Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

Attempting to even look at this skin crashes the game because this thing pops up in my steam inventory that says "Custom GoonMod Skin" or something. So I'm going to assume my crashing was caused by Wilco. Thanks man! :v:

I'm having the same problem, and I've traced it, I think, to the BLT Skin Unlocker. Like for me, it's the Deagle - I have a 'custom goonmod skin' item for the Deagle, and when the Skin Unlocker is installed, trying to modify a Deagle at all crashes the game. So far every other gun skin is doing fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

I think the saddest thing about it is Almir blatantly said "poo poo changed" in regards to why Payday 2 of now is different than the Payday 2 of several years ago. Like, that is business. poo poo changes. And to Reddit, this is the most grievous of sins.

I cannot fathom a group of people who treat offhand comments of several years ago as sacred covenants to never be defiled.

I'm putting too much faith in redditors to understand basic real world interactions I feel.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

I got 80 bucks for some stat boosts skin on like day one or two of crimefest. Every other sale has been a buck, or lower

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

The concealment rating.

EDIT:

Minigun, RL, ICTV, and still rating of 3. :getin:

Lyrai fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 11, 2015

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Coming back to Payday 2 after a bit of a break due to real life. Reinstalling mods

So far I have:
BLT
Pocohud
Goonmod
http://forums.lastbullet.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=14867

What other mods do I need?

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Geight posted:

I was reading this article about games that had their steam review score change dramatically after release, and I thought for sure Payday 2 would be on their with all the sound and fury kicked up by the steam forums and reddit during the black market update. It wasn't even mentioned in passing though, which I found surprising. I checked the reviews on the store page and got to see first hand the power of reddit's review bombs:

Overall: 75% of the 205,337 user reviews for this game are positive
Recent: 81% of the 5,255 user reviews in the last 30 days are positive

:v: They sure did have a lasting impact.

To be fair, before the thundering herd of neckbeards hit it, it was above 90%. So they had an impact, just not nearly the one they wanted (to sink it to Negative/Mostly Negative)

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Did you know Steam has a lockout on how many times you can try to activate a product on it?
After today, now I know! I hit it three times today trying to grab one of these hat codes. :mad:

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

I complained on Reddit and got a bunch of people agreeing with me, then Almir PM'd me a bunch of codes.

Um. :confuoot:

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Psion posted:

you still got those paydaycon codes? trade you a full set for a hat :v:

Yes this.

(If someone wants to remind me how to prevent scrapers from grabbing codes on the forums I'll post them.)

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

I used a code for myself and sent one to Cheeto and Drewjitsu, leaving me with 7. I guess if you have PM's, holla in this thread for a code. If not, provide some form of communication or something. After an hour or if I get bored I'll just throw up the unused ones.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Shadowbag posted:

Same here. I need hats to justify my existence in life.

When I tried to PM you, this was posted:

Shadowbag has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Shadowbag posted:

Weird, since it let me pm you. Maybe the mobile browser is being Weird. I can try again when I get home in a few hours, assuming there is a code left.

Since I'm saving a code for you, I am now

OUT OF CODES. Codes are gone. Although they seem super easy to get, so if you just bother someone on twitter or Reddit they may dump another brick on you.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Please don't bother the devs or mods. The mods especially are going to start banning people. My source: a mod, who specifically asked me to tell folks this.

To clarify: Don't actually bother important people. Just make an angry post on reddit about how hard it is, or follow the recommended people and wait.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

What's the good Sentry Gun build? I used to have 5 builds set up at any given time - Sentry Gun, Dodge, Heavy Weapons, Stealth, an d Fuckaround, but the skill revamp has confused and frightened me so much I keep doing eveyrthing in a stealth build.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

My game keeps crashing shortly after I place sentry guns. I updated goonmod and everything, and it's still going on. >:(

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

http://store.steampowered.com/app/382360/

Preordering John Wick VR gets you John Wick VR, Payday 2, the weapon pack, and John Wick Movie.

Is this the only way to get John Wick Weapon Pack, and will it come with a dog? Not as a weapon, just to follow you around.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

So what's the proper way to make a death cannon Thanatos now? I know before the skill revamp it needed a silencer because silenced guns got an overall bigger bonus, and it was great using it and hearing over voice chat, "...did you just oneshot a dozer?"

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Crabtree posted:

Continental coins? What, couldn't think of something else like Crime Tokens, Wilko? :v:

I think that's a John Wick reference.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

So I tried to slap together my usual allotment of 5 builds that I like to keep around - Stealth, Dodge, Sentry Gun, Assault, and Shenangians

Stealth: http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mhjl:ekl:tCFHKL:gABCDEFJKLPQr:fF:ibcdea:pB8::w56-1-12:s25-1-8:a1
No explination necessary, the idea is I take everything needed for stealth. Jack of All Trades is there to carry both ECMs and Shaped Charges,

Assault: http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mABDEFr:eaBCDEFGJKLr:tLPR:gl:ibcdea:pM8::w76-23-4-11-28-18-13-20:s32-24-32-14-43-1-7-41-38:a7
Basically a "Crime Dad" sort of build - the idea is that I roll this when I'm with pubs or newbies to the game. I can generally pick them up and shotgun away the major threats. Won't be used on anything higher than Overkill, honestly.

Dodge: http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/gGHJKLMNOQr:fABCDEF:ibcdea:pN8::w73-9-4-10:s49-2-7-10:a1
It is a dodge build

Sentry Gun: http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mgHIJKL:elMNPR:tABCDEFR:ibcdea:pS8::w36-6-4-5::a6
All sentry gun skills, almost all hostage skills, I am my own arena team. Fear us/me. Second weapon is the China Puff.

And Shenangians is whatever fun/wonky build people are talking about that I want to see what the fuss is about. Or just whenever something hits me.

How terrible are my builds and how terrible am I?

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

I think there's a few mods that let you command bots to pick up bags or move to certain spots. Could be good for solo stealth. Phneposting to hand out CANDYSTABD to truck or trailers so I can't find them right now.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

Well darn, maybe Pete Gold will have another "DM me on twitter for a code" thing so i wont have to rely on luck

Seconded.

All I have is the Joker E3 mask because I clicked on Reddit on the right time. The lack of completionism kills me. That and some of the giveaway ones are so cool.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

I, too, want to sign up for this Mega Clover Mask Code, should an AUSgoon get one.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

loving Spuf is useless.

So I found a thing to make custom strings in the game, and I figured why not.

It seems simple enough, but something's hung me up

Let's say I want to change "Hold [key] to pick the lock" to "Hold [key] to sneak that poo poo"

What's the poo poo I put in the string replacing text file LUA, so that it reads what key I have bound to Shout/Interact, and places it there? Or, for masking up, for "Deploy". SPUF literally just went "I dunno what you're asking but here's a Press 2 Interact mod, that's what you want, right?"

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Psion posted:

I assume you already have the best string replacement mod ever made, INH's true masterpiece: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3751994#post452856669

what's this thing you found to make custom strings? I could probably answer the question better if I saw it.

Not that exact one, but I did edit my drill close to that:

And this is the mod: http://modworkshop.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=12426

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

https://puu.sh/scX9Q/92d5744ae9.gif

I've hit that part of Payday 2 where I need to mod it to a virtually unrecognizable mess, and then it's like a whole new game for me.

EDIT: Okay for some reason trying to embed it makes it not work. It's the big bang (and other maps?) stock ticker that I customized.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

That's pretty cool. Is it easy to change the stock ticker? Do you just need to edit a .ini file or something?

I had downloaded Pirate Perfection, a cheaty trainer thing, to make it easier to zip around maps when I was modding and editing strings. One of th e things it came with was a custom stock ticker filled with casual racism & sexism, so I found "stock_ticker.lua" and edited all the names in it, as well as removing it's phone home thing where it would beg you to donate to them through the game.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

I looted a mask from Reddit already, so I don't want to interrupt but - Goonmod just updated for me.

Praise Wilko

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

I'm away from my computer or reasonable internet for a few days.

A) What's in the new dlc?
B) Do you need to do anything for the Trump mask? Or does it just grab your inventory right in the shuriken on boot?

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

help me, i have brain problems about achievements and trophies.

EDIT: I alt-tabbed back into the game and it crashed. I lowered all the graphics setting down to the minimum in the menus (does anyone have a way to get it lower, like those old maxfps configs for TF2?) and set it up again.

Lyrai fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 29, 2016

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

pp's kind of a cludged together thing, I'm not sure it can just directly edit kill counts.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

UnknownMercenary posted:

If you wanted to cheese Robbedacop why are you doing it on One Down, and with turrets? One Down cops have shitloads of health that turrets can't compete with, and the spawn increase doesn't make up for the fact that they'd be much harder to kill fast regardless of what you used.

It's just cobbled together. Would Death Wish/Mayhem be better?

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

UnknownMercenary posted:

Not really no. I would farm it on Overkill or lower just because the health inflation is bad on Mayhem and up. And I don't know why you chose Prison Nightmare instead of a map with super aggressive close quarters spawns like The Diamond.

If the amount of sentries wasn't a giveaway, I'm using cheats. The last leg of prison nightmare was ideal in terms of just having a huge death corridor where I could just set up a bunch of sentries under infinite assault, make them invincible and never-ending ammo, then just walk away and take down the Christmas decorations.

Someone on reddit DID rig up a thing where trophies wouldn't be disabled under mutators, so as soon as I can figure out how you impliment a user script, I'm going to find the lowest-impact map possible in terms of stress on the game, turn on hydra, and set up a sentry death cannon. The game has a severe problem where whenever I alt tab back in after an hour or so of farming and try to exit the level, it just hard crashes, erasing all progress. Annoying.

code:
if not trophyEnabled	then

trophyEnabled = true

tweak_data.achievement.grenade_achievements.trophy_washington.mutators = {}

tweak_data.achievement.enemy_kill_achievements.trophy_washington.mutators = {}

tweak_data.achievement.enemy_melee_kill_achievements.trophy_washington.mutators = {}

end

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

6 hours later, I had about 15,000 kills. :v:

gently caress this poo poo I'm using cheat engine.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Wastrel_ posted:

To be honest, it'll look lovely and underwhelming like the One Down status anyway.

pretty much.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

UnknownMercenary posted:

I hope that was worth it.

It really wasn't.

For what it's worth I found out later that someone on cheat sites had ginned up a thing that just force-unlocks and saves all trophies, and I could have just installed that from the start after tweaking it to just the robbedacop one. :v:

Oh well, back to seeing if I can get a Friends build to work (full joker + full sentries. Not sure what to pick up after getting those trees, or which gun to use. I want to get something for long range, but then also for punching through thicker crowds?)

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Psion posted:

tell me more
code:
for k, v in pairs(Global.custom_safehouse_manager.trophies) do
	for foo, bar in pairs (v.objectives) do
		managers.custom_safehouse:update_progress("progress_id", v.objectives[foo].progress_id, v.objectives[foo].max_progress)
	end
	managers.custom_safehouse:update_progress("progress_id", "trophy_stealth", 15)
end
This will permanently unlock all trophies and set their progress to completed.

I have no idea how you make it like, activate or go in your Payday 2 game.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mIJKlMNoR:eLR:tABCDEFOPr:ibcdea::w34-16-7-30-34-10:s94:a3

Taking the advice of people in here, that's what I came up with for a 'Friends' build (Full Joker + Full Sentry) Maniac isn't in that for some reason, but that deck is being used.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mGIJKlr:ehJKLNR:tABCDEFR:gjl:ibcdea:::

Took the advice and reconfigured to this. It's not displaying weapons right so I dropped it, but it's an M308 and China Puff, with mods to give 100acc and 100 Stability, Maniac, and Combined Tactical Vest

Melee is Brass Knuckles, Throwable is Concussion Grenade, because that's what was on there last.

Mask is Mega Kawaii, because this build is all about love and friendship.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Wastrel_ posted:

They can perhaps help keep civilians intimidated, like the fake sentry guns in No Mercy in PD: TH.

If you're using the CTV you can remove Aced Die Hard. it works only on ballistic vests, which the CTV isn't. I would put the 4 points in Fully Loaded for more ammo.

For a hostage taker build, melee that can stun enemies is best such that they can be easily intimidated, so maybe the Electric Knuckles or Buzzer (if you have the Golden Grin DLC) instead.

Not enough points to go into Fully Loaded. In game, at least. I picked up some QoL skills instead.

First runs: Kind of neat! A bit of a hassle to get set up, but when I can grab two converts, it becomes much easier. Collect ammo, refill sentry guns, and do a big sweep in cool down phases.
Also I found Better Bots, which I noticed let the AI Clowns dominate & intimidate cops, so I installed it and holy poo poo, something's weird in the code because the AI just would not stop dominating cops. It cheesed the whole thing when downstairs mallcrasher was just this massive glob of cuffed cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Step 6: Bear in mind the completion screen at the end of the heist will count your coins, so don't go too crazy. Zoidberg once set it to 1000, and was host. That was a long evening. When I want to get more coins I set it to 25.

I got curious, so I went and set mine to 1000, then opened up Cheat Engine and used the Speedhack feature of it.

The highest I got was 7x speed - anything past that and Payday 2 I guess gave up and defaulted to normal speed.

So if for whatever reason you get a huge brick of coins all at once, use Cheat Engine to increase PD2's speed to 7x, then weigh down the space bar or whatever and go do something for a few minutes.