Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

LividLiquid posted:

Captain Worf should've happened.

"Captain Worf, we detected a ship approaching"

"PREPARE FOR RAMMING SPEED!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

There's only one star trek mug I would want

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

It’s a Hotjo travel mug with new stickers. You can pick one up on eBay for ~$20

Yeah but does it play "quarks is fun" everytime you drink from it?

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

TOS created the formula of professionals in the future encountering weird rear end poo poo and opening with hailing frequencies instead of phaser fire, TNG just perfected it

TOS has lots of cringey moments but it makes it up with really good characters and plots, and I love it when they reference this period as having an old school raygun aesthetic i wish they did it more

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Can ferengi grow beards cause that's the type to fly those ships

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Pascallion posted:

We met
in BATTLE
at Wolf

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Move Along Home is pretty dire

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxyYf5MXVSGZ6SpFe9W0rBCdQPNJHbGKr5

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

After the Sisko punches out Q a lot star trek silliness leaks away into political drama, thankfully Quark and family is there for some levity

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Thats what happens when your computer core runs on 3 easily removable bolts

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

I have a suspicion that old man Shatner has absolutely no idea what an en eff tee is.

At least after his last divorce he knows the value of horse cum

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

I could see Obrien being forcibly impregnated by an alien presence, prob a typical weekday for the guy

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Yeah its not bad, Riker has an incredible fight with an elderly man were he does a jumping high kick to the guys face

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

odo was basically eva braun

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Worf, dying: "Do you remember the day we spent together with the holographic datas in the old west?"

Alexander: "How could I forget, it was the only day..."

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

MikeJF posted:

It seems like the new 10ish-episode-season standard means they don't really have a choice.

why make 24 episodes a season when you can split it in half and have two seasons to stretch out the content

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

I just assumedGeordi didn't want play babysitter for old boomer that literally opened the warp core and stuck his face in it

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Jellico reduced my shift hours from 8 hours to 6, im getting so much time in at the holodeck, eat it Picard

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

I liked Georgiou, Michelle Yeoh brought enough charisma to make watching seasons 2 and 3 bearable and her ending was a decent couple of episodes. I wouldn't ever go back and watch them, but I'm going to see Everything Everywhere All At Once this weekend so I'm glad she's moved to much better things.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Janeway killing Tuvix is one those decisions that only makes me like her more. She didn't even need to do it, he was already a good tactical officer and better cook than Neelix.

Kinda like going back in time to change the past and kick the poo poo out of the borg with suped up weapons, Janeway did it because she could and the results would be hilarious.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

In the case for Riker its both, every week he uses up all his holodeck credits, and somehow bangs every sentient being on the ship.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

pike, sisko, archer

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

They look like werewolves under those helmets but that's never on screen, just that they're furry

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Garak after eating replicated delavian chocolates: "Tastes pretty good for poo poo!"

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

One thing I really like about the Enterprise in SNW is how maneuverable and fast it is, its a nice contrast to how earlier trek shows always take slow panning shots of the ships to emphasize how large they are, like the galaxy class. The new gorn episode especially has the Enterprise zipping around all over the place and it looks fantastic.
There are also some shots from really far away so the ship looks tiny compared to the vast background of space, like its this tiny silver fish exploring an enormous ocean. The only other trek that has similar shots is TOS funny enough.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Odo let Kira go even though she murdered that dude while she was in the resistance, guess his boner got in the way of his sense of justice

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

MillennialVulcan posted:

Driving a bit of a hike today, any Trek pod recommendations outside of Greatest, Mission Log or Rachel?

I like the podcast We Hate Movies take on their patreon called The Nexus, they do a double feature of one TOS and one TNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYu8MuDaOLo

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

I like SNW so much I even want watch the recaps, which is a nice change for star trek

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/HeathcliffBot/status/1544727956504956929?t=S9VxgdHoq0Ox-9cTRwEKOQ&s=19

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Hollismason posted:

The Garak Dukats daughter thing is loving creepy

If I remember right it was shoehorned in because the chemistry between Garak and Bashir was too gay

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Its really interesting scifi with some really cool visuals but in no way is TMP entertaining

Weird how much of phase 2 bled into other trek shows, Decker and Aliya are the proto Riker and Troi

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

He doesn't drink either but he can perform the act of drinking by shapshifting part of his body into a cup, presumably he could form an rear end in a top hat and torrent of poo poo

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Seriously, just give him an aging chip and weight gain algorithms its fine

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

This is like some mirror universe version of the original tv series that I need to see

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Federation arts and culture is two hologram ladies playing the harp on your end table which is already inferior to klingon acid punk

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Just stack this phaser on a bunch of crates pointing at the main engineering console

Actually I know some engineers they would totally do this

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Thats cause he had the muthafuckin lobes for business

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Just replace Neelix with Garfield and the role gets much better

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Star trekkin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU