Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bad Munki posted:

Hear me out: chest mount camera on the kid, vr goggles on you, use voice commands to drive your new bipedal drone

They have pretty good self righting features and, depending on the age, the homing functionality is solid. Sometimes actually TOO good, like, the drone won’t move out and get a job.

Lol excellent

Content: the classics never go out of style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Cable Guy posted:

Holy poo poo...

... It Lives !!

I don't know how I missed that post, but holy poo poo. I just happened to be here on business, saw that thing, and knew I had to get a pic for here.

Definitely going to visit the bridge to thank it for its service when I'm back next time.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hell yeah

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Grem posted:

Flown in helicopters plenty in the Marines. Their natural state is crashing. Do not tempt God by riding in helicopters.

Never not fly in the death machines, they're cool because they hate us all

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Trabant posted:

Your tolerance for Colin Furze's mannerisms will determine whether you watch the video, but this is the best part:

https://giant.gfycat.com/OrderlyHeavenlyJanenschia.mp4

Already knew which clip this was, and I thank you.

I'm also a terrible human being and enjoy his videos. Eh.

Lol getting taint reaped by a firework

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Memento posted:

Wow, what year did they travel to?!?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

chitoryu12 posted:

I hope she gave him 1 star.

I mean, she paid for the budget Ryan Dunn package and didn't get the full experience. Of course he's only getting one star.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

All its farts escape from that one place and it grosses out beavers, who fell the tree out of fright and disgust

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Splicer posted:

Are you implying that the combustion of his trousers is indicative of dishonesty?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

That's one way to get out of doing work

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

At least there's not going to be any bagworms in that tree now

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Cojawfee posted:

Is that asbestos?

It's lung butter now

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

As promised, pics of the 14th street bridge from this last trip:

Notice that the remnants of the last meal in the first pic.

Honestly, any driver that takes a truck through that entire area at all is loving stupid. There's no lack of signs that is not an area for big rigs.

loving gives me flashbacks to when I did logistics and learned just how inattentive or careless drivers can be.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Cojawfee posted:

Are you a horse?

Obviously not, they didn't think of ants and die

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

null_pointer posted:

Maaaack to the left of me/
Kennnnworth to the right/
Here I am/
Stuck in a tunnel with youuuuuu

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Tafferling posted:

I think that was a truck. In all there were "Just" 43 deaths, so no buses.

Catbus lands on it's feet, hail Totoro

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Old Balls McGee posted:

And not all of us are hoovering schneef off the knowledge box.

Party enema then?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Old Balls McGee posted:

Do you know what dick dingers are?

They're the reason I wear a bump cap, duh

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Antioch posted:

What's the roughneck equivalent of truck fuckling? Bore tickling? Drill dangling?

Dino mining

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bad Munki posted:

Trunk fuckling

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

that's the most popular video on the Ent version of World Star Hip Hop.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Tree law is swift and merciless.

Lol

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

As a regular human person, I instinctively look towards all sounds and begin running towards them. This is why I have no hands or legs and am dead inside and out. It's science.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Gear chat:

I don't care how hot it is, I don't get on the bike without being fully kitted out. Hitting a deer and being laid up for 15+ weeks the one time I didn't wear all my stuff was a healthy reminder.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

iospace posted:

Yeah, the guy who got hit by the tire is definitely going to have some bumps and bruises in the morning, but it's just that.

Michigan lifted its helmet and AND SURPRISE FATALITIES WENT UP. When I'm on my bicycle, I'm always rocking a bright green vest with reflective stripes, lights, and a helmet.

Missouri was wanting to lift the helmet law, and holy lol is that going to be funny.

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Friend of mine ended up basically shoulder tackling a deer at about 30 and even with all his gear he was a mess afterwards. To his credit though, he ate that deer.

Yeah, my cousin processed the bastard and made some cool knives out of the antlers, but had no idea I hit it. When I talked to him months later we got a good laugh out of that. I was in no condition to get the thing taken care of unfortunately, but the part where I didn't die was cool

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The only reason I survived my wreck was the full helmet. I blasted the back of my head off the pavement 3 times hard, not to mention the skidding. I don't gently caress around with my helmet choice or any damage found on them.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

xergm posted:

Old crashed helmets do make good cubicle decorations though.

Yep, and as a training tool. Or for my kids to play space marine with in the basement.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

MisterOblivious posted:

IIRC he nearly got scissored between the two trucks but the cammer managed to get on his brakes and stop in an unbelievably short time.

Yall don't get learner's permits first? You can't even take the BRC in Minnesota as an adult until you have a permit in hand. If you're over 18 all you need here is $21 and a passing mark on a simple written test. So simple that without even glancing at the handbook I was able to pass the practice tests. To be fair, I'm a road cyclist and a lot of the questions apply to all 2 wheel vehicles.

Permit limitations:
Must wear a helmet
No passengers
No interstate highways
No riding from one-half hour after sunset to one-half hour before sunrise

I took mine a long time ago, but you didn't need the MSF course for the license at that time. I did get a good insurance break for taking it, but I also wanted to go because it was a really good course and having a dedicated area to get skilled in a bike is really drat good.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

In truckfuckling-adjacent news, this week one of our Ohio drivers saw one of our trailers being pulled by a random owner-operator and called it in- turns out that last week it was stolen from Amazon in Baltimore (Happy Prime day!!!)- he called it in to us and I let the owner of the company know. He instructed the driver to try to safely keep up with him and call the police.

The OO wasn't governed and was going about 80 so our driver lost him, but state PD caught up with him, checked his paperwork, and let him go because Officer Jimbob from Bumblefuck, OH couldn't read our name on the trailer.

Upon hearing this my boss starts calling PDs until he gets the barracks that pulled him over and convinced them to give him the shipper's name. He then calls the shipper and, while cranking up the South Jersey Italian accent to 11, proceeds to threaten them until they give him the consignee. He then redirects our nearest driver to bobtail to the location, block the guy in, and hand him his cell phone so he can threaten the owner-operator until he relinquishes our trailer.

Is Bruiser/cutejen your boss?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I don't know who that is but I tend to hear a lot of "fuhgettaboutits", "yous guys", and "fangools" on conference calls

Old poster that used to do carrier logi and perma'd themself twice

Your dude sounds like fun

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

DrBouvenstein posted:

But can't the drivers just go inside too?

Or are the buildings these mayors going into not fit for the peons of the world like drivers and security personnel?

You already know the answer

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I do so love when the thread swings to semi-improvised war vehicles:allears:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Your theory makes sense if it is used for indirect fire, which I think it must be because how the gently caress would you use that thing for direct fire?

My friend, just wish it

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

chitoryu12 posted:

A lot of the improvised weapons and fighting vehicles in the Middle East are seemingly of the "because why not?" variety. They don't actually have any real drive to make an accurate weapon of war as much as they have a bunch of guns and vehicle parts that kinda work and would be better put on a truck than leaving sitting in a pile. Whoever's shooting it may very well have no more training with it than some basic practice with one or two rounds because they don't have a ton of ammo.

Same reason you'll see a rebel get a machine gun and use it by just walking out into the street dumping it from the hip. They have nowhere near enough experience or training to know that they're uselessly dumping ammo. They just know "I have a machine gun and imma shoot it!"

Enfilade, defilade, the beaten area, and interlocking fire aren't concepts they're familiar with so you get a dude dumping a whole belt of ammo on one trigger pull for no actual observed effect.

It's a fun ride until "poo poo I'm empty AND have to run with this thing back to cover with no covering fire and it's heavy and gently caress"

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

BOSS: that truck is breaking!
me: (shrugs) union rules
foreman, on speakerphone: conquering the worm

Don't shore your ditches
Overload your winches
You slam all that natty light
TRUCKFUCKLER

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Cojawfee posted:

Dead I am the dregs
Ignoring the regs
Tender is the mensch
Dying as you trench

Jack knife that Swift truck
Not safe but saved a buck
Employee maybe dead
But we're not in the red

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

starkebn posted:

gonna leave a dent in your insurance

https://i.imgur.com/Kgp151Z.mp4

Is fine, there's an auto zone across the street. They can borrow some tools!

This video never gets old

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

sweet geek swag posted:

Lol if you aren't using 16 inch artillery to fight a bear.

Personally, I only hike with a phalanx ciws on my back.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Cyka blyat

OSHA related:

I remembered some poo poo from old job. The company expected floor personnel to move tugger carts by hand. They were never intended for this, and almost all were broken in a way that made you exert even more force than was safe. Not that the non-broken ones were any better. We brought it up multiple times to hr/safety and it never went anywhere. The doctors and nurses that would visit the plant would bring it up to them as well, and tell us to keep reporting it. Osha would show up, and magically nothing would happen. (the magic being money changing hands or some other clout bullshit)

I'm happy to not be there anymore and never have to go back, but I have friends there still and they say nothing has changed for the positive.

This is a global company that has the means to fix things, but never will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

This, forever