Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
maybe it'll be one of those new fancy tactile touch screens. still seems like a lot of work for no real reason, buttons are fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Saoshyant posted:

You are getting two rumors mixed. The first "leak" showed a still of an Unreal 4 tech demo (at a very odd angle), while the second "leak" has some trees on the reflection that have been theorized to be the trees on the front of one of Ubisoft's studios. The reflection of two trees. The Internet makes you stupid.

that's really funny thanks

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

pixaal posted:

Does it have slots that can hold other amiibos?

The Ur-Miibo

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

MechaCrash posted:

At this point I just think it's funny that everybody pounced on the coin purse so hard that nobody noticed "two 3DSes." Maybe because it was just assumed that it's an American one and a Japanese one? Which is the case, of course, but still, I thought someone would've asked about that part, at least. Iwata said, and I summarize, "region locking was a mistake because it doesn't actually help the customer," so I'm hoping the NX isn't region locked.

But if you must know, the coin purse is to hold pennies because I want to keep them away from the other coins. If I need some pennies, I don't want to have to rifle through quarters, and vice versa. And I only have four or five other coins, usually, and I can and do spend those. Pennies are a bit harder to get rid of, and there's more of them because I use them as counters in card games. It's not one of those old lady style coin purses with the clasp, it's one of those squeezy deals and it doesn't carry all that much. I have it because one of my uncles gave it to me so I figured eh, gently caress it, why not. I only have three dice, which isn't enough for a bag, and I carry them mostly because gently caress it why not, with a dose of habit on top. They're pretty small d6es, after all, and don't take up much room.

Props for not having low self esteem about your mental illness

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

zolthorg posted:

The Nintendo New Wii

N Nu Wii

Yes the mindless consumption of consumer electronics does evoke that name... I think you've got it

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

greatn posted:

Oh wow that was actually you.

Zootopia was a billion dollar movie, by the way.

I'm just laughing at your business acumen of completely diluting all value of their ip and hardware in exchange for "tens of millions" from iTunes.

I agree with both of you in a way. Sun/Moon obviously isn't going to go on an iphone but they could sell red/blue for 29.99 on the apple store and make probably more than they did on the initial release of the games. This doesn't dilute the value of their IP, if anything it gets people who aren't tuned into the games industry asking 'hey I wonder if there's a new pokemon I can try'

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

greatn posted:

No one would buy Pokemon Red and blue for $30 on iPhone. No one would buy ANYTHING for $30 on iPhone.

My bad I was thinking CDN. So 24.99. The final fantasy games are 22.99 here, Pokemon has way more IP recognition, mainstream appeal, and the games are newer. They would make bazillions. I stand by that number firmly.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I heard the tablet will fit into a proprietary headset that has outward positional sensing allowing for true cordless vr

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
But if the nx is an HD console they wouldn't just be able to transfer the content production 1:1 from the 3ds to it.

People are all excited at the prospect of 3DS+ Wii U game volume when really it will be Wii U game volume plus a game or two extra and lots of smartphone development, and you don't get 3ds games anymore.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

acksplode posted:

Ubisoft said a lot of the same stuff about the Wii and then crapped out Red Steel.

but the wii was good and raving rabbids was pretty fun

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Reiley posted:

Can you play anything with precision in VR? Like the Sega Activator before it, VR is a fad for false gamers to feel like their games have gotten better without challenging them any further. 'Nuff said.

Um ya vive has one to one tracking. You can be like a cyborg ninja and katana dudes then force push them away it's sweet

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I sense some severe Sega bias here... Was this article written by Sega's President???

No the future eic of GamePro lol

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
piranha plant boyz in tha hood

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Buca di Bepis posted:

Living well isn't hard if you're not dumb

resident of des moines iowa spotted

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Mariovania lookin good get hype

E or Mario Souls take your pick

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
nintendo's witch

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
also mario switch is gonna be an open world with no hub and rpg elements

take it to the bank

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
toadstool means toad poop lol

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Electromax posted:

Yours truly, Princess Toadstool

"Peach"

"Peach!"

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
"He declined to give more specific forecasts for the Switch beyond the one disclosed this week, which is that Nintendo will sell 2 million units in its first month after it goes on sale in March. The company sold 5.84 million Wii machines in its first fiscal year. The device that followed it, the Wii U, was less successful, with 3.45 million units shipped."

So $199 is confirmed otherwise this dude is huffing natural gas

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

greatn posted:

There's no chance they don't ship through the initial 2 million in a month. There's plenty of hardcore supporters for that.

He's saying that the switch is going to sell more than 1/3 as much as the Wii did in its first year, in the first month. In March. and the Wii came out in the holiday and was in insane demand for more than a year.

199 is the only way that could happen imo. even then it's a stretch.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
What was the rationale for so many different versions back in the day? Like were the snes and Genesis so different it would have been the same amount of work to port Jurassic park or Aladdin as it was to make a completely separate game

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I mean don't get me wrong, I will absolutely buy Mario Run, but I don't know that the mobile market will respond the same way

check out the release notification numbers. also it's a free app demo with in-app purchase of the full game. it's gonna be huge.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Arcland posted:

For some reason Game Freak has been rather against Snap. If I remember correctly, they said such a thing wouldn't be successful in todays landscape when people asked for it to come on the wii u.

maybe because it was a garbage hour and a half long game that sold copies entirely on the premise of seeing your favourite pokemanz in 3d

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Reiley posted:

Just a fact for you from the archives here at HQ, but Panasonic made a front-loading Gamecube that could play DVDs. You're free to look it up yourself. They're metallic chrome.

it was called the q!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

Also release Super Mario Strikers 2

It's NBA Jam, but with football.

That already exists and it's called blitz.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Cojawfee posted:

It was needed for the DS because it was a lovely plastic screen that scratched up easily.

also the console had not one but multiple EBA games

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

TheScott2K posted:

Everyone post your dogs please.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0jB5pfR16A

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I am gonna get to work early then tell my boss im going to order the switch brb

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
so right now ive convinced myself that reggie knows the value of internet hype, and he remembers that one gamecube e3 with metroid and mario and zelda, and he personally convinced the rest of nintendo that the best course of action was to make games for the switch for like two and a half years and we're about to get hit with the biggest blow your mind poo poo in gaming history

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
i mean come on this strategy has been specifically made to build hype, they know this is gonna be huge or it'll be a huge backlash. its gonna be huge.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

im the man in the surgical mask

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
my dad works at nintendo and he says we metroid get ready

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
this is like the music at a strip club in mass effect

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
cool lasers maaaan

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. VooDoo posted:

There last ten minutes are dragging

someone in the world is probably gonna have a heart attack waiting the ten minutes for it to launch. gl goons.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
wow nice transition bro

noooooot

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
i like this track

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus