Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
I tried playing this back on the 360 ages ago but something just didn't mesh with me. Knowing now that your particular style and class and poo poo doesn't ultimately matter has gotten me hype :buddy:

However, an important question:

How robust is the dress up mechanic? I'm a sucker for good clothes and armor options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

FutonForensic posted:

Woods can be "deep," as in expansive, but it could equally be an error like you said

or

OR

they're referring to the chimera's rear end in a top hat, because you're about to get deep in that poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glTOPkITos0

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Tae posted:

The game seems basically Skyrim Meets Dark Souls, but accidentally being Saints Row Fantasy Edition.

Someone needs to make a Johnny Gat pawn immediately

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Tallgeese posted:

It has been brought to my attention that the game unequips items invalid for your vocation after loading your save. This new version should fix that, as well as let you equip anything on the oddly special screen you get after a vocation change.

code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CheatTable>
  <CheatEntries>
    <CheatEntry>
      <ID>737</ID>
      <Description>"No Armor Restriction"</Description>
      <LastState Activated="1"/>
      <Color>80000008</Color>
      <VariableType>Auto Assembler Script</VariableType>
      <AssemblerScript>/*
  Tallgeese's Devil/Equip:
  Removes equipment restrictions.
  You still won't be able to use one weapon's skills with another.
*/

[ENABLE]
aobscanmodule(allowEquip,DDDA.exe,0F 94 C0 C2 0C)
registersymbol(allowEquip)
aobscanmodule(allowEquipAfterVocChange,DDDA.exe,75 09 5F 5E 5B 33 C0)
registersymbol(allowEquipAfterVocChange)
aobscanmodule(removeEquipSaveCheck,DDDA.exe,75 15 8B 4D 10)
registersymbol(removeEquipSaveCheck)

allowEquip:
db 90 B0 01

allowEquipAfterVocChange:
db EB

removeEquipSaveCheck:
db 90 90

[DISABLE]
allowEquip:
db 0F 94 C0
unregistersymbol(allowEquip)

allowEquipAfterVocChange:
db 75
unregistersymbol(allowEquipAfterVocChange)

removeEquipSaveCheck:
db 75 15
unregistersymbol(removeEquipSaveCheck)
</AssemblerScript>
    </CheatEntry>
  </CheatEntries>
</CheatTable>
Have fun playing dressup!

I love this is already a thing taken care of.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Surely there's a reason why this monocle in my storage is worth 300k money, right

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Zeron posted:

So I'm trying to decide between Ranger/Assassin routes, and while I really want to like the bow it's been really lackluster for me so far(as a Strider) compared to the daggers. What's are some good Strider bow skills to use? The only one I have so far that does any damage is the rain of arrows one.

I'm having fun with Full Charge, especially when the mage sets my bow on fire and I slam an arrow through a harpy's face.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
I got the Easy Kill skill.

Incidentally, I feel the game is really clicking with me now.

But how do I get a store's inventory to upgrade? I'm in the city, the king has his lackey out giving me jobs, and I haven't seen any new items in a while now and I'm at level 22 or so.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Infinity Gaia posted:

Story progress, basically. If you want to skip ahead a little bit without doing more plot, try the shop you get by liberating the quarry near gran soren or the one at the greatwall encampment far northwest, past the lady bandit fort.

Cool, thanks :)

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
If I switch vocations, I don't lose progress on my first vocation, right? I kinda want to get the carry more stuff perk the fighter gets for my assassin.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Is there a way I can hot key weapon sets for an assassin? Like if I want sword and board, press 1-2, or daggers and bow press 3-4?

Also my main pawn effectively suplexed a cyclops off a cliff this game owns :bahgawd:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Johnny Joestar posted:

anyone who ever said that warrior is boring is a goddamn liar

Yup. I'm zooming around with a giant sword and it's some :black101: RULES OF NAAATUUURE :black101: poo poo.

Team rocket blastin' the gently caress off :black101:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Is there a way to wear whatever I want as whatever vocation I choose? I want cool robes while I swing a warhammer.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

CJacobs posted:

I will try to experiment more then. So far my experience has been trying to use the shield, pulling off a couple perfect blocks and sending dudes exploding off into the void, and then getting completely owned because I have no idea when the right time is to cast my enchantments or use my mace.

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=586957&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

This cheatengine table (it's a couple posts down, you can't miss it) has a toggle for equipping any items for any vocation.

Awesome

Awesome to the max :black101:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Holy loving poo poo perfect release arc of might with my fire enchanted war hammer on a griffin :stonklol:

Also kicking zombies

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Control Volume posted:

Lmao I did the second salvation quest and the boss man at the end was dead before I even figured out what was going on, it was nothing but insane magic particle effects and then suddenly victory.

He spawned with half a health bar for me, so uhhh :rip: I guess

Also I threw a bottle of oil at a griffin and then arc of might-ed it right in its loving face with my fire enchanted warhammer

:black101: rules of naaaaatuuuuuuure :black101:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Morbidmind posted:

Does anyone know if you can still break Nameless Terror by interrupting the last guys monologueing?

It was kinda weird for me, in that I managed to spawn the enemies out of order, but I killed the last guy while he was talking and got the quest complete thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
I forgot I had equipped blast arrows when I tried tenfold flurry on the cockatrice.

:stare:

:getin: