Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
If Aloha Raichu can't learn Surf I will be so angry.

Also all the pokemon are supremely good and my friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Combine all the Ultra Beasts with your very own Type: Null to get the ULTIMATE CHIMERA LEGENDARY POKEMON.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Sort by Route

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

The Great Burrito posted:

I know this is probably a long standing complaint, but how come becoming the champion doesn't mean anything? When you refight the elite 4 they're all "the champion is waiting". Like why bother making that something you can earn if you actually don't. Even just omitting the champ on refights or having some variation of "<character name>! I'm here to reclaim my title!".

Yes this has bothered me since RBY

Nobody ever said it was a Title match to be that region's champion. It's just for the rights to be a Pokemon League(tm) Champion and you get a cheap 10 pokedollar plastic certificate with a cheap mass produced mug that says "I'M A CHAMP"

Read the fine print.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Sandile is good and far better than his evolutions. So maybe there's truth to bipedals being bad.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I just realized the equivalent of Pokemon flashbangs are basically just tossing pokemon into a room and having them use Flash.

Magnemite is the swiss army knife of PokeSWAT.

The Lord of Hats posted:

I wonder how magnemite would be as a pet. I mean, obviously they're adorable, but in a tactile sense what would it be like having a metal pet? Would giving your magnemite a good polish be as satisfying as petting a cat?

I'd like to think yeah. You probably don't want it near your computer harddrives/monitors though???

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Make sure to give your Honedge a good jock butt slap after every successful pokemurder.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Zore posted:

I feel like going by BST gives some pokemon a huge advantage over others though. Pokemon with good stat allocation (Scizor for example) are worth less than things like Goodra, Metagross or Hydreigon. Or more blatantly Articuno, Moltres or Entei.

Like I get banning or limiting Legendaries but ability, movepool and typing play a huge role in what pokemon are good and bad.

Instead of BST someone should clearly just come up with straight up tabletop wargame point allocation rules for teams. Like a magikarp would be a single point, while a good legendary would be something like 15 or so. Add in modifiers for certain moves/ movesets.

But obviously coming up with a good set of point totals for 700+ pokemon and moves is way more work than just using what currently exists and mostly fine.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Geostomp posted:

I can only imagine the reason they don't let us do that or just have on-the-go Box access is because they want to keep the whole feel of long areas being endurance tests. That and it'd basically be the same as instant full party heals. It's still annoying that you can't check on something you've caught until you backtrack to a Pokemon Center.

On-the go box access would not be great. But when you capture a pokemon deciding on whether to box it or replace a mon probably wouldn't be terribly broken. Capturing a pokemon at full health is extremely rare. If anything it would make heal balls far more useful.

Maybe make heal balls slightly more expensive to prevent full on abuse?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Gammatron 64 posted:

I really like alligators \ crocodiles and turtles in general, so I tend to gravitate towards them I think. They're super cool animals.

For an animal with a brain the size of a golf ball, gators are way, way smarter than you would expect. They are literally able to learn words and do things on command, have been observed engaging in play, and are caring parents, things that are all almost unheard of in reptiles. They are also more closely related to birds and dinosaurs than they are to any other living reptiles. And they are such a good design that they have remained relatively unchanged for over 200 million years. It's very possible that they were among the very first animals to ever care for their young, so a crocodile might be the original mommy.

There you go Pokemon thread, you may have learned something today because someone reminded me that Totodile is a thing and I like Totodile. I should be a Pokemon Prof.

Also invented the Crocodile Rock, the very first dance ever known to man.

pretty hosed up elton john stole it for a song

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Shneak posted:

Torkoal is not desperate enough to befriend that creature.

Torkoal is probably too busy hanging out and chilling in his sweet hotsprings

if i could replace a water heater with a Torkal, i would do it instantly

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Geostomp posted:

I just want to know why, of all pokemon, did they choose the rock rhino as a racing mount? Why use this thing obviously built for strength and defense instead of speed when we have tons of other similarly sized ones better suited for that?

Is there some portion of the race that requires climbing a sheer rock wall? Smashing through walls? Crossing fire? The possibilities are endless and yet nothing. Your XY mom was a famous racer of spiky rock rhinos and that had no impact on anything.

Probably has some roots in Ban'ei racing?

Have an anime video about Ban'ei
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyeEbiJV-yk

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Zuzie posted:

I think the only snakes that could be native to Hawaii are sea snakes. Gaining the Water type is plausible but kind of boring. So maybe Dragon/Poison?

I kind of also want to see a Tentacool that got trapped in a freshwater lake where they became Water/Grass due to developing a symbiotic relationship with algae.

Tentanice, the caring tentacled lakemom/dad who uses their tentacles to pet the heads of up to 80 pokemon at once

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Gumshoos should be able to fuse with Aloan Clawitzer to create the greatest pokemon

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
What if instead of you fusing with pokemon, the pokemon fused with each other to create other cool pokemon. Fuse all of a gens starters into something dumb, fuse the dumb R/S/E paired pokemon. Fuse Ditto with other mons to create Bigger Better Ditto. Combine a bunch of legendaries to get King Jack Frost

(only available in double and triple battles)

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
everybody knows that Ash-Ditto is the new meta for Pokeman Sun Moon

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I hope when you fuse pokemon in Pokemon Gemini and Cancer, they have pokemon fuse by just stretching Pokemon 1's existing model onto Pokemon 2's skeleton and randomly choosing a pallet of colors from the two.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Kelp Plankton posted:

Every mystery dungeon game tells me I'm a Squirtle so I must be a Squirtle

Same, but mudkip

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I can't believe they decided to make all multi battles into Pokemon Mystery Dungeon boss battles

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Torterra is my friend and crushes all fire-types with his sick Earthquakes and rad Tree

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
what if you buy two copies of the game and then you can have two different teams of six

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
They are pokemon that have evolved to use their surrounding sludge as both camouflage and a weapon against their prey/predators.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

oddium posted:

what if the class has to watch all of ash's league failures as part of the coursework

Professor Oak reveals that he's been recording all of Ash's gym battles and has the class learn the fine art of just juicing your pikachu on electric steroids to own an Onix and Rhydon.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

Just noticed that Olivia only has 3 pokemon. I wanna hope this is just because she might be early in the game but I feel like the dream of fighting against a full team of Pokémon is dead :sigh:

don't worry you will fight a full team of pokemon.

it's aloan magikarp guy

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I forget bug's strengths and weaknesses because I think at least half of bug's strengths/weaknesses make no loving sense

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Leech Life to 120 BP heals 100%

Bug Type Supremacy

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
in a shocking twist, ground/flying.

Dugtrio's hair provides only the finest in lift.

also, I hope you can style Dugtrio's hair like FurFrou

OneDeadman fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 19, 2016

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

This is the one Uranium poke I like.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Psyduck looking in awe as Pikamario loving kills qwilfish

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
also i literally forgot Qwilfish existed

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Maybe it's grass/ghost because it steals souls from the rich and gives to the poor

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Senerio posted:

it does confirm, though, that Emboar is the far superior fire wrestlepokemon, because it has type advantage over Incineroar.
Well duh Faces beat Heels

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Captain Fargle posted:

I HAVE TO SEE GRUMPY ADULT RED DO THE CATASTROPIKA DANCE SO BAD HOLY poo poo.

Also jesus loving christ Cynthia. Woman is committed to that look. Wearing black fur. In Hawaii.

Unless she's hiding a Vanniluxe in her bra or something all your battles with her are just going to end after one round when she collapses with heatstroke.

Cynthia is actually an Ice-Type pokemon

Also, Yes I need to see adult red loving toss that pikachu

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Hoot-oot and Pidgey are both good birds

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Upon learning that Stealth Earth is a bad name, they changed it to ice type and called it Stealth Ice

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I hope the final boss of the Battle Tree is actually Dark Matter from Super Mystery Dungeon

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Shneak posted:

Ooh, that's a great question. Fire, on the other hand, is not great.

umm... that's it? Can I just give away my badges instead?
This is me but with Magcargo

also my real gym theme would be Wobuffet and his Unevolved Children

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Zore posted:

stantler's nose is very offensive.

Yeah if you hate magnificent jowels

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
They made all pokemon slow to test you to see if you really love your pokemon