Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
A friend of mine from high school is in town and staying with me.

He said he registered to vote for the first time because Trump repulses him and he wants to help beat him :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

If it's been posted I'll come back and delete this duplicate post but Nigel Farage, after championing the Brexit vote, is stepping down.

Burn the house down? Hell yeah! Stay around to clean up? Hell no!

Tubgoat posted:

You expected better from a Tory?

Phone posted:

I'm not terribly familiar with UK politics, but does Tory's motto have the word "responsibility" in it anywhere?

Nigel Farage is in UKIP, not the Conservative Party.

Boris Johnson was the main pro-Leave Tory, while David Cameron was the pro-Remain Tory.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Aliquid posted:

Why do people keep saying Farage is a tory? He appeals to old, working-class, racist, former Labour voters. His public image is a million miles away from Eton.

The referendum was called precisely because UKIP put an immense amount of pressure on the Tories from the right. UKIP never pulled anything close to as many Labour voters into the tent as they did Conservatives.

Here's a decent rundown of where their support comes from.

Rural England was never a Labour heartland.

gently caress the UK either way though it's the 4th.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Potato Jones posted:

(saved as This Motherfucker.png)

Absolutely anything at all can and will be justified in online comment sections.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

gradenko_2000 posted:

Isn't it within a private business owner's rights to refuse service to certain patrons, so long as the basis for the refusal isn't discrimination under a protected classification (which "being a Trump supporter" would not be)?

They're going to :qq: since bakers have to make cakes for gay weddings or w/e

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Jerkface posted:

Sorry if this has already been commented on, but just thinking back to my childhood, isn't a Sheriff's Star like...a normal 5 pointed star? Usually with little circles on the ends of the points?

Yeah lol

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
lmao

The shittiest apology in history from the most venal worm imaginable.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I can't wait to determine whether the present unleashed violence will 1) ratify my ideological assumptions or 2) ratify the assumptions of my political opponents.

That footage looks very frightening and I hope no goons have loved ones in harm's way.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
In a crazy Dallas twist, all three officers were killed by the same bullet.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/walshfreedom/status/751268398890229760

Thermidor

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Viral marketing for The Purge®: Election Year™ has gotten out of control.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Time to get tough on our troops.

ReidRansom posted:

In any case, here's your guy.

Now let's see what photos end up being used by the media.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The lesson from Dallas is clear: our troops are dangerous and have to be closely monitored.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

FAUXTON posted:

#bluelivesmatter vs #alllivesmatter would be a neat argument.

https://twitter.com/nickmullen/status/751251666410807296

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Aliquid posted:

What happened to four suspects shooting from four separate angles? That's what I went to sleep believing at like 2am.

They retreated behind a grassy knoll

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Remember in 2009 when Rich Poplawski's dog pissed on his mom's carpet so she left and called the cops on him and he thought it was Obamatroops coming to take MUH GUNS so he gunned them down (three dead) after posting about Obama and Jews on Stormfront and elsewhere all day

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

One of the biggest things we can do to improve policing is shift towards community-oriented policing. It's something I actually know a little about, having helped draft the manuscript for DoJ on the issue.

Can you link to a copy of that manuscript or a relevant research document? It's unclear to me exactly what community policing describes but would be interested to read something on the subject.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Grazie to zoux for description and Bi Now Gay Later for link.

But hey guys, a silver lining to the violence.

Gun stocks are Up, Up, Up!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

GreyjoyBastard posted:

At long last, the hour of Representative Daniel Webster has come!

It was his quixotic crusade in the Florida legislature, and he's only dialed it down a bit in the federal.

One Man and One Woman, Now and Forever, One and Inseperable.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

comes along bort posted:

Sarah Palin's former babysitter Nicole Wallace is interviewing Jeb! on noted hotbed of liberalism MSNBC and it's a showcase of two utter twits completely failing to understand why the riff raff have completely turned on them.

I hate the Bush family with all my heart and watching their simpering idiot bitch son squander hundreds of millions of dollars on a pathetic campaign of perpetual humiliation was utterly delicious to me. Imagine being such a loving failure.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Perhaps there could be some kind of...Ultimate Solution to the Palestinian problem.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

DemeaninDemon posted:

That's not free trade entirely. Hecla wants to gently caress over their workforce to maximize their bottom line. It's also the only middle class industry in the county that doesn't require a Dr prefix.

This example just hits close to home for me.

What are the chances of a strike?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
It would be nice to see some of the media people who melted down about Sanders never endorsing Clinton show some accountability and eat poo poo.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I think it's problematic that Clinton accepted the endorsement of a racist, sexist old white man.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Blago is back in the news...for his Elvis fanaticism.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

:perfect:

fang endorsement of trump pending in 3...2...1...

I guarantee that does not happen.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The New York Times published a Gerry Adams op-ed today on "Brexit and Irish Unity," a very powerful troll move given that it's Orangemen's Day

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
A propos of nothing but my favorite moment of this entire primary season was forums poster Mr Hootington posting a pic of "BBQ" from a GOP event in Iowa and it looked like a piece of utter poo poo.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Oh hell yeah I found it.

Mr Hootington posted:

All BBQ is better than Iowa BBQ.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Somebody's doing the raping.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The same party that is taking a stand against no fault divorce in its official Party Platform is nominating a Trump-Gingrich ticket. They've had seven (7) wives between the two of them.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Joementum posted:

Sorry Pokemasters, please keep off Robert E. Lee's lawn.

https://twitter.com/ArlingtonNatl/status/752959640816582656

...Here was the last ever to be seen of Knights and their Ladies Fair, of Pokemaster and of Pokeslave. Look for it only in geocaching apps, for it is no more than a dream remembered, a Civilization gone with the wind.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
It's not at all out of character. Recall his "joke" looking under the podium for WMDs that didn't exist during the White House Correspondents Dinner while American soldiers were getting hit with IEDs every day and Iraqis died by the thousands.

He's always been a disgusting frat boy.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Speaking of senility -

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/753090242203283457

The RBG cultists will be wrathful tomorrow morn.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Huckabee is a clown.

https://twitter.com/vicbergeriv/status/684484640606961668

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

RuanGacho posted:

Like I tacitly know they exist but I have a hard time imagining rank and file business Democrats, all I an imagine is Bloomberg types that have way more influence than any participant in democracy should reasonably have because of their wealth.

Think like, millennial marketing execs, socially liberal financiers, and women in all corporate settings. None of its universal obviously but there's plenty.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, "I will support the Democratic nominee for Congress in that district." ~ Andrew Cuomo, on Zephyr Teachout.

Speaking of....

It's the New York Post, so the headline is a slight exaggeration, but Cuomo Declines To Throw His Weight Behind Democrats' Bid To Retake State Senate.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The guy who became the Scumbag Steve meme is on Twitter now and has the only good take about the Trump-Ginsburg death race:

https://twitter.com/blakeboston617/status/753424585387900928

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Every liberal is such a pushover. No wonder people love Trump.

Also maybe uncritically worshipping a geriatric unelected barrister is not the best route forward for progressive politics, just a thought here.

• Locked thread