's about it.
This is what they call a Bad Opinion

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Psion posted:

I wonder if I can make the Izhma, and the Izhma alone, have custom Not poo poo frag-12 rounds as a goofy balance against the AA12's superior magazine size.
You should know the answer to this already, especially since a couple of shotguns have (had? I haven't been keeping up) custom stats for the ammo types (though they only change pick up rate). :colbert:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Kikas posted:

This is a good one.

So now we're missing just Heat Street, Green Bridge and Panic Room from the original PDtH.
You forgot Diamond Heist and No Mercy

Unacceptable

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Psion posted:

Goonmod has inventory problems all over the place. Try to make a new mask and it crashes, same with the China Lake (except incendiary ammo seems to not crash it)

On a thoroughly related note, once upon a time I had some standalone BLT mod which was basically just the goonmod aim normalization cut out of the rest of Goonmod. Does anyone have that? I could really go for some aim normalizing while I wait for wilko to work his magic.
I made this and posted it in the old thread if that helps? If not I'll probably be able to get it to you in a couple hours once I get home from work.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

watho posted:

I have played DW rats and cook off religiously and I've never seen Winters taken out with just one rocket and 2 is rare.

Not saying it can't happen, just that the build and accuracy required to make it happen is not something worth counting on.
Actually it is impossible, because in a surprise move vox doesn't know what the gently caress he's talking about : RPGs and Grenade Launchers are not affected by any damage increasing skills except for spotter, so the max damage you can deal to Winters on Death Wish is 5,520 (800*6*1.15, 800 because damage is clamped at 10% and Winters has 8k HP on DW, 6x explosive damage multiplier and 1.15 from spotter).

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
It's still 2 rockets on Overkill because the damage clamp is 10% of Winters' total health, so an RPG will do 600*6*1.15 for 4,140 damage, or 69% of Winters' health. Also all this discussion doesn't take into account Winters' damage reduction. If you can't deal with him right away and he manages to post up at his designated spot it's going to probably take 3 rockets as the damage reduction is done after all the multipliers are applied.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

quote:

HITMAN

General
All armor penalties have been removed
Hey look

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

John Murdoch posted:

I'd say the obvious route for new Infamy stuff is gun skins, but I'm not sure how well that would work when they keep pumping out ones for DLC weapons.
More skillsets please

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

UnknownMercenary posted:

I wasn't around from the beginning, but I started before they made huge changes to pistols. Gunslinger aced used to be +50% damage instead of a flat +15, but I remember most pistols being kind of unremarkable with it and then the heavy hitters like the Bronco and Deagle changed drastically with the skill but it was a deep investment. Making it a flat +15 made a lot of the lower damage pistols good for hitting 42 or 39.4 except the Bernetti.
Pistols were still really good back then it's just your selection was more limited. The change really just meant you could choose from more than the Chimano Custom and SIG 40 if you wanted to hit the 40 damage breakpoint at the low end.

Dr Cheeto posted:

This was true of the Gruber and maybe the LEO as well.

Stance modifiers were a bunch of goofy bullshit and I'm glad they've fixed them. The AUG had incredibly lovely hipfire for no reason, the Queen's Wrath and Lion's Roar were more accurate from the hip if you were moving. Sometimes crouching was good for accuracy, sometimes it was bad, and sometimes it made no difference.
I'm fairly curtain this was a hold over from launch era PD2 where before we had the gun stats and only had the stupid stat bars, but the AUG had a maxed out accuracy bar by default and even without mods was a loving tack driver. So I think its whole gimmick was supposed to be "lovely hipfire and moving accuracy but really loving accurate when stationary".

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
If they don't add Diamond Heist and No Mercy this game is loving dead to me

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
So if you're like, one of the two people (or Psion, who doesn't count as a real person) who use my GenSec on Overkill mod I just uploaded a fixed version that doesn't crash the game with the new patch:
GenSec on Overkill v1.2
GenSec on Overkill-Host only v1.2 (Greys use default stats instead of DW stats)
Just drop it into your BLT mod folder to install.

I basically redid the mod from scratch to make sure it was compatible with the new version so report any bugs and such.

As a side note it looks like all the cops in the new heists that are coming will have unique models, since what was causing the crashes was they added separate spawn tables for "America" and "Russia".

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
So I updated my dumb mod again to the latest spawn tables with the non-placeholder stuff that was in the previous patch so here you go:
GenSec on Overkill v1.21
GenSec on Overkill v1.21g (Host only, no grey changes)

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Shotguns are very usable, even without skills. With all the skills, they're basically the best weapons in the game.
Pump action shotguns can't even hit enough damage to one shot a tan on Overkill without shotgun impact, which is dumb.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Dr Cheeto posted:

The DMR'd AMR-16 is quite good but the ammo pickup difference is actually significant over the course of a heist. It's a good alternative but let's not pretend there isn't a trade-off.
To add to this, the DMR AMR-16 has a pickup rate of 72 (as in, is equivalent to a gun with a base of 72 rounds total), while the M308's pickup rate is, naturally, 70, as that is it's base ammo. However, the M308's ammo pickup is affected by Walk-in Closet and Fully Loaded Ace, while the DMR AMR-16 is not. In practice this leads to the following amount of ammo picked up (rounded):
DMR AMR-16: 2 to 3
M308 with Walk-in Closet: 3 to 4
M308 with Fully Loaded Ace: 4 to 5

So by default (let's face it, you'll very rarely not have Walk-in Closet) your pickup range is +1, which doesn't sound like much on paper, but on a weapon that has a 10 round magazine and 70 total ammo capacity? It's going to add up faster than you think.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I used to like it a lot more when it increased the chance of cops surrendering.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
smdh if you don't love Framing Frame day 3 loud

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Geight posted:

But I mean, even with that, it'd still be pointless to customize my safehouse unless they add a way to have other players come run around in it.
Replace the lobby with the safehouse, where you all chill out there between heists and there's stuff to do like a shooting range to test weapons and slot machines to gamble away all your money. Not that that'll ever happen.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Or you could just download the latest PD2 bundle extractor, extract the files then look in "units\[DLC FOLDER]\characters"

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Psion posted:

payday 2 is better than this thread about payday 2
Not exactly setting a high bar are you

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Dr Cheeto posted:

The payday wiki has this to say:
Unless they changed the requirements at some point that's a load of poo poo because I definitely missed a couple of times when I got that achievement

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

UnknownMercenary posted:

And it's still lower than it was pre-Crimefest, which was at 3%-5%. Keep in mind though that most guns did not do nearly as much damage as they do now. They can stand to lower pickup (amongst other stats) on the extremely powerful guns, and on LMGs if I wanted to be honest. But absurd LMG pickups are great after 2 years of them having the worst pickup rates outside of the Thanatos.
LMG pickup rate owns and I hope it never gets changed even though it probably will

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-bYcYu2zg5Fa_sT9QO2De2Mdoj63Pee_kts0uuRVLGw/htmlview?sle=true
40% reduction in ammo pickup rate :geno:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Psion posted:

Apparently the O/U and Mosconi get ~0.8 per box, which is bad. It should be clamped to a minimum of 1 round per box.
Is that average or absolute? Because if it's an absolute value of ~0.8 then they are getting 1 round since it rounds

I assume it's the first because I assume you know what the hell you're talking about for the most part but you never know

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Psion posted:

it's what someone playing with me told me :shrug:

but if they aren't getting a minimum one per box every box, which they said wasn't happening, it's garbage.
I just pulled the beta files and it looks like the ammo pickups now range from 1% to 3.5%, compared to the live version's 3% to 4%. Which means the Mosconi's range, before any sort of modifiers is 0.32 to 1.12. With Walk-in Closet's +35% modifier that's 0.432 to 1.512. If I did my math right that's ~6% chance to get no rounds, ~93% to get 1 round, and ~1% to get 2 rounds.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Psion posted:

hey INH go pitch your Gensec on Overkill mod to ... uh, Overkill. Basically that fits right between Ovk and DW and is probably exactly what they're looking for, inasmuch as it requires almost no new assets on their part! :v:

but also it's a good mod and anyone interested in stepping up to DW should try it if they are unwilling to have a trial by deathwish fire known as "wait, it spawns how many saiga dozers at once?"
Well feel free to pitch it for me cause I'm very lazy about things! :v:

Anyway I'm glad they are looking into a difficulty between OVK and DW because regardless of your thoughts on the difficulty of DW the gap between the two difficulties has always been pretty drastic when compared to how the lower difficulties ramp up.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
GenSec on Overkill v1.22
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1c1mf4o7i7vdw9a/OVKGenSec_v1.22.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lb1opnd4j82k9o4/OVKGenSec_v1.22g.zip

Updated like two numbers related to assault waves that I don't actually know what they do but it was changed this patch so yeah

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

oohhboy posted:

Hidden weapon specs seem to be back. The accuracy/stability numbers lie so much that they are near useless for comparing guns.
I just went and checked the files themselves and you're fuckin' full of poo poo mate. Everything still uses one of three sets of spread numbers
Pretty much every single gun
Standing, moving standing, moving crouching: 3x
Crouching (stationary), iron sights: 1.2x

Shotguns + Specials
Standing, moving standing, moving crouching: 6x
Crouching (stationary), iron sights: 2.4x

Light + Heavy Crossbow
Standing, crouching, both moving and stationary: 2.1x
iron sights: 1.2x

So pretty much the only weapons with exotic spread numbers are ones you aren't going to be comparing between anyway (like shotgun vs non-shotgun accuracy, explosive weapon vs non-explosive weapon etc.)

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Basticle posted:

which of these is the one that only the host has to have?
The second one

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
FN MAG for life :c00lbert:

Lemon-Lime posted:

Because getting those means the gun is always laser-accurate during sustained fire rather than only when stationary and deployed, which is really nice. But yes, you're right, it's a personal preference rather than something I truly need.

The issue is really that I was trying to mod for accuracy instead of stability, and getting more accuracy is pointless up close and not needed at range because of the bipod, whereas more stability = better control while spraying. All I needed to do was use competitor's instead of tactical to make the LMGs feel a lot nicer to use.
If you're moving and shooting and don't want to stop don't forget you can hold right-mouse to tighten up your spread. Spread modifier goes from 3x (base without skills, cause I think there's a skill or 2 that reduces hipfire spread specifically) to 1.2x.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

dscruffy1 posted:

I thought it was kinda funny, but I'm also a terrible person.
:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
It's not; they explicitly removed lower ammo pickups for the different shotgun ammo but in a classic overkill move they forgot to change it for those two since they had custom overrides for their pickups. Specifically they had a 0.7x, compared to the 1x (as in, they had base ammo pickup but nullified Fully Loaded Ace and Walk-in Closet) and they removed the line for "wpn_fps_upg_a_custom" (DLC 000) but forgot to remove the line for "wpn_fps_upg_a_custom_free" (community 000).