Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Bard mid update: it's really, really bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

disagree

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

So uh. What keystone do you pick on Jhin. They're all bad.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Jhin trip report: It's like playing Jinx. Insane late game damage but you won't be doing that damage in yolo queue because noone peels.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Radical posted:

for whatever reason

that reason is being a stealth ninja assassin my friend

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

PSA: It's Fiora time. Her three strongest in-meta lane matchups have been nerfed last patch or this patch (Tahm Kench, Poppy, Graves).

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I really don't understand why the game needs that item and why Zed got a preemptive nerf but Talon is going to jump close to 60% win rate with it, use his entire combo on someone and if they survive he just has to tap them once with a auto and they explode from a zed ult.

Talon's standard combo already includes an auto, so it's just a bunch of bonus damage on him for no extra effort

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Arrgytehpirate posted:

How can I get SSW Thresh?

I'm choosing to read this as SJW Thresh based on the previous discussion.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I need help coming up with a new one-trick-pony summoner name. Ideally, it should combine my love of Fiora and of Kanye West somehow.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Change to a vayne main and call your summoner vanye west and when they finally listen to my skin idea you'll be cool as heck

I checked this one ages ago and it's taken :(

I think Dark Twisted Fencer is in the lead currently, especially as I play Nightraven Fiora..

Also, NiP may have been mostly Jay-Z rapping but it's clearly a Kanye track, just like the rest of that album.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

sorry I confused jay-z with Kanye west... Jay-z is okay.

You just managed to be wrong twice in a single post bitch. Jay-Z hasn't been relevant in like 10 years but Yeezy still makes good poo poo.

E: Let the record reflect that I made this post the day before the release of Waves, which will probably either be brilliant or total garbage.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

seizure later posted:

yeezus was the best album released in the last 10 years

I love Yeezus but it wasn't even the best Kanye album released in the last 10 years. He'll probably never do another MBDTF

Sexpansion posted:

Too bad Fencing School Dropout doesn't fit the character limit.

This was real good otherwise, but the character limit even kills "Dark Twisted Fencer" so I'm back to the drawing board :/

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Are there prizes for reaching gold other then the border? I seem to remember something a few seasons back but I was never serious enough to bother.

Gold is literally the only tier that matters other than the dumb border, as it gets a skin reward every season.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Voxx posted:

ad malzahar rolls up in his voidwagon and sicks his voidlings on you while blasting rules of nature out of his 8 track player

until you buy the 1300 gold item rip me

Speaking of, does anyone have the original Malzahar/Kassadin/Voidwagon post stored somewhere?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

its even better than I remembered

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I don't see the point of the new AD item on Talon. You still need Yomuus first for the movespeed during ults, since you'll be ulting sidelanes more often than your own mid lane, and once Yomuus is done, any 2nd AD item will let you murder any squishy, not just the Duskblade.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Methanar posted:

If your name is shen trundle gp poppy mao malphite darius nasus yasuo or mundo take grasp of the undying. Otherwise thunderlords.

Fiora should run Fervor IMO. I always all-in at 1 or 2 as Fiora and Fervor destroys Thunderlords for that

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

ungulateman posted:

methanar 'i literally only play powerfarming midlaners and never gank' mcgee over here with the sick burns

Uhh I'm pretty sure he regularly presses R while farming as Karthus, which counts as two (2) ganks at once.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

AHH FUGH posted:

lol Everyone in NMD is saying it's some amazing masterpiece or something

It's like Yeezus was just kinda okay sometimes but not even good, and this is like the exact opposite of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, which is to say it's awful

It's weird because MBDTF is objectively the best album ever made and Yeezus was so different in every way but still really good in it's own right, so it's not like a Kanye album HAS to be like MBDTF to be good now. I've only gone through TLOP one and a half times so far so I don't have an opinion yet, but Yeezus took me a lot longer to like than basically anything else he's done so I think I'll have to summon patience for TLOP too

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Are there any seriously bad matchups for Xin top right now? I've been playing with reasonable success although he does have the obvious get hosed with no mobility if ganked issue. I think Poppy might be annoying but otherwise he seems to own in the top lane

I haven't played it but I don't see how Fiora doesn't poo poo on him seeing as his CC is ridiculously predictable and he doesn't have a reliable reposition skill to deny vitals

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

CertainlyT is the Kanye West of champion design

Thresh is MBDTF

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

It's pretty weird to post that not even a week after the great Kanye derail of 2016, yes.

As for LoL, what are the most straightforward Silver/Gold bans right now? I'm so out of touch with the meta. I'm not even considering jungling until weeks from now.

Ban Graves and Soraka. After that, who cares really.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Radical posted:

currently talking about "butt drugs"

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/692967570740224001

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

blah_blah posted:

I've played this matchup a ton as Garen and I don't think it's a good one for him.

Fiora / Garen is reasonably even. Garen needs to max E over Q though, in case he was considering otherwise. I've played Fiora into Q max Garen and it's a joke, because you Riposte all his damage and then poo poo on him. Fiora outscales Garen but Garen can definitely snowball that lane in his favour, either alone or with the help of the jungler.

Here's my big list of Fiora matchups:

Unplayable for Fiora:
Graves

Real bad for Fiora:
Quinn, Tryndamere

Not great but playable:
Poppy, Lissandra, Lulu, Malphite, Pantheon, Trundle

Even and fun:
Renekton, Darius, Irelia, Riven,

Even and uninteresting:
Shen, Garen, Nasus, Olaf

Fiora with slight edge:
Jax, Xin Zhao (I think), Nautilus, Mundo, Kayle, Wukong, Cho'gath, Gangplank, Ryze

Fiora shits on:
Tahm Kench (post nerf+bugfix), Gnar, Yasuo, Volibear, Swain, Vlad

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Sperglord Firecock posted:

what about teemo

I don't know. Buy a hexdrinker and poo poo on him I guess. If you Riposte Blind he's probably dead.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Verviticus posted:

olaf is even and uninteresting? every olaf v fiora lane i do is a complete murderfest and usually olaf comes out on top

I've only played it 2-3 times and usually the Olaf has used axes to farm caster minions and used his Ult to disengage when I've ulted to turn a trade into an all-in. I guess I've only played against pansy-rear end Olafs so far

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

X-post from esports thread, question, can Caitlyn kill Malphite here? He didn't, but I feel like he could and should have. Additional information: Caitlyn Q comes off cooldown 5 seconds after this screenshot is taken.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

What they really need to do is give 2 stacks per champion kill and assist and take Dragon and Rift Herald down to 3 stacks and Rift Scuttler down to 1, to promote actually ganking every now and then

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Alris posted:

Corki-only account named Hiroshima Big One

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

Also, what is this "tank akali" I've been hearing about?

Akali has very good base values, which means she does a lot of damage even with tank items. If you run some magic pen on her to amplify the base values, Sunfire Cape becomes even better on her too. It's obnoxious but it definitely works.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Sexpansion posted:

Please tell me if you all are getting tired of my misery.jpgs

This one was actually really close! I had a big lead in lane, I think I need to learn how to carry.

How do you only have 5 kills as Lux in a game that presumably lasted 45+ minutes

E: Against a team that, minus Zilean ult, has 3 people who will die in a single combo from you.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Don't play Lulu. People who play Lulu ruin the lanes they're in. Same thing goes for solo lane Morgana, by the way.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Tried out that tank akali thing people are talking about.

:drat:

I was 10-2 in a ranked game as tank Akali and our Ahri kept telling me to peel for her and our Lucian, despite the fact that I had more kills than the two of them combined. I pointed this out, to which she replied that they did more damage. I responded by flash ulting onto the enemy ADC and instagibbing him, just to prove a point

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Lord_Magmar posted:

Well the strongest cc is death. So Akali peels by killing people trying to kill her squishy friends.

http://summonerscode.com/post/43781013130/exhibit-187-tristana-0157-why-didnt-you-pick

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

played first game in 5 months and man Mf still hella rad, that walk is the A game let me tell ya.

Is there a write up at all on the ADC items now? I kinda just built the ones that looked cool and did well. Normally I'd follow probuilds or something but I wouldn't mind figuring out why things are good from someone elses perspective.

Rapid Firecannon is really good on MF now, I usually build it 2nd (behind ER or IE depending on the matchup and how hard you're snowballing). The trick to it is that she gets great midgame "poke" through her passive combined with the RFC passive.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I miss old Poppy, including her old ult and passive

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Don't tell anyone, but Jhin is just Varus with different power spikes

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Daemonlasher posted:

Okay guys lets be constructive at least when we're making GBS threads on somebodies opinion. I'm going to assume by the 4th post he gets it.

For what it's worth I still don't get it. I don't mean that they have identical skills, but that long-term, they will fulfill very similar roles. Varus powerspikes at 2-3 items whereas Jhin hyperscales, but long term, I'm pretty sure you'll pick them in similar teamcomps (minus the mid/late considerations).

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Kayle is one of those weird champions that is pretty much always good but everybody forgets about.

Because she's boring as gently caress

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

exethan posted:

just start dorans -> morello, fqc, or grail every game and get a NLR item, void staff, and cdr boots as your next 3 pickups. I prioritize codex if i'm winning lane already. I go for mana regen / defensive components if I'm having a bad time.

Specifically go Deathcap before other NLR items and Void Staff on Lux even though it isn't always the most damage-efficient build, because you get that extra AP on your shields too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Jarvan is still really really bad

Full AD Jarvan is so much fun that it's starting to blur the lines and making me think it's also strong. I've been running it both mid and top. One game, I ended with Yomuus, Steraks, Titanic Hydra, Black Cleaver and Maw and managed to take 99% of an enemy ADCs hp in an ult+hydra auto combo (I preactivated Titanic Hydra rather than use it as an AA reset to see how much instant damage I could do)

• Locked thread