Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The devil went down to Metropolis he was looking for a soul to steal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

net cafe scandal posted:

Just remembered Baron Zemo is in this movie.. and the Raft.. I bet theyre going to do a Thunderbolts movie

Didn't that guy die in the last one?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

OldTennisCourt posted:

I feel like the only person who honestly liked The Dark World a lot. It's better than Thor 1 in my opinion and I might have actually like it better than Iron Man 3.

I went and saw Thor 2 with some friends and really liked it. It made me go back and watch Thor 1 since I hadn't yet; it was pretty alright too.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Not even Watchmen can get away from vehicular homicide. :(

Cool gifs though. I like the bottom one more.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Mar 11, 2016

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sir Kodiak posted:

I figured this would be the response, but then the music and the rest of the presentation should change to reflect that, rather than continue identically as before.

Doesn't the music stop?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MonsieurChoc posted:

Captain America 3: Blood Dragon looking good.

I hope Captain America calls someone a dickshitter.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Away all Goats posted:

When Superman fights doomsday I hope he yells 'THIS ENDS NOW' before punching him.

I hope the song Doomsday plays and he punches him right at the drop.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

Because the idea of Superman pretending to kill people, horrifying the entire world just to pull a "nope, totally was joking just to prove a point on how I DON'T kill like these tools" is disturbing on a level that killing Zod to save a family is not.

If these are the two out of context pages about laser lobotomies that I've seen floating about I thought the point was "dark edgy heroes suck and are lovely and unfun" not "killing is bad".

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

wyoming posted:

Sorry you've replaced feelings with crass consumerism.

He said, in the comic book movie megathread.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

soapgish posted:

I did see it, with the animation that makes bad claymation look smooth and nice, toy cameos being wrongly called cast of characters because Batman is Batman is Batman and you know Batman, and the no laughs.

Plenty of stupid in me but I am lacking whatever makes bad children's media good.

What are your thoughts on Wonder Woman (tm), Flash (tm), and Aquaman (tm) appearing in DC(c)'s Batman (tm) v Superman (tm): Dawn of Justice (tm)?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

soapgish posted:

Not good if their mere appearance and our previous knowledge of them is all we're given to work with, but it actually seems like they may be the new Amber, Rocket, and Blondie to our Sweet Pea vs Baby Doll, which is to say far more artistic than given credit for.

I have no idea what that means but for the first part fair enough then.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Guy A. Person posted:

I was kinda bummed by all the naysaying but someone in (I think the BvS thread) posted a review that called the movie "operatic" and that got me excited again. Seeing it Saturday.

I am too, but I'm not expecting much at this point. I liked MoS though so who knows!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wolverine's Vaguely Racist Anime Adventure was hilarious.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BvS the Flamethrower works well in this context. :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Avengers is really good and fun, unlike Age of Utron, which was mediocre and eh, and Batman v Superman, which was ok and urgh.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm pretty sure the last movie I saw in 3d was Drive Angry.

e: no wait it was Guardians in Imax 3d.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

By the balls of Balzac

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

You're not meant to get excited, you're meant to have the same reaction Holly Hunter is having.

Mine was mostly disgust that the movie actually did that, but the internet also led me to believe someone was going to drink it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Grendels Dad posted:

Also, children are really bad if you can't get mad. Like, Bruce could bask in the glow of Ithat special I'm A Dad feeling for the first few months but once the kid learned to talk back, hoo boy. Either it'll be Hulk City for the next 20 years or he will raise a total poo poo.

SON GOT BAD GRADES? HULK SMASH PUNY DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Burkion posted:

I really wish War of the Worlds was better than it was

There is so much good in it, but its over powered by all of the Not Good it accumulates

Same but Battle: LA.

And Cowboys and Aliens since that came out around that time. Until the stupid alien poo poo I thought it was a pretty ok western.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

gotta go fast

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

oddium posted:

rom starts off kind of weak compared to his brother but eventually i think he falls into his own. the self-replicating minefield to stop the Dominion was cool

That chalice dungeon fight with Rom is a real rear end in a top hat.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Barry Convex posted:

THR has the scoop: WB is launching a dedicated DC Films division with Geoff Johns and current WB exec Jon Berg in charge. No prizes for guessing what prompted this.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/batman-v-superman-fallout-warner-895174

I hope that whatever WB does it leads to better movies than BvS. It killed off any interest in the Justice League movies for me to be honest.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I forgot how good MGS2 was.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MacheteZombie posted:

Are those lips on the front of shoe on the right?

The gold chain shoelaces are dope.

I like the pimp cane.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MacheteZombie posted:

My credit score's biggest down grade, based on my credit report, is not having enough credit cards. It counts store credit cards too, which gives me 3 cards total. The report recommended I kick it up 7.

I only have one so I guess I'm just super hosed then.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

AoS borrows some actors and reacts to the stuff that goes on in the MCU. The MCU doesn't really react with the show in any meaningful way.

The actress is complaining that the DC TV shows are explicitly barred from using characters or mentioning events from the DC movies. Plus the shows are actively being hamstrung by being forced to kill off or disappear characters who are going to be in the movies.

She's not saying that AoS has a huge impact on the movies, she's saying that the show is allowed to take stuff from the MCU and it doesn't hurt the MCU. So, she wants DC to allow them to do the same instead of making them kill off characters or forbidding them from mentioning Superman or Batman.

Edit: I still can't believe they had a show called "SuperGirl" about Superman's cousin and they had to just keep saying "my cousin" or show a glimpse of a boot, because they weren't allowed to mention Superman or show the full costume or actor.

Also, Superman only communicates via text message. lol

Did the show have a fight scene consisting entirely of reactions from everyone else narrating the whole thing?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Guy A. Person posted:

Man, hell yes!

Nah, she says the government swept in and killed her family after the militia was gone. Her point is more that Superman came and made the situation worse for everyone but made sure his white gf was safe.

Superman doesn't care about black people.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

oddium posted:

this is jared leto's worst tryhard joke to date

Try Hard 2: Try Harder

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My Lovely Horse posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a movie crank out as many different posters and promo shots as Suicide Squad. They must be hoping this becomes the same kind of cultural phenomenon as Burton's Batman or the first Ninja Turtles movie.

You could say they want it to be the hottest topic this summer.

:haw:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

“I have something bigger,” Batman replies, which is like perfect.

Gordon turns away. He knows what’s up.

Batman no not in public

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Shanty posted:

...instead of squandering them by looting tainted pirate treasures. Man, I want to see this movie as well. No one in the Justice League understands why Superman keeps getting weirdly aggressive and intense every time Aquaman mentions a sunken galleon or something. "Sunken pirate treasures are YOUR JOB, Aquaman, this is NOT a good use of my powers," he almost-shouts, before storming out of the room.

The Flash turns on the tv and Pirates of the Caribbean is playing. Superman breaks out in a cold sweat.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

They should write Aquaman as a superfriend.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Equeen posted:

The MCU wouldn't be as successful as it is today if people were actually critical of mediocrity.

On the other hand, BvS's reviews.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

If anything MGS2 is better now than it was then. Way ahead of its time.

I think I still like that one the best to be honest. It was certainly the one I was best at anyway. :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

greatn posted:

MGS2 is prescient as gently caress and I can hardly believe it's a pre 9/11 game.

A few years after it came out Kojima or someone started talking about it in a post-mortem and apparently the original name for Metal Gear Solid 2 was Metal Gear Solid III.

Also it made absolutely no sense to me as an idiot child but when I saw the cutscenes and stuff again a few months ago it all clicked in place.

quote:

But I digress to something more constructive: What if Batman v Superman wasn't in color?!

Fury Road works better but that's still pretty good.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 6, 2016

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Supermechagodzilla posted:

I'm beginning to think that Batman fans don't actually like my Batman.
:v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MacheteZombie posted:

. His line to Martha is make her feel more at ease, he knows he is not Supes best bro or anything.

I like the idea that Superman called his mom to bitch about this crazy weirdo he's dealing with.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

computer parts posted:

No, like 90% of the time it's "I went into the movie expecting X. When X didn't happen, I couldn't accept why it didn't happen, so I called it bad".

Like there's no internal contradiction to this iteration of Batman (an older, jaded dude who is clearly suffering from PTSD) killing dudes who get in his way. It's just straight up "(my) Batman just doesn't do that!"

This Batman isn't My Batman because My Batman has a difficult time getting explosives away from him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

Iron Man 2 was 2010, clock's ticking.

I want to see North Korea's Iron Man suit in Iron Man 4 or whatever. Call it Iron Dong after their missiles. :haw:

• Locked thread