Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

fyallm posted:

In the OP it states:

Also be sure to select 'Use Raw Input' in the options. Most operating systems have mouse acceleration turned on by default which will screw with your aim. Having a 1-1 interpretation of your movements is significantly better.

Where can I see if this option is turned on? I can't seem to find these settings within Windows 7.. Also under the motion settings I see a "Enhance Pointer Precision" box, should that be checked?What does that do?

It's in the CSGO setting menu, under mouse/keyboard. When I had my old Logitech I kept it off so I could use the angle snapping their software provided, but new mouse doesn't support that and it was likely a placebo effect anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

fyallm posted:

Hum ok. While in teh game, I feel like my mouse is sluggish. Like I will move my mouse to the right and then to the left and I feel like it is still sluggish and still moving to the right when I move it to the left. Any ideas? Sorry if that didn't make sense.

Is it wireless or wired? Could also just be FPS lag or input lag if you are on a laptop or underpowered computer.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

fyallm posted:

It is wired. And it is an underpowered computer, so I was hoping it was not that.. But I wouldn't doubt it. Thanks!

CSGO is actually heavily dependent on CPU more then GPU when it comes to frame rate, so if your processor is old that is likely going to be cause. Try playing with cl_showfps 1 enabled and when you get the lag you will likely see your FPS dip low. 200-300+ is what most professionals shoot for iirc.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Turn all graphics settings to low/off and lowering the resolution should help a lot, a few updates ago they reset every ones graphics settings with a new auto detection setting because valve.

Also I am pretty happy with still being DMG after the changes a few months ago to rankings, games are a lot closer and have less wild swings in skill gap between players unless a rare smurf appears.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Awesome Welles posted:

For real though, when the gently caress is the next operation, my Steam wallet misses its guaranteed $15.

Probably still reeling from having to roll back their spray changes. Or waiting till its nearer to the next major maybe?

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Crain posted:

N64 mode for the win.

needs to be a 4:3 reslution

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

How would you set this up? It looks like something my lovely non-gaming laptop could run

I doubt comp servers will let it work since the textures look to be redone, likely its a mod or just a photoshop someone made.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

fennesz posted:

This thread boosted my FPS by a lot.

Reinstalling my realtek sound driver fixed a massive FPS issue on my old computer.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Icept posted:

They're warming up the Source 2 update... it HAS to be that. I BELIEVE

maybe this will fix the planting animation hitbox

it wont

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

The Ferret King posted:

I haven't heard anyone else say anything negative about this tweak, but it did absolutely nothing for my FPS.

What CPU are you using? It likely only works on newer ones that valve haven't coded to be detected by the multi-thread properly.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

With an old CPU like that the multi-core option in the video menu will likely detect it properly. From the comments in the reddit thread its mostly newer CPU's it helps, 5000/6000 series. As ricky was able to saying in a better way then I.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Solo Q has gotten a lot better since the de-rank-a-thon. Two matches yesterday, first would have ended in a tie, but the guy on our team with $10K decieded to drop at the start of the round. Second match ended up 16-13 and no one was really far and away better skilled then the rest of us, scores were all around 15-20 kills each.

Game is finally good and balanced at dmg/le?

I am still terrible and make dumb mistakes all the time.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

0 bomb plants in 11 rounds, 12th round is the charm

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

fnatic on tilt

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

NA > EU

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXh1sKkcYb8

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Had a factory new icarus fell drop while doing a random MM. I bottom fragged and everyone got really mad I got the gun. So thanks Valve for giving me $100 for playing this game horribly.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

symbolic posted:

Didn't you also post about getting an Akihabara Accept last Operation?

No, but I really wanted one. My previous item find post was about the Stattrak M9 Black Pearl that I sold for a few bike parts. Dude I sold it to recently sold all his knives as well, guess he had to liquidate some assets when oil started its slump.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

sub.io thread is better then this one anyways

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Before FMPONE ruins cache I made a video from some sub.io fun on it tonight as well as a nifty trick from I found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SPgVNA9UCg

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Gone through quite a few overwatch cases myself and I would say about 20-30% are actually hacking or griefing. The most obvious so far was the guy hitting awp headshots through the doors mid on de_dust2 from t-side by shooting through the right door. A few started out with nothing showing as well and then toggled. But a lot do seem to just be smurfs and you can tell by their movement/crosshair placement they are on a different level then the rest of the people they are playing against.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Up Circle posted:

I've never gotten an overwatch case for griefing. Do you get to see chat/voice?

I only do overwatch once a month now though because its almost always some guy smurfing

The few that I have had are from people that either just sit in spawn and can't be kicked, typically two doing this at the same time, or ones where the suspect constantly runs around a teammate and blocks their shots.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Fateo McMurray posted:

140 wins GN4, no overwatch. I just wanna get high and judge suspected cheaters :(

You need 150 wins to get it, after 150 you may immediately get it or it may take a few more wins.

ArfJason posted:

for this replay im not holding back "I'm gonna go medieval on your rear end" <<--- little quote most of you just wont "get"

do u still have my ace of base cassette?

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Xenaero posted:

I made a mistake and mm'd last night when my intention was to decay for a few months down to the fun ranks

Oops.

It doesn't actually decary, you just lose the rank, play one MM match and you get your rank back, maybe drop by one rank. Had an account I let sit for six months, played 3 MM, lost the first 2 and won the third one and I was MGE instead of DMG the account was left at.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Currently they are just playing other NA teams so until they play LG or some EU teams wont really know. Could be muy pequeño.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

I liked old nuke.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Old nuke was at least better then inferno. Only crappy teams would lose CT side on inferno, so basically any team I was on. Will be interesting to see how they "fix" inferno.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

I tried running on linux and my fps was fine, but when people specc'd me they said it looked like my rates were way low and even from my perspective poo poo looked to just pop in. Other games on steam/linux ran fine.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

qhat posted:

Not really, it was middle range two years ago

good thing the card doesnt really do much for source games, CPU will increase your FPS more then a fancy new graphics card will with csgo unless you have a really old graphics card, like 5+ years old

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

my main account used to almost always be on 7 day mm cooldown, this is why I smurf, but I am bad at it and my alt accounts are the same rank as my main. it's just so hard to do bad, I get down to MG1/2 and to get lower you have to be really really trying and I end up back at LE/LEM

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

One of my smurfs is from when I first signed up for steam when it was just a patching service. Apparently a 6 digit steam ID is worth something these days? Had a guy offer to buy it while playing MM on it. 126876 person to sign up for steam.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

I remember when firearms was more popular then counter-strike

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Also play in fullscreen instead of windowed fullscreen.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

sterster posted:

Is there a way to edit my sound so that gun fire isn't as loud or I can increase footstep sounds?

You can edit the voice volume, but individual game sounds no.

I remember way back even before 1.6 I loaded up a spin bot with a friend and emptied a few servers, changed our names to have MyG0t in them as well. IIRC the cheat had some in game menu and added wireframe dudes through the wall.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

stopped watching summit when he started his gambling addiction, looks like he needs to play csgo more

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Up Circle posted:

yea i caught that but my console said i got him for full damage though, unless i read it wrong

Console includes overkill damage. Esea uses a plugin that shows actual damage done to kill someone.

Was still a nice ace.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

ArfJason posted:

inferno ct side
mid is smoked and i heard two guys behind
im like ok sure why not?
get in smoke, look up, right click flashbang
get 2 kills
going back to my position as a T that i didnt hear because i was laughing exits out apartments door and owns me

The amount of people who believe smokes are solid walls that no one would dare push is staggering in this game.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

I just watched the full oddshot of summits fuckup at dreamhack in austin. His face is priceless when he just looks at the camera all surprised. they even started to play the closing music to send it back to the desk analysts before he died.

http://oddshot.tv/shot/dreamhackcs-20160507155051467

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

real dilemma posted:

who on the team do you think was the first to realize that he died in the fire

it definitely wasn't summit

When someone dies to a molly during comp play twitch chat now spams 1g in the chat. And some people are calling the space where he died summit as an in game callout. I hope valve adds a logo somewhere there, something about, caution flammable or something like that.