Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

So this game is still not worth money, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Ended up buying the game, going to start in a few. How do I get other goons free poo poo by clicking links or whatever?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm on the bone, if that matters. Finally installed everything

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The music in this game is cool, I'm having fun shooting mooks in the face.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I know it was said before, but what's a goon-approved way to farm engrams and increase my LL? I assume I don't want to waste glimmer and other mats on scrub gear or things I just don't like the feel or function of.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

xzzy posted:

Just play the game.. do strikes, do archon's forge, do crucible. Use any reputation boosters you get to get more faction rank ups.

Awesome, thanks. I'm finishing the story first, just wanted to see what might help after that. Strikes look really fun to me. Patrols are cool.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Put in for clan and slack, as always pubs are bad/inconsistent. Been doing strike playlists and enjoying the poo poo out of that, I guess I should try pvp now that I have a better grasp on everything.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

How do you do the sparrow racing?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You gotta be born with it in your blood

NOS?

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

You can only do it in private matches now, it was a limited time event in matchmaking.

xzzy posted:

But amusingly if you didn't finish your Dawning book, you can still get credit for the SRL entries in private matches.

Good to know.

Is anyone doing strikes tonight and don't mind a scrub goon tagging along? I'm at LL296 so far, so I'm getting along.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Oryx fight was something, fucks sake.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Goddamn that's mesmerizing to watch.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I pm'd my email and linked my account for the slack/clan stuff, when do you all normally do things? Pubbing it has been pretty hit or miss, mostly miss.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Kin posted:

Cool, I'll add you tomorrow, I'm gmt though so there might not be too much overlap for time.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The slack admin suffered a pretty bad injury yesterday. As soon as his rear end recovers and he's able to sit in front of his computer again I'm sure he'll get you squared away.

No rush, I appreciate it. poo poo I hope he recovers well, major injuries suck and throw off so much important poo poo that is important to just make ends meet.

All of these gifs are amazing.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

*puts on white doctor overcoat* I'm looking at his chart and *deep sigh and slight frown* it's not looking good. As you can see his condition took a dramatic turn for the worse recently and I'm not seeing any immediate signs of improvement. It's clear he's still suffering from a massive case of Butthurt.

Looks like his fine motor functions are ok though. Small miracles, heil Baphomet.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Picked up bad juju from xur, it's the first really good feeling primary I've gotten and it just keeps getting better. Going to have a lot more time tonight to do stuff too.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lexorin posted:

Why are people consistently bad at Fallen S.A.B.E.R.? All you have to do to start it is defend a warsat, just stay in the loving ring! But oh no, first sign of trouble and they run to the hills (literally) and we get hosed because I'm the only one defending the damned thing so the counter goes up super slow and we get overwhelmed.

Oh, right... pubbies. All I want is a stupid sleeper simulant

I need to run that tonight too, I'll be on in a couple hours after the kids go to bed if you want to run then.

Dropped a matador in supremacy today and got a wizard from the quest, goddamn now I see why you all love vooping poo poo.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lexorin posted:

This was good advice, I went with a sword and that seemed to help a lot. Thanks!

I managed to finish it, but I'm more than happy to help! I'm on PS4, same name as here feel free to add me.

Ah drat, I'm on the bone. I may have to pub it :negative:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Just ask some bros in slack, there's a bunch of newer players who do PvE

Cool, will do. Thanks!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Finished Saber with pubs, now to get a nice legendary pulse. I just want to laser poo poo now.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Considering in their march song it's pronounced the way we all do, I'd say someone lied to you at some point. Also, they are derived from the British Grenadiers, pronounced the same way. Namaste.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Well in the Midwest it's not pronounced at all because we're too busy loving or cousins.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Christ that guy is whiny as gently caress. I got to where he went on his "people are playing better/smarter" part and couldn't do it anymore.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Exotics in every slot, weaponized sparrows, space euchre

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Punishing shotgun rushers with fusions is so much fun. Only problem I'm really having is that I feel like I'm banging my head into a wall trying to get to/past 350LL.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

haveblue posted:

There's a big chart somewhere of what activities you should do at this point, but generally you'll want to take a break from PVP and run strikes, archon's forge, and any leftover campaign missions/quests.

Thanks, I think I still have that bookmarked actually. Gonna be an all nighter so RoI and strikes sound fun.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

the good fax machine posted:

How many strange coins do you have?

33, hopefully more after tonight's marathon

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

the good fax machine posted:

Tomorrow you are going to spend them all on three of coins from xur. If you need some heavy ammo too, that's fine, but there are other ways of getting it. As others have said, run some strikes and do your ROI missions. Pop a three of coins for every strike, and hang on to any exotic engrams you get for now. The best way to make use of these is to decrypt when you have one specific slot holding you back. For example, if all of your highest equipped gear is above 350 but your special weapon is 342, it's time to decrypt the exotic special you've been holding onto. You'll keep getting blue engrams up to 365 doing normal strikes, and Archon's Forge will drop up to 385 guns/armor and up to 400 ghost/class item/artifact. Use crucible/vanguard rep boosters if and when you get them. Rep packages decrypt up to 390, and you also have the added bonus of being able to choose if you want a weapon etc., so even though it's still rng, you have a better chance at filling that slot you need. You can also hold onto these packages for a little bit if you need to, but be aware that you can only hold one at a time so make sure to cash them in before the next level ticks over. As you know Iron Banner is this week, this is also an excellent way to get higher level gear but you're limited to what will drop for that particular week. Don't burn yourself out on it, but definitely play it when one of those items happens to be one of your lowest level slots. It might also be a good idea to hold onto legendary engrams and use them the same way I described using exotics, at least until you're up near 385. You can also do this with blues, but it's only going to work for a little while longer as you're nearing 365. Hold onto treasure keys when you get them, and keep a list handy of what strike drops which item. Use these when the strike drop matches your lowest slot. Finally, and it probably goes without saying, always have your highest level gear equipped when decrypting. And try to do the same when finishing strikes, though I know it's easy to forget to do.

Awesome, thanks. I had planned on getting a bunch of ToC, and have been wearing my highest light when decrypting, did enough IB to fill out my weak slots and get plenty of marks. Didn't know about great and strikes though, that's great to know. I appreciate the advice.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

ABGD: Your PvE autism is leaking into PvP stuff and I'm starting to doubt your commitment to bone krew

Speaking of, can I get an invite or am I not seeing it on mobile?

BattleTech posted:

Run crota for energy, turn it into motes at the speaker, dump those motes into faction level ups until you hit you hit 390.

Neato

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Apply again, i cleaned out a few inactive players so should have room

Done.

Strikes are being rewarding tonight.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

texaholic posted:

Make sure you do Shiro's quest and bounties, you get a new set every week. 3000 vanguard rep not counting the patrols you complete while doing his quest, more with a vanguard rep class item. It also gives you alot of motes/strange coins/planetary resources. You can complete the quest/shiro bounties in under an hour if you get lucky with the patrols. Pop into archons forge while passing it in patrol. I have really good luck just using whatever offering I have, someone normally shows up within a minute or so to bang out some forge.

Alright, even more knowledge, I really appreciate it from you all.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mikey-San posted:

supremacy is a thing in both so

:drat:

Followed the advice given and jumped from 346 to 354 or so last night. I'm not getting my poo poo pushed in by heroics now.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Well that sucks. Do you have to register as a cyber bully and put a sign in your yard so the parents of pubbies know to be aware?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Rifled QuickDraw Perf Bonus Saldin's (no RF)

http://i.imgur.com/HyPpKZh.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/liOoMBh.gifv

Bladedancer Bane

http://i.imgur.com/XzRvSOB.gifv

Extremely Aggressive Fusion Play/Rampage with Garrison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiex_W-U1A0

Art in motion

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The rimed armor pieces, do they get stats upon upgrading or are they just pretty princess stuff?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Angry Walrus posted:

They get stats, just like the Spektar and Taken gear from the old Sterling Treasures.

Ah, had no idea about those either, I just picked the game up this past month. Are the stats for int and whatever random, or fixed with unlocking the node? I'm trying to decide if I want to upgrade them. My Google-fu was weak, please berate me as needed.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Gotcha, thanks for all that. Makes sense now!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Does anyone do ToO carries or want to teach some raid stuff? I want to learn more, the gifs in here are pretty useful too.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lmao if you don't think there's a now a legit chance of a severe economic crisis brought on by trade war or a total breakdown in the social contract, head to the gun shop and look for a sick roll on an AR

Did that last year, good for pve and pvp.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I much prefer playing against really good players rather than the redbar bullshit assclowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

MLG art in motion

• Locked thread