Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Popeahuntis posted:

Pretty source material friendly then.
Who's everyone's dream casting for Cannonball?
Mine would be anyone from duck dynasty

I always saw him as Ryan Kwanten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

LGD posted:

Same. Morena Baccarin also seemed to have pretty good chemistry with Reynolds, so it'd be a real shame if they didn't keep her around. On the other hand one of Deadpool's defining traits is a tragic personal life, so I don't know that keeping him in a stable relationship was ever really in the cards. Maybe give her an approximation of Comic Book Vanessa's powers as a side effect of curing/stabilizing the Techno-Organic/Legacy Virus infection that Cable has traveled back in time to stop during the next film?

Should go the Austin Powers route and just write Vanessa out in the first scene, say she was a Doombot or something.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Betty White for Granny Goodness

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

zoux posted:

Well this is too perfect to not happen.

Yeah that makes tremendous sense, I can't see why they'd drop the ball there.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There was that line in Civil War that seemed to indicate that Black Panthers had been around for a while and that T'Chaka wore the suit before he died, so it wouldn't be totally out of left field

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

McLaughlin would make an awesome Mephesto

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Do a new FF with a new cast but keep Miles Teller and just turn him into Maker for the big villain.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've started thinking of Homecoming as Rick and Morty:the movie and now I'm much more excited

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I can't remember if this was officially official or not, but Hulk is in Ragnarok

Ruffalo's also billing it as a Buddy Movie

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

She's barely in it, but she's good in what she's in

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Apparently Kismet is going to be in Thor 3, and will be the main villain in GOTG 2, which makes sense

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Maybe people are going based off of name recognition alone? I couldn't even fault her acting because she hardly said gently caress-all. Tangential: There was one point where she ran off where I thought for sure she was going to save Archangel, but I don't think we actually ... saw that? Did we? I won't lie, I was hoping we'd get some more interaction between them. ... Or for Psylocke to have done anything at all besides 'be a Horseman.' Even Angel got a decent bit of characterization from what we saw of him in the mutant cage-match scene. She just felt weirdly underserved to me.

That's how it's been with every single X movie. The henchmen are there to do their couple cool scenes and that's it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

ihatepants posted:

I also didn't realize that Doctor Strange will be the first movie without Marvel's input (only Marvel Studios). Should we be worried about that?

Yes. Clearly it will be the one to sink Marvel.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Given the current state of DC a kingdom come movie would have Magog desperately trying to save a villain from the Trinity, and a bunch of hopeful, optimistic new heroes changing public opinion

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hannibal as Norman and Glover as Harry

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

IM2 at least has RDJ and Sam Rockwell carrying it. Even if the story is kind of a mess I would watch two hours of Rockwell dancing

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

FlamingLiberal posted:

We've seen the Cosmic Cube/Tesseract, the thing from Thor 2, and the Gem from GotG. I may be forgetting something but I think that's it.

Mind Gem is in Vision

Edit: wow I left this open too long

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Probably Magic posted:

Movie is already better than BvS because it actually has a color palette.

Don't worry, they'll remove that in post

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

MrAristocrates posted:

BravestOfTheLamps knows what words mean, he's just trolling you. In his defense, you're all incredibly loving easy.

Seriously. You guys just keep on falling for it, come on.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

ImpAtom posted:

This kind of poo poo is tiring. Going "You're stupid and this is why you're stupid" isn't falling for trolling. Getting angry over it is but nobody here is angry over. You know what happens if you don't actually respond? People assume the guy trolling is being serious and start repeating him unironically. It's happened in multiple threads where people start repeating fake poo poo because a guy makes an effortpost troll over it.

So respond with "Nah lol" and move on

e: Also, who the gently caress cares? Does it really affect you if people start unironically saying that BvS had a good colour palette in other places?

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jul 16, 2016

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

DrProsek posted:

Who the gently caress cares? Does it really affect you if people post on the Internet?

Yes! I get very mad about it!

Ignite Memories posted:

They should make Sentry 2. That would be ballsy as gently caress.

I'd love to see them lean in and do a TV special on his history or something

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lurdiak posted:

I have no idea who to trust about this new Ghostbusters movie. Lots of people saying it's really bad, other people saying it's super great. Ever since I learned people in CD like to say the Star Wars Prequels are good movies I just can't trust anyone's opinions anymore.

I liked it. Also it makes MRAs really, really angry

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

X-O posted:

Yeah, there's a number of moments like this the felt improv-y in the way where Feig just turned on the camera and said "Do something funny" and it's just a forced scene of a joke that's not needed.

Also all the cameos were terrible, except for Ernie Hudson. I also wish the film could have gone five whole minutes at any point without going "Hey there audience, do you remember that old movie called Ghostsbusters? Wasn't that great?" because it was just too much.

Murray's at least fit into the narrative fine, Akroyd's was the only one that really felt forced.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Happy Hippo posted:

Can someone point me towards an SNL sketch, a talk show appearance, any performance really, where Leslie Jones is actually funny? Admittedly, I've only seen a handful of SNL sketches she was in (certainly no more than ten or so) and she was aggressively unfunny. I'm willing to bet that she's got comedic talent seeing as how she's in the middle of a pretty solid run in her career right now, and maybe I have just coincidentally been exposed to her lesser performances. Her scenes in the trailer were absolutely loving awful, and it leaves me baffled as to how she has a career in comedy.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/cast/leslie-jones-15496

She's usually really good on Weekend Update in particular.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Why am I Not supposed to like Batman and Batgirl as an item again? Let's just assume Killing Joke is in the same context as Batman Animated Series

Because there's a massive age and power difference between them, with Bruce acting as a father figure.

Also the fact that it takes a lot of agency from Batgirl and reduces her to Batman's love interest in the story.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoEjVGGVUAIDNSA.jpg:large

goddamn the Flash and Cyborg outfits look bad

Flash has a giant arrow on his crotch pointing to his taint

Cyborg looks like Michael Bay designed him

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dacap posted:

Why the hell did they throw all that extra detailing on Batman's costume? the one from BvS was about as perfect as I thought a film Batman costume could be largely because of it's simplicity. Those bullshit six-pack armor plates look awful

Because if they don't make noticeable costume changes they can't sell new toys

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I liked the characterization of Flash for sure, but I'm not really clear on why they went with Barry if they're going to make him completely different, plus you avoid any conflict with the show. It's not like there aren't other Flashes to pick from

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Right, stupid question

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bruceski posted:

Fake geek boys.

It's true though. Same types of people who complained about Sam taking over as Cap (while not realizing Bucky do the same thing a few years ago) or Thor being a woman (despite something like Throg existing). A lot of people just want to rail against progression without having having any idea what they're talking about, and it paints all comic fans as weirdo misogynists

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's what's great about the Joker, he says what's on his music me and isn't worried about PC gone mad. Make America Laugh Again

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm looking forward to the scene where Tony beats Tinkerer just by making fun of him and shaming him

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I would bet money there were people going on about how Iron Man was going to bankrupt Marvel way back when.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

ImpAtom posted:

... That's weird. does that mean after Infinity War? Because that would be a hell of an absence.

Are you confusing her with someone who would actually matter to anything in Infinity War?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm going to guess the movie that's supposed to be stuffed with about 60 characters isn't going to spend too much time on Thor's girlfriend, they'll just handwave it like they did in both Avengers movies.

Or they do want to go with Jane Thor at some point cast someone who actually wants to be there

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't care about the hair as long as she enacts this iconic pose

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

"Strange! Strange! I'm.. I'm gonna need you to jam this infinity stone waaaay up your *urp* way up your rear end"
"Oh..Oh jeez Ancient One, I.. I dunno"

Hopefully this leads to Harmon working on Homecoming

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I've been kinda lukewarm on the Marvel Netflix stuff to be honest. Daredevil season 1 was ok, but I can't get into season 2 at all. Took me three tries to get through Jessica Jones because I kept getting bored.

Jessica Jones would have been a really great 8 episode series, they padded it out way too much

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sliding timeline :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bruceski posted:

Since the topic's come up I may as well ask. For Labor Day weekend Comet TV did a Godzilla marathon, and when their trailer listed what was being shown ("The original, the sequel to the original, the American remake of the original" et cetera) they referred to Rodan as "the origin story" or "the beginning" or something like that (it's not exactly something I wrote down, this just reminded me). It aired after Godzilla, and as far as I saw he isn't involved in it at all, is there some other reason they'd call it that?

Rodan's supposed to be in the new sequel, could have been referring to that

• Locked thread