Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

El Gar posted:

How long till all the hydroelectric dams break open?

Hoover Dam is gonna be there for thousands of years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Well yeah, it's curry.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

BgRdMchne posted:

Tell me exactly how it came to be that a bear was driving a truck on fire and making that turn?

Russia.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Honestly, i always expect those old videos to get interrupted by a bright flash and everybody diving into the nearest ditch.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Death to Vandals.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

flosofl posted:

It would have to at those pressures.

But never underestimate human ability to bypass foolproof systems. I think it was and incarnation of one of the OSHA threads that had the "rapid decompression event" for a bunch of divers. That was another "injuries incompatible with life" kind of event.

Was that the one where they found chunks of one of those poor bastards like fifty feet up in the scaffolding?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

The sensation of "oh god I can't breathe" is related to CO2 concentration in your blood. As long as that's kept in check, you won't feel like you're suffocating.

I thought it was caused by the NYPD

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Radioactive piss, even? Jesus, I feel bad for any girls he slept with. Getting a wad of plutonium experiment isn't as fun as Doom modders have lead me to believe.

Is he hot? Listen miss,
He's got radioactive piss

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Anybody with enough power to order that stuff and have it followed is also shielded by enough deniability and layers of bureaucracy you can't actually get to them without making the law too fuzzy and wide-reaching.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Seems to me like the scene of the accident was wherever he was.

Can't be charged with leaving the scene if you take the accident with you. *taps side of head*

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Boiled Water posted:

diamorphine seems to be accepted on wikipedia, but I don't think the heroin trademark is still valid.

Bayer lost the heroin trademark as part of the treaty to end World War One.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Ak Gara posted:

It's only going to get worse.

Everyone loves dense energy storage, but imagine a battery 20 or 40 years from now failing.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Memento posted:

trees will kill you

Good god. :staredog:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

Commencing shock therapy.

Rubber shoes in motion.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Ho-o-oly poo poo. :stare:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Volcott posted:

Can we nuke 'em? I feel like we should try nuking some of this stuff.

All you'd get is a hurricane that is also blowing fallout around.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Oh, but when a hurricane hit New York and all the Yankees got buttfucked by weather they're not used to, suddenly it's Serious Business.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

Uncountable GO 'MERICA ads using either "Born in the USA" or "Fortunate Son" (opening line being "some folks are born, made to wave the flag, ooh that red-white-and-blue")

The second line "and when the band plays Hail to the Chief, they point the cannon at you" somehow never gets played.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

“Do you spend lots of time and effort homogenizing mouse femer samples?” is probably the winner for advertising to a niche.

I'm picturing the infomercial black-and-white thing for this.

*swinging mouse around, smacking it into a table* "There's got to be a better way!"

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

is not really designed to withstand the detonation of an atomic bomb

Is anything, really?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

shortspecialbus posted:

I read an article somewhere about that poor kid who died on the waterslide. If I remember it right he was indeed the son of a lawmaker, and the lawmaker had fought hard to prevent government safety regulations and oversight that would likely have prevented the tragedy.

In a way I hope that's not the case because that's just the worst "poetic justice." Nobody should have to bury their child.

He was perfectly happy to let other peoples' kids die on deregulated deathtraps.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

Yeah the military was a lot of people's ticket out of poo poo holes much like the ones we invaded, so I don't really give a gently caress what you think about ethical killing under capitalism.

Their ticket out of their shithole was to go to another shithole much like it and kill the people in their situation

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Johnny Aztec posted:

This happens:

Now Playing: Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Nebakenezzer posted:

Most sailors couldn't swim

Sailing ships couldn't turn around to pick you up anyway, so being able to swim just means you tread water before drowning.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

-spend fifty years voting to destroy worker protections, unions, the New Deal, etc, etc
-get shitcanned for someone younger
-???
-AGEISM!!

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Nenonen posted:

One witness also says a lightning struck the bridge just before the collapse.

Jupiter is angry.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Have you considered that you have offended Lord Poseidon somehow?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Before OSHA, natural selection reigned supreme.

They were all gonna die for a couple feet of French mud anyway, so

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Anybody else hearing Godzilla by Blue Oyster Cult?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Just throw the whole arbitrary thing in a bin. Praise the sun while it's up, sleep when it's not.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

jemand posted:

This is the sort of cliched poo poo that isn't believable when it goes in bad movies. And yet, hanging suspended from a rope above an ever building fire was an actual thing that happened in this dude's life. He's got impressive arm strength.

I imagine you discover arm strength you didn't know you had in that situation.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Beer universally sucks.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I mean, CSB parodies involving movie fuckups sounds like an instantly popular YouTube channel.

The Jurassic Park one would be legendary.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Nckdictator posted:

Sorry for popping in with nothing to contribute but can anyone recommend any decent books on ship wrecks, sinkings, or maritime disasters?

This, but specifically the one with the [in Scooby-Doo voice]

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

ekuNNN posted:

Found a bunch of old Dutch safety posters, here are some useful ones for woodworkers:
"The safety cap was set too high"

"DEKAPSTANTEHOOG" is a pretty good onomatopoeia for the noise you make after you cut your fingers off.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Aaaaaa god why did i watch it

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Powershift posted:

Maybe they didn't know what android phones were and figured you had a sex robit

Dr Gero's parachute account spotted

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Volcott posted:

If you've not keeping back a couple hundred feet from anything even vaguely log-shaped after seeing final destination I don't know what to tell you.

i didn't even see the movie, just the trailer was enough

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

sneakyfrog posted:

way to buy into commie culture.

you ninny.

thats some faux operator poo poo right there.

Cut the seatbelt with your sickle, smash the window with your hammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

It would be medical afterwards because the people in the other cars should've kicked her rear end.