Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Zendaya is 19 so it's a little creepy to talk about her looks but she IS a very beautiful young woman. This is the first Mary Jane that looks like she could grow up and be a super model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Hair Color chat is done in this thread. If you post about Hair Color in this thread again you're done as well. Also if you whine about a character being a different race from the comic you're done as well.

Can I continue to gush about how great this casting is?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Can I inquire as to what Disney channel show Rhyno is so familiar with her from?

I actually watched KC Undercover when I was babysitting my step niece last fall. She lives it and Zendaya is a perfectly fine actress. Also Carla from Scrubs plays her mom!

And like I said elsewhere, Zen is the first NJ who actually looks like she could grow up and be a super model.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Jared Leto is saying he hasn't seen Suicide Squad yet and felt he was tricked into a doing a movie that was pitched to him differently that it ended up being.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/16/joker-actor-jared-leto-reportedly-feels-he-was-tricked-into-suicide-squad

The source on this is a fan site and Tumblr. Is there video of him saying these things?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Not too long ago I had a customer get super lovely with two other customers who were discussing a plot point of the film Mimic. A film that came out in 1997. And they weren't even spoiling the film, just discussing a rare moment in the film. Dude still lost his poo poo over it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

She went from fairly creepy and with neat effects to a really bad cgi character that was poorly dubbed. She was basically reduced to boner food.

She's really not even an actress. She's just a hot model who like so many others managed to parlay I to an acting gig.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pretty much. Gal at least was in a bunch of high profile films first. Cara was in Pan and like one other thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Timeless Appeal posted:

Alex Ross is bad at character designs.

Holy poo poo look at this horrible opinion.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

A string of hits.

Kingdom Come has literally 200 amazing designs. Also his Cap design isn't bad at all, it just looks flat in that sketch.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this? posted:

Didn't see it mentioned yet but Michael Pena has confirmed that he's returning for Ant Man and the Wasp.

He's kind of vital to the story telling so this pleases me greatly!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

It was going to be Vernita Green's daughter coming back for revenge against the Bride and her daughter, having been trained by armless Sophieie Fatale and blind Elle Driver, from what I'd heard.

Last I read about it, he said it probably wasn't happening.

Didn't he say he's only going to make like two more films and KB3 isn't one of them?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

I grabbed the Shout Factory release of Buckaroo Banzai, and I never noticed that the comic shown is a Marvel comic. I wonder if there was ever an idea of actually making a BB comic, then or later.

There's been a few

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?q=buckaroo&pubid=&PubRng=

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Henry Cavill's leg is bigger than Nic Cage's torso.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but there's no reason for Superman to be buff or cut at all.

You don't know how Kryptonian muscles work!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SlimGoodbody posted:

The villain is Brainiac and he's behind the devastating Y2K bug

Well it worked in the comics.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Affleck shared this video today

http://comicbook.com/2016/08/29/ben-affleck-reveals-deathstroke-from-justice-league-set-/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Toxxupation posted:

Holy poo poo that's a terrible costume. Holy poo poo. Holy poo poo.

He looks like one of the robots from the Mortal Kombat films.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

Why do they insist on giving him this bulky rear end armor that never looks good in anything?

When his first N52 series launched that's what they gave him along with a giant sword. His Rebirth book has him back in a form fitting suit that looks pretty excellent.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

Stop trying to trick me into reading Deathstroke dammit!

He has SEX in the newest issue!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I feel like that's been the rumor for like a year or more at this point.

The actor himself has been hinting at it for a long rear end time. As far back as the initial BvS production.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Codependent Poster posted:

I think most everyone will say that Ryan Reynolds is awesome. I think he and Keanu must be the two best people in Hollywood, though Chris Pratt and Chris Evans seem up there.

RDJ went to bat for his co-stars so they'd get better pay.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Raserys posted:

I didn't think Deadpool was that great, but the insane degree to which Fox wanted to kill it puts me on Reynolds' side 100%

You mean the $200 Million they spent on marketing?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dick Tracy is amazing, Warren Beatty and all. Darkman is peak Raimi madness and also flawless.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Barbie-scaled Breathless Mahoney doll had nipples.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Karloff posted:

Darkman is the best, it's the best by far of the post-Batman, pre-Blade era.

Wasn't Darkman mostly finished before Batman was even released?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

I understand that Raimi actually wanted to make a Shadow or Phantom movie but couldn't get the rights, so he came up with an original character.

Clearly he'd have done a better job than what we got with either of those films. But if I remember what I read, Darkman was mostly finished filming before Batman was released, it just took forever to edit and finish the FX work. To say it's "Post Batman" is kind of unfair since it wasn't really influenced by it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SlimGoodbody posted:

I just watched both Magic Mike movies and it is criminal that Channing Tatum is not presently charming everyone's pants off in a superhero movie. I'm sure the Gambit movie is toast, but that's fine, because he deserves better than loving Gambit.

It's so odd that they made a HUGE ordeal out of having him on the Fox X-Men panel last year (he even warmed everyone's hearts by walking clearly confused Stan Lee off the stage) and now he'll probably never play the character. I read somewhere (maybe here) that Fox wanted him to sign on for like 12 films, to basically become their new lead to take Jackman's place and he balked at the idea since it would lock him in for 10+ years. Gonna be pretty funny when DC eventually scoops him up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Honestly I think he'd be a pretty good Captain Marvel.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

It is a shame Patrick Warburton isn't 20 years younger. He'd be a great Captain Marvel.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Captain Marvel is a woman, you mean Shazam.

Citation needed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

I'm guessing there's a slight chance Mar-Vell shows up in Carol's movie but just lol at the demand that I keep an expectation for a mar-vell standalone movie

Feige already said she will have an all new origin. Also AoS already ruined the Kree so they probably want to distance themselves from that now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlestheHammer posted:

I like Toby better honestly.

Now I know you're trolling.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

I wonder with Jackman retiring from Wolverine, it means Fox will take X-men in a new direction.

Uh not to mention the failure of Apocalypse, though I hope this doesn't mean they'll be tossing the kids, because that was by far the best part of the movie.

They really wanted Tatum's Gambit to be their new focal character but is sounds like he didn't want to sign on for 18 films.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

Which sucks because I was majorly looking forward to the Gambit movie and, as I have argued before, think Gambit could be a good lead character.

They should have just made the one he originally agreed on but the rumor mill says they tried to strong arm him into seriously 12 movies or more.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SonicRulez posted:

I am very curious as to why you think that, because I've never seen that be true.

It not you, it Gambit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Can't blame him for bailing if that's true, screw that.

I bet his Cajun accent would've been hilariously terrible though

Dude's supposedly got a Gambit tattoo, I bet he's been practicing that accent since 1992.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You can say that now but if not for those film deals Marvel would literally have ceased to be. Those deals gave them a massive influx of operating capitol that allowed them to get the company back on track.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

For there to be good ff after Hickman there would have to be any ff after Hickman

There's a little.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Lee Kirby run is flawless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Once is making a point, two is pushing it, but 3?

This came up some years back on Byrne's forum and he was adamant that since black people are allowed to say it to each other than it was fine for him to say it as well. It didn't go over well and something like 50 people were banned from his board for calling him out or agreeing that he was as a racist rear end in a top hat if he used it.

• Locked thread