Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

djdanno13 posted:

Just saying, if this guy can drive a 90 year old motorcycle across the nation diagonally then a Chevy dump should be no problem!

That's got my FIL beat. His summer driver is a 1947 Knucklehead. Even takes it to Maine (from near Albany NY) every summer too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Fermented Tinal posted:

Take the train, the seats actually have room and it's generally enjoyable even in cattle class.

Outside of the Northeast, the train is useless. I took the bus once from Boston to Albany. It was me and about 10 Amish on the bus.

Fun fact: The Amish LOOOOOVE themselves some McDonalds. The bus reeked.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Slung Blade posted:

44s are still cool. I was more impressed that MH had made it into your neck of the woods. I think they had a plant in the us, but they were pretty big here in Canada.

They're a thing? My FIL has a MH 30 or 33 he still uses on the farm.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Also got offered a hundo if I can pull the trans out if the jeep somehow lol

Pickaxe at this point.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Crotch Fruit posted:

I thought the plan was to avoid the interstate all together in that beast? Christmas traffic in a 55mph cop magnet is bound to be fun.

Just need a shitload of those PBA stickers all over the truck.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Stay safe, split rim 14"

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Wrar posted:

Get an LS and have Fuzzkill help you junkyard super or turbocharge it.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Midjack posted:

I don't think he's posting here anymore.

He still posts to the Facebook group but we don't "understand" him, and since we stopped (or at least, reduced) our enabling, he won't post here much anymore.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Old Binsby posted:

100% off topic but I gotta ask, what smell??

Amtrak smells like Amtrak. Doesn't matter were you are, the trains all smell the same.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

What about....making the truck smaller? Like, two goons with marginal trailers go out, and one hauls the chassis, and one hauls the bed/tires/whatever and neither goes over weight.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Elephanthead posted:

This is also farm equipment which gives a nice exemption from almost all laws. We have proof Dave is lord of the cock ants.

Yeah but "Farm" hauling also has the implication that you're staying local. Going a few thousand miles driving whatever on the interstate and going "Oh no officer, it's for farming" probably won't fly.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Does the camper stove not work? Wouldn't be more efficient and easier to get a propane tank hooked up for the stove and heater?

Just testing to make sure the biolite works?

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Tent inside the camper.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

On the one hand, up in new england we don't have waffle houses and don't reeeeeeallly have IHOP or Dennys.

On the other hand, we have real diners everywhere.

So, I'm not sure if I'm missing out.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Tofu Survivor posted:

Man I live in RI and there's an IHOP in Providence and a Denny's in North Providence. If RI has both of these things there's no way the other states don't.

Well yeah, I think MA has like one of each too. But that's one. For the whole state. The way these people talk, Waffle Houses down south are like Dunkin Donuts up here. I live halfway to nowhere, Upstate NY and I could walk to a real-deal diner, and in less than 30 minutes drive to at least 5 or 6 others.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can't get over how flat and desolate everything looks. As someone who lived in Seattle inch, how is biking where it's all practically perfectly flat?

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Following Van Canto links led me to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH9FyLsfDzw

I...kind of like it.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Well it turns out I love melodic death metal. I never knew!

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

I still haven't gotten off my rear end to get one of those propane tanks into town that poo poo is gonna suck

Could you fab together a quick little trailer to drag the tank into town and back?

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

ExplodingSims posted:

Bumper Truck:

Is...that on a Twizzy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

i like ur username that is all

It was given to me in one of the GBS rename threads. I like it too.

• Locked thread