Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i can't seem to master that purple electricity ball gimmick in Titanic Monarch

It's the exact same mechanic as one of the Sonic 3 bonus stages. Hit the button when you're in the direct center of the ball to get the most speed in whichever direction you're spinning. You can hold a direction button to change the angle it'll spit you out at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

I mean I saw people call the Hardboiled Heavies "too much" so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

Those people are wrong, the Hardboiled Heavies own.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

i found Unleashed to be basically unplayably bad in both level design and also framerate regardless of whether it was a day or night stage

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Jarogue posted:

You can try to buy things with normal Rings that your Chao finds but if you want to raise them right you going to need to buy some Red Rings

5 for $1
10+1 free $3.99
20+5 free $7.99
100 + 25 free & rare egg 39.99 (Best Value!)

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

If this game is just CTR with Sonic I will buy it immediately.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Perhaps I am just a dumb idiot, but what are the controls for the pinball bonus mode? D-pad doesn't seem to do anything, so I'm curious if it's only ABXY that control it. If so, that seems... bad.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Frankston posted:

You can use the shoulder buttons to control the flippers as well, feels a lot more natural.

gently caress, I hadn't even thought of trying that. Thank you.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Encore DLC has so far been worth the £4 or so I paid for it, no regrets.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Barudak posted:

Chao Garden is trash and it surprises me to this day anyone actually played that mode.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

It's no use!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Takoluka posted:

Amy's coming to Smash. We're lacking in cute pink things with hammers.

:yeah:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Shadowlyger posted:

Extremely rude to just ignore Kirby like that.

A single cute pink thing with a hammer is not enough. If I can't beat the poo poo out of Sonic while playing as Amy then what is even the point?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Macaluso posted:

All the degenerates putting Silver in anywhere but the bottom part of their lists

It's no use!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Linear Zoetrope posted:

https://gematsu.com/2019/03/next-major-sonic-the-hedgehog-title-in-development

They confirmed the next Sonic exists but literally nothing about it, which seems like a rather pointless announcement but there ya go.

If it's not Sonic Mania 2 then what is even the point

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Zelder posted:

I keep asking for another chu chu rocket and God won't listen

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

I just want Sonic mania 2....

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Give us Mania 2 you cowards!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Sonic Mania 2 please god that's all I want in my life right now

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Dabir posted:

I died from time in Carnival Night 2. Never did in Marble Garden but I could see it happening.

Couldn't figure out that barrel, huh?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Sandopolis is one of the few zones I legit cannot remember where any of the special stage rings are. I've looked up guides numerous times and I still cannot find those loving things.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Sonic 2 has the worst special stage of all of the 2D games and will never be the best game because of it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Blue Spheres own actually and are the best special stages.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

S2 special stages also entirely gently caress you if you're playing with AI Tails. That alone is an immediate point against it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Takoluka posted:

Sonic fans can't seem to decide what Sonic games they want, so I'm sure Sonic Team struggles to even consider what direction to take things in.

What do people want more? Adventure 3? A Rush successor? Mania 2? Sonic and the Black Knight sequel? Chao Garden Mobile Game? There's a huge number of people who unironically Big the Cat fishing. It's tough.

Mania 2. That's literally all I want.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

now that it's released petition to update the thread title to Crusader Kings III tia

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

People who hate Chao are the scum of society

big scum reporting in

they were dumb and boring and i will never understand the appeal

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

elf help book posted:

Cavegirl Amy :swoon:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Larryb posted:

On that note, is there an adblocking app for mobile devices that actually works?

Blokada

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

I just hope the new Monkey Ball game turns out okay.:smith:

It's just a remake of 1/2/Deluxe, yeah? Those are and will forever be the best Monkey Balls so unless they really do something to gently caress it up I have high hopes.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

But that’s just a theorizing… a Game Theorizing.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Release the Taxman ports on Switch and call it a day.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Larryb posted:

Good things about 06:

-Blaze
-The music
-Shadow kicking Silver in the head

That’s about it as I recall

IT'S NO USE!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Simply Simon posted:

Mania is the best Sonic game by a frankly insane margin

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Looper posted:

and yet sonic forces also features infinite, so who can truly say whether it's good or bad

sonic forces is a game of contrasts

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

sonic origins isn't real

you take that back

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Shadow would basically just be DarksydePhil

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Saralene posted:

If anyone really wants to try out Sonic 1 and 2 mobile versions on PC I'd suggest Sonic 1 Forever and Sonic 2 Absolute, which are based on the decompilation efforts. They do get rid of the HPZ entrance that was added to mobile Sonic 2 by default though and have been weird about that (they moved it somewhere else I think), though I think there's a mod to switch that back somewhere. For SCD just use the Steam version and mod the heck out of it.

S1F and S2A both own pretty hard.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Palmtree Panic posted:

The replacement S3 tracks really blow. I even played the S&K collection on PC back in the day & the tracks were more tolerable then.

The super theme is one of the worst things I've ever heard in a sonic game. It's awful.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Looking forward to Cybershell doing another gently caress you sega run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

I am still surprised people hate the Sonic 2 special stages. I was able to get Super Sonic pretty early on as a kid.

Sonic 1 are terrible, and I am not sure if I ever got them all back in the 90s.

Sonic 2 defaults you to Sonic and Tails and he will gently caress you out of all of your rings on top of needing extra if you do the special stages together like that. It's orders of magnitude easier if you're just Sonic or Tails alone.