Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

They should make your teammates able to see the discord orbed target through walls like Zenyatta himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zorodius posted:

Pharah might be better against Tracer anyway

How is Pharah a tracer counter?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The worst part about playing Zenyatta is that people think he is a replacement for a lucio/mercy

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

Anyone figure out how long a Leaver Penalty lasts, cause I've got one right now and it sucks hard(a 75% penalty is a bit too much in my opinion for such a thing)

Have you thought about not leaving games?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Which sucks because he still can't carry main heals.

People not picking Lucio/Mercy when a Zenyatta is around isn't Zenyatta's fault.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Supercar Gautier posted:

So Blizzard are taking out the "Avoid This Player" feature because whiny babies were using it on skilled opponents, instead of using it on jerks.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745504371#post-3

I really wish they'd decided to tweak it instead of throwing it out altogether. For example, what if it only affected your own team? That way, you could still decide "I never want this rear end in a top hat as my teammate", but you couldn't go "this player's too good and I don't want to fight them".

That's what happens when you put something as unfun to play against as widowmaker in the game.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 21, 2016

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Supercar Gautier posted:

Widowmaker being too strong isn't a good reason for whiny players to abuse the avoid function,

Not having fun when playing the game with a really good widowmaker in it seems like a pretty good reason to use the avoid function.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Supercar Gautier posted:

Widowmaker has had one nerf already, she will likely get more adjustments, and certain other characters will likely get buffed to counter her better (I would guess that D.Va will be the first case of this). If you're cultivating a massive shitlist of players based on a totally temporary balance situation, you're being a little bratty, sorry.

I don't really see a point caring about some nebulous future where playing against a good widowmaker isn't an awful experience when I want to have fun playing the game right now.

Not that I really used the avoid function either since I didn't even know it existed until yesterday.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jun 21, 2016

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

avoiding a player because they're better than you is p lame tbh

widow was busted before but now she's not so there't no excuse for that

Good widows are still far more oppressive than literally any other hero in the game. The nerf didn't really slow them down that much.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I think this game would be better off without widowmaker but you might be going a bit too hyperbolic with that.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

whatspeakyou posted:

Jesus that Mei is dumb. I am going to run straight at this guy without any effort to make myself hard to hit! He might as well just stood still and stared at you. :stare: My post was written with the assumption that you don't charge players like stevie wonder riding a bull.

Do people really just not know that jumping around and moving erratically is kind of important?

People seem to forget it when they are against a mercy since most Mercys don't try to shoot back.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

This may be old news, but last night I found out Roadhog's Ult can destroy Junkrat's Ult, in addition to his chain being able to snatch it away as well.

Anything can destroy Junkrat's ult.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

MacheteZombie posted:

The market was more stable than Bitcoin.

The world's lowest bar to clear.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sleepness posted:

Is there any situation where Hanzo is a actually a solid pick over a widow? I've pretty much avoided playing him due to the massive stigma around him but I've been having a pretty fun time with him in brawl. Granted, I do 10x better whenever I pick widow but would like to add another hero to my repertoire if possible.

Not really. However, you should just play the hero you want to play.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lady Naga posted:

I legitimately can't tell if it's funnier when it happens in competitive or when it happens in the casual who gives a poo poo mode. Both are really good. I wish I had screenshotted this guy but he started a comp match by saying "basically if you're not here to win at any cost, leave now." and I was like "lmao holy poo poo what a try hard".

It's definitely funnier in competitive.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Just had a miserable run on Numbani, attacking. Defending team went triple Torbjorn, Winston, Symmetra, Lucio. So I'd shield up and we'd burn down turrets and hope they didn't have one or more Molten Cores to save them, while Winston is up in our grill making it hard to do our jobs.

We won and it honestly wasn't even that close, but I didn't enjoy a single goddamn second of it.

Seems like a really fun Pharah game to me

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

My koth experience is that without a Lucio you almost always lose and if you have both Lucio and Mercy you almost always win.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

(although in fairness the game and the medal system are deliberately designed to obscure it because blizzard doesn't trust players to use that information constructively)

Blizzard is correct.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Right so it's unnecessary to add new heroes because you can tweak existing heroes or allow people to select between abilities or weapons.

Is this good game design or a money grab for people to buy skins? That's my question, and since it's Blizzard

Giving old heroes alternate weapons/abilities is much worse than making new heroes. Now you always know what a hero is capable of.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Someonee mentioned that you could add a 'right click' ability to Mercy's gun to heal from range to a small degree, or you can add a stun to Zenyata's kit while maybe toning down his discord orb. I'll see how this plays out but it seems like it's going in the "wacky situations" realm that blizzard loves rather than balance and skill

Or they could just keep existing heroes as they are and not do any of that stupid stuff. Variable abilities on heroes isn't a good thing.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mercy resurrect charge time only increased by 30%

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Accuracy is a bad stat since infinite ammo means you should be spamming constantly anyway.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Theta Zero posted:

Well, that's true for any character.

There are plenty of characters in Overwatch who don't require good aim to do well on.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

How is there not a stat for extra damage done with discord orbs?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dugong posted:

I want to get better as Genji but there seems to be an instalock one on every team.

PTR is the best place to practice heroes. Nobody gives a poo poo.

Efexeye posted:

things I feel compelled to plink at as Mercy: Junkrat's tire, Tjorborn's turret, airborne Pharas, Bastion

things I feel compelled to plink at as Mercy: Everything

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

objects in mirror posted:

Since competitive came out I really wonder why anyone bothers to play Quick Play anymore...

In my experience quick play is a lot more chill and enjoyable than competitive.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Those people with insane playtimes are probably account sharing.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I must be crazy because most of my quick play matches are really good, just with less bitching and problems with leavers than competitive.

This is with most people in those games being in around 45-70 comp rank.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Verranicus posted:

You're sure sticking it to them.

It is in fact all right to not play a mode you don't find enjoyable.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

flashman posted:

Lol heaven forbid someone can kill Pharaoh with a bunch of hits while she has the mercy up her hole. It has to take at least four body shots to kill a pharmercy still while she's healing

Have you thought about shooting the mercy first?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

flashman posted:

Of course but it's not always possible and it's still 4 shots before you can kill the actual threat.

If it's a 2v1 situation of course it's going to be difficult

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

flashman posted:

I don't understand what you mean this isn't some 2v1 duel its a team fight over the objective. Who else is going to be doing damage to the flying pharah but the hitscan?

If there is a pharah with a mercy pocketing her that is causing problems there should probably be more than one person capable of hitting them on the team.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

playing 5 KOTH maps in a row would actually be a plus for me

there's just no universe in which playing 5 Hanamuras in a row is even remotely acceptable

Playing Hanamura once isn't acceptable

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Canemacar posted:

So killcams. Yay or nay? Can't decide if I should leave it on so I can see what habits get me killed(or shake my fist at the total bullshit), or disable them so I can follow the match better.

You can just skip the killcam if you don't want to watch it. No need to turn them off.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

they did on console, not pc, and probably for the same reason as they did torb's turrets

It's pretty weird though since I haven't seen anyone complain about Symmetra.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

D.va probably needs a small adjustment to the matrix but overall she's fine.

I have no idea what they are going to do with Mcree but this obviously isn't a good place for him.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

LCL-Dead posted:

D.Va is fine.
McCree is fine.
Hanzo is fine.

Git gud.

Stop complaining.

Hanzo is definitely not fine. There is like no point to him now that McCree got buffed to be a mid-range powerhouse and the head hitboxes got nerfed.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zoness posted:

to add to this, you want to kill people very quickly without giving them time to heal

Which is also a part of why McCree is so good. Unlike Soldier 76, McCree does his damage in bursts which makes healing more difficult.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

If you think this you absolutely suck at Tracer, and probably at those other heroes too, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt with them because I have less experience in those matchups.

Pull range, shoot her in the head. Your rewind resets freeze status and is basically a get-out-of-jail free card that you shouldn't really even need to use because you have blinks to stay out of the zone where she can freeze you in the first place.

You're more likely to die to a random icicle to the head than you are to get frozen as Tracer if you're playing her right.

You should probably read that post again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

nvm