Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

GreyPowerVan posted:

pyro scales with int and faith but the scaling is much less so than other magic. it's still useful at minimum requirements, as pyromancy alkways is

Does it still involve upgrading the pyromancy flame?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Nuebot posted:

They should totally hook up with Sony again and make Demons Souls 2 just to confuse everyone.

I think a lot of people consider Bloodborne to be the spiritual Demon's Souls 2, as they were both in the vein of being partly Sony-funded and published.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

i'm getting ramdisk errors when I try to install this.

Help :confused:

Have you tried not installing it on Destiny and on an actual HDD instead

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

My DS preload just downloaded something extra

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

A whole 95mb of goodness. Probably the .exe.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

The countdown has been replaced with 'play now' on the store page

ITS OPEN ITS RUNNING ZOMG

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Unpacking dis poo poo

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Took me 2 minutes on an 850 EVO :smugdon:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Zaras posted:

Not sure if I missed it a couple pages back, but apparently the 1.1 patch improves FPS even further. I guess it got benchmarked at "Ultra 1080p" at 30fps on a 750 ti or something like that.

http://www.game-debate.com/news/?ne...Graphics%20Card

No word of lie, that is some seriously impressive optimization from 1.0.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Oh my god the new nvidia drivers just bricked my 970. Had to boot into safe mode to get it to boot to windows and uninstall the drivers, the system won't even recognize the GPU anymore and nor does any of the recent nvidia driver installations. Wow.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

The lack of white summon signs is really dispiriting :( It's nothing like the first two games. I've done the first two bosses and I've only seen 1 so far. I see loads of orange messages, player ghosts, red blood spots, etc. But the coop is non-existent compared to day 1 DS1 and DS2.

I put mine down in front of the second boss to see it from the other side and nobody picked it up in the ten minutes I spent waiting.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I finally got summoned, killed the boss for the host. Discovered that your estus aren't restored anymore if you help somebody. :psyduck: That's poo poo.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Unless I'm just completely high and imagined it, I was getting estus charges back every time I killed the first boss while sunbroing.

I killed the boss, got an ember and returned to my world but my estus were still empty and so were my FP bar.

I'm just hoping it's a glitch because otherwise that is a real downer. I used to wait in front of bosses all the time as a phantom so I could recharge in human form. Hell, that's what the small soapstone in DS2 was for. Taking that out would be such a letdown.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Malcolm XML posted:

how do i fix the screen tearing

Enable vsync in nvidia/amd control panel

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

What do you guys think of the world in DS3?

12 hours in and no signs of DkS1-esque looping and intertwined zones. It feels all too linear with the occasional branch that goes off into a dead-end. Don't get me wrong - great game, but it's a long A to B path instead of the tangled world of DS1 and flower design of DS2. It's the least well-made game world of the series in my personal view. The world is a step down from the prequel.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

DrGreatJob posted:

Look, Dark Souls 1's world was incredible and a masterpiece of level design (except Lost Izaleth, Valley of Drakes, Demon Ruins, etc.) but it doesn't matter. Once you beat the game, the interconnectedness of the world meant nothing, and was often more inconvenient than just having fast travel from the start. It was neat seeing areas from other areas, but that is still a thing in this game. And it still has no bearing on the gameplay.

Each area of DS 3 is better than almost every area in DS1 or 2. Who gives a poo poo how you go from one area to the next?

The lack of an interconnected world means there's no choice in where you want to go next. DS1 if you were good enough you could go to Londo Ruins or Catacombs from the start. Throughout the game, depending on your skill, you always had at least one other area you could do instead. DS2 and 3 doesn't have that.

If you're trying to argue that the interconnected world of DS1 was merely cosmetic, you are being incredibly disingenuous.

edit: also I'd like to raise another point that from Firelink in DS1 if you looked up you could see Sen's and Anor Londo, if you looked down you could see Blighttown and the chasm of drakes. Everywhere you looked you knew you would end up there at some point. Beyond being 'cosmetic' it was a huge aspect of the game that you could explore the world around you.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Apr 14, 2016

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

The weapon cleric's candlestick won't cast any spells whatsover. No miracles, sorceries or pyromancies. Help???

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

There's a second bonfire in the catacombs? I always ran towards Woljnir from the abyss watchers bonfire because gently caress that place.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

This game has arch-viles :gonk:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

there are literally thousands of double dildo anal butt stuff videos on the internet

it's been around longer than RFAD

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

PS4/Xbone are using literal laptop parts and they're priced at £250-300, of course the games for them aren't exactly going to need stellar hardware. People constantly forget just how incredibly weak the consoles are. They're the weakest they've ever been versus expectations and the current hardware climate. It's not like Dreamcast which handily matched those arcade machines teenagers oogled over at the weekends, or PS2/Xbox 1 where their games were comparable to the most current PC releases.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Songbearer posted:

Holy poo poo, High Lord Wolnir. Piss easy puzzle boss I annihilated on my second try solo, but out of 6 Sunbro co-op attempts, I only managed to complete 2. I am a bad bro :saddowns:

That boss is weird, something ain't right with it and phantoms. If you have three guys fighting it, the boss will behave according to the most distant phantom. If there's one guy hanging back he will rush and everyone gets consumed in the abyss. Even worse if the guys are focusing the bracelets on their right instead of the more difficult and time-consuming left bracelet. That poo poo needs to be whacked first while there's no skeletons running amok.

I found the boss far easier solo.

Personally found DS1 Nito far more interesting. I like the concept of Wolnir but the fight is a bit too sloppy and not very mechanically polished. The hands clip through geometry, sometimes clip backwards through the boss himself, sometimes the skeletons' hitboxes stop working and you can't hurt them and they can't hurt you. That sort of thing. Nito was just a scary bastard hiding in the dark stabbing you through the floor with that incredibly intense music going.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 17, 2016

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Malek Deneith posted:

What the actual gently caress. Apparently there are claims that Black Separation Crystal adds points to the same invisible "online play ban" counter that disconnects do. The details are sketchy at best, and I hope this is just someone talking out of their rear end but if it's true that'd be dumb as hell.

I use it all the time. Lost count of the amount of times I've been unable to enter boss zones even when they've been started by the host. Don't see any difference, signs are everywhere.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

The way I see it, sorcery/pyro/miracles are now solidly just a complement to your melee skills. The days of using nothing but lightning spears like in DS1 and 2 are long gone.

The only spell that's been consistently worth casting for me is fire orb, the rest do gently caress all damage for their cost and windup time. Even then, I have to equip sage ring, swamp ring and witch ring to make it work.
I tried to make Farron flashsword and magic greatsword work, because they just look so cool, but they still do much less damage than a bog standard crystal longsword. It's a shame.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

No area in any souls game has made me feel more like I'm just not up to the challenge than the start of Irylith, I literally haven't made it past the fire dude with his three sword zombie entourage yet and it seems like pure luck if I even make it past the three frosty sword maidens right at the start.
It's like the street before the bonfire at the start of BB except worse because I should be better by now.

The arch vile guys go down a lot easier than they look. Just aggro his small friends and withdraw back quickly so you can pick them off. Then just head to the arch vile and melee away. If you're keeping your weapon reinforced and infused, you'll kill them with light attacks before you run out of stamina. They just have the intimidation factor, that's all. Just like their Doom counterparts.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

8-Bit Scholar posted:

...well now I'm curious...where can I find this something else?

No you really don't want this spoiled, trust me on this one. Just keep playing, you'll get there eventually.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Chaos Dark Sword +6, where have you been all my life?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

turtlecrunch posted:

I have yet to be impressed by pyromancy but I only have 2 boosting rings so far and 20/17 or something like that on stats.

Fire Orb and Great Chaos Fire Orb are the only decent offensive spells. There's also Carthus Flame Arc, which is flame weapon by another name.

Magic on the whole has been gutted for Dark Souls 3

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

MooCowlian posted:

Sword and board people, what are your ring setups? I have chloranthy and then just a bunch of stuff to buff my pyromancy because I don't really see anything else that stands out as especially good.

Yeah that's basically it. I use milkring because it looks cool, the two pyromancy rings and an estus ring. Sometimes I swap the milkring out with sage ring if I find myself casting a lot more fire orbs than usual. If I'm doing a lot of melee & dodging, I'll equip the flynn ring, which increases attack rating if you have light equip load.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Does farron flashsword ever get viable? Having a laser sword that swings fast and reaches far is awesome but it does so little damage for how much FP and stamina each swing costs. I would love to have a character that revolves around the soulswords.

edit: I have to admit the last time I used it was before the patch. Apparently they were changed but I don't know if that was positively or negatively.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Lakbay posted:

They're bad even after the buff :(

Also I swear the washing pole gets longer each game. The DS3 one is the longest one yet.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Three times in a row this buggy rear end game won't let phantoms through the boss door! :bang: loving fix it already FROM.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Digital_Jesus posted:

After playing through this through NG++ now...

I am willing to say DS2 was the best game in the series and gently caress the haters. :colbert:

SOTFS is, yes.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Watching Brad from GiantBomb play DS1 yesterday really made me appreciate how much better these games look with a good lighting engine.

You could probably just hot swap the entire game into the DS3 engine with no other changes and it would look loving fantastic.

And sometimes it looks like everything is made of plastic;

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Secx posted:

Yhorm is a badly designed fight in my opinion.

I got the hint that I was supposed to use the sword against him my first time. I was able to equip it without dying, then realized it didn't do jack poo poo as damage. I died. Respawn, read the item description and figure out I need to use the L2 skill. Round 2: I press L2 and nothing happens. I die. I finally figure out you need to charge it by holding L2.

Nothing else in the game has a chargeable L2 skill and the game doesn't teach you that. I go in with a charged L2 and whack at him for peanuts again. I die. Turns out you need to have a charged L2 AND have to press R1 to unleash the attack. Again, no other weapon in the game has a similar skill and no enemies showed that kind of skill either.

It'd be much better if they gave the player subtle clues or hints by having previous enemies use that kind of skill on you.

Somebody didn't play Demon's Souls :colbert:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I'm liking the Demon's Souls items making a comeback again, blessed weapons with regenerator's ring and adjudicator's shield sun princess ring and ancient dragon greatshield for HP regen builds. Pity there's no Vinland/Velstadt armour this time.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

My red orb experience so far;

code:
A connection error has occurred. Returning to your world
Are players just gigantic pussies or what?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

So everyone says greatswords need some love, but as invader (not fight clubs, just being a dickwraith and holding up players trying to play through the story) they seem to be the only viable option. If you aren't using one you'll get smashed over the head by one. Guys with greatswords, giant machetes, etc can kill my darkblade guy easily. My success rate went up tremendously when I moved onto a great machete weapon.

Seeing lots of guys also hide for ages and ages and ages. At one point I was invading in Catacombs, hiding behind the rock next to the bridge near boss and the guy took about 15 minutes to show up (when I invaded, everything was dead up to the rats) before I blasted him into the pit with chaos firestorm.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Fargin Icehole posted:

Alright, these two dragons in the castle are pissing me off. I've killed a boatload of dragon knights, and I have yet to get a dragonslayer bow. There a corpse somewhere that might have one?

Jump off the bridge to the left, wander about in the buildings for a bit. You'll get to a part where you can attack one of the dragons' abyss-infected claws from relative safety. Doing so will eliminate both of them permanently.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Equipping sun princess ring and ancient dragon greatshield will give you a just-about higher regen than the poison's ticks can take away so keep that in mind if you want to explore Farron Keep hassle-free.

I think what detracts away from FK is the lack of a Rusted Iron Ring that would take away the mobility penalty in swamps. It was a godsend in the original DS. If such a ring existed in DS3 I'm sure a lot of the complaints would go away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Whats the best infusion for a Dark Sword, I hear you can get crazy AR out of it somehow.

My 30 int 30 faith guy has 440 AR on his chaos +10 dark blade, I can't remember if that's with the fire clutch ring or not.

If you infuse it with a dark gem, does that make it a Dark Dark Sword?