Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
I know to never read the comments.

but loving hell.

Someone dared shake the lunatic tree.

quote:

Matisaro 3 hours ago
gently caress you redneck traitor.

And for his trouble. . .

quote:

Crusader D 2 hours ago
+Matisaro YOU are the terrorist, you obama cocksucking coward. kill yourself

quote:

MrAnomilus 1 hour ago
+Matisaro
Rednecks feed your worthless rear end.
One day we won't.
Then what will you do?
See you in the bread line, worthless piece of crap.

quote:

CR H 1 hour ago
+Matisaro You must be a drat liberal you STUPID rear end hole. You have no idea what you are saying to these brave men and woman. I have you know right now if you were standing any where near me and saying this you would have 10 kinds of kick rear end on your numb rear end ignorant minded rear end. You sir are an rear end. So shut it.

I think he has some sort of fascination with :butt:.

quote:

Ben Garrison 5 minutes ago
+Matisaro Into the ovens.

I think this is a troll. Ben Garrison has long been painted as an anti-semite.

quote:

Jodi Goswellen 1 hour ago
+William Bouley ,Amen!
He's a man who cares and has guts...
our EVIL POS DEMONS are out to destroy everything!
WAKE UP AMERICA or kiss it all goodbye.
agenda21 is in full swing, we are at WAR...STAND UP and FIGHT BACK!

True believer, or Poe's law in action? We will never know.

I legit believe that if a democrat wins the presidency in 2016 there'll be a load of 'pure christian' terrorists popping up all over the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

mugrim posted:

Right, but when do you arrest them? That fundamental question never got answered. You essentially allude to it saying 'later' after they 'go their separate ways' but there is no later where they are not armed. There's zero reason they can't just immediately start the exact same poo poo once again short of making arresting them a priority.

Source: This isn't the first time they've done this exact same thing.

Do you genuinely want us to write down a future date in time, down to the second to when they would be arrested?

Right now we don't even loving know if they'll survive the eventual standoff that will arise because at this point it's all but going to happen.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

As a Millennial I posted:

Not embedding, for those who don't want to watch a guy die one more time, but here's a zoomed, stabilized clip of the moment he went down. Much easier to see that he was reaching into his jacket - but, of course, the next comeback is "he was going to throw his gun away." If we had audio, we'd surely hear him saying this to the cops.

Christ, there's people already in the comments saying that he was totally clutching a wound and if you just slow it down to .25 speed you'll totally see. . . Exactly the same thing but it's a bit harder to tell whats happening so CLEARLY he must be holding a gunshot wound.

Nevermind the fact that there are people who have been shot and don't even know they've been shot, nevermind the fact that if they wanted to execute him all they had to do was shout "He has a gun" and it'd have been considered a clean shoot, and the fact that he reaches for his hips TWICE with cops shouting at him to keep his hands away from his waist before he gets shot.

This shooting needs to be investigated, but there's no sudden cutout, there's no editing trickery to try and make it look better. I don't see how someone can look at this and scream "THEY GUNNED HIM DOWN IN COLD BLOOD" when we have poo poo like an unarmed naked black man getting shot. Well, I say I can't see at least in a logical sense. In a black and white 'us vs them' narrativist's point of view, if they are the good guys and one of theirs got shot, clearly they got shot and killed by the bad guys, and it can't be because the bad guys had a just reason to do so. I mean it's not like he was screaming constantly ever since he got there that they'd never take him alive, and that he wanted to kill government officials. Oh wait.

Shbobdb posted:

Sovcits are pretty crazy but the police response to nonviolent (albeit incoherent) rambling is extreme.

He's waving his hands around and reaching for his hips. You don't do that poo poo when a cop is shouting for you to get down. If he was just rambling, without reaching for a potential gun? Yeah. I'd be with you. But this isn't like Tamir Rice where the cops rolled up and shot him before he could react. He got a second chance when he reached for his hips, and then he decided to gently caress it up and reach for his hips again.

E-Tank fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jan 29, 2016

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
So Prester, what do you think will come of this? I'm kind of guessing that the FBI want the four to stay in there and stew a bit more, hence why they've not said 'fine we'll let whatshisname go' and then totally renege on that offer. Kind of a victory lap of 'Oh hey, look at that. Nobody is coming. Nobody is coming to try and save you. All these people are pissant little keyboard warriors'

Which would implode the 'oathkeeper' style militias pretty quick. When you realize that nobody else is going to come and fight alongside you for your crazy beliefs, that you're going to be abandoned to die in a middle of nowhere refuge, suddenly that whole government being overthrown thing looks much less plausible and more suicidal.

And while they may want to be martyrs, I'm more than willing to bet that Levoy didn't want to die, in those last minutes. Bleeding out in the snow. :sigh:

I can't say he didn't bring it on himself, but I wish he hadn't died. Any death is always regrettable.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

As a Millennial I posted:

That would not set a good precedent for negotiations in future standoffs. We're trying to prevent more Wacos here.

:shrug: Cops lie all the time to people holding hostages. These people are just holding themselves hostage.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Pope Guilty posted:

Hey, it worked for Cleavon Little.

Unfortunately Black Bart would be gunned down in an instant by these pricks. Sherrif so he's law enforcement, and he's black? Gunned down faster than you can say 'The Sherrif is a N*RIIIIING'

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Levitate posted:

That they want pardons would seem to indicate they want to live but by refusing to leave they are increasing the chances of getting shot if the feds end up raiding this place

No, they don't want to live. Since they didn't die, they don't want to face consequences for their actions. They came in this ready and *expecting* to die. So all that going to jail and facing consequences didn't factor into their great martyr fantasy. Now that it turns out that, what a shock, we aren't run by a tyrannical muslim dictator who hates America. . . They're realizing they're not getting their death in glorious battle to get them to white christian valhalla. So now that the patriotic high has worn off they're realizing 'Oh gently caress, We done did something that could get us locked up for life'. So they're desperately trying to avoid consequences. If given a pardon they'll leave and then come back another time with an even more assholish plan to get themselves killed in glorious revolution.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

A Winner is Jew posted:

Wait.

If they're 4 of them and they're outside and exposed they should just drop water on everything outside (including them) and just wait like 30 min until they start to suffer from hypothermia and roll up on them.

I'm guessing the FBI is just enjoying this too much. The longer they stay there, the more demoralizing it is currently, for the militia nutjobs. The longer they stay there, the more chance for 'reinforcements' and when reinforcements never come, they're suddenly now questioning if their 'fellows' would REALLY come and back them up. Everyone had been caught up in that 'We'd ALL get up and do this' and yet now that they called for help, called for backup, and nobody loving came?

From now on every single time a militia gets a stupid idea, they'll have to realize that no, their fellows might not join them. And without the numbers they desperately need: That's all they are. four jackasses camping in the woods, trying to desperately convince themselves that they matter and they aren't insane.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

i wanna know what happened to their one black guy

Emergency rations were the first thing to go.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
So whats the current betting pool on if these cretins will give up before the FBI has to come in and take them down? Preferably non-lethal?

I wanna get in on that action.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

A man is dead and Cliven is just trying to use it to make himself sound better. loving dickhead.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

"Why should we have to face consequences for our actions!" ~ Party of personal responsibility.

How long until the three of them decide to eat the fat one for nourishment?

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

wontondestruction posted:

Is anyone else starting to wish the Feds would take a harder line? My sympathy....nowhere to be found anymore.

Again, the longer these four chucklefucks stay there, the longer everyone sees that the 'liberty' and 'militia' movements are too chickenshit to do anything. Here we have four men calling for backup, demanding to know where everyone else is, and asking them to pretty please with sugar on top to come and save their dumbasses. Every single jackass who has to fondle a gun and think about shooting a federal agent before he can get it up will now have to ask themselves if their so called allies will actually support them. If it was not good PR for the FBI to let them still keep on being there, they wouldn't be there. They're not only going to be arrested, they are going to be paraded around as proof that all these anti-government militias talk a big talk, but when put to the test they'll end up abandoning their 'comrades in arms' every time.

It's kind of ironic really, it's their idea of taxes and welfare but in terms of fighting. "People who need help should get help. . .Just not from my taxes." "Someone should go and support those brave patriots. . .Just not me."

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

kartikeya posted:

:allears: Tell me more about these intimidating suit wearing bike riders.

In other news, gently caress Cliven Bundy right in the ear:

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/694323382872051714

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL
:speculate:

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
Guys, I'm sad to say that this is over. The occupiers have won. They have been forever immortalized. http://tinyurl.com/hz3df5e

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Mr Interweb posted:

What's the full charged up version of this?

TARP FLAG:

You raise your launcher up, and fire, releasing a large fluttering flag made of pure tarp. Then the flag is shredded by a breeze and bits of it flutter all over the screen. Does no damage but is a mild irritant.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

kartikeya posted:

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/696451544506433537

Basically WethePeople.txt. It only refers to the RIGHT kind of people, obviously.

It's blatant "They don't have guns, they can't threaten and intimidate us, therefore we don't have to give a gently caress what they say."
Like. . really? guys? You're just sort of embracing the idea that the only reason you're carrying guns is to try and intimidate and terrify people into getting your way? I mean that's the only way I can read this. "They don't have guns therefore they don't matter."

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Toasticle posted:

Prop 8 Chat

While it's been brought up, I highly recommend '8', the play about Prop 8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlUG8F9uVgM

It's hilarious really. It's a dramatic reading by a bunch of famous actors of the court proceedings during Prop 8, and some of the people it would have affected.

It even stars John C. Reilly as the expert witness brought in to talk about how terribad gay parents are. He kills it when he flops on the questioning.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

A Winner is Jew posted:

Well for one thing being shot by cops will mean that their grievances will be accurately portrayed in the media?

Or the media will make it a point to mention that the police force in the US is a bit too trigger happy?

Oh I know, the police just won't strait up bomb them?

All that it'll end up doing is making the cops mow them down for 'fear of their lives', and the media will portray them as scary gang members.

If you want proof of that, check here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvW_zBvJlsA

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
On the one hand, I'm listening to people who might be dead because of their own idiocy soon. . .And that makes me sad. :sigh:

On the other hand, they're making the biggest asses of themselves, and it's hilarious hearing these self styled patriots poo poo themselves as they realize how hosed they are.
:munch:

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Thump! posted:

Oh man they're gonna use the NIGHT VISION on them!!!

THEIR SNIPERS! THEIR SNIIIIPERS

Maybe if they hold up their Sov Cit bible it'll deflect bullets?

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

UIApplication posted:

Holy poo poo 1200 posts, what happened

There once was a mlitia in Burns
They took over a refuge they didn't earn.
They panicked and ran
leaving behind their scam
and four shmucks holding the bag.

The FBI applied pressure
Mark started to re'sure
The phone calls did fly
to a man with face like a pie
who gushed over ratings galore.

Cliven got on a plane
because the four left were about to wane
He hurried to go, left his posse in tow
and now he is bound for the hole.

FBI started to squeeze the plucky little occupiers, all four of them. they flipped out, prepared for their glorious final assault. One of them called this dickwad called Gavin and started talking for a while. Constantly explaining that they were here peacefully and if any cops showed up they'd fill 'em full of lead.

Just about the time they'd managed to talk themselves into surrendering in the morning instead of dying in a blaze of glory and half opened condoms, Cliven decided it was his turn to head there. He got to an Airport, whipped out his ID and gave it to the TSA. He flew down and right into the FBIs waiting hands, whereh e was promptly arrested.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
He's terrified of going to jail because he'll be raped. Christ.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
oh thank loving god. I was terrified during the whole thing I was just going to hear a loud bang.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
Bundy is lucky, really. He's getting the legal Rico instead of this one.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

mcclay posted:

Wait, so the FBI has him?
HAHAHA holy poo poo
Thats...Thats good actually. I'm glad he isn't dead. Turns out all his Jesus comparing and rejoindering was for naught.

He gave himself up after much ado about him being a man and making a stand, because that's what a man does. He also threatened suicide more than once, and went on a crazy screed against the government hiding proof of UFOs (Not aliens though. That'd be silly.), and all the technology that they're hiding. That WWII was a scam, Vietnam was a scam, and it's all being run by the jews bankers.

Now that it's over, it's kind of sad really. He needs help. Like, a lot of help. Hopefully he'll get it now.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
Well that didn't take long.

Crossposting from Freep thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3599372&pagenumber=824#post456197677

quote:

To: bigbob

Agreed. Makes me want to find out more about David.

How long had he been there?

Where did he come from?

Why did he insist on being last?

Could he have been a gov’mnt informant? I do not know...but he ended up going on and on about all sorts of things, none of which had anything to do with why the Bundys were there.

Just makes one wonder.

164 posted on 02/11/2016 12:28:40 PM PST by Jeff Head (Semper Fidelis - Molon Labe - Sic Semper Tyrannis)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 111 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Charlie Browns Gun
The guy is a mentally ill kook. But his will be one of the images used to discredit the broader movement.

Is he a mentally ill kook, or is he a good amateur actor?

He has produced the desired effect. Now, tracking him through the Jesters System will be the interesting part.

"News" is a funny thing. America has the attention span of a gnat with ADHD. That trait gets used A LOT.
167 posted on 02/11/2016 12:57:05 PM PST by kiryandil ("Our Muslim-In-Chief, Barack Obama - the Quislaming in the White House")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 158 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Faith65

He’s either doped out and mentally ill or a fed plant.

Given that he insisted on going last and that he hit every single conspiracy theory that you could think of before giving up...my gut says he’s the latter.

177 posted on 02/11/2016 9:14:49 PM PST by Jeff Head (Semper Fidelis - Molon Labe - Sic Semper Tyrannis)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 171 | View Replies]

From Jeff Head a short while ago:

quote:

To: PAR35

No...he ABSOLUTELY does not want to pay for things like abortion.

It is a very important and valid point.

And this man is saying he is going to make his stand.

28 posted on 02/11/2016 10:06:07 AM PST by Jeff Head (Semper Fidelis - Molon Labe - Sic Semper Tyrannis)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Anosmoman posted:

But will it be public?

Probably. If they're going for RICO they're going to want everyone to see how the sovcit 'magic words' are all false. I'm also hoping that they actually bring in legal experts who just completely rip apart all their arguments.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Jagchosis posted:

Few if any will go to trial though.

What makes you say that?

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Jagchosis posted:

3% of federal cases ever reach trial and these people all filmed themselves committing the crimes of which they are accused. If they go to trial they are very very likely to be convicted and if convicted at trial they will get much harsher sentences than if they take a plea deal.

That assumes the DA offers a plea deal. This is the biggest open and shut case in history. They recorded themselves doing all this, and the FBI has recorded it all. Once it gets onto the internet, it's there forever and nothing you do will make it go away.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
Has there been any discussion of plea deals yet? I'm genuinely hoping they take at least the Bundys and hang them out to dry.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

And here we have a very rare 'Conspiracy theorist'! Ohh man, look at the walls of text on *this* one. Crikey, he's a beaut. They're fascinating creatures, very rare in this neck of the 'net. Can't tell what gender it is. . .Gonna have to stick my finger in it's butt to find out, but it's already pretty riled up. They can often times be calmed down by saying certain phrases that make them think you're not hostile to them. Case in point. . .

"Jet fuel can't melt Steel Beams"

"Jet Fuel can't melt Steel Beams"

That's one of their common mating calls, and hopefully should convince the cute little bugga that I'm not trying to hurt him. They're not what I'd call stupid, but they sure are gullible. Tend to believe anything they're told as long as it's against the government or makes them feel like they're special. Sort of like knowers of an ancient secret, or like Cassandra from the ancient greek myths. Giving predictions that nobody'll believe. Unfortunately said predictions tend to never actually happen, so it's less that they're like Cass and more like they're just a bit off their rocker.

Gorgeous specimen here though. I'm going for that butt now, hopefully that'll let us see what gender they are!

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

pillsburysoldier posted:

You forgot such restrictive mitigating factors, such as "the WORLD was watching!"

The thing that I don't understand is that they say that, but the explanation for why Ammon Bundy and the other leaders didn't get black op'd out of existence, and they actually provided footage of them taking down Tarpman is a non-committal shrug as they explain that government is loving stupid?

I mean I understand that they're being gross hypocrites and showing a lack of critical thinking, I'm just having a hard time understanding how the human brain can bend and twist itself around like that without cutting off blood to some part of it.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Mirthless posted:

There is a difference between armchair projections and actual reality. There is a lot of ways this could have gone very wrong, right up to the very last minute of this. What if one of the guys threatening BLM employees had decided to take it a step further?

The instant they went hostile or did something violent, they'd have been raised up another level from 'Crazy assholes we're trying not to murder' to 'terrorists' and basically everything would have come down upon them at once. All the power was there and ready to do it if they hurt someone, but until they try and do that (And I'd be willing to bet since they had people in their camp from day 1 they'd have known about any attempts and would have stopped them before it happened) they're not hurting anyone. No need to kill anyone until lives are actually in danger. Is it a really lovely thing that a bunch of people were scared of them? Yeah. It is. Is it worth gunning them down on sight? Not really.

Remember, at least 3 MRAPs were there and ready to go on a second's notice. All the agents were ready to go, but until there's actually a life in danger they're better served by letting them hang themselves out to dry until they see an opening to take them down without putting a lot of people in danger.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Now? There has been a body count tied to him ever since people from his ranch went and murdered cops.

He and his immediately distanced themselves from those two, claiming nobody liked them and they left early. Unfortunately there's no real way to tie them together since they weren't actually with the bundys when they killed those cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Close enough for me, and I'd love to hear why anyone there deserves the benefit of the doubt when they say the two were somehow distinguishable, and forced out, from the rest of the crazy going on.

Oh yeah, I agree. If not straight up conspiracy charges, at least charges to incitement. unfortunately the legality of proving that Cliven had a connection to them beyond them going to his ranch is kind of iffy.

As a comparison imagine being charged with murder because one of your classmates grew up and became a serial killer. Yeah you both could have been friends, even close in your classroom and you might have at one point talked to him about killing all those freaking ginger kids that he killed, but it's almost impossible to prove and would be a miscarriage of justice if they did.

It's a really lovely analogy but I'd really rather not have a precedent set where you can be arrested for someone's actions just because you both went to the same place for a period of time.

• Locked thread