Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vOv
Feb 8, 2014

This is it. This is going to be the league where I actually design my own build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

2.1.0 notes.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I'm considering chaos damage but considering that it seems to want you to do lowlife and LL is usually expensive (anything above like 10-20c is expensive to me) I'm not sure. Maybe I'll try Arc.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Vasudus posted:

How do you figure it wants you to do lowlife? There's nothing remotely life related except for the fact that Essence Drain has spell lifeleech built in. If anything, that would encourage a high health build.

I might be misremembering, but don't a lot of the chaos damage nodes also give you a pretty decent chunk of chaos res?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

How does this look for Arc? I figured I'll make a bit of money using it and then try a hybrid chaos caster.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Count Uvula posted:

You can tell them apart by the item picture actually. Tier 1 talismen has white strings, tier 2 have little black beads on their string, dunno about tier 3 yet.

T3 have red strings.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

RIP Contagion spreading through walls.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Bluemillion posted:

I just bought seven stash tabs after two years of making do with four.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExEjXLMd4VA

I have like 15, I honestly have no clue how people make do with 4.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

In general you want... maybe 160-180% increased life for an end-game capable build. More than that if you're playing hardcore, maybe.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Cesaro posted:

Anyone still playing ED/contagion after the poison bug fix? Single target felt like garbage to me now so I started another character.

I was playing it without poison the entire time and it still felt fine. Toss a Wither totem on it, cast temp chains to get extra stacks, and just kite it around for a bit.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Yeah, it's the one aspect of the game that I think GGG unequivocally drops the ball on.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

As opposed to people actually getting ripped off because the posts saying 'this person ripped me off' got removed?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Maddot_66 posted:

Some dude just got the congrats for being the first one into the overgrown hideout on normal this league. :lol:

Had to look up which master gives it. Worst tileset for the worst master seems appropriate.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Duck and Cover posted:

Chromatics, identify scrolls, and portal scrolls shouldn't exist. Oh and all classes should have access to the same vendor gems.

I'm down with all of these except getting rid of chroms; what's the difference between those and jewelers/fuses?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

I like chromes/jewelers/fuses but there needs to be a way to auto-click them basically. Like I should be able to click my item once and have it spend as many currencies as it takes to get what I want, automatically. RNG fuckery sucks, even with Vagan, IMO.

But that's literally what Vorici does? You can't dial in the exact coloring, though.

vOv fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 1, 2016

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

ronya posted:

pre-2.0 Act 3 had a longer, mazier Slums-Warehouses-Marketplace with multiple routes through it and fewer direction prompts. It also had an additional zone between the Warehouse Sewers and the Ebony Barracks, and additional levels in Solaris and Lunaris. The Lunaris waypoint location was not fixed to the staircase. Were there other changes?

Solaris was mazier too, to the point where I think I cleared it without backtracking maybe 2-3% of the time. Clarissa was in Slums, so occasionally you'd run into Crematorium first; she actually has dialogue for if you 'kill' Piety before talking to her.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

It's 3 plus (your level / 16), rounded down. Though you can be a level or two outside of it and still get like 90% xp.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

ImsaKidd posted:

Has anyone used 3rd party programs to alter/remove annoying particles from spells (specifically Discharge)?

I'm working on a Fakener, but the Discharge effects are super bright and incredibly rough on the eyes. Not to mention framerate issues.

It's my understanding that 3rd party programs are against the rules, but would they really ban you for making it so you don't have a seizure from playing?

It's easier to be consistent and say 'all third party programs that read memory/modify data files are banned' than to handle it on a case-by-case basis.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I wish it was more obvious what kind of damage boss attacks are.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Kea posted:

My friend just realised the golden statue ladies have a molded vag and now he wont stop laughing over vent. This game.

They also have statue dicks, IIRC.

Phobophilia posted:

I love the Dominus voice actor, the guy sounds like he's having a blast shouting some of those lines.

I would pay like $20 for a Dominus VA pack mtx.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Kea posted:

(resistances below 20-30% mostly)

:catstare:

You should be at 75% in all resistances if you're at the point where you're farming Dried Lake. How much life do you have?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Also, trading via poe.trade is useful for capping resists; you can usually find a good ring for a chaos or so.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

New Development Manifesto is up. Not a whole lot, aside from that Ascendancy is probably gonna drop the first week of March and that we're getting "some other heavily-requested trade features (not an Auction House)" sometime this year.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Hmm. I'm suffering from build indecision again. I kind of want to do something with duelist/ranger because I haven't played them in ages but I also like really flashy builds and there aren't a whole lot of those in terms of melee. I guess there's flicker strike with Oro's?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Ixjuvin posted:

I just spent some time reconfiguring an old league character to flicker on Standard, it still works and is dumb and awesome. I guess it's bad in groups but there's nothing quite like it for sheer 'hold on to your butte'

Are you using Oro's to generate charges or are you doing on-kill stuff?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Infinite Monkeys posted:

Usable crit vagan daggers aren't that expensive anyway, only an ex or two.

An ex is a lot for me considering that I don't play this game a whole lot, so I'm probably going to go with Oro's.

Ekster posted:

Yeah I agree, it won't make a huge difference with trash mobs but I think it'll really shine against tough rares and bosses.

Do note that ignoring resistances means that you'll ignore negative resistances as well.

vOv fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Feb 27, 2016

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

double post

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Welp just had two crashes to desktop with no error message or anything in a half hour. Guess I'm done for the night.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Mobs around the chest have lots of glowing and spell effects and poo poo, way more than usual. Might be your GPU making GBS threads itself?

None of the other games I play (which have more glowy poo poo) have this problem.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Arrath posted:

Jesus christ the Act 3 Cruel boss is kicking my duelist's rear end. I thought I was tough :downs:

He does that. Staunching flasks can be really helpful for phase 2 (and are essential for the Merci fight if you don't have wacky amounts of leech, life, or DPS).

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Tabletops posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1612549
"Note that these Mystery Boxes have random outcomes. Opening them near Kuduku does not influence the outcome. Please purchase them responsibly."

:(

GGG will pay for their blasphemy against the one true god.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

What does AW do if it runs out of weapons, anyway? Seems like you could get pretty hosed if you're out of portals.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

West007 posted:

How do guilds work? Do the gateways matter in any way?

Guilds are account-based; gateway, league, and character don't matter.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Chromes, whetstones, and baubles all make sense to actually use for yourself (though for baubles you're probably better off using them on a white flask before you try to roll it unless you happen to find a seething staunching flask or something).

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

akkristor posted:

So Vaal Cyclone seems to be a bit bugged. It is apparently only rolling once for critical hit chance, and either all hits are crit, or none of them are.

This isn't a bug, it's how all skills work.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Even more patch notes:

quote:

Support Gem Balance:
Remote Mine's damage modifier no longer affects damage over time.

Unique Item Balance:
Mjölner: Its chance to cast socketed lightning skills on hit has been increased from 30% to 100%. Use a Divine orb if you want your legacy one to change.

Ascendancy Skill Balance Changes:
Unrelenting now has a 25% chance to gain maximum charges on generating an endurance charge (rather than 100%). While we do want the Juggernaut to be effective at generating endurance charges, this made it far too easy and low-effort. It's still very good.
Shaper of Desolation now grants different Confluxes over a fourteen-second cycle: Chilling Conflux for four seconds, Shocking Conflux for four seconds, Igniting Conflux for four seconds and then all three together for two seconds. Each Conflux means that any damage causes that Status Ailment. Elemental Conflux was too powerful. The new version requires more strategy (and doesn't need a kill to get started).
Inevitable Judgement no longer works against other players.

Other Balance Changes:
Players at very high levels (95 and higher) now incur an additional experience penalty equal to 1 - ( 1 / ( 1 + 0.1 * ( level - 94 ) ) ). For example, a level 96 player receives 16.67% less experience than before.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Shinino Kage posted:

Can you use AHK or something to press all four buttons with one keystroke? (Granted, I have a Logitech keyboard that I could macro all four also)

That's almost definitely against the rules.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Could I get an invite for StoneLikeFlickerer?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Someone on reddit pointed out that the total amount of XP it takes to get to 100 is just shy of 2^32 (less than 40M off), which is probably why they're nerfing XP gain instead of increasing requirements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

If they don't offer shaper-themed mtx at some point I'll be very surprised and annoyed. I love the 'hole in space' aesthetic, and the feeling of progression it gives mapping.

• Locked thread