Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Should Eu folks play US y/n?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

I think Stormgale was our only pooling success story.

Eonwe posted:

Yes we ran Stormgale ragged on trade runs lmao

"Success"

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Stanley Pain posted:

Don't lie Stormgale, your secret fetish is being whipped like a donkey while you "handle" large items.

Can I get real for a moment? Am I allowed?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Stanley Pain posted:

Yes, proceed.

I unironically enjoy working and organising poo poo like secret farms or Tractor convoys or pirate raids, I like that sort of organisational challene

I am a broken Person.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

never forget :911:

I should Unironically comission some grand picturedepicting my heroic slaying of the foul BM so I can feel good about myself

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Eonwe posted:

im not going to lie unless we are doing something I'm going to mute all of you guys and listen to music anyway

Let's make a cart radio channel

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Eonwe posted:

i sincerely hope we will not be conducting daily scheduled formal interviews rather than finding cool people and inviting them into our guild

Eonwe you better play this bad game with me.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Eonwe posted:

i am playing this bad game

Gonna fish all day

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

RedTonic posted:

Kinda looking forward to idle fishing. Obviously I'm broken inside.

This is at least partly TSW's fault.

Im gonna be a wizard with a cart and fishing and occasionally drop meteors on people... probably.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Eonwe posted:

even if the guild is full by the time I get home, I have a goal

earn the 'Master Baiter' title for launch

Same

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

If you are thinking of playing EU, play us

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Eonwe posted:

how did I not know about the bed thing, thats tight

I wish trading was in so I could become the god of bed production for goons 0/10 game

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

lewtt posted:

:eonwe::eonwe:I need a tally of $100 sperglords who will be playing at the 96 hour headstart:eonwe::eonwe:

If we've got enough, it'd be a nice boon to be able to get a couple guild gathering missions in before $50 and $30 so we can increase the guild cap.

Guild Gathering missions are 90 minute timed guild-wide quests that allow you to keep what you gathered; the only requirement is that the guild collects it during the 90 minutes. It also gives both youAND the guild a respectable chunk of money when you complete, with the personal money based on how much you pine/iron/flowers you got. They're not terribly difficult, but they're gonna require more than 4 people to do reliably.

I can't just start a shitton of them and do them whenever someone feels like it; In addition to the 5 a day limit, they take 20k guild funds to start that we lose it if we don't complete it

Do I need to respond or can you just assume I make bad purchasing decisions

But you know I have to sleep now so I'm kinda useless on US time

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

Sounds like we have an a-team sperg crew assembled for the early launch.

Talos guide us.

Kimsemus convince me to go NA, probably gently caress my sleep schedule and deal with lag.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Important: Fish team actual signing up, prepare for pact this is not a drill.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

JackDRipper posted:

This is the best news I've heard all day. Where do I drop anchor Captain Stormgale.

Solid Copy Jericho Delta Romeo, we will be infiltrating the sea via multiple avenues for maximum force projection.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

What if i'm a dirty Euro?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Each Dumb as gently caress niche communication method will have it's champion.

We shall start from a town, and they are given a 5 minute headstart.

Whoever survives to the end wins and their chosen program shall be blessed by the gods.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Hey Thread which class should I play (not giant as they can't be Kawaii).

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

sinewave posted:

Roll all the ones you're interested in and put two of the ones you're not playing in Calpheon at library (to reset knowledge) and at Ronatz (Yuria weapon vendor). there is massive benefit to having alts at key places as they have their own energy pool, but npc favor and knowledge are account wide.

Explain to me what you just said but pretend i'm dumb as poo poo, why is this important.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Envy Insanity posted:

Any plans for an EU guild/presence or is everyone hanging out on NA?

NA

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Hy_C posted:

Should have just rerolled lol

nah

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

LegalPad posted:

Is there any kind of server transfer method paid or not?

Yes, can't be used until launch (when cash shop is turned on)

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Eonwe posted:

why are there such strong feelings on Edan vs Orwen

i don't understand what the difference is

The fact there are no feelings is why we are staying, cause gently caress it we are having fun right now. If in 4 months we run out of people to kill who the gently caress cares, we made it 4 months into an mmo

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Rivv posted:

I've switched back to Orwen... this will be my third time doing Velia stuff again, hopefully the last for awhile.

Honestly you can just play your character wherever then transfer after things settle

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Hybridfusion posted:

Also, how do I get into the goon guild on Orwen?

Wait till we get an opening, then whisper stormgale or lewtt

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

SirBuddha posted:

Who do i need to gently caress for an invite?

message me or lewtt in game

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Firstkind posted:

So you are making the argument that we should have went to Edan if we wanted more pvp fights? Aren't you the guys that hosed up and now we all have to go to Orwen for it?

The amount of elite PVP guilds on the servers only matter if

A: That's what we are looking for
B: we play long enough for population of Elite PVP guilds starts to matter
C: We don't just spend our time doing other poo poo.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

kalstrams posted:

I plan to go back and at least try everything. I love the initial rushing and I know how I burn out on games, so I gun for the soft caps now. Bonus points in my books for early access to PvP, but I am PvP sperg largely uninterested in most systems offered by the game.

See that's cool, you do what you like: so long as you're not yelling at goons to cater to your play style we can all have fun.

Question: what do fishing boats actually do to make them worth being the hardest boat to make?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

bear is driving! posted:

Question - If I buy the game right now will I be able to start playing in the headstart? Or if I buy it today, can I not play until Friday?

The latter, just wait for a 7 day trial code honestly and see if you find something you like.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

bonds0097 posted:

What time did Early Access start, 7 AM EST or something? Wondering when I'll be able to join the poopsockers tomorrow for Peasant-Plus Early Access.

Early access is 8AM utc so like 3AM EST?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Can't claim any housing items, Rip

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

LegalPad posted:

Well server bullshit aside, I had a pretty fun first day in game.
Didn't do much combat so I only made it to level 20, but I got to 60/60 for energy/contribution. I also managed to tame 5 horses -- all male :rolldice:

I think raising crops has the most satisfying input and output out of the side skills. Starting with withered seeds and breeding until you get special seeds and are pulling out heaps of craftable resources is pretty fun. It takes workers 20-30minutes to produce 8-12 grain from a farm node, but a single home-grown wheat plant gives 30-55 wheat. High-quality and special wheat are 3x & 5x more potent for recipes, so if you plan to do any cooking or brewing, crops are the way to go.

drat I could only manage like 45/30, then again I took a break for the server fuckery and did have to sleep pretty early.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Who am I messaging for an invite in Orwen?

Edit: Or someone could just invite my character I guess, Benedetta Darkplace.

lewtt, stormgale, someone else

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Angrymog posted:

Can you fight from your horse?

Yes, how do you heal an injured horse (as in one that died)

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Unguided posted:

Could be a different group with the same bad taste in anime.

They are confirmed an "Archeage" Laughing coffins, if they were our laughing coffins we don't know.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

glug posted:

wassup, usual suspects

Looking forward to the next round of whatever it is happens with goons in games :)

I can quit anytime I want.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ahdinko posted:

Im still in two minds about buying this after trying the beta, Stormgale can i steal your guest pass?

Sure, I think I have multiple? does the :10bux:x10 get more than one?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I'm playing from the EU on about 150ms and it's fine, attack operation is done clientside so you'll never have your attack speed limited by lag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Pigbottom posted:

Do you get a different client for each region? If it's the same client I can easily just give NA a go and then make up my mind.

Same client, option in the launcher