Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Policenaut posted:

Everyone who posts in this thread is bad. Also Gundam Extreme VS Force might be fun.

Wasn't there a lot of reviews from the Japanese release about how there were less features than the PSP one? I canceled my preorder of the HK release because of that and also the localization announcement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, the big complaints were that it lacked online and a bunch of the features from normal Vs games. It's more of a Musou game with Vs elements or at least that's the main advertised mode. I cancelled my HK pre order too when they announced the US PSN release, I'll go get a 64 GB for it.

Hmm. It's still on my radar but I'm not quite as enthusiastic about it as I was before :/ Eagerly awaiting your impressions then :)

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Annath posted:

Axiom Verge ever come out? (for vita?)

Midjack posted:

Not yet.

I thought it was cancelled?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Midjack posted:

Galak-Z got cancelled. Last I heard on Axiom Verge the guy was waiting on some new dev tools from Sony. That was months ago, though.

I knew I was misremembering. Thank you.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Holy poo poo, that dude got punched into a helicopter!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

lets hang out posted:

i went to buy a vita game from psn and my pstv crashed

What was it?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Agrias120 posted:

As a general PSA to anyone who might not know, this is a fantastic remake paired with a phenomenal translation. If you like Tactics Ogre games, or FFT, or strategy/tactics RPGs in general you should hop on this. There's a ton of content there, too, with branching story paths, etc.

Goddam, I wish I had the patience for SRPG's so I could get into Disgaea and Tactics Ogre. drat my broke brain :saddowns:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Anora posted:

So got 20$ on the PSN and noticed that Square is having a sale including Legend of Mana, when reading the description it says it plays on PS3 and PSP, but does not mention the Vita, will it work on the Vita?

If you're still wondering, yes it is playable on Vita. I have it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

drat, they were trippin' so bad, the dude managed to lodge his lower left leg in her butt.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

my friend agreed to watch jojo if i watch berzerk and i think i got the short end of the stick here

Berzerk owns.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Mithaldu posted:

Turns out Steins;Gate explains the true meaning of "moe".

My god it's so clear now. My life is complete. I will now wait for the cold embrace of death.

The Reaper!

I see it!

Baal posted:

Blazblue is good on the vita, if you have yet to blaze the blue then I recommend using your vita to do so if you do not fight game normally

How friendly is it to people who don't play many fighting games and don't bother with mechanics deeper than press button, hit other dude or dudette?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Erg posted:

god bless dragon quest

Baal posted:

It's time,it's time. It's Big Bad Vita time!

The dream is still alive!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Vita is getting a new ClaDun game: ClaDun Sengoku.
http://gematsu.com/2016/02/cladun-sengoku-announced-ps-vita

I enjoyed the other games in this series so I'm interested to see what they plan on doing to expand on the premise.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

thorsilver posted:

Hahaha, oh my god. My wife went to the trouble of buying me two games for Christmas for Vita that I'd officially given up on ever getting localised. She wanted to get a special treat for my nerd arse.

Those games were God Eater 2: Rage Burst and Shiren 5 Plus.

I'm sorry dear :(

Thank you for your sacrifice :rip:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

We salute the heroes whose noble monetary sacrifice ensured we got good videogames in a language people can read. It is a Vita of a good time to be alive.

:patriot: Replace flag with your respective nation.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Junpei Hyde posted:

Downwell is a super fun game and I'd love to have it on my Vita.

Same but I think it would end up kinda squished because of the Vita's screen.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Gabby_Jay posted:

How many buttons does it need? Can it be played with the vita sideways?

Just Left, Right, Jump and Shoot. I had thought of that, though.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Junpei Hyde posted:

Jump and shoot would be the same button seeing as you can only shoot in midair.

Yep, you're right. Forgot :doh:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

I love this, thank you

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Holy poo poo, Bacterial Contamination owns :stare:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Stux posted:

im both chies

Because you're twice as terrible as the other Games posters....like Chie is twice as terrible as everyone else?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Midjack posted:

what the gently caress

Baal posted:

Does Toukiden have cool looking bosses

gently caress off troll

Lol. I'm kidding. Chie is cool and good.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Cross quote from the Early FPS Thread concerning Duke 3d Megaton Edition.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Txn posted:

Uppers demo is now available alongside a free theme.

Oh hey. Got any impressions?

Yechezkel posted:

Another update:

Always bet on Duke.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Thanks for the first impressions, Vita friends :nyoron:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

So tearaway was great except for the stupid glitched level that is preventing me from getting a plat trophy.

Which one? I was able to plat it. My only plat, in fact :3:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

BisterdDave posted:

I kinda want to check out Hitman GO and Ninja Senki DX, but they seem like future PS+ games.

Anybody try that Ninja Senki DX?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

HGH posted:

Someone was talking about Asia imports or something the other day I think? Well here's Gundam Breaker 3 in Asian English. Last time that happened they announced a localization not too much later (when's that due anyway?).

Ok. So expect a localization as soon as I order this then.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

lol YCS blast from the past

:laffo: that gets me every time.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Rising Zan owns and thank you for this flashback.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

I've got my tickets for the April show in Seattle. This is gonna be awesome. :slick:

Pls post your experience.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

I'll be sure to do this. I haven't been to an event with swarms of anime fans in a looooong time, I can't wait to find out how the crowd is going to traumatize me.

Ooo, can't wait to see the new you :nyoron:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Healbot posted:

Video games are the devil and hell, I'm glad they're dead.

To offer an opposing viewpoint: play games, hail Satan :devil:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

OxMan posted:

When the vita first came out there was a gamestop thing you could buy that literally went over the screen and it would display the image ahead like a projector but it looked like poo poo and i havent seen one since.

Oh poo poo, I remember seeing that but never actually saw it in use. Probably because it was clunky as hell.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Meowbot posted:

I pulled out my playstation vita slim out of thecase and the darn thing won't turn on. I plug it into a computer thinking oh it will get power so it should turn on, nope. The light goes orange and stays orange, unless I hold it down longer then it blinks orange. I've tried probably 7 or 8 mcro usb cables and 4 or 5 diff wall charges and havent no luck ...

I can't find the official Sony VITA charge box but I Remember using a samsung tablet charger at one point. I can't figure it out because someone said hold down PS power and right for 20 seocnds and after doing that it flashes a picture of a battyerr with a / through it but if I use specific chargers or my PC I can't get that screen to appear after holding down the buttons for a long time ... Any idea what is going on with my Playstation Vita? I only had it from christmas 2014 onwards and didnt use it for about 8 or 9 months.

Sounds like your battery is completely discharged. You're going to need to charge it up probably for a few hours. It won't charge over USB unless you have one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/battery-conve...ita+usb+adapter

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

How is the Jak and Daxter collection? I've never played the series but I like me some ND games.

I remember hearing that the Vita version has some framerate issues.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Endorph posted:

there isn't like one vocaloid composer, it's a bunch of amateurs doing whatever they want, and the stuff that gets popular gets added to project diva generally

you can find p. much any genre in miku form

I'll say. I think this was posted in the last thread. Not really my thing but I was surprised to hear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pqtOm9pvbo

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

^I posted that. There's a surprisingly big amount of metal stuff done with Miku. And a lot of it is pretty drat good.

I recently found something that works well as a recommendation for just about anyone even those not familiar with vocaloid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPYqrVDlc_4

It's an entire album by a bunch of producers doing shoegazer songs. Shoegazing was a weird rock subgenre in the UK from the late 80's/early 90's and, what ya know, works surprisingly well with Miku on vocals.

I like this album enough that I actually want to buy it. It seems to be available only in this store that doesn't ship outside Japan, so if any of you actually knows what the best way to get my hands on it I'm all ears. There's a forwarding service called something like... Tenzo? Worth using?

Hey now. That does sound good. Thanks for posting :)

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Junpei Hyde posted:

Because I just got it, I dont have a humungous pillow lying around for this exact purpose.

Smh if you don't have a body pillow already cleansed and sanctified for this moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Really Pants posted:

XCOM's graphics and load times have naturally taken a big hit, but it remains a good and fun game for anyone who isn't spending all their money on anime bikinis

I will consider getting this between bouts of spending money on anime bikinis.