Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

All honest Americans would. Spiderman needs a two parent household.

Oh, goddamn. :golfclap: :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

I said come in! posted:

In the movie universe, is Captain America feared though? Kinda interested in seeing which superheroes the public is scared of. Bruce Banner/the Hulk is a given, but who else does everyone mistrust?

If you believe the Daily Bugle, Spider-Man is a menace!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

computer parts posted:

And then at the end of the season he buddies up with a girl who kills dudes all the time right in front of him.

Maybe he goes by the rationale "If I didn't see it, it didn't happen."

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shageletic posted:

The Shadow. American Splendour. Ghostworld. We Are The Best.

Those are just off the top of my head.

EDIT: And Josie and The Pussycats is great, silly stuff.

I'd throw in 30 Days of Night as well.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Really? That's the first good thing I've heard about that movie.

Admittedly, it's not great, but I like premise. And I like the main vampire dude.

I also haven't seen it since the theaters. No idea how it holds up.

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 26, 2016

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Can we get back to where somebody thinks 30 Days of Night is a good film?

Because that's the funniest thing I've read in weeks.

I SAID I hadn't seen it since the theater!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

I don't even understand why they felt it was necessary to make it so that Howard didn't dick over Vanko's dad. I've watched Agent Carter, Howard Stark is a dick. A charming dick, but a dick nonetheless. It'd totally be in his character to do that, and I'm sure they could even find a flippant justification like "Sure, he invented it. But it was safer in the hands of the good ol' US of A!" to solve it.

I'm sad that they replaced Dominic Cooper with John Slattery. Nothing at all against Slattery, but I loved Cooper as Howard Stark. I thought he fit the role very well.

And it was weird that they had Cooper's picture up as Stark in Winter Soldier, since it came out after Iron Man 2.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

I mean, Slattery and Cooper are playing Howard 20-30 years apart. I don't think ageing-up young, svelte 30 year old Cooper to look in his 50s or 60s would have worked out too well. I think both are great in the role.

Agreed. I just love Cooper's line "The moment you think you know what's going on in a woman's head is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked!"

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

I never got why this became so reviled. Yeah, she looks like she's striking a sexy pose and it comes off unnecessary and a bit awkward, but it's a still image taken mid-movement, you could grab any number of frames from any of the Marvel movies and find awkward looking poses. Is there something more to it?

That's a sexy pose?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Barudak posted:

Affeck was pretty much my ideal Batman and the fact he got scenery emulsifying lines to back up his horror monster vibe was the icing on the cake.

Same. I didn't particularly care for BvS, but I loved everything about Batfleck. I thought he'd be awesome and he was. Psyched for the Batman solo movie.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I was talking specifically about his Batman movies, which are both really good.

Michelle Pfeiffer. :allears:

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Finkle/Einhorn. :allears:

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Grendels Dad posted:

I want to take this moment to say how much I hate people whose last name is also a first name.

Never trust a man with three first names.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

I trust Michael Clarke Duncan.

I've met some guys with the first name Clark, but never a Clarke. I stand by what I said!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Clarke Peters was the best part of the Wire, man

Never seen it, but I'll take your word for it. :)

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Speaking of, I watched XMen Apocalypse for the first time over the weekend. Boy, that sure was a stinker. Should've heeded the thread's advice.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Timby posted:

In this Facebook Live:

The Joker's "Hhhhiiiiiiii" in the hospital room is my favorite, but that one's pretty high up there, yeah.

That one is really good!

I've always been partial to "Shut up. Shut. Up. There ain't no Bat, okay? There aint no Bat!" from the '89 Keaton movie.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

It looks so good :allears:

I liked Man of Steel and didn't care for BvS. I'm super excited for this, though!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

I want a Cyberpunk Spider-Man.

Well, we got Punk Spider-Man during SpiderVerse.

Then there was that time he teamed up with Deathlok and had a bionic arm and pouches. So...sorta.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Saw this today, seemed relevant.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Equeen posted:

not quite CBM related, but Adam West is dead :smith:

That's what I was going to post.

Adam West, the actor forever known as TV’s Batman, dies at 88 - The Washington Post
https://apple.news/AFc1g7r71SGigfrqU5m31ig

:(:(

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Have you not seen Monster Squad???

If Monster Squad has taught us anything, it's that Wolfman has nards.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Barudak posted:

Someone got mad at me once years ago for spoilering that in the original King Kong film, King Kong dies at the end.

I was 19 when Titanic and at a restaraunt I overheard some people that were at least in their mid to late 20s, if not older, complaining that a review had ruined the fact that the ship sank.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

I see that Taika Waititi is angling to do the Big Trouble in Little China remake.

We should all be so lucky.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

I think we can all agree that besides Dr. Manhattan, the most superpowered person in Watchmen is Silk Specter. How else she could fight and move so well in in those stiletto heels?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

AndyElusive posted:

I liked how Ant-Man was in basically every scene in that trailer. You've just gotta squint to see him.

Real talk though, I don't know what's wrong with me because unlike almost every goon in this thread so far, I loved that trailer. I must be the target audience for this bullshit. Seeing that ensemble cast in a CGI cluster gently caress where no one but a handful of characters will get more than a few minutes of screen time must be entirely my poo poo.

Nah man, it's very much my poo poo as well. I'm hyped for it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Burkion posted:

Well

We just had some excellent news from Alabama

Of course something had to fall to pieces, why not let it be Hollywood

Net Neutrality vote today as well. Take your pick.

• Locked thread