Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

tell that to the regulators and have fun

What regulators? What are they going to do if they catch me crushing peanuts without a mass spectrometer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Big fines, if you're selling skippy with 15% peanut content instead of 95%

You know how much stuff you're adding because you're adding it. As long as you start with at least 95% peanuts then the end product will be at least 95% peanuts regardless of the chemical composition of those peanuts. And if you start with just peanuts and you crush them then what you end up with will be 100% peanut butter every time.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KccWUhip8Lo

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

zedprime posted:

Agreed. Eat it like an ice cream cone where you use the bun to hold up the sausage to your face to eat the overflowing sausage.
Fold the sausage in half and for god's sake put some tomato sauce on it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

WITCHCRAFT posted:

i have never salted or seen a salted salad in my life. you just top it with a small serving of intensely salty things that pair well with the leafs/veg/fruit part???
Most salad dressings have salt in them.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

FTFY.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

rodbeard posted:

That person clearly meant to make sloppy joes and is too embarrassed to admit they forgot to buy buns.
My mother used to make meals like that pretty regularly (although usually with mashed potatoes instead of roasted, and a couple more vegetables). The meat in gravy is essentially just a pie without the pastry. It's fine.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

This honestly made me a little disappointed in the guy. He keeps repeating how much he doesn't want to do it and even calls out the food waste and then... does it anyway because audience engagement numbers trump all I guess. I figured he of all people would have had the clout to say "I'm not doing this, it's a waste of food, please stop requesting it."
It's not like that food would otherwise have gone to feed the hungry. Realistically, it makes no difference whether he wastes that food or not because the world is set up in such a way that more food than necessary or desirable is available to some people while less than required is available to others. You can go to your local supermarket, buy a bunch of food and throw it straight in the garbage and you're not depriving anyone of anything because the people who needed it were never going to get that food anyway.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

empty sea posted:

Beef heart is super delicious and cheap for the amount of meat you get after cleaning and portioning it. They are 4-5 pounds unprocessed and I had steak for an entire week from just one. I had grilled chicken hearts at Brazilian restaurant once and they were fantastic. I can't do a lot of chicken livers or gizzards because they are just so rich.
I used to live near a supermarket that sold fully trimmed and ready-to-cook chicken hearts and they were fantastic. Super cheap and delicious. But then they changed owners and you had to cut all the garbage off yourself and I just can't be bothered with that so I haven't eaten them since.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

Yeah it's the latter, actual Turkish pizza is called 'Pide' and looks like this:

"Pide" just means bread, IIRC, same as "pita". I have seen those things at bakeries, but I can't remember what they called them.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

What bothers me most is the amount of wax that ends up being involved. I don't care if it's food grade or whatever, wax is not my favorite taste.

I assume it's just rind, not wax.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/runchrvnda/status/1352725439962353665

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I always thought the point of meals "kids will love" is that you're sneaking nutrition in there. Of course kids will love canned spaghetti with bread and butter. You don't have to trick them into eating that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

Usually? Germs. Lots and lots of them. Uncle Ron probably had his rear end up on that counter during the last Christmas get-together.
Do you not clean your kitchen bench before you prepare food? :chloe: