Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I like the show but the way that they're already leaning so hard on pushing the bonus episodes is a bit much. You'd think their CIA George Soros Psi-Ops money would be enough for them to not be so hard up for cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I have to listen to Cum Town now, David Cross is only funny when he's owning himself.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

PostNouveau posted:

- The Scumbag! Good poo poo

Proposal: A podcast dedicated to pointing out and making fun of incredibly weird people on the internet.

Execution: 90 minutes of calling people sheep salmon for being sad when an actor dies.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

emdash posted:

@dril is the "iconic" one, and his list of follows won't steer you wrong. @dasharez0ne is great

Sometimes I wonder how differently things might have turned out for this site if it had catered to the weird twitter people instead of driving them away.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Ron Jeremy posted:

When I heard it I thought it was meant ironically.

You can read the whole article here, shadowcatboy white-knighting child rape is especially :stare:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Thom and the Heads posted:

Cum town is back baby!

"I've only read two comics: Maus and Spawn. One's about a guy who goes to hell, the other's about a guy who should go to hell. :hitler:"

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-l_cZm329E

Cum Town is good.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
As someone who doesnt really follow Twitter I thought that them saying people were accusing them of being funded by various government agencies and politicians was just a joke, because it was so ludicrous who could possibly believe that.

Then when GBS got shut down QCS was full of people who sincerely believed that the mods were Hillary staffers and they had closed it to silence dissent against her online, and then I realized of course there are people who believe that.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

emdash posted:

Yes, with some new or modified rules in place to (I hope) prevent it from becoming the de facto alt-right forum on SA

The QCS thread about the shutdown got over 150 pages of posts in two days, and a good amount of it is incredibly delicious tears from GBS about the grand Tumblr SJW Hillary China fat people conspiracy to silence them.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
"He's from Spain, you're using an Italian accent, and you named him Pierre? :raise:"

Cum Town best town.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
One of the McElroy bros does a medical history podcast with his doctor wife and after Hillary collapsed on 9/11 she did an episode on pneumonia that was mostly just an excuse to defend/shill for Hillary. At one point she argued that the founding fathers had smallpox and FDR had polio so if you criticise Hillary for being sick then you hate America and the fact that she was out there at all when she was sick shows how STRONG she is and :downswords:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

SousaphoneColossus posted:

the fact that professional dipshit Gary Johnson has at least quintuple the support of Stein should tell you something about the effectiveness of the Green Party's tactics and message

Stein would be way more entertaining if she too blew $30k on internet memes.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

uber_stoat posted:

Chapo:

Alt Right:

Please, you wish you could be as badass and cool as this army of failed Robotnik clones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YkWvIkED0s

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Bryter posted:

Reservoir Dogs would have been a much shorter film if the thieves had been as scared of cameras as Matt Forney is

This is rape.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
In addition to the Democracy Donkey, the White Russian will now be known as the Cumskin Cocktail #resistance

MikeCrotch posted:

Reminder that a central scene in the film is Adam Sandler being unable to rape a woman in the shower because he'd have to take his shoes off

Do they ever show what happens if he puts on a woman's shoes? Because by far the most implausible thing about that film is the idea that a cobbler is putting on a pair of a his customer's shoes isn't so he can jerk off in/on them.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Wow look at how stupid these chuds are for falling for an obvious fakepost

*falls for an obvious fakepost*

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

So is it less that he made some statements about it so much as it's just being pointed out that this poo poo is loving with his career?

The running theme of the year has been that winning the culture war was what they wanted after all and that even though they "won" the election it has only made them more ostracised and mocked.

The cry of triumph from /r/The_Donald on election night was "how does our dick taste?" and it turns out they really are crying becsuse nobody is actually blowing them now.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Queer Eye for the Hate Guy

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i like when people spell it like the stupid scooter

Sneak peak

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Halloween Jack posted:

Do...do we need to talk about thot? When do we need to talk about it?

What's the point of thot when ho already exists and is shorter. Do we really need a whole new word just to be more specific about the relative proximity of a ho?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The story of how the production of that movie was brought to a halt by the workers organizing is inspiring and has a hilarious self-own from the producers at the end.

http://deadline.com/2016/07/in-search-of-liberty-constitution-movie-shut-down-crew-joins-union-iatse-1201784410/

quote:

That Monday was a holiday, but the union set about to make sure the company wouldn’t be able to find “scabs” to replace the striking students. After word came back to organizers the company was looking for replacements, they told local IATSE members to go ahead and accept the jobs — with the understanding they would not show up for work.

“They were dark Tuesday and Wednesday,” Harbinson said, “and they finally issued call sheets for Thursday. And then the wheels came off. They had 70 extras and a band and a camera crane all set for a big day of shooting, and they were very smug thinking they’d beaten these kids.”

It didn’t take long for the film’s producers to realize they’d been punked, and that no one was going to show up to take the strikers’ jobs — even though some of the “scabs” they’d thought they’d hired had been promised five times what the original crew had been making.

On Thursday, the company shuttered the production. “The union is shutting the production down and we will not be filming anytime in the foreseeable future,” the company told the crew in an email yesterday. “We appreciate your effort over the past couple of days, and you will be paid for the rate agreed upon for the days you were on board.”

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

sexpig by night posted:

I really hope the next movie they do a deep dive for is some crazy Christian schlock like God's Not Dead.

It has all the dumb 'my teacher says Jesus is a big fart and only idiots believe in him' and 'whaaaa, just who is this Jesus fellow???' stuff but hilariously the hate the writers have for everyone else is so much more overt. Like, in movies like this they just kinda wink and dance around 'well gee son maybe our black mayor LIKES antifa and DOESN'T like the constitution very much...' but in God's Not Dead they just overtly cackle as they give a non-believer cancer as punishment for failing to respect the duck dynasty guy and smugly explain how maybe that's just God punishing them for being so mean.

God's Not Dead is like The Room of terrible evangelical movies, it's so well-known and well-trodden that really what can you say about it that hasn't already been said?

American Carol was kind of fun during the Obama years but now that conservatives are back to their "you MUST respect the office of the president even if you don't agree with him" mantra it's just a sad parade of dead and disgraced actors you probably had genuine affection for at some point spouting garbage. It's like going to Thanksgiving with grandparents who went crazy from Fox News, only your grandpa is Leslie Nielsen.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Complaining about Chapo not doing enough to advance left politics in America is like complaining that Mystery Science Theater 3000 doesn't do enough to create quality cinema.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Also you know bananas are the result of millennia of selective breeding and domestication by humans to the point where they can only proliferate via cultivation from clippings since we bred the seeds out of them so it's actually a great illustration of evolution.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

KirbyKhan posted:

Addendum: Live FPlus is p good on their annual live episodes. They perform the poo poo out of internet excerpts and use the performance in fun gimmicky ways.

BLOW

UP

THE

MOOOOOOOON

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Jeffrey Dahmer posted:

I dunno what Ambers problem with Felix is, but its so loving cringeworthy.

Unsure what she contributes except talking over people.

Oh, that's right, she makes it not a boys club.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM4bNcHBAgk

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I'm not a gamer because I have no life.

I'm a gamer because I choose to have many.

And all of them are whiny pissbabies who post up a storm at anyone critiquing my personality built around consuming media.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I wish NRA lobbying hadn't made it illegal for the CDC to study gun violence, the stats about the amount of fuckery caused by edc dorks falling down or dropping or sitting on their own poo poo are probably wonderful.

Also it always seemed kind of self-defeating because if you ever did find yourself in a situation where you genuinely needed to defend yourself the fact that you walk around with a small arsenal of poo poo designed and marketed around how good it is at killing people is going to make it incredibly difficult to argue that you weren't looking for a fight or premeditated.

pseudosavior posted:

I love that the response to this gigantic shitshow was not "we need better initial planning" or "we need better firefight tactics" or "we need to learn how to aim a weapon properly" but "we need to be able to fire EVEN MORE, LARGER BULLETS, FASTER".

The story of how tasers were developed and became adopted by police is a pretty funny too. Like at one point they were testing using tranquilizer darts and they found out that whoops it was either too slow to actually be useful or it would just kill people.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Gorka sighed as he unsheathed his tactical umbrella.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Huge Assman? Gash Whedon? There is no amount of irony that makes this poo poo acceptable, jfc

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Clipperton posted:

I liked Chronicle and Dirk Gently

He only co-wrote the former and the latter was an adaptation of an existing book/show.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
C.H.A.P.O.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I love the Cop Logic in Patton's story about the guy investigating child abductions. Children aren't spending their days wandering the earth unsupervised anymore and child abductions are much lower, obviously they're lower because us cops are so dang smart and good and working so hard and those ungrateful kids aren't appreciating it by going feral like my generation did!

GalacticAcid posted:

Any time someone brings up the szechuan sauce thing, I become enraged anew.

With all the horrible and stupid poo poo in the world I know it's perfectly irrelevant but something about it just irks me like no other.

Same, in that so many middle-aged dorks are still harping on an entire generation based on something that a few dozen lovely teens and college students did half a year ago. All of those people have long since moved on and grown up a little along the way while they're still punching down on a tired old meme that nobody cares about anymore.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Also like a lot of podcasts that touch on mythology and the paranormal half the hosts are True Believers and the rest are so dedicated to kayfabe that they may as well be and the show suffers for it. It's not as annoyingly breathless as something like Lore but it is still annoying, especially when as other people mentioned they think nothing of cracking wise and making light of real atrocities.

It's still better than Sword and Scale at least.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Motto posted:

love to read a screenshot of a tweeted photograph of a text

Love to laugh about people on Twitter getting outraged over a single line from Chapo taken out of context and then get really mad about a single line from a book someone posted on Twitter sans context.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Alex Jones giving his epic rant about how he eats meat because he's a man enters the teleporter pod with a depressed old woman who swears doctors are frauds because her grandma smoked like a chimney and lived to her 90s, barbara ehrenreich stumbles out the other end tiredly mumbling about how she eats butter because she's not going to live forever.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

MonsieurChoc posted:

This is what the term Social Justice Warrior was originally coined for, before being co-opted by the right into being anyone to the left of the Republicans.

Um, actually that word means "ignorant person".

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

prefect posted:

I don't know if I'll ever get tired of Polack jokes. :allears:

You're going to love today's episode of what A Time To Be Alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Chapo hate cops so there's no way they'd side with the only fandom in SA that are such cops they made the mods add a special rule outlawing making fun of them.

Anime watchers are the Alamo Drafthouse of posters.