Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Radbot posted:

I get why they're not shooting these guys up, but why aren't they placing LRADs or other non-injurious but highly annoying things? There's no way this lasts for more than a day when you're getting 24 hours of 90db shrill sirens in your ears.

Pointing and laughing seems to be working out fine, why go to the trouble? Let them pitch their fit and they can have a nap afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Talmonis posted:

Their discomfort pleases me. I am feuled by schadenfreude.

Though I agree with the people way earlier in the thread, they should go full Norieaga on them and blast Master P's "Make 'em say Uhh" at them 24/7. I for one would enjoy watching them foam at the mouth with hate.

As long as we don't use Billy Joel, Supertramp or Yoko Ono. I was pissed when Cheney used torture and have not softened on the topic.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose
You guys enjoy your productive bickering. I'm gonna sit back under a comfy tarp, pour a drink and laugh at the imbeciles on my TV.

:heritage:

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Who What Now posted:

What the gently caress should we be producing? Who gives a poo poo whether a thread on comedy forum something awful dot com is "productive"? This is dumber than arguing about tone.

Nah, it was pretty fun reading until it became an outrage-off. And I don't like your tone.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Radish posted:

See also Greg Abbott that kicked out the ladder behind him for other disabled people.

That's a hell of a mental picture all around.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

kartikeya posted:

And is pretty standard tactics in these situations.

Also

https://twitter.com/amandapeacher/status/687837389092331521

A road to where?

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose
I wonder how many endangered bird nests/Native American burial sites they tore up for this road? If we're lucky, some Monkey's Paw poo poo will start to go down.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

LeoMarr posted:

Many moons ago our ancestors came to this site to bury our kin, now white man builds roads over it. What will we do

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/malheur/learning/history-culture/?cid=fsbdev3_033850

Many moons ago and also present day. I'm also pretty sure they didn't actually build anything, they just bulldozed up a track.

Actually, I guess this response works better in this thread:

Intel&Sebastian posted:

gently caress off leomarr

Spun Dog fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 15, 2016

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose
Looks like the FBI/Triage thing was reported by http://tvoinews.com

I can get to the home page about 1 out of 5 times when I try to load it. Looks like it's getting hammered.

Edit - Best comment so far: "Hey surgical team, sew this guys lips shut please!"

FAUXTON posted:

"TVOI" is a sovcit blog, by the way.
Ha, of course it is

Spun Dog fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 19, 2016

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

A storage room woild be relatively dry and warm and also quiet, and is near a building where food is stored. Just like the boxes in my shed were. The dudes said they want to speak to the tribe and deal with them properly, remember when I started this with the big bold capitalised "if" they are telling the truth?

This thread is like a retarded episode of Wild Kingdom.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Intel&Sebastian posted:

And how much of that credit is spent when you remember they're giving Pete the biggest audience he'll ever have, guarenteeing at least a few converts to his message?

Or how they encourage this whirling pastiche of conspiracy rage to directly report his even more insane and inflammatory version of events directly to the people who need it least?

It's assholes all the way down. I don't understand why anybody would try to sugar-coat that.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Condiv posted:

the fbi does have an extra wing of the hospital cleared out just for the ranchers

Unless you've got some current info, that was disproved a while ago.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Discendo Vox posted:

Condiv's just shitposting.

Gah, It's hard to know where to draw the "TOO LUDICROUS TO BELIEVE" line anymore.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose
Last I heard about it was this:

But who knows for sure? Maybe god is real and his name is Andy Kaufman

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

My Man Shran posted:

Now don't go crazy there, Ivan. We don't know the full story out there in Oregon yet. As far as we know, the feds have been a force of complete oppression and incompetence in the way of these fellas success.

I think them Bundy boys should be given the benefit of doubt for the time being. We should let these fellas state their case in the calm, articulate way they have been using thus far.

Support our troops.

Nah, I think the other guy is on to something...

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

LeoMarr posted:

Yes the government should flagrantly gun down dissidents. Your perspective starts to change when you're the dissident being gunned down.

I too take all posts at face value in this comedy forum.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Pryor on Fire posted:

It's so surreal to see everyone taunting these people and practically giddy because the FBI shot someone. Christ, is our culture war horseshit really that entrenched in everyone now?

I remember back in the day when everyone hated the government, conservative and liberal. But now it's more important to fit in with your left/right tribe above all else and make fun of those OTHERS and make sure you keep fitting in with your side no matter what. Can't think critically, can't consider both sides, certainly can't do anything but support the government unconditionally no matter what because the other side is doing the exact opposite and we can't show anything that might be construed as empathy with those devils, no matter what!

It's to the point now where even young marxists and revolutionaries are beyond elated that the FBI just killed someone and is tuning in hoping for more deaths. Unfuckingbelievable that this is where we're at now as a culture.

I find your user name offensive.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

TheMadMilkman posted:

At this point do we even know if he was shot by the FBI as opposed to a local police officer? I believe that both were present at the roadblock.

He was shot in the back by the militia for deserting his vehicle.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

As a Millennial I posted:

I'm not saying their complaints are legitimate. Just that pointing and laughing, or calling for them to be replaced by factory farms, isn't helping their persecution complex.

Only enforced medication/trepanation would help. Let us have a little fun.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

As a Millennial I posted:

Increase BLM funding so that they can't complain about their needs not being addressed. Some of the more rational complaints have been that the BLM is just too slow in approving leases or lax in managing the land. I'm not saying we should forgive outstanding debts or start giving land away for free, but people on both sides seem to agree that there could be better cooperation between the two.

OK, I'll do that right after this post.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

A Winner is Jew posted:

Wait.

If they're 4 of them and they're outside and exposed they should just drop water on everything outside (including them) and just wait like 30 min until they start to suffer from hypothermia and roll up on them.

Good idea, but I vote we drop santorum.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

A Winner is Jew posted:

I think he was talking about the frothy discharge from post anal sex. Not the person it was named after.

This is correct. Please let the record show that I was referring to the regular noun and not the proper.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

It's an honest mistake, you really wouldn't want either one of them touching you.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

OAquinas posted:

So you're saying it was a futile self-fulfilling gesture that died in the snow?

Holy LOL

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Discendo Vox posted:

From the bundy ranch facebook, via jj macnab's twitter.

We the people of Harney county,

Signed,

Cliven Bundy

Internet to the World

Misspelled "Malheur" of course. That's how you can tell it's legit.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Kazak_Hstan posted:

It's also about removing an instigator of violent uprising from his position of being able to do that. Bundy isn't some crank writing letters to the editor. He has conspired to obstruct federal agencies twice in the last two years, and there is no reason to believe he will stop. He has committed crimes, he will continue to commit crimes, the approrpiate place for him is prison. It is probably not prudent to move on him while Oregon is still hot, but I think the Burns situation has demonstrated the shortcomings in the hope he'll just go away approach.

The only way to prevent violence from these people is to simply give them all federal land and disband the BLM, USFWS, NPS and USFS. And of course then they'd probably get mad and hang the sheriffs too.

They have demonstrated they will conjure a martyr out of thin air. There is no amount of restraint that will calm them down or prevent them from feeling aggrieved. We allowed this monster to fester and grow through two decades of being afraid of our shadows when it comes to rural whites with guns. It's time to start changing that.

That's not bloodlust. That's not irresponsible. The bloodlust is in the people saying if you enforce the law on us we'll shoot you. The irresponsibility is in telling hundreds of people to descend on Burns for an "operation." They are entitled to the same due process and fourth amendment right to be free from unreasonable seizure as everyone else, but they are as subject to government coercion as everyone else, too.

Well said. I keep hearing these clowns scream about their rights which are derived from the government, but never their responsibilities to that government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Epic High Five posted:

This is a funny thread to post about how instrumental civilian firearms will be in the coming revolution

Agreed. The irony is the only thing that makes it tolerable.

Edit, well maybe not tolerable

• Locked thread