Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I almost hit 40 in hard tonight. Then joy to key decided my block button shouldn't be counted as an input and i took a nice vtrigger combo of death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

The Timely Howard posted:

if there are any other claw players who hate chun-li out there:
gently caress chun

Chun li bot likes to crush and twist my testicles between her thighs while laughing at my pitiful hard runs in survivor. That bitch is a murder machine that doesn't know death or fear.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Help Im Alive posted:

I have goggles cammy and I'm very happy about it

knowing capcom cammy chun-li, and ryu's costumes or any others that are out there will be available for purchase - in march.*

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

hiddenriverninja posted:

why do I keep on trying survivor hard when I know I will end up just paying for these colors

because you want deep down to be better than capcom, to be better than their machines.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Vega's storymode costume is ugly as gently caress so dodged a bullet there.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

A.o.D. posted:

If they ever release the classic costume in the Hyper Fighting colors my wallet will be a victim.

Classic? Is that the shirtless one?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Vanrushal posted:

Didn't work for me. :\ It actually tanked my fps to ~20, no matter what my settings were. Thanks for the suggestion tho.

your processor is poo poo. Its an i3.
although its most likely just ram.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Question is my computer good enough to play this. Because it runs like poo poo for me.

i5-4200 @ 2.50GHz
gtx 760m
8GB ram

I have an i5-3750
GTX 660 ti
and 16 gigs of ram works perfect.

Looks like it may be a ram issue. The game is a ram hog.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 23, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
:rip:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Jmcrofts posted:

Did another tutorial - this one's kind of for the newer players but hopefully some of you guys get something out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO-NZ09Ve-Q

can you talk about what vtrigger countering is or wahtever? The half a vtrig thing? I have no idea how to do that. ALso wakeups IS there a long wakeup? I think theres a quick wakeup but I cant figure out what button makes me hop up fast.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

can I block that with my face? :3:

E:
Pitiful Update On Hard Survivor Vega
Got to 41 almost beat the ryu but he went super sayan at the end and i lost the stun bar I had built up on him :smith:

Soon I'll have those colors.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Feb 24, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Agoat posted:

Should I replace the entire op with g mikas butt

as nice as that would be I think its good as is. We do need to start putting links to helpful tutorials for people like me though in the OP.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Agoat posted:

I'm working on a big effort post. What are you having trouble with?

Also I'm always on Discord so anyone can DM there if they need help. I'll do training sessions or whatever, I just want to see us grow.

Sounds good, Like I know what v-trigger is but people talk about cancel and stealing v-trigger curious about that.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Help Im Alive posted:

I watched Momochi beat survival on hard and he was only able to do it because he had the fight request thing on so he could bail out if he was about to lose (and even then he almost lost a ton of times in the 40s) It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't like giving you low health ups at the worst possible times

Made it to 45 tonight with vega. Goddamn R mika did a number on me. If I could have gotten out of the corner (vegas ultimate weakness) I think I coulda beat it.

I'm so deflated though tonight. I'm getting back to 40-41 easily but Karin suddenly goes full bullshit mode at 40 and usually leaves you with barely any HP for RYu who is just no fun to fight with no health.

Tomorrow I'll do it. I'm confident I can do it tomorrow.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Jmcrofts posted:

Good suggestion, I'll talk about v reversal in an upcoming video.

If you still need help understanding the different types of wakeups, I cover it a little in this video

https://youtu.be/0YZ13vFgbwc

Thanks for your videos I subscribed and will be watching them probably tomorrow its 4AM right now though and I'm exhausted from my routine defeat in survival mode.

E:
For the OP

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Feb 25, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I cant take it I literally cant I made it to 48 in hard mode.

:negative:

Why doesnt vega have any cheese moves like ken?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcLyvS1OBTM

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I cant wait to see SNake Eyez and Roadblock in STreet Fighter V

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I flubbed up on this run but I'm really getting sick of the first 30 stages capcom.

I perfect 1-10 with my eyes closed now.

I would have been perfect up to 15 but ryu's fireball does some non regen grey chip

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

teagone posted:

Cannes Winter Clash is this weekend. It's the first SFV tourney and ranking event of the 2016 Capcom Pro Tour.

Notable players competing
Ryan Hart, Gootecks, Kindevu, YP|Valmaster, Kayane, RB|Luffy

Schedule
http://cwc.gameline.fr/en/planning/

Brackets
http://gameslines.challonge.com/CWC2016SF5Solo

Streams
Probably http://twitch.tv/capcomfighters

Little disappointed its this early because we'll have some random probably win as no ones figured everything out yet, but hey at least it could be a new face! I just don't know if they're going to get murdered at CPT or not.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

teagone posted:

CWC is only a ranking event, not a premier one, so whoever wins doesn't automatically get a spot in the Capcom Cup, if that's what you meant. They just get a sizable chunk of CPT points.

OH cool yes that's what I meant.

:siren: DAILY RANT ABOUT HOW SURVIVAL MODE IS A PAIN IN THE rear end FOR VEGA :siren:

Laura I thought we were friends... When did you suddenly get combos and put me in the corner to grapple me down?
I really wish I could skip the first 35 stages.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I reserved a room for Combo Breaker just need to find a few sucker friends in real life to join me and split the bill!

Looking forward to playing SFV at it.

Also enabling fight acceptance during survival mode was the smartest thing I ever did. I can now reset any fight that goes badly by accepting an actual fight!.

Assuming i get one during the match... :smith: Still working on that part.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I played some actual games today and I'm 2 -1 in ranked and like 3 - 3 in casual. I've come to the conclusion i really suck lol.

I think playing survival so much is making me worse just because it teaches bad habits like using HK a lot.

Also Ryu fireballs are a pain in the rear end. I thought my vtrig let me juke them and build meter but it seems only if you hit them with the full claw it counts.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
i'M GOING TO LET YOU GUYS IN ON A SECRET whoops capslocks.

Every character seems to haveo ne move they can do over and over to cheese out survival mode.

For vega you can do the inazuma drop on everyone even laura. Although it takes absolute perfection and I still havent beaten it doing it with him. The rest of his moves dont work :(

For Ken its the easiest to spam shoryuken literally DP over and over and over and over and you cannot fail. YOu can beat hell mode doing it.

IDK if the same is for Ryu on that.

I'd wager that for bison its just spinning kick over and over.

FOr some reason if you want colors.

But yeah vega is hosed because he has no corner wakeup tech.

Yardbomb posted:

I can't do Karin in japanese either honestly, she just loses so much of the pompous

I can't do cammy or zangief in Japanese cause they dont sound english / russian enough. Birdie sounds really phoned in in english so its just so much easier to go with japanese where he sounds like a pig kind of.

Illinois Smith posted:

This is the first Street Fighter I really got into since the mid-90s (I think I briefly had 4 but traded it back), I really missed this in my life. Is Rashid a new character or something? I always gravitate towards fast, flippy guys like him but in this game most of the casual players seem to have no clue how to defend against him.

Yup hes new to SFV!

Japanese vega sounds so superior and sadistic compared to English vega. Also FANG in japanese says "Vega sama!" which amkes me go yes Im vega sama! whenever i beat him evne though he means tyrant :(

Also Tyrant is Wakamoto in Japanese you cant go wrong there.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Feb 27, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Soft Shell Crab posted:

I give a poo poo.

MrJacobs posted:

People who give a poo poo about colors might care a little..... might

You can also make fight money doing it the cheese way which saves you from paying for things.

Electromax posted:

English voices for all

I can only unlock the easy color for zangief, survival just takes too drat long and I've lost on match 29 twice. Hope I'm not missing anything amazing, purple pants seems pretty good anyway.

literally barely notice the color change on his default you're in the clear

Its nothing like skin change just like his thong and bracer.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Zand posted:

did they patch the pc version to work with the official branded controllers yet

Negatory :(

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

wasn't enough of a point loss if you ask me. Shoulda been at least 1k for taking somene 7k above you.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I really hope we get Juri before May I quite want to try and learn her before combo breaker

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

InnercityGriot posted:

Apparently on Ayano's blog he says new character this week, and a steam mod says the patch is being tested right now.

I hope. Maybe we'll get Juri before April!

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Help Im Alive posted:

I think they said one character per month but I might be making that up

Also there's not really anything to base this on but you could maybe assume the characters are coming in the order in this picture

That'd really be the sour grapes for me then :(

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Its really easy to do normal and easy survival modes so im unlocking everyones generic colors.

Sadly you don't get any fight money for going through for alternate costumes or anything at all sides colors :saddowns:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Vega will never win a Major. Hes terrible.

E:
gently caress me disconnected from the server on hard survival 49.

E2:
TO further elaborate why I think Vega is bad:

1. He has no wakeup game. If you can get him into a corner or knock him down he literally has two choices. Block or pray a light standing kick connects.

There are no safe ex moves for him as far as I am aware. Any pro gamer or any skilled player will be able to apply pressure to a vega and if hes in the corner its game over.

2. His v trigger isn't great.

The v reverseal sends you backwards in a flip Either short or long as far as I am aware there is no escape with this. If you're in a corner you go nowhere, or it just puts you in that corner. Please correct me if I'm wrong but the v reversal has no means of retaliation with it.

The v trigger itself doesnt go through projectiles and can be easily blocked you have to hope to poke into it then ultra which isn't bad but other players can do better with theirs. I think he has one of the weakest vtriggers in the game.

Granted I'm new and I don't know a lot but playing him a lot this is the impressions I have of Vega.

Great poke, great footsy, but terrible defense when you're knocked down / into a corner. One mistake and you're hosed.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Mar 6, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Golem II posted:

Should I stop playing cause I can't even beat normal in survival?

No, survival / bots in general are bad and not how people actually play. You should just do a heavy jump kick in and a low jump kick follow up for every fight in easy and normal. Rinse and repeat.

E:

YOu can get to 50 on hard easy with Vega by just doing his DP + grab over and over and over again. It works on everyone, sometimes you get knocked down but don't stop doing it, the second you get into a ground game with the AI is the second you lose. Just keep inazuma dropping the fuckers. It takes a lot more skill than the DP strat tho.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Mar 6, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Reznor posted:

I can't zangierf hard enough. How does snakeyes pull a spd anytime a block happens?

I just learned how to 720 so maybe what I'm doing can help?

Apparently it only needs to know the left right down in the movement so you can do L, R, D, U, L, R, D + p to do a 720
or L, R , D, U + p for 320 i always thoguht you had to do a full 360 but nope!

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

RanKizama posted:

Can I do that with Cammy's cannon spike?

People clai myou can do it with any DP but not sure.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Help Im Alive posted:

Do these people realise the costumes will be available for $4 later this month

probably. They're hoping others don't

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

metricchip posted:

I feel like I've passed a milestone.

I'm still losing a lot but now I'm starting to understand WHY I'm losing. And I believe with that begins the road to recovery.

does it have to do with pushing too many buttons? That seems to be my #1 reason.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Reznor posted:

She is Brazilian. She bought them with her fight money, probably her butt to. It is probably the same doctor that did Jorge Kahwagi.

Probably the same doctor Shake used

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZh4MREaFww&t=17s

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

NofrikinfuN posted:

I recently picked up a Hori Fight Pad Commander 4 in preparation to play SFV. I've tested it out a bit on USFIV, but I'm having significant trouble getting a fireball motion to work when I'm facing right. It seems like a dragon punch is actually easier, it always misses the diagonal input on a simple fireball. I can still do them consistently when facing left, though. Is there a significant "break-in" period on the directional pad?

I saw there was a sensitivity knob on the back, I tried pushing it all the way to S, but it still has trouble picking up the down/right diagonal.

I wouldnt even bother trying to compare sf4 to sfv in terms of ease of button input. If you can try it on SFV thats the only real way to know for sure. For example I can do advanced combos on a 360 controller with the stick in SFV.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Lemon-Lime posted:

So basically, never ever let go of downback? :v:

Welcome to charge characters.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

A.o.D. posted:

I just lost on stage 49. FML.

yeah lost a few times on 50 myself its fun :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
So it turns out that hideous guy fixing the car was Alex.