Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Hazdoc posted:

Post in this topic every day you don't log into Eve Online.

Alternatively, post every day you do log in. War is fun!

GaussianCopula posted:

I'd almost be tempted to resub my accounts, but then I remembered that EvE is a game best read about, not played.

It's pretty decentnot awful to play these days too

Torpor posted:

Why do you have self imposed silence?

His 420 post count, duh

Unfunny Poster posted:

Laz will be the next to defect :ohdear:

If his hanging out on OG mumble was a sign he'd have been gone years ago.

That or he's the best director level spy they ever had :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Eonwe posted:

sorry about the double post

Im glad I dunked on your triple post tho

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Endie posted:

The fleets we had logged-in, both super and sub-cap, were a long way from that zone. I mean, the imperium were never going to jump in supers when outnumbered almost 3:1 in subcaps alone.

I don't know the truth and it will likely remain obscured for some time, but I think it more likely the 300-super blob was a nuclear deterrent to keep us from trying anything sneaky with our own caps, and also to show the Serbian man with the small penis that he was backing the right horse

InternetJunky posted:

Against my better judgement I just re-subbed. I haven't played this game in a while though...when I log in am I going to be drifting in space with a target on me or will I still be docked safely in VFK?

You will still be in vfk, probably, but whether we still own it or not may depend on which day of the week you log in :v:

darth cookie posted:

Mostly it's motivated by a desire to do something for the alliance, but maybe I'm just speaking for myself. Having said that, high performers for various tasks (GSOL, reimbursement, etc) do get PLEX as a thank you for their efforts. That's not exactly advertised though as that really isn't the point of volunteering for those kinds of jobs.

I was TNT's reimbursement director for about 2 years and did it because I was out of work and it made me feel useful. I even got my team paid and never was paid any isk other than what the rest of the guys would get if they processed kill mails. That said, most larger, well funded alliances provide isk or plex to useful people. I just chose to give most of our budget to the people doing the grindy work because I didn't need it.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

i speak truthstroof

xxEightxx posted:

If fleet doctrine isn't neut domis I'm not coming back.

Machariels are pretty pimp

Endie posted:

This one is head-and-shoulders above the rest of the stuff I've seen so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhZMBo-QpYA

That's pretty great

Goatman Sacks posted:

Also, running just enough successful bombing runs to be put in command of a battleship fleet, losing it horribly, and being busted back down to bombers - ad nauseum.

He was all the way up to supers at one point

Ynglaur posted:

This is a very good description, actually.

I prefer whackamole

Xolve posted:

Pretty sure it's just because he has an undying eagerness do to tedious poo poo nobody else wants to do.

You don't fire an executive assistant who makes good coffee, you just don't listen when s/he talks.

I've never heard it called 'making good coffee' but it's otherwise a solid analogy

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

At least someone over there seems to realize that this sort of poo poo is why most people play

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

lucifirius posted:

Well I've never heard of which ones were in TEST or GSF, and definitely none of them have their name attached to a release ala 'fozzie sov'.

The most prominent goon at CCP was CCP Sreegs aka Darius JOHNSON

vyst posted:

Also I hope vily went to rehab while he took a break because addiction to hard drugs is nothing to joke about

Look at where he is sitting in the stream, that ain't no hotel room

Zephyrine posted:

Looked more like boat was just screwing around while Vee felt like the whole war effort was hanging on that debate interview.

I have to give Vee credit for setting some clear goalposts for the war: Take all Imperium space and disband the Imperium alliances.

Vily =/ Vee

hailthefish posted:

Does his dog still bark while he's FCing?

No, it died. His mom or sister has a baby that cries in the background now tho

Dadbuck posted:

He is confusing Vee and Vily.

Vily is the guy on Skype with DBRB. He is the Bomber guy that is holocausting us right now.

Your fake defeatism sounds fake

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

soundwave aka stoffer ninjapirate aka i think lead game designer for awhile

Before my time, I think.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Or better yet: Do any of our doctrines use a hic? I flapped around in a hic for the last siege of vfk and I get all teary eyed and nostalgic.

Hic scripted points are now scrams, they're real good at keeping your fleet from getting teleported by command destroyers. Fly a Hic.

awesomecopter posted:

Hics are pretty much suicide considering the numbers involved. Your lifespan once that bubble goes up is less than a dictor bubble.

Nah, chill on fc / logi anchor, consume command destroyers and / or fast tackle by the dozen.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

This has been a terrible couple of pages.

Dadbuck posted:

I'm trying to spin just a little less than TMC.

Below is more wormtonguing

Even more wormtonguing:

Pro Goon FCs:
Vily: now killing us
Vee: retired

Now we are stuck with poo poo-tier FCs like DBRB.

We still have the 23rd best fc in the imperium, Asher Elias, who had once in a while won a fight or two

Potato Salad posted:

Yes? https://soundcloud.com/user-611751041/imperium-fireside-3-29

Edit: I mean, that pretty clearly sounds like an expectation that a lot of CO2 members will feel like they've been put upon and want to stay in the Imperium. Alternately, and I've been out of the loop for ages, it's standard hurfing / blurfing of "The members of the traitor alliance aren't happy with their leadership" regardless of whether the assertion that there's dissent in CO2 is true of false?

Looks like they lost 10% of their members, that's definitely not insignificant

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yeah I'm going to be that guy that speaks dissent at this moment. But the primary movers in Co2 have always had a culture unto themselves, the two most likely alliances to break that would keep their memberships fairly intact are them and init. The expectation that they'd shatter like most CFC alliances when leadership made the break was simply unrealistic.

This is unlike lawn/sma/bastion etc who's culture can basically summed up by one of those catfish you buy for your fishtank, all they do is suck garbage off the walls all day.

This was true perhaps when you last played a bunch but lawn and bastn have both turned into pretty competent groups over the last year or so.

SMA is... An alliance which currently lives in Fade

crew posted:

Theres a big stink in Elite Dangerous right now about some ex-EVE "griefers"

I guess they stream sniped some guys cancer charity thing

Goons in Star citizen are already on the mods poo poo list and have been for years

Ynglaur posted:

Sion said that Reddit echo chambers don't represent the whole Eve community. The war was as irrelevant as any territorial war in Eve, but was certainly the largest event going on at the time: it was basically the CFC's civil war. The six-figure thing is simple: the author has a good job. This was apparently hard for some people to understand.

This was frankly the one part of the Kickstarter that I didn't really buy. Most people, when pursuing their dream (writing career) and doing something like the fountain book would just suck it up and do it for something less than a full replacement of their office job salary.

Siets posted:

Not gonna lie, I think something like this would be incredibly fun, but that's also because I'm a rich enough player where the loss of SRP wouldn't hit me nearly as hard. The reality of the current moon money meta (as I understand it from my limited perspective at least) is that for goons to enjoy the generous SRP and other perks that we currently provide, we do need to keep hold on what we've got.

Goons living in Thera or Delve would be pretty cool to me though.

Actually if we didn't have as much sov / jump bridges to maintain we could maintain srp with far less central income. Right now a significant chunk of the budget goes to paying sov bills

crew posted:

I find it odd that these guys are doing pretty much nothing but headshots which are essentially glamor shots. Makes me think they dont have the stomach for a grinder.

Now I know whose to blame for the awful proposed fleet names

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah, the prize payout they swapped over to is at least a decent incentive to try and place.

Get 4th place and you get 6 rare ships that go for like 100 billion each.

Even in 8th place TNT made enough to cover the vast majority of its expenses.

Unfunny Poster posted:

VFK went uncontested because we got bubbled to poo poo for ever and spectre fleet sent 600 dudes who had no idea what they were doing

Fyp

Sakako posted:

I probably would if I wasn't a stupid newbee and didn't have the faintest idea how to go about it, I'd probably just die

Get some of your actual friends to hang out a system or two out, go tackle some ratting cruiser with your 'friendly' character and have them jump in. Dabigredboat had been streaming himself doing it on twitch.tv/themittanidotcom if you want to see the magic in action

Rhymenoserous posted:

Ya'll fuckers are lucky that I ran ahead in my sabre or that fleet that jumped into us would probably have gotten away :v:

haha hurray I got on tappits slave pod!

I'm so happy you're back, competent dictors are pretty rare. Even better if you want to run a how to doctor course with the gooniversity

Hobold posted:

drat, I gotta say its awesome to wake up and hear I've been accused of goonfucking. Spent an entire day on fleets, and last one out reshipped to shields, so I had to grab a basi off contract. gently caress me for grabbing one put up by Fweddit's own Casmeron Khurelem. They put Small shield extenders on instead of larges. I didn't see it, was in a hurry and loving tired. So when I relisted after the fleet, someone apparently pitched a hissy fit about it in Saranen local. God drat its good to be a goon I guess. :fuckoff:

J4lp weren't allied until the sotg and that guy had been pinged several times as 'don't buy from him'. It's always been on you to make sure your poo poo is done right. It's also good to hear you weren't actively trying to gently caress anyone over so I'm sure you'll be fine.

ullerrm posted:

God drat, Vee out there murdering entire fleets of MOA. Feels like old times again :)

I was taking my son to hockey practice, so sad.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Yep I chainposted and now I'm double posting dwi

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Dr. Pangloss posted:

From the looks of the room he was in during that interview, he started the war already there.

I just said that :v:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Moatman posted:

Sorry, Kalenn. You couldn't save them from their own stupidity.

You'll have to explain what it is that you're talking about, because I'm lost.

Kalenn Istarion fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Apr 5, 2016

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Moatman posted:

You pinged something to the extent of "don't be dumb off the saranen undock because waffles has been mjding dudes away and killing them". And right afterwards we killed some guys by microjumping them off the undock..
Also a random ANI that got left behind on the 93PI gate after the caracal fleet warped off.

Yeah, that's when I undocked my fleet. I love murdering your CDs when they try to bounce my onyx, or even when they manage to pull it off <3

That ANI guy initially tried to join my fleet with that thing, I can't say I feel bad about him dying.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Foehammer007 posted:

just be happy friends and murder

Today was A Good Day

Kimsemus posted:

I think the anger in the Star Citizen thread has contributed something like $250 in avatar changes for friendposter Eonwe.

If you're not reading the Star Citizen thread you should, it has quickly become one of the greatest gems in recent memory.

I wanted SC to actually be fun and the train wreck makes me sad, also trying to filter the wheat from the chaff in that thread is literally impossible

there's no wheat

Fureil posted:

But my space rocks. What is the use of my Iteron V without my space rocks?

If you can mine you can raise ADMs, join theta and be useful while also lining your pockets

Duzzy Funlop posted:

lol, my nerdpost killed the eve thread for 10 full minutes, the end times are upon us

It took people that long to read it

hey elsa creeper, post the thing for me

Someone else got you but I like this version better

Dadbuck posted:

So, you are a pet, masquerading as a goon.

Nice try

:colbert:

Rhymenoserous posted:

The 10 dollar gate really separates all that is good from all that is evil.

Also this war is the best poo poo ever. I'm sure me being happy with how it's all going is going to upset you though.

I'm having more fun in eve than I've had in a long loving time. Now if we could just give up on all this sov so I could stop feeling like I had to care about it then I'd be all set :v:

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Yeah someone come solve the mystery of "Why are eve players posting in the eve thread?".

:fuckoff: yourself

Touching poop is unsanitary, see the :staredog: thread linked earlier for references

Kalenn Istarion fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Apr 7, 2016

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

kiresays posted:

I mean you lost control of ~5 regions in 10 days, moved to lowsec, are seeing really awful fleet participation and have had almost a dozen titans aborted in CSAAs - they can't smug just a bit?

20% of B-R5 back! Keep working hard little octopus and someday you'll be a real boy!

:downs: :respek: :downs:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

Same.

Also can I bring my Widow? I hope so because you don't really get a choice.

Not that kind of blops noob

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yes.

Join blackops_pub in jabber and look for the mumble blops channels and join foreign legion 1. Now is a good time to learn since we are half new guys and half vets shaking the rust off.

I'm sorry for being a mediocrepoo poo dictor pilot :cripes:

Unfunny Poster posted:

Are you doing pure Black Ops Battleships, or are you also bridging torp bombers in?

All torp bombers all the time man

VideoGames posted:

True frivolous reports will get shamed but also I might hand out sixers too if it happens enough. :getin:

That's the spirit

ullerrm posted:

At some point I may have to pay to make that GIF an actual smiley. I don't know if I'd call it :deadtear: or :fnlnidiot: though.

Xolve is a good poster with regrettable choice in allies.

That's all.

:deadtear:

Rhymenoserous posted:

FYI more than one hordeling has raged out at me and we already have one confirmed "going back to wow"

Horde much like test and unlike PL or waffles is remarkably susceptible to what we do, mainly because they still think in brave newbies terms.

That poor little rupture

Unfunny Poster posted:

I've hung out in her chat and haven't seen the "show us your tits" thing personally but honestly I wouldn't be surprised. Regardless, that stuff is also dumb as gently caress to do. I'm just saying it's dumb and bad to go out of your way to harass someone over their personal life because it has little to do with the actual game being played.

Fair enough. I doubt she intentionally did it to get subscriptions but that's a difference of opinion. Laz mentioned his grandmom or whatever being ill on stream, so mocking him over it would be just as bad imo. I just dislike the whole "let's use personal things about this person over this game" stuff that happens from time to time. I'd much rather mock Laz for his fits than his personal life.

In the SC thread Lowtax had to come in and stop people from talking about one of the CIG staffers personal life that had nothing to do with the game or it's development. It was bad and was rightly told to stop being done, so that's sort of the mindset I'm coming from. Regardless thanks for the civil response Vyst.

No, if they're held down by ewar they don't get booshed including the CD. That's why in the vid I posted I was asked if I was scrammed. If I was the MJFD would've thrown the other guys forward but not me.

I think. I haven't really ever had that happen to me yet.

If you don't actually know then stop making poo poo up

If you scram a CD it stops the MJD field from firing and thus nobody gets boosted.

Goatman Sacks posted:

Karmafleet aren't people

They also aren't a majority of the alliance. They're <20%

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

We all learn somewhere, keep at it.

I was modestly less poo poo tonight, I think

Dalael posted:

FA did well during the original grinding of Fountain in 2010 or 2011 I think. Performed well when grinding down fade. Had good numbers for MittaniGrad and did their fair share when re-taking fountain from TEST. After that, it went downhill hard.

Are you thinking of coming back Legionnaire?

You mean L3G10NN41R3

I tried at one point or other to see if he was unblacklistable since nobody could remember why he was blacklisted in the first place and didn't get anywhere

cravius posted:

I read it and thought, that it was a good post

:same:

:sigh:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

dragonstalking posted:

Provi successfully defended against the CFC incursion, it's definitely doable.

No they didn't, we just got bored even faster than you did.

Unfunny Poster posted:

What did the Hordelings ever do to you? :(

Oh really now

Unfunny Poster posted:

It was a cool place for cool people till the Goonies kicked Horde out :smith:

Joking aside, CR was fun for a while but compared to what they couldn't do there with what they can do down in Querious it was inevitable Horde would leave at some point.

Let's not rewrite history now, friend. It wasn't viable for horde to live there because we took all their sov and moons and kicked them out. Regardless of the current situation you didn't 'leave', you 'were evicted'.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

I think you took jokey posts about poo poo from over 5 months ago a little too seriously.

CR wasn't viable for a lot of reasons for Horde well before the whole "we're going to gently caress them to death" gimmick came around. Same with Catch, and even Querious has its issues but comparatively its a better spot for a group like Horde.

Talk about taking jokey posts too seriously

Dadbuck posted:

(d) Mittani's pressure tactics in Viceroy are having significant blowback
(e) Inability to maintain cohesion of key leaders, FCs in particular
(f) Imperium is big, fat and bloated
(g) Imperium became BoB
(h) Mittani made too many enemies
(i) Goons are not really good allies http://greedygoblin.blogspot.com/2016/04/the-death-of-imperium.html

http://i.imgur.com/ZQCMOnD.jpg

Unironically quoting Gevlon on SA, your internal echo chamber is leaking

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Potato Salad posted:

I recall discussion in the last thread about how to deal with Machariel fleets and one idea thrown around being "buy them all."

https://twitter.com/1Ronbank/status/718438147751813121

Where the hell do people get money like this. Christ. Had you asked me a few months ago whether I thought something so niche as an EvE Online gambling site would be popular enough to make good cash, I'd have knee-jerked a "no." I shouldn't be surprised -- Somerblink was huge as well. It is just hard to wrap my head around the sheer volume of transactions needed to amass retarded wealth like that.

What would places like Somerblink or IWI make on each transaction? We talking about a ballpark of, like, 5%? 1%? 0.001% on each user transaction?

Most eve gambling sites take about a 13% spread which is in line with real life slots or many table games. So on a 1bn isk raffle the site has made about 130m

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Dalael posted:

Attn: Sir/Madam Ok Baby,

I seize this opportunity to extend my sincere hope that you will be successful in this endeavour.

I am certain that by the time you read this EVE mail, you will already have defeated the ~evil goons~ that plague New Eden. I was passing by Jita and decided to use this opportunity to send you this mail believing that my donation is the one that will ensure your success.

My name is [Insert name here] and I am currently in the possession of a very valuable ship which I would be willing to sell solely for the purpose of donating you the ISK to wage your war. Unfortunately, this ship is currently locked in a station in [insert system here] which I am unable to dock in. The only way I can get this ship back is by having [insert logistic corp here] ship it back to Jita and who would charge me [insert amount of ISk here] to move it. I know their fees is high, but the risks they take by going in this system is very real.

At this time, I find myself low on liquid ISk and assets and therefore would request that you send me [insert ISK here] so that I may have the ship sent back to Jita where I can sell it for the most profit. Rest assured that all the money made from the sale will promptly be given to your foundation since I strongly believe that [Insert Mittani or Sion's name here] is literally Hitler and need to be stopped for the good of the game.

I would also consider joining [Insert dumb pubbie corp in TEST] in order to fight the good fight myself and finally put an end to Goonswarm's domination over our beloved game.

Please be informed that confidentiality of this transaction is of the utmost importance.

Yours Truly

nigerian prince [Insert your name here]

I am experiencing cognitive dissonance, because one part of my brain says this is a good post and another wants to dismiss it because it came from Dalael

Zephyrine posted:

Now you're skirting the edges of bad posting.

I actually thought that was a pretty fair way to comment on it

LemonDrizzle posted:

I think you are completely misreading the likely impact of the capital changes. They are becoming a lot more powerful on the whole, and the limitation that you can no longer do capital RR outside of triage is almost completely irrelevant in a situation where you have crushing subcap numerical superiority.

This actually isn't even true any more, new cap reps will end up being about 60% as effective as old cap reps so the super ball will still in fact work and they are even more destructive to subs than before.

Oodles posted:

Great time to be a hammerbee

I look forward to the day when we can say 'lol made you remove our old towers for us so we could put up citadels you can only attack once a week'

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF8bAIFO6FY

PL making dank isk off of the Guristas Menace

Look at that scrub with only racial carrier IV, guess we know who's getting kicked next

Kimsemus posted:

So what is the current state of things? Anyone have any predictions on how the next couple of weeks look? In LSV we've just been doing a lot of tower kill ops and I'm not paying enough attention to my own coalition channels because a lot of people in our coalition outside LSV kind of annoy me.

You should unironically start shooting each other because we're not going to be interesting for another couple weeks at minimum

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

frozenpussy posted:

what a person takes from any piece of communication is a function of their brain CPU so say lavee

c'est la vie

:france:

LegionAreI posted:

Oh absolutely, that's very true. I don't think it is close to a majority though.

Honestly I consider it a big roleplaying game. That makes it a little easier to deal with when people on either side get weird :v:

No role playing in my RPGs thanks

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah you need JDC 5.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/range/Naglfar,4,Pure_Blind/Saranen

versus

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/range/Naglfar,5,Pure_Blind/Saranen

Did no one check the range and JDC requirements before dropping dreads?

It was a choice to only send a squad, it seems we were off by a small amount on the dps required. :shrug:

Despera posted:

Now I just paid 15$ for a pap link because some vaguely worded ping

I'm sorry I type words bad sometimes :cripes:

Despera posted:

Whatever that Caracal survived 10000 test gatecamps, it could survived getting booshed.

If it makes you feel better, resubbing your Titan got our fleet over there to get enough numbers for caracals to save a bunch of sov timers and for me to be set up to bail out our canes after the FC got headshot. Fun times.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Daruna posted:

also I sat on a titan in fleet last night for like 2 hours until 3am listening to the absolute worst sort of bullshit I've had the misfortune of hearing in ages

it also coincided with both TISHU and NCdot being on our comms temporarily :cripes:

Made your own bed there sunshine

Sorry we didn't oblige by jumping our supers into your really obvious fleets of t3s sitting on titans which were also sitting next to other titans and supers.

Venom Snake posted:

The reason WWB pisses off people in the Imperium is because so far the war has mostly had it's biggest impact on our Allies, not goons. SMA is gone/dead or being folded into GSF, FCON is a rudderless boat, LAWN is in Syndicate, RAZOR is ???, INIT is also in Syndicate, and Bastion is living in Saranen with GSF.

Personally I'm not a big fan of the name just because it sucks. I voted for Casino War v:v:v

RZR and FCON are both in the process of getting settled in Saranen

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

I was indifferent on FCON but seeing them rally 500+ dudes into fleets just on their own was pretty impressive. If they can get that kind of turnout set up in Saranen it will be pretty interesting to see what happens.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Daruna posted:

less grrr posting pls I was lamenting MY lovely allies not your lack of engagement

:allears:

You sound a bit sour about the whole situation really, must have felt pretty lovely to listen to tishu derp around for 2 hours while we mostly ignored them

This may blow your mind but I am not, in fact, the Mittani and at times have opinions which may differ from his

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Mnoba posted:

gotta live for the small moments, like making xolve and his stupid asfarte squad sit in a pos

Is that Xolve that does those Astarte fleets? I thought that was a PL thing and he's in tishu or something now isn't he?

Despera posted:

Yeah but they probably dont think H1Z1 is anything less than poo poo

That one group plays dota which is even worse tho

Glory of Arioch posted:

the best part about this was test really wanted to fight our fleet and PL dropping supers basically blueballed test :laugh:

They did it again later when I was fighting some exodus try hards off an Ihub, 20 supers and a bunch of geddons

Bet TEST felt real good when they got abandoned inside a small, ungunned pos by all their allies

Otacon posted:

...don't say ship-spinning in saranen, don't say ship-spinning in saranen, don't say ship-spinning in saranen, don't say ship-spinning in saranen......

like ship-spinning in saranen?

There have been 3-4 fleets out steadily for 6 plus hour stretches, if people joined them instead of sitting around waiting for a Grindr it would be interesting

frozenphil posted:

CainFortea up here is right. If you actually log in and join fleets you'd be having fun too. Maybe don't read forums so much?

Been having more fun playing this dumb game than for any time in years. If you're high browing caracal fleets you're missing out - at least if the fc has half an idea what they're doing

frozenpussy posted:

I mean I suppose

So they... Cut the eagle in half and stuck in a tacky red banner

:sigh:

CainFortea posted:

MiniLuv, reavers, HS. Yup, there certainly are not sigs that go out and do poo poo during peace time.

SV is still a thing

scandoslav posted:

This was my plan for HS, but I could never destroy Theta. :argh:

Managed to kill off SV, TopGoon, and most of BlackOps, though.

SV isn't dead, it's just different from what it was when you and I both started.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Reavers is mostly dead, or is on a deployment-only thing (only active when deployed).

It's the second one.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Xolve posted:

It was pretty stupid.

Fair.

I like how the last 20 pages are 'LOL we're not going to fight you 4:1' but you expect 30 dudes to fight a 60 man Swordfleet + a 70 man WL Mach/Muninn fleet.

I'm not what you would call an FC. I just show up and shoot things and find other ways to be useful.

Also- I'm in Sniggerdly, premiere powerhouse pvptriage feeding corporation in the Pandemic Legion alliance.

This isn't what happened, at all. You're free to think it is however.

You warped your supers on grid which had the effect of me going lol nope so it doesn't really matter what your motivations were

:wink:

Unfunny Poster posted:

Mukk does the Astartes for PL.

I know Mukk fcs, I'm just interested to see one of our very own forums superstars in my tz

Xolve posted:

Swordfleet/Jackdaws/Caracals don't matter, we fight that outnumbered all the time.

My point was- we're not going to feed to Elo, and I personally, am not going to feed to Fweddit.

:ironicat:

'You guys should totally feed but feeding is dumb lol why would we do that"

I wish I was this good at talking out of both sides of my mouth

nessin posted:

If you're trying to catch up to a existing fleet, unless they're literally next door or hitting something in lowsec, you're probably not going to make it. You don't even stand a good chance in a interceptor because at least one gate is going to have a smart bomb setup on it.

This is about having enough to undock rather than trying to get people to catch up

SV does 'things which are interesting and don't require or want 100 dudes', which includes small gang / gatecamps / bombing bombers / torp bombers / secret squirrel poo poo / whatever

So as I said it's different from old SV but still a place that is fun and doesn't require grindring through tidi

Kalenn Istarion fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 12, 2016

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

My phone ate my words

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

apseudonym posted:

I loved the topgoon shenanigans we did in provi a few years back, this makes me sad :smith:

Current black ops seems fun to chill with at least.

As long as Pooki isn't ranting about cloaks at least

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

apseudonym posted:

That cloak rant made me laugh my rear end of honestly.

I'm planning to fit all of my Sabres with protocloaks

Just think what you can do with all that extra cpu!

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

Stop ruining my copy/pastes :argh:

My head canon is that you and your 'brother' or cousin that got you caught for spying are just multiple personalities and you let the crazy seep out for a minute

Unironically this - paraphrasing a line from GD, this is ruling where you stand. Control of moon resources for alliance income is good to some extent and provides options for resource and market fuckery, but why make arbitrary flag planting objectives? The alliance that gets their name on the map is the one that controls the space through some objective activity measure, with citadels being the focus for set piece battles

I laughed way harder than I should have at that

vulvamancer posted:

So I've been really busy in Eve and haven't read the last 100 pages of this thread, did I miss some really good talk about Eve?

No

WhoNeedsAName posted:

I think he means Kimsemus

Nope, Kismeteer got kicked for reasons unknown as of right now

goninzo posted:

Thanks man. But no, I did leak something, or I wouldn't be booted, right? I mean, I'm goonfucking, so obviously I posted that poo poo on reddit and stole the hangers I had access to.

You were a chill dude from what I recall so sad to see this play out regardless of where the truth lies. :smith:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

lol, you're dumber than I thought.

Alternatively, it's funnier to me and my terrible sense of humour than another copy pasta from Reddit

Daruna posted:

not once have I used an ignore or report feature because I'm not a bitch

Nope just bitchmade

Goatman Sacks posted:

Anyone else find it silly that I have to buy 200m more in skillbooks just to be able to use my carrier after the next patch? Youd' think they could have rolled fighters into support and light fighters or something.

Hear hear

Landsknecht posted:

yeah but people spend plenty to dress up their eve profile pics

I personally own about 20bn in skins...

...which I am selling at hilarious markups to idiots in jita.

I think the only skin I actually applied is the police comet.

evilweasel posted:

the only point of a cosmetic paint job is for someone else to see it or for you to see it, and if you want to see it in-station you can do that without paying

I too only paint the parts of my house that other people will see

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yeah kismeteer isn't really the gently caress people over on purpose kinda dude. Imo let him in with stripped roles. Tensions are high as gently caress right now. No need to eat our own.

:same:

nobody here by that name dumbassglobby :mad:

Sorry D34DT34R

also go be creepy elsewhere boney

Would you believe that outside of nerd communities full of people that are too socially awkward to deal with women people think that it's entirely ok to express attraction for a woman without it being deemed strange

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

stop replying to tons of old posts you retard

I forgot I had half of those in my reply box braise I replied to them last night before passing out

Also gently caress you dadtear

That's the actual PH gate orbiting pic

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Eonwe posted:

this thread is even more of a dumpster fire than the star citizen thread

Not even close

Landsknecht posted:

isn't ibt just like a worse-buzzfeed for business or w/e

it seems like VC is eager to put some millions into anything online in the hope that it can capture some market share and grow like nuts

Nobody said VC guys were smart

"Hey guys so oil and gas is in the gutter what should we invest in now?"

"I've got this cool thing one of my associates was talking about, it's called the Underweb or something and people can post cats and butts on it and stuff"

"Book it, let's make some money!"

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Morris posted:

What's old is new again.

I've looked into that thread several times expecting to see the rafters burning and Eonwe displaying his true form as Lord Shiva. But it basically just seems to be "lol this game sucks look at these dumb pubbies," anyone got a shortcut link to the good stuff?

There's plenty of dumb money pouring into oil and gas too, NYC/West Coast fund managers underestimate Texans and Okies at their own peril.

Well, I didn't say there wasn't did I :v:

I just said there's dumbs who have bailed out making bad tech investment decisions

Comstar posted:

Fair point. I don't really see posts on what it's actually like right now, though it's surprising that you still get ones about good fits and how to do things in game here, even while the biggest war in a year is going on.

This may surprise you, but many of us don't give two shits about the specifics of the war other than 'yay poo poo to shoot at' so there remains plenty of mental bandwidth for things such as which meta shield extender is better

Glory of Arioch posted:

d name why you being such a d name

He's mad because he jumped instead of bridged so instead of just taking his medicine he had a tantrum and joined TEST

Comstar posted:

What IS happening? Are there any fleet battles outside bombers and interceptors? Are there evacuating convoys, or is that part over now? The super's and and I guess all the ships everyone has are in Sarnanam, are there fire sales in Deklien of the ratting stuff, or is everyone keeping their stuff in the assumption that you'll reconquer the place in a month?

Though there are fleet battles to be had...vs CVA?

We ganked their dreads and then avoided the inevitable super drop

Glory of Arioch posted:

serbs running from cerbs :prepop:

Cerbs giving Serbs ruptures

Because they are broke and can't srp anything but t1 cruisers you see

Despera posted:

(2/22/2013 9:37:08 AM) The topic is: If you are not in Saranen, do NOT login to move yourself. If you need fuel, ask your own alliance. GSF members: Make a request contrct to Not a Hotdropalt

Jabber

Yes, because solo moving your super is a good idea :banjo:. I hope when PL gets bored they shoot yours first

was that you who jumped instead of bridged because you're a fat fingered idiot

Yeah that was him, and rather than admit he hosed up he lost it and is coming up with literally any excuse to avoid admitting that he's an idiot

GreenBuckanneer posted:

who the gently caress rats in a thrasher lmbo

The idiot hordelings whose ratting taxes totally aren't being scraped by PL instead of giving SRP ok guys

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

what ping are you talking about and your numbers are stupid no matter what

I sent a ping saying 'come to Op x if you have a Titan in Saranen' or something to that effect and people subbed accounts thinking random never been a supercap fc Kalenn Istarion was going to get in a super brawl or something, idk?

My ping could have been more specific I suppose, but this doesn't have much to do with Desparate being bad at eve and covering it up with some lame excuse about having a TEST parachute for months rather than deal with his fuckup like a big boy

Despera posted:

Well they gotta throw some dirt at me no matter how weak the poo poo.

Nobody's throwing dirt because nobody knows who you are aside from jump not bridge guy which is more than enough to justify the ridicule

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

frozenpussy posted:

How does capital reimbursement normally go, for FAXes and Dreads? If I want to pilot suicide FAXes and Dreads for the org, what will it cost me in terms of stratop loss? I dislike PVE for ISK, or doing anything for ISK really. And I don't consider capital PVP fun but rather something I do for the org.

It's an RP thing. Just wondering what it will cost me.

Like most things, you will need to just buy your first one and then you essentially get made whole when you die.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

ullerrm posted:

The former was inevitable, GSF is rapidly growing as it absorbs basically every SMA and FCON member with two brain cells to rub together.

The latter, not quite inevitable, but a sensible move as we're doing less ratting than in previous months -- it extends our warchest by years. Reminder: We are literally the only alliance in the game who's ever done peacetime SRP.

Nah, TNT had one at least as good on many things by the time I left, dunno about anyone else tho

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Orange Red Bull posted:

Whats good eve thread? I spent all day today playing better games than eve feels good man

Heres a cat

Nice cat

Xolve posted:

Somehow (through bad scouting and worse tackling) we missed catching Vulan's Caracal fleet, and ran into Asher's Cerb fleet, got a few kills, then in the subsequent 20 minutes or so we ran down a few retreating cowards before settling back in X-7.

One day, I will murder Arrendis' Scimitar.

Good luck, but with all the t1 tank mods he uses I'm sure the kill mail won't be very exciting

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Landsknecht posted:

also what's the cool dread moros or swaglfar

Revelation :unsmigghh:

Goatman Sacks posted:

Also high angle rev supremacy

I think there's a good case for say 10% of even a structure / cap shooting cap fleet to be high angle fit for tackle clearing

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

According to Chickenwing & Tokyo Sexwhale, yes.

Also Kitty.

http://i.imgur.com/WcpmNda.webm

Cats are cute and stuff but what loving idiot brushes a cat's teeth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Drythe posted:

Have you not seen what dental bills for a cat can cost? My mother in law's cat had to have all her teeth removed because of poor hygiene.

Paying cat dental bills is also stupid h t h

• Locked thread