Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

haveblue posted:

Isn't this guy already under investigation by the SEC?

Yes, and a pending lawsuit from his previous pharmaceutical company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Fried Chicken posted:

If we are talking Martin Shkreli here, do we also want to talk about the insanity that is Dryvying?

Or should we maybe have a separate thread for this kind of insane bullshit?

zoux posted:

What I want to know if Shkreli is able to manipulate the market by dint of the amount of money he's throwing around or if he's leveraging his media-built persona as a ruthless shark to make more money.

As if that wasn't enough, he's basically saying "No, I won't drop the price on the drugs that are exclusive to us, but we will setup a patient assistance program (loan program) to purchase said drugs.

I really REALLY hope the FDA revokes his patent.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
E: DP

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

zoux posted:

You think that he's the only one falsely inflating the price of a drug or procedure, or do you think that's literally every pharma and medical company in America?

:ssh: When other major pharmaceutical companies are going "Woah now, we're not THAT evil", you've gone too far.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Humans Among Us posted:

Whats up with the coal references?

Paris Climate Talks.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Shifty Pony posted:

At this point I would be shocked if the ACLU didn't step in with a lawsuit first.

They are already suing one governor.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

SedanChair posted:

If he would actually admit that he is doing something he said he wouldn't do, that would be fine.

Welllllll......

Boots on the ground is a very vague wording. Sending Special Operators is not generally considered boots on the ground, because they tend to be sent to places where we won't consider sending normal Army/Marines.

Boots on the ground for most people is mainline Army/Marines. You could probably get away with claiming this with him deploying Army advisers in Iraq, however.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Is D&D going to be so chill when he approves of sending in actual ground troops in six or eight months? (Silly question, I know the answer)

I'll believe it when it happens. Special Operations is not boots on the ground :colbert:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

SedanChair posted:

I don't think you'd be so comfortable with this vagueness if somebody other than Obama was doing it.

I'll wait till he invades a country for non-existent WMDs.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Hey man, tell that to Obama, I'm not the one sending Special Forces to directly confront ISIS!

Man, don't want refugees fleeing to the EU/US, but don't want to actually solve the issue of a genocidal terrorist group.

What's a man to do.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

zoux posted:

It's actually a pretty sticky issue.

Which is why they sent Special Forces and are sticking still to an air support role otherwise.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Talmonis posted:

Aren't special forces raids and air strikes the most effective counter-terror methods to date? Seems like this would be rather relevant to the current strategy.

Pretty much, the US Army and Marines are not really equipped nor able to fight a very effective anti-guerrilla campaign, and having a standing army just gives ISIS/AQ targets. Not like we'd want the US Army or Marines tied up in Syria anyways.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

:psyduck: Jesus flying gently caress.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Thump! posted:

To be fair, GiP kinda transcends irony and places it on a whole new pedestal. It's hard to say what's real down there.

Its surreal, but I'd hate to say its ironic, because its really not. :smith:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

hobbesmaster posted:

Wishing the entire world to end in cleansing nuclear fire is better than just the middle east right?

"Pity the living, for the dead got the easy out"

But seriously, I don't know how many people in the service I've heard say some really lovely/racist/awful things and I keep hoping they are joking...

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Joementum posted:

So if you're in the DC area, wear some boots and waders to handle the inevitable river of blood.

The statue was made from the blood of his enemies, right?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

A Winner is Jew posted:

The Navy and Coast Guard aren't as bad as the Marines and Air Force... maybe the Army is better to but probably not.

The Navy.....has its share. Don't be fooled. The Coast Guard is a different breed, since they are largely enforcement and rescue.

Air Force is awful. Marines are awful. Army is pretty bad too.

Wax Dynasty posted:

I assume this will take place at the same time that the National Christmas Tree is lit so that balance is retained in the Force.

The statue was created so Cheney could tie his life force to this plane.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

a shameful boehner posted:

Al-Jazeera America?

Conservatives: "A MUSLIM News Group?!?!"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Fried Chicken posted:

We had a Muslim guy in our department. Some of the more vehement right wingers (going by what they post to Facebook now) decided to throw his prayer rug overboard

He got another, ended up keeping it in a storage space he had a key to that most couldn't get to. I never saw him pull it from there to use though.

:doh: The problem is the Conservatives in the Armed Forces tend to be the higher ranking individuals more often than not.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Talmonis posted:

It's the second coming of the Red Scare, complete with armed morons threatening to "stop them" but with actual "Reds" (read: Muslims) to target and harass this time instead of simply inferring that anyone who disagrees with their right wing bullshit as one.

And this time around, the GOP likes the Russians :unsmith:

For all the wrong reasons.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Thump! posted:

Usually. My last 1st Sgt at my reserve unit was an ultra liberal postman from Jersey, which was the most shocking thing in the world to me after the last several I had dealt with. My favorite was probably the one who would rant continuously about how gays would be the fall of the USMC, similar to the decadent destruction of Rome or whatever.

Ours was a guy who started preaching about how the holy land proves that the Bible is true and that I was going to hell for believing in Evolution.

Thump! posted:

My favorite was probably the one who would rant continuously about how gays would be the fall of the USMC, similar to the decadent destruction of Rome or whatever.

I wonder if he has a Molon Labe flag and rants about Spartans ;)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Its way too close to a Planned Parenthood Center to be coincidental....

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mr Hootington posted:

Government party. Possibly Health Department. All we know is one of the suspects restaurant received a B on the last inspection.

What? This has to be wrong.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Silver Nitrate posted:

That's a bomb handling dealy

Lenco Bearcat.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

They forced the funding into other departments, and the CDC has to let the NRA look over any sort of gun violence research before its published.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Joementum posted:

Sheriff Joe has a plan.

I'd like to add that there are also some not in law enforcement who are calling this a bad idea.

"I think threatening a Federal Judge is a good idea and am a racist piece of poo poo" - Joe

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Also... you know, Constitutional rights are like... important.

Except for slavery, right? That was an okay removal.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Dec 3, 2015

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Maybe the county tried to steal his herd's grazing land - it could be anything!

Expound upon this.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

toanoradian posted:

Isn't that Cliven Bundy? Is there another one like him that actually shoots up people?

I figure it is, but I want him to seriously defend Cliven Bundy :ssh:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Joementum posted:

Bonus quote of the morning, "Every time Dick cast a vote, we won." ~ George W. Bush

"Mission Accomplished" - George W. Bush.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

So, a friend of mine (who is a panicky, credulous millennial who believes everything he reads on the internet) just posted this poo poo on facebook. I don't even know where to start with him. Every time I debunk some stupid poo poo he posts he's like, "Oh, thanks. It's good to have other perspectives but I guess we'll never know". I am loving sick to death of educating people.

Berdoo shooters "confirmed" as Islamic Terrorist sleepers

"These are the shooters! Muslims!"

immediately below the image of the vehicle and the bodies

"Win an AR-15!"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Texas is being Texas:

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/uncucumbered/texas_sues_to_keep_out_six_syrian_refugees

quote:

Texas has filed a lawsuit to stop the resettlement of six Syrian refugees in that state tomorrow.

The Hill is reporting that the Texas Health and Human Services Commission filed a request for emergency relief in Federal District Court late yesterday, asking the court to ban the Obama administration and the International Rescue Committee, a non-governmental organization, from resettling the Syrians in Texas as planned.

In its filing, Texas points to the 1980 Refugee Act, which requires the federal government to “consult regularly” with state and local governments about resettlement plans before relocating refugees in a state. The complaint charges instead of working with Texas, the Obama administration and the International Rescue Committee “have left Texas uninformed about refugees that could well pose a security risk to Texans and without any say in the process of resettling these refugees."

Texas also points out to the court that about 10% of all refugees end up in that state, and pleads that it has more than done its part, and that taking in more Middle Eastern refugees is just too dangerous.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Ubiquitous_ posted:

I would call out your racist coworkers. Only way this stops.

What if they are your boss?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

sparatuvs posted:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35000998

so much for workplace violence

it's Muslim extremists guys

Because workplace violence instances can't be planned ahead. They are all spontaneous.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

It's quite unfair to compare a handful of nut jobs who are inspired by an otherwise reasonable political position with an entire nation state which controls land, pulls in hundreds of millions per month in revenue, and has a sophisticated and worldwide agitprop operation, yes.

Ahahahahaha...ahahahaha....reasonable political position

And not two days ago he said the best way to fight terrorism was "coming together on climate change". He flubbed Syria to the point where ISIS was able to self organize and roll back into Iraq. The France attacks were "a setback". And now he's saying our focus should be on gun control. He's either dangerously disconnected from the realities of how things have changed, or just madly spinning to avoid having to admit he was wrong.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

zoux posted:

I think that ISIS gets most of its money from oil sales.

There is reason to believe that the Saudis and Qataris are, at least, being negligent in their financial system as we know several groups or people are funneling and managing ISIS funds received from those oil sales in those nations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

zoux posted:

I'm sure they are but at this point ISIS is self funding. They'll probably take any motherfuckers money as long as he's giving it away.

No, that's not what is happening. ISIS doesn't have access to reliable or safe ways to move that sort of money, they are likely laundering that money through those two.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Because we have a reference guide that lays out unabridgable rights.

Slavery called, it would like to know where you got that idea.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

zoux posted:

Well if 19 Saudi nationals crashing planes into iconic American structures and killing thousands of civilians isn't going to get us to do anything, I'm skeptical that this will either

Pretty much. Obama raised the concern a couple weeks ago with the Sauds publicly. The Sauds just kinda nodded and moved on.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

If the attack was Terrorism then why hasn't Isis said anything about their attacks via twitter?

They did. They denied responsibility but congratulated the attackers.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Pohl posted:

People aren't calling it radical islam and calling for nuclear war, so they are soft on this guy. That's all it his argument is. gently caress anything else, if you can't label this guy a radical isis soldier, you aren't being honest.

....you mean outside of the usual suspects. Like Trump and half the GOP and its constituents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

ColdPie posted:

Nope, still not seeing it.

Well....there are multiple Pro-Life / Christian groups who have called for violence and condoned violence against volunteers and clinics. So its not that far out there.

• Locked thread