Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Just tuned in.

Have they done the same as the RNC, and just been piledriving Trump over and over again? Or is Hillary's name coming up more than Donalds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Nitrousoxide posted:

For the most part it's been what Hillary's policies are and why people should vote for her. Some occasional jabs at trump.

That sounds about the normal level. I was just wondering if it would descend into the same thing it had in the RNC, where the word size map had Hillary as the biggest thing there, and zTrumps name as big as his hands.

THey don't have to completely fail to talk about Trump, just not fail to talk about Hillary. And it sounds like they're definitely doing that.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
...was that a quote from Jon Oliver?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Nitrousoxide posted:

Jesus lady calm down.

Look, they needed someone to match Rudy Giulliani's intensity.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Are people loving booing the woman talking about how her daughter's life was ruined by addiction and her grandchild almost got taken away?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Wait, who?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

talking about mental illness is absolutely somethingt hat didn't get brought up last week

Nothing got brought up last week except jailing muslims and Democrats and throwing out mexicans.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea I wouldn't say it's the most 'proper' thing for mid convention but hey gently caress it she's good and the room could use more tunes.

gently caress proper convention ettiquette if it means people can't enjoy themselves occasionally.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Tatum Girlparts posted:

oh yea, totally agree there, just totally didn't expect a sudden burst of song from a speaker.

I hope other people do this. HAve Bryan Cranston do his speech, then do an endorsement of Hillary as LBJ.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Tatum Girlparts posted:

is she still? I heard she was in the hospital recently for some serious sounding poo poo.

Apparently she's still on.

And Sarah was always more pro-Bernie than anti-Hillary, so the transition should be pretty easy for her.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Okay, what the hell were they yelling before?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
What is everyone watching this on? I'm watching Twitch and it feels like its significantly behind what you're reacting to.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
KAy, thats got it.

This kid is adorable.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Dude had to catch himself from saying Make America Great.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TyrantWD posted:

It's like they are purposely trying to give Republican voters a heart attack.

Nah, if they were doing that they'd have Collins lover introduce him.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

matureaudiencesonly posted:

I was typing too many words on the internet and missed it, but who was the other guy on the stage with him?
His twin brother.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Okay, so how long did it take them to stop booing Hillary and start booing an actual Republican?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I hope that no-one backstage knew who that guy was, and it turns out he's just something the DNC spontaneously created - a hipster business advocate who is highly pro-LGBT rights.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Well that was dreck.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Something tells me he is not going to go positive in this speech,

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Okay, seriously, what in the hell was that?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I stepped out after Al Franken and Sarah Silverman died on stage. What happened then?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Holy gently caress. A military widow scammed by the opposing candidates phony university.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

bigperm posted:

Corey Booker gave the speech of a loving lifetime.

Well poo poo. Booker 2024 I guess.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

FAUXTON posted:

You must have missed when they played clips of him making GBS threads on disabled reporters before bringing out a disabled daughter of immigrant parents who gave a hell of a speech.

....wow. How in the hell do they manage to find people so perfect?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Wonder if she'll reference Melania ripping her off.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Uhh, Michelle, Barack isn't running anymore. Stop selling him.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Are they loving yelling "we want the jew?"

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm still hearing "we want the jew"

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Took him long enough.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So the big takeawy from the first day of both conventions was Michelle Obama's speech.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Someone absolutely needs to pair this with the Thor's Hammer scene from Age of Ultron.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Gio posted:

The way I see it, progressives will get hosed one way or the other because there is no way HRC is more than a one-term president, meaning 2020 will be another Republican wave allowing them to again redraw district lines in their favor. She's a loving awful candidate lucky to be running against a bloviating moron like Trump.

The way I see it, you're a loving idiot.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

straight up brolic posted:

Man for all the poo poo that went down today, tonight was about as good as it gets.

Don't count Bill's speech out yet. Remember, he's speaking not just as a former president and great orator, but as the person who has been Hillary's partner, friend and lover for more than 40 years.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
What the gently caress is with the puppet the guy behind the Indiana representative?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Is anyone keeping a running total?

Koalas March posted:

yeah I keep hoping that some Bernie Bros start something because this is a snoozefest

Its a roll call. What the hell did you expect?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Has anyone thrown Martin O'Malley a delegate yet?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Kinda hosed we never had a native american in congress before

Native American woman.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mel Mudkiper posted:

still pretty hosed

But not as hugely hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Goddamn the woman in frame here has some Bachmann eyes.

• Locked thread