Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Wasn't joker as a disenfranchised veteran kind of quietly his backstory in TDK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Yeah, someone mentioned it to me offhand and I thought it made a bit of sense, but could go either way.

Whatever the case, I think the "anti-batman" origin is the closest to the true one.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Yeah, this story was a sequel to Man of Steel that shows how Superman changes Batman. It also explores a Batman who's grown old, there is a lot going on in that movie.

To be honest, between Beevis, CW and Deadpool we are seeing comic movies ask questions about themselves and that's cool.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Let's break that down a little. What would be "meaningful"? Like, one character showing up in another character's movie,

Yes, probably this.
People like the characters, they like seeing them again.

Right or wrong, this is usually what people mean.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Not to derail current discussion because this is great and I enjoy reading it, but:

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

This is a dumb non-sequitor.

Being about America is one of the basic functions of Captain America's character. It's like how Batman is a vigilante, or Superman is an alien saviour.

If you don't think a movie about the fallout of an American based special operatives unit of questionable ethical origins (2 human genetic experiments, 1 burned spy and an experimental test pilot with a stolen prototype.) operating in a third world country to take out a threat they created themselves to fight what they considered at the time to be a bigger threat is about America....

I don't know what to tell you man.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Jutsuka posted:

'Guardians of the Galaxy' is in fact far more like a subpar episode of Farscape than any other Space Opera property.

It's Farscape with a lovely villain.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Spacebump posted:

It's going to be interesting to see how they deal with Magneto being a Holocaust survivor. Do they keep him super old or have him get de-aged somewhere along the way? (Or decide in the MCU his powers slow down his aging.)

Which way lets them keep Fassbender?

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

NTRabbit posted:

Siddig El Fadil is Sudanese

I never considered this casting before but I'm a huge fan of it now.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

hamsystem posted:

All the mutants were trapped in the ice like Cap. Bam, retcon problem solved. Now can we start fantasy casting wrestlers?

TBH if Ricochet is cast as a Super-Hero, I'd be pretty happy.
If Pentagon Jr. got cast as a supervillain I'd lose my drat MIND

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

hiddenriverninja posted:

get ready for white akira

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

All the talk about anime/manga adaptations made me realise that I'd never actually seen Dragonball: Evolution so I tracked down a copy and .... oh drat, that was hard viewing. It took me quite a while to finish it, I kept stopping the film and going off and doing other things and very nearly gave up on it. The scene at the start where he refuses to fight the bullies and defeats them by dodging their blows was probably the only scene in the entire film worth a drat but even then it heavily cribbed off a really similar scene in the first Raimi Spider-Man film.

I always felt it was from Karate Kid 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KF4iJzBVWM

I had such high hopes for the DB movie until they called it "Evolution" ugh.

Original DB needs a lot of updating, but the acting, design, storyboarding and overall execution were so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

BiggerBoat posted:

Who's a b lister for DC with breakthrough potential? I still say Plastic Man.

• Locked thread