Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Al! posted:

You would think that as military LARPers they would understand the basic concept of supply lines.

That's the thing though, they're like kids playing army instead of acting like people who have actually done it. From the guy making the "tearful" farewell video to his kids on why he won't be home for Christmas, to asking for snacks and warm socks, they're doing things that make more sense in the context of spending months overseas on deployment. It's cargo cult stuff. It's also why they're wearing a range of surplus and/or high speed gear instead of just showing up in appropriate civilian clothes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Liberal_L33t posted:

This is loving nonsense and you know it. If you're referring to the indirect "creation" of AQI by the Iraq invasion, the "honeypot for radicals" was absolutely not the intention of any of the invasion planners, and although Dubya and Cheney may have made one or two statements to that effect as a justification for their failures after the fact, even the neocons didn't make much use of that argument and quickly pivoted to arguing that they could shut down the influx of jihadists if they were just given a few more years and a few more billion dollars. It was the same post-hoc rear end-covering that led the WW1 German general staff to claim that it had been their plan to subject the French army to attrition at the battle of Verdun after failing to reach their actual objectives.

Just so we're clear, the point you were sarcastically trying to make is that it is *never* worthwhile to aggressively prosecute extremist militias if it might inspire lone wolf attacks in retaliation?

Has D&D actually bought into the meme that it was the Feds who were at fault for the bloodshed at Waco, and not the heavily-armed, child-raping death-cultists who opened fire with automatic weapons in response to federal agents coming with search warrants for their illegal arsenal? In my opinion the greatest tragedy of Waco (aside from the deaths of the officers and the brainwashed women and children choosing to die rather than surrender) was that it convinced federal law enforcement to walk on eggshells around psychotic cults with mostly white membership and, for example, drag their feet when it came to shutting down the ISIS-like Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints compounds sprinkling the southwest.

As opposed to the Oklahoma city bombing that was a.resulf of Waco?

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

As a Millennial I posted:

This is the video that these people claim proves their case. In their chat they keep complaining that if they could just get enough people to watch this video, the country would be on their side.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T424sWq1SkE

Ok, I'm not watching that whole thing. Would it have killed them to film this somewhere where there wasn't a dump truck operating off camera?

To add to this, she's using the argument that nouns in the Constitution that are capitalized refer to specific things instead of categories of things. Specifically, she uses the fact that the word "territory" is capitalized in Article 4 Section 3 reefers to pre-state territories and not the land in general. This is a fallacy.

Under the older rules of grammar, and under the German language, all nouns are capitalized. This is no longer the practice, and at the time the Constitution was written, the German practice was on the way out, though it was still used from time to time. So she's using a quirk of language to try to argue a legal point, rather than any factual basis.

http://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2011/04/the-constitution-capitalization/

Armyman25 fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jan 13, 2016

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

goddamn guy, the constution says the supreme court gets to decide what it means, not you

To be fair, the Constitution doesn't explicitly provide for Judicial Review.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

LeoMarr posted:

Except you know, Article 3 Section 1.

Doesn't say a thing about it.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Dude couldn't find a charity that needed a grand?

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Crain posted:

This is legitimately hard to watch. I had to turn it off...

Pete's also decided to trade in his leather jacket, scarf combo for something more...militant (he's also calling himself "militant press" in today's stream.)

https://twitter.com/conradjwilson/status/688444238531407872

According to his bio he's a former Marine. Don't know why he'd opt to wear an Army uniform now.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

i'm going to bet you don't know the definition of assault. for a hint: it doesn't involve physical contact

The difference between the definition of assault and battery depends on the jurisdiction.

So, in some states assault is defined as attempting to hit someone, while in others, it does include physical contact.

I don't know what the law is in Oregon.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

These are pretty good but I feel the cop from Illinois was being an rear end hole.

Most of the rest of them displayed a superhuman amount of patience though.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Knight posted:

https://twitter.com/Patztense/status/696855971386302468

But how can you fit more unemployed sovcits in a trailer park?

Is an RV park different than a trailer park?

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

oohhboy posted:

Don't forget the other end of it where they watch too much Escape From New York and think the President for Life is going to take away their red meat, alcohol, guns but make Christianity compulsory and all crimes are death sentences by other means.

That was Escape from L.A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZCypUOH8js

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

botany posted:

I agree that guns should be as well-regulated as cars, including license, registration, insurance etc.

I don't need to register, insure, or have a license for a car I operate on my own property, bud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

You'd get poo poo on pretty quick if you tried driving that beater into a civilized area though.

True enough but I can buy as many as I want without a background check.

• Locked thread