Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Xequecal posted:

If you have a mod or a passive skill that gives X% Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life, and you use a skill like Glacial Hammer that converts 50% Physical damage to Cold, does that mean you lose 50% of the leech that you would otherwise get? Or does it calculate the leech on the Physical damage before it gets converted?

AFAIK, Leech is only based on the actual damage you deal; so, it's post conversion, armor reduction, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Gibbo posted:

Really? I find act 3 the biggest drag

Act 3 got shortened enough that I dont mind it, the vaal sections of 2, the Kaom section of act 4, and Malachi boss fight are probably the worst parts of the game atm

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

ImsaKidd posted:

I missed the notice as well, but was lucky enough to be online.

We should do a better job of advertising a purge outside of the GMOTD- does it even display anywhere besides the guild window? If so, I've never seen it.

No, but that's the point - people who actually log in see it. I don't generally announce them in the thread or anything.

That said, a purge happened, there's room in the guild again, apply same as always.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Hi I was in New Jersey please calm down folks.

Invites via thread post are always spotty, asking in IRC or via PM is the sure way to go.

Don't be goobers in guild chat.

That is all, thank you for listening.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Yep

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Ok purge done, all crime is now illegal again. There are some slots in guild, good luck getting them if you just post in thread~

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Elerion posted:

How do you avoid gibbing yourself on reflect mobs?

Armor, dodge%, capped resists, and don't just YOLO reflect packs? It's easier to not die to reflect than it ever has been.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Mince Pieface posted:

I think the drop rates are always the same base, you just are way more likely to see one in merc/maps because of the larger pack sizes and increased item quantity

IQ doesn't affect currency. Currency drop rates are static, and are adjusted by level range relative to your character in the same way XP is. If an exalt has (making this number up) a 1:100 chance to drop, then in a 100% XP zone it will drop 1:100 kills. If you're in a 97% xp zone, it will have a (1/100)*(0.97) drop rate, or about 1:103.

Basically the best way to get currency is to fight stuff your own level. All this said, the larger pack sizes at higher difficulties, or as a modifier on maps, obviously have an affect because you're getting more shots at a drop.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Hello Friends,

As there is now the ability to see time since last logon to guild, I am doing ad-hoc purges. You're fair game if you've been offline for 1 month according to the game, so if you're actually playing you'll be fine. If it turns out we fill again and there's no 1+ month offline people, I guess the guild is Actually Full for that duration.

Basically it's time to start petitioning GGG to add some more guild slots is what I'm saying.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

I dont know why anyone is surprised at expensive p2w options on the chinese client.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

dangerdoom volvo posted:

what the gently caress

Get Duck and Covered, b*tch

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

TheRat posted:

I've never quite understood why people dislike act 4 so much. I personally find it much much better than act 3.

Agreed as gently caress, though cutting a zone off of Kaom's dream would be welcome

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I watched mathils stream. It's beyond broken and will be nerfed by the end of the weekend I predict.

What is "It" here?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Save me from my hell GGG

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5g4ddr/ggg_please_let_us_carry_over_stash_tab_names/

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

whypick1 posted:

Oh hey, you're still alive.

It really is loving stupid we have to go through this every league.

Yeah it's not like I was super active last league or anything

Also yeah once you unlock scion it's unlocked forever

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Akumos posted:

Is there room in the main guild when servers come up or are goons still zerging on leagues?

There were like 30 slots as of last night, and I'm sure there's some purge room available when I get home

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

please knock Mom! posted:

I'm playing with negative resists and a tabula in merciless, come at me

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Skyl3lazer/characters

75s in merciless with a tabula :c00lbutt:

Also look at those boots. Those were loving 4c, what the heck (with enchant)

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

MannersPlease posted:

Honestly league is probably dead, I would know since I quit 2 weeks in, and since standard sucks there is basically no reason to do anything other than what Jusupov says.

This is the first league I've had to kick people every two weeks since the start just to keep up room for all the new players v0v

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

dude.....I only sold you a divine

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Unexpected posted:

Hi. I have recently discovered the Trade Macro. Are there any other, non-hack, quality-of-life improvements? E.g. Something that would tell me if rolls were high, etc., so I don't have to manually look them up?

Trade macro does this. Ctrl c gives rolls and ranges, ctrl D gives prices.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Did they fix having to import cloudflare cookies and stuff? I was getting syntax errors when trying to run the script after going through all that.

Yeah they fixed this

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Posting to confirm that this expansion and Legacy look both cool + good.

Legacy best mtg format, legacy best poe league?? Maybe more devs should call things 'Legacy'

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Btw if you need to, support is always willing to do payment plans on supporter packs.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

whypick1 posted:

We're maxed out on guild tabs and slots IIRC

Only capped on slots, afaik there's not a cap on stash tabs but why do we need more ?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Awesome! posted:

well thats the best helmet ive ever found

This is a mediocre chest actually

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Buttman

and my two friends

ButtAvenger
and
GassyFartz

thanks in advance

FYI and for anyone else- sponsoring people is fine, but if they go, you go too.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

TheRat posted:

Well, he did threaten to kick you until you begged him for a second chance :allears:

Not quite, I kicked him and he begged to get back in.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

panda clue posted:

well yea I wanted to be able to steal a headhunter from the guild before I left on my own :smugdog:

i see the thread has come full circle once again, just in time for legacy league.

You called a dude a friend of the family because he didn't want to watch your build guide video.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Duct Tape posted:

Is there a build that's known to be particularly fast at farming ~T10-T14 maps, while also being cheap to gear out (talking about sub-50 chaos, preferably as cheap as possible).

For this character, I don't care how boring/gimmicky it is nor about clearing endgame bosses. I'm just looking for a fast farming for those map tiers while being cheap to get going.

Pizza totems is pretty much the way to go for that.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Listen you just gotta bootstrap yourself to money

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Cinara posted:

My one goal for the league is complete, and now I am poor again. Trying to decide between Ngamahu's and HoWA for the build I want to play with it. Played both last league and enjoyed them both, HoWA is better especially against the end game content, but Ngahamu's is way more relaxing to play.

I feel so far away from mine. I'm 3/8 Doctor and have like 1ex, but I know the answer is just "keep playing".

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

OH BOY one of you is in trouble. I've gotten a FORUMS MESSAGE REPORT of your BAD BEHAVIOR fmammal.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Elentor posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1905162

How the gently caress does one do this?
Is trade/Guild Stash gonna be allowed or do these races also count as self-found?

I would actually be shocked if anyone can do this. I think the current record in 5h BLAMT races was Western Forest or something hilariously low level like that.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

To update my previous post, there was previously another 24h Malachai kill race

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1464003

13 people managed to do it. So, good news, if you kill him you will 100% get both microtransactions and a key!

Helmann has a video of his flame totems marauder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6NF0ixKNOc

Apparently that time there was an Arcanist's box very early on (fixed seed) that people farmed to chaos spam gear.

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jun 2, 2017

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

I am totally off this race, they removed the starting bow

e; it is also NOT fixed seed

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

If you want into the Beta Guild do the same poo poo as usual, except I'm the only officer online at the moment. Message BetaBlazer in game w/ the text not again and I'll invite you

regulargonzalez posted:

Set up a guild for beta since regular guild didn't carry over. Msg me ingame rgz_MrJackpots

Are you in IRC or do you plan on being active through the whole beta to keep track of it?

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 8, 2017

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

regulargonzalez posted:

Wait, you're in my guild I think? We can do the standard one, w/e. We'll have stash space then

Nah it didn't transfer from live, no stash tabs. I'm just trying to make sure people know who to PM and that there's enough inviters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

When I saw the leather belt at the end i was praying

• Locked thread