Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The following gif does not feature goons, but I still felt it should grace the early pages of this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Ekko:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJFMKHUuuRg

Azir:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g5XBKtb5y0

Twisted Fate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgDd9luCWEM

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 31, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I enjoy how the leaked patch notes are 90% unfinished but they made sure to prioritize Shen puns.

I'm glad Riot isn't appreshensive when it comes puns.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

This new Kennen champion looks like an interesting addition to League of Legends.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I actually re-installed LoL yesterday. Man, that updating process sure hasn't gotten any faster.

Luna Was Here posted:

i mean who wants valid criticism when we can have non sequiturs, methanar selfies and candian weather reports am i RIGHT?>

Why are you of all people making this statement. Seriously.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

It's pretty weird to post that not even a week after the great Kanye derail of 2016, yes.

As for LoL, what are the most straightforward Silver/Gold bans right now? I'm so out of touch with the meta. I'm not even considering jungling until weeks from now.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Feb 16, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

GreyPowerVan posted:

dota 2 is an actual good game so they have to talk about other interesting things that they are addicted to like butt drugs

league is a skinner box with a game overlaid on it and we're all addicted so it's all we have to chat about

hth

I was going to make a comment about there being no gacha in LoL, but then I remembered personalized skin sales, mystery skins/chests and crafting are all actual things.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

This is true. Didn't you notice that when you were in the company of such glorious PBE players as WE Dyrus, TSM Krepo, Elements SaintVicious, C9 YoungBuck and SKT-T1 Brokenshard?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I would guess about 50 to 60 Euros. Seems about right, although I am still sitting on nearly 2000 RP that I might never spend.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Wasn't there some pro a couple years ago that went to do intermediate bots and got absolutely poo poo on? I think by cass bot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvTELkJa6-k

If you haven't taken an inhibitor turret 25 minutes in and everyone's doing poorly better start buying those Zz'Rot Portals + Banner of Commands and just avoid the bots at all costs, because they will have become a roaming band of warriors that will CC-chain and delete you in 2 seconds. It basically is a lot like the best way to cheese the Doom Bots at that point.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Feb 25, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

She had nerfs during her stay on the PBE and still was bonkers.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

So have there been more red posts talking about Malzahar? I still love that dude, pretty much the only consistent AP mid I've had in the past two years (probably because he has rarely seen changes).

Methanar posted:

do me now

I've read your thread about online dating in GBS, but I did not know you were that desperate.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Mar 6, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Aurelion Solomid's splash art looks a bit goofy. Like he just counted on his fingers how much chicken nuggets he can get and went "that's a lot of nuggs, dude!".

Gridlocked posted:

Honestly if you look through the Skins and Trivia pages of everything on that wiki someone has put in an un-sourced statement about how X is referencing this anime/My Little Pony/popular cartoon.

Sad lonely people will read into anything and everything hoping to draw connections and say "SEE MY X AND Y WORK TOGETHER SO IF X IS GOOD Y MUST BE TOO"

Meanwhile, still no mention that the sound of Jinx's passive is clearly inspired by the Six Million Dollar Man. Goddamn millennials.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Does it say "error 45: なに, バカ 外人" ?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

apparently you need a japanese ip to play in the japan server?? racist

Mierenneuker posted:

Does it say "error 45: なに, バカ 外人"

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Changeshapers: Mecha Incognito :allears:

I love the occasional stutter effect on his voice.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Kashuno posted:

God drat the whole stars visible when in brush thing basically means he can't hide in any brush ever.

A majestic dragon isn't going to hide in puny green bushes!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwrC3X7d0eI

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Seems like getting killed was not a problem there.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Voli'Teemo.

Or Voli'Swain. Either way, you'd be giving that useless bear a better purpose.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Mar 29, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

:allears:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

RIP living suit of armor idea though. I guess I just have to settle for this... dreamboat of a man.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I'd lament the loss of another targeted CC, but double Dazzle is just too drat fabulous.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

It's at 7:41. You know what I'm talking about.

Start at 6:48 though, he has a bunch of great lines leading up to that one.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Everyone who doesn't think that HoN was the superior MOBA is a pussy anyway.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Tides of Blood was the best MOBA

drat, I guess I could have gone deeper on that joke. I was considering Infinite Crisis for a bit, but that one seemed too obvious.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I think I played nothing but Rammus the last time Ascension was around. Speeding around, locking people down for the rest of your team, pretty drat sweet.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Rengar just wants to shout and let it all out.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbAFXJC0J5GaVjPNNw_i-oLNKc7bVQcF

Not up-to-date though. Also maybe a bit too lengthy if you just want the basics.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

https://www.champion.gg

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The design of the rework was exciting and wondrous.

The whole balancing aspect was a tad off though.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Trad Trundle is the only Trundle

Speaking of what happened to traditional skins :(

Having a minute of old VO is really lackluster when the new lines clock in at 15+ minutes. There's also plenty of lines that are tied into ability usage that help communicate what is happening (think Twitch for example).

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Some of these Phreak puns ruby me the wrong way.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Mordekaiser is still my favorite controller.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I'm a LPB.

This was on a wi-fi connection. Fiber-optic internet is pretty good!
(the main EUW server is in Amsterdam, so that makes things really hunky-dory)

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Show some respect for the guy who killed his fanbase by streaming nothing but Teemo.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Jhin... is not good?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The mystics of Ionia delve into the deepest mysteries of Valoran, pioneering the most inner depths of spirituality. Their adepts are some of the most devout proponents of enlightenment and harmony... but as is always the case, there are those who follow a very different path. Born in a grassy clearing under a red moon, Udyr has always been compelled by the primal drive within him. His will was not untempered, simply undomesticated. As a boy, he toiled on his father's farm, but he felt a much deeper connection with the mustangs that would graze in the distant fields than with the townsfolk who would visit. Oftentimes he was dragged into the house at night with a swat and a scolding when his parents would find him sleeping beneath the stars.

On the day of his sixteenth birthday, Udyr bade his family farewell and struck a path to the east, determined to shed the trappings of civilized society. Freed of the shackles of cultural expectations, Udyr tapped into a well of inner ferocity he hadn't known before. His feral senses roiled to the surface and he let them overcome him. It was at this point in his life that Udyr truly lost his humanity. Poachers and travelers who entered his territory did so at terrible risk, and rarely managed to leave it.

A monk on a long journey passed through his woods one day, and Udyr decided to scare him, leaping from a nearby brush. The monk casually turned and redirected Udyr to one side. Udyr, enraged, tried time and time again to best him, but the monk was unassailable. When Udyr was exhausted, the monk wordlessly beckoned him to follow, and together they walked in silence to the Hirana Monastery. The monks there took him in, and taught him to harness and control his animalistic fury... most of the time.

lol.wikia.com never forgets

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I like HotS because I can not play it for 3 months and jump back in with some light reading, instead of a loving novel of patch notes and mechanic changes. EZ game, EZ life.

Endorph posted:

i stopped playing hots because if i saw the pirate map one more itme i was going to strangle somebody

Obviously you couldn't handle two chests at once, ya blaggard.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Clairvoyance got removed on Sunmoner's Rift at the of last year. It was too good for this world, RIP.

• Locked thread