Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
The tires provide sealant as the rubber melts off. Seems legit Ivan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Platystemon posted:

Conspire to violate federal mine safety standards resulting in the death of 29 people? Get a whole year in jail.

What a victory for safety.

Blankenship didn't buy a state legislature and judiciary and several US Congress critters because he wanted to face consequences.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Blistex posted:

It's used for emergency exit training. They cram the airframe with Chinese tourists and the flight staff has to keep them from opening the door for 45 minutes before they can get their Stewart certification. Apparently attrition rates are up there with Navy Seals.

At least Navy Seals have a log at their disposal.

JB50 posted:

Same thing I thought.

And now we go to Guy LeDouche with the contestants.

Oh man, the OSHA violations on that show :allears:

Wear proper reflective vests when getting crushed by giant foam rock.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Apr 11, 2016

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Gorilla Salad posted:

This may be the least unsafe thing I have ever seen a forklift driver do while horsing around:

The pun was right there and you blew it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Haha, pretty bad, that's funny...

"Load remaining 50 pictures"

Oh dear Lord it just keeps going :stonk:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Flipperwaldt posted:

For all I know this is standard procedure. How does anyone know feet aren't the essence of its great taste?

Fine schwarma is a lot like fine wine in that respect.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Burning_Monk posted:

They edited the hell out of the movie to get a better rating. All of Tony Shalhoub's weed references got removed too. Dude's character was stoned the entire time but it barely comes up, you just seem him squint-eyed and eating bags of doritos in every scene.
I like the new version of a burning Monk.

Then again Monk would never eat Doritos because of the cheese dust getting everywhere.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Doc Hawkins posted:

There's a shot of the train in High Noon, when it's on its final approach to the station, which is taken from the tracks in front of it. I remember seeing a documentary about the film claiming that something went wrong when they were filming that, and the train just ran over and destroyed the camera, but they were able to recover the film.

There were two people standing with the camera, and they all got away, but it was the one who was not actually filming who started to say, "I think it's not stopping," and the one who was that kept saying "it's fine, this is a great shot."

e: There's some great OSHA stories from those old films. A handful of people died filming the avalanche scene in Lost Horizon, achieved using the amazing practical effect of triggering a real loving avalanche, jesus christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32b9m7CeJfQ
The blue flashes around 1:17 are from the avalanche destroying an electrical station.

Also, this is not the OSHA avalanche video I was looking for, but it's certainly as OSHA as Russia can get.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 13, 2016

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

chitoryu12 posted:

Exactly how tight is their security?

Evidently security is "put a tarp on it then dig it out from the snow as needed." Presumably the shells are kept somewhere else, but this is the OSHA thread.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
First season of Parks And Recreation?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Fasdar posted:

Roundabouts are amazing and are safer even when people use them incorrectly. When used well they are a marvel of cultural development. Fight me.

Roundabouts are fine for small vehicles but they loving suck for 18 wheelers. If they are large enough for 18 wheelers (and I know of a few that are) there's still a problem of people ignoring the yield sign and jumping in front of big trucks because they can't stand waiting behind the slow truck taking products to the stores.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
You had me at very deep vat of varnish.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

El Diablo Bob O posted:

It's because we're east of Chicago's anus.

Don't ask me why I think this, the phrase just feels right. Much better than "The Region" anyway.

GAAARY

GAAAAARRRYYYY

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Javid posted:

Costco stores hoard their pallets in an empty trailer until it's full then some lucky route driver gets to take them back to the DC as his backhaul. Getting paid loaded mileage to carry a trailer that's barely got any weight in it like that is a good day.
A 53 foot trailer filled to the brim with pallets still carry over 30k lbs of freight.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

goddamnedtwisto posted:

In fairness anywhere that stores pallets in bulk is basically a fire that hasn't happened yet, they're not only made of flammable material but are almost perfectly designed to get lots of air in once they start going.

They make fine bonfires.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Talk about foreign OSHA: scaffolding at a Chinese power plant construction site collapsed, killing at least 67. I wonder if we'll ever hear of the reason. Do they even have any kind of industrial accident investigations, or is life too cheap in China?
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/11/24/construction-site-collapse-in-china-kills-at-least-67.html
There are investigations, it's likely that some upper level supervisor is executed, and "at least" 67 is probably lowballing it by a fair amount.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Deteriorata posted:

Installing/repairing guardrails will often require resetting posts, possibly digging new holes, and other processes that need fairly heavy equipment in often precarious positions. Consequently, it's often not an operation that can be done quickly or cheaply. It has to be planned, evaluated, signed off on by 15 different agencies, and finally budgeted for and scheduled.

In contrast, they can get the extra caution sign up there using two men in a pickup in an afternoon.

Also there's the issue of funding. Anything more than 2 guys in a pickup truck will need allocation of taxpayer funds and we are never ever allowed to increase taxes unless you are from communist poo poo hole like California.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Martian Manfucker posted:

sounds pricey...

You think the gloves are expensive, just wait till you see the price of the toilet!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

you irl posted:

i brush wasps off with my dick. if one lands on the head i simply open my urethra wide and swallow it into my meatus

Sounds painful.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Juicy Juice posted:

Even the modern schools in South Florida usually have at least a certain wing that can serve as a storm shelter - the entire music department in my high school (built in the 2000s) had no windows and thick walls.
Nobody liked your music department. Sorry you had to find out this way.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Volcott posted:

What are these people saving their headlights for, double nighttime?

It's hard to reach aaaaaall the way over there to turn on the headlights while driving and eating and texting at once.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Turtlicious posted:

The pipe goes through the U then the bolts hold the U and consequentially, the pipe, in place.

Instead the pipe is held in place by two tiny nuts.

Much like my posts.

It's held in place with barometric pressure, which means if it moves 15 feet below sea level it won't work.

That's what that derail was about, right?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

This was JPM smashing into the jet dryer, right?
Yep.

Why he was still flying around the track under caution and hit his brakes to go sliding into the jet dryer, that knowledge will be lost to the ages.

Or he did a dumb dumb

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Memento posted:

There's no such thing as an "accidental discharge". The term that article needs is negligent discharge. Guns don't go off unless you pull the trigger, unless they are so poorly maintained that they can go off if you drop them, which means it's negligent to be loading them in the first place. He's a police sniper so I'm going to assume a certain level of firearm competence in regards to knowing his rifle is broken to the point when it could go off from being dropped. So that idiot either had his finger on the trigger, or let it get caught on something sticking out, but either way the rifle going off is 100% his fault.

Was it a Remington 700?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Stock Holm syndrome is padding out The Hobbit with stock footage of Ian Holm.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

MrYenko posted:

This is the best case scenario.

That said, you never know, maybe if you call OSHA, someone who would have died at work the next day will sit at home looking for a new job instead of getting killed by unsafe working conditions.

That sounds like extra competition for the available jobs.

Wait until AFTER the competition dies, then report the violations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I'm the rear tray of the atv and I'm the only one wearing a helmet.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Obsurveyor posted:

Someone has to fish his credit cards out of the fuel tank though. Might be an issue if they dissolve in the diesel before that happens.
:laugh:

The Police can use the credit card info to track the time and distance between fill ups and use that to provide evidence of hours of service violations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

ha, like your boss wouldnt immediately quadruple your workload to take advantage of your efficiency

And then make you a salaried employee because it's "more prestigious"

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Dexo posted:

I mean what's he supposed to do

Wait on two forklifts and one ladder to show up.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

If it's good enough for the troops in Iraq, it's good enough for everyone.

Several US troops were electrocuted by shoddy wiring in shower facilities during the occupation of Iraq.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/124863

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Buffer underrun, now his ladders are backed with nuclear weapons

Alternatively : now that's thinking with portals!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Synthbuttrange posted:

If you told me they retracted into the wall, I'd believe you.

They retract then extend in a pattern, just time the jumps properly and you're good.

At the top there is a hard hat. OH NO! The hard hat fired slow projectiles, knocking you backwards to the bottom of the stairs.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Platystemon posted:

I think the handrail is actually a cavity in the wall, which is still a terrible idea, but in a different way.

So 99% of would fall to the ground and break bones, but my fingers would stay in the groove? Nice.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

How about these? Bastard spawn of ladder and stairs, with none of the benefits of either.

I'm the completely open fireplace right at the bottom of the stairs that has no chance of keeping that large lofted space warm.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Powershift posted:

Nobody with a fallout shelter has been nuked in over 70 years. They just flat out work.

Statistically, people wearing a bulletproof vest have an increased chance of getting shot.

Even Presidents and Popes get shot and yet survived, that means bulletproof vests are useless.

Ok, Reagan was hit by a magic bullet that ricocheted off of the door and went into his armpit, but he was wearing the vest!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Who let children on the worksite? :argh:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Powered Descent posted:

I can only imagine this as a bad action move, with the cereal tagline as the "badass" catchphrase.

"Here's a honey of an O, motherfucker!" *explosion*
In this movie, the bad guy is Jake Rabbit.

"Sorry Rabbit, Trix are for kids." *explosion OF FLAVOR*

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Dillbag posted:

iirc that person was live streaming and is no longer alive

In the last few frames you can see a wall or building turning into very large and fast moving debris heading right at the camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

wdarkk posted:

There's a couple walls. Someone found a google maps of the place pre-explosion and used that and the timing of the destruction to calculate the shockwave velocity. The conclusion was that the guy probably got gibbed.
The collective power of people on the Internet is awesome, in the "angels consisting of giant wheels with a hundred eyes and also on fire" way.