Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I'm excited for the adventures of my favourite jojo who's male and never rides a horse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Imagine if Platinum got Jojo.

OK... I'm imagining it... oh its good

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training posted:

6 = 7 > 4 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 5, btw. For those curious. I'm not done with SBR yet though so it may end up edging out Stone Ocean.

1 above 5... were you reading the bad translation of 5? the one where it's comic sans for like half the pages and they hosed up all the characters?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Shining Diamond

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Baal posted:

I just saw the episode

did u like it

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Crazy Diamond is pretty great, yeah.

Looking at the ASB name changes makes me sad.

The ASB name changes for part 5 peeve me off a huge amount, especially Six Bullets

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

I tried this once before when it first started airing and watched up to episode five or so. Or whatever episode had the preview where a man flew in on a skateboard and started teaching magic. I couldn't decide if the design was terrible or amazing though Dio Brando was a very beautiful child. A lot of goons have cool looking avatars so I have decided to try it again. This is my JJBA story, namasté.

Good luck goon

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

Dio Brando Is A Very Bad Person
How dare you

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Smack My Bitch Up

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Baal PM'd me to tell you all that he thinks that the OP and ED are okay but the episode sucked.
He lost the April Fools thing and can't post, I think.

That's all.
If you want to know why he thinks it sucked, consider PM'img him.

PM'ing him pictures of poops

I'll kick his rear end

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

CJ posted:

Best way to watch Stardust Crusaders the anime is to watch the intro, polnaroff introduction, J Geil, Iggy introduction then skip to D'arby and watch to the end. The pacing is so slow and there's so much filler that you can skip the rest.

DiU in comparison is worth watching all the way through provided they aren't going to pad every encounter out to two episodes because the filler is so weird and most of it ties back into the storyline rather than being instantly forgotten. Except the baby and the alien. That poo poo was just padding.

Unspeakably vile

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
i dont mind it as much that stroheim was a nazi as i do that he killed all those civilians that one time

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Koichi's head gets ripped off by the gate but the arrow gives him the stand ability to survive as just a head like those guys in spirited away

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Depends on how they use hanging as an execution method in Japan. If it's hanging him so that the rope closes off his throat and he suffocates, I would guess that he used Aqua Necklace to keep his airway open while faking suffocation. If it's hanging him so that the rope will snap his neck, then I have no idea.

I assumed he got aqua necklace to stand underneath his feet so he could use it as a little platform. thank you

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

CJ posted:

This isn't true. If it was then Star Platinum would be the most useless Stand because unless someone else with a punch ghost attacked them it would be loving worthless. Dio could just hire a regular guy with a gun and unless Kakyoin saw him and possessed him with Heirophant Green they wouldn't be able to do poo poo.

he said only stands can touch stands, not stands can only touch stands

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/sprsk/status/720811709288419328

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I have a soft spot for All Star Battle even though I've only played the demo... I'd only seen the anime and thought "Wow, what if this game turns out to be really good and I want to play it, I won't get any of the references post part 3" and that's why I stopped being anime only and read all the jojo manga

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Baal posted:

At least ASB did something right

You read the manga

Yeah I mean no need to buy it now. It looks pretty bad

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uNIH5A9bMM

Here's the EDM remix of the OP, but this video has every single JoJo on its image!

Yeah but also there are three posters on this page so far with usernames/avatars of future part Jojos so no need to worry about spoiling jojo faces

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I wasn't aware it was a secret identity

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Do his friends in the band hate Jojo or something. so he had to go incognito

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Other band members (simultaneously): Oda, it's us. The other band members. We just wanted to let you know that we hate Jojo, and all the fun characters and cool fights.
Kazusō Oda: Ha ha yeah uh right on
Other band members (simultaneously): We despise each and every Jojo with all our being Oda. We also hate the recent anime adaptation, the opening animation, and the opening song that was made by a guy whose name is one letter off from yours and his voice sounds exactly like you
Kazusō Oda: I have to go,

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
crunchyroll stand rename ratings
Chilli Pepper: Pretty good, just a shortening of the original name, doesn't try and add any sly winks or gags, I like it
Reverb: It's a synonym... no real other way they could've done this one, it could've been a lot worse

Okuyasu rating 10/10

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

Okuyasu continues the (new) tradition of the main brojo telling the Jojo that his mom is fine. Okuyasu is the best.

They weren't CR. They're the closest thing to an "official" English version we've got, since ASB (and presumably EoH) use them too.

I always put Reverb down to CC2 being overly cautious though. Since "Echoes" is a super normal word, I sorta wonder if CR went with it for consistencies sake if nothing else. Either way it's functional and gets the same idea across without any fuss.

I know crunchyroll didn't invent the names... i'm just saying because some people might be using unofficial translations that use the original stand names and stuff

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Thanks for this. Are they unique to an individual person or do they exist independently and you can control them?

Yes

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Alright, well I'm going to back and watch from the first episode then. Should be good!

Share your thought's and tier list's, please

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
the vines aren't lovely!! they're really good

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I Am Melting Down

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Madmarker posted:

So quick question...been getting pretty into JOJO's, over the past 3 months I've gone through Phantom Blood, Battle Tendency, Stardust Crusaders and now am on Diamond is Unbreakable. Anyway, I am wondering if there is a list somewhere of ALL the music references in JoJo's? I want to make a massive playlist of songs/bands that are in order of chronological order of appearance is Jojos.

There are a few playlists like this on spotify... here's one: https://play.spotify.com/user/1228982515/playlist/4199w3632rwjcUG5C7raOh i guess this is a spoiler if you don't want musical references from parts 4+ spoiled though

Also the jojo wiki has a "List of cultural references" http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_cultural_references_in_JoJo's_Bizarre_Adventure obviously heavier spoilers than the spotify playlist. for all parts

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Gotta say 7 myself, with 4 and 6 close behind... Joseph over Jonathan though. No disrespect to Jonathan meant though... the guy's a hero for christs sake.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
my favorite jojo is the bitter cynical self loathing one who spends all his time saying sarcastic stuff and sitting on his rear end

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Hmm. This might just be me, but I'm getting some Fist of the North Star vibes from this.

From Jonathan? victorian kenshiro? Your insane

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Very sick episode, echoes/reverb looks kick rear end animated

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

Surface -> Show Off

Now this I'm not sure about at all. That's not a synonym OR a reference to the same thing

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Yare yare daze....

I'm not trying to start a fight here, just saying how stoked and hyped I am for more JoJo shenanigans.

Everyone in the JoJo threads is constantly ready to fight at the drop of a hat because they're so riled up from thinking about Star Platinum all the time

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
[Jotaro voice] Hey mommy. It's me, your son Jotaro.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Okuyasu is obviously my favorite-favorite but Kakyoin, Josuke Higashikata, and (do I still have to spoiler this pt 4 name even though he appeared in official stuff already?) Rohan Kishibe are in line pretty closely thereafter, mostly all just in second place I guess.

A lot of my other current favorites are in Pt 8 and I can't even name 'em here.

I've done that super-long Pt 1 - 7 character rank thing before and it was pretty accurate aside from missing out on all the pt 8 characters I like.
http://momonga.zinky.io/other/jojocharasort.html

(obviously, if you're anime-only a majority of that is going to mean nothing to you so, uh, sorry, but just in case manga readers somehow haven't taken that...)

I did that thing in your link, and in an amazing show and friendship, Johnny and Gyro tied for first place. Wonderful. The first anime characters to make it were Dio and Joeseph tied for fifth

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

E: Also, it looks like Dio can hijack the Stand powers of others, as seen with Dio's use of Joseph's Hermit Purple spirit photo powers.

that's just jonathan's stand. jonathan's body's stand i mean

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Hol Horse is the world's nicest guy to women, but works with a serial rapist who brags about killing Pol' sister.

I guess you have to work with what you've got. :shrug:

well he finds a better partner

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

it's so fuckin difficult to find the standard OPs in HD on youtube.

no, I don't want the sound effects. no, I don't want the full extended song without animation.

Here they are all 5 back to back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-Mxz-Ar6ow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

• Locked thread