Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol at p. much everything in this gif

drat i didn't know Jeb! Bush did action movies back then

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

FMguru posted:

algal biodiesel is a ways off but it will get here eventually

another possibility: cheap electricity (from renewables) + water = hydrogen fuel

it doesn't even have to be electricity, i remember like 13 years ago hearing about some way to design nuclear power plants in such a way that some of the excess heat could be used to generate hydrogen

given a sufficient energy surplus, would it be possible to just synthesize gasoline with carbon from the atmosphere?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

does anyone else look at that and think the rear end in a top hat would probably even renege on the promised "full credit"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Jonny 290 posted:

modern lgbt culture.flv :xd:

??????? idgi :confused:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

NoneMoreNegative posted:

gently caress youse, and youse, and youse; alla youse.

"now, she will love me"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

News flash fucko posted:

tuesday afternoon my dudes

what happened?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

i can;t deal w/ those eyebrows

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

oh jesus why does that man have an Avaya phone on his desk :gonk:

literally one of my earliest memories is watching star trek: the next generation with my family. i grew up watching that show. i still love the show (even if it's goofy as gently caress)

i still can't bring myself to see the value in paying for a picture like this. to me, a picture with someone is a reminder (or proof) that you did in fact meet someone and talk to them. it's cool to see yourself next to them, i guess, but the real value was in getting the chance to talk to them and interact with them as human beings rather than just watching their image.

and, hell, i can even understand the one-on-one pictures. my understanding is that you'll sometimes get a few moments to talk with the person before being shuffled along, and i can understand wanting that fleeting moment where the person who made an important character come to life for you is acknowledging you. i got that when i got Maurice LaMarche's autograph a couple years ago. he was really cool and it was rad as hell.

but the whole group like that? i find it hard to believe you're getting anything more than the most perfunctory greeting. how could you? there's nine of them and probably at least a couple dozen other turbonerds waiting in line.

i know for some people there's a sense of status that they feel by collecting photos of themselves with actors. i dunno. i guess it's just different tastes or w/e.

(also lol interesting to note that Wil loving Wheaton, self-identified turbo-nerd, isn't in that picture. was he unable to attend or did the rest of the cast finally get tired of him?)

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I totally understand but I have to admit I blew a bunch of money earlier this year to get a photograph with Stan Lee. Even though I only got to say "Excelsior, Stan!" to him (which he grinned and slowly replied "Eeeexcelsior" back to me) but even that was nice. drat straight I'd love to talk with him but hey, even just thanking someone for the entertainment they've given you is nice. At the same convention Nichelle Nichols made a last minute appearance and I did get to talk with her for a few minutes which was really nice. Well worth the money.

gently caress yeah dude that sounds awesome. i'm glad you got that moment. :)

at the autograph table, i got a hug from Maurice LaMarche, and i also got Rob Paulsen to read a "pinky, are you thinking what i'm thinking" gag i wrote.

("i think so, brain, but... trickle-down economics? i mean, isn't that unsanitary?")

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

loving classic

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Sombrerotron posted:

gives me a reasonable excuse to put up dis one i made ages ago but never actually posted

god bless

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

my friend's dad is staying put in daytona beach. says he'll be fine with his storm windows that i don't think he's even boarded up.

duTrieux. posted:

i wonder if i can embed tumblr mp4s

https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_nnx4s0JH9N1qce5fh.mp4

e: yup!

wow, colin mochrie... seems slightly younger than i remember him? i think maybe he put on some weight and the fat smoothed out the wrinkles?? or maybe i'm totally misremembering his appearance from the late 90s

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

oooh, you got the side of a patch panel that never changes to be super tidy and clean. great loving accomplishment, chief.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
god that's even worse than the smuglords who post pictures of ultra-tidy racks where every single port is populated. yeah, if you know every port's going to be full, of course it's easy to make it all ziptied and crisp!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i remember my dad said he used to work in blasting, and he got out because he kept seeing too many alleged ""professionals"" who were missing fingers because they'd hosed up with blasting caps.

he also had a story of a guy who used way too much dynamite to remove a tree stump, and managed to send the stump flying up into the air and right down onto the guy's pickup truck.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i guess i should post a picture

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Winkle-Daddy posted:

lmbo are those the room A/C's that Costco has been selling the last few years before summer?

lol probably, i didn't source them.

thank christ i don't work there any more.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
oh yeah those A/C units were just exhausting into the ceiling.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

abraham linkedin posted:

my boyfriend interns for a republican congressman and he told me that during the presidential debate everyone in his office was just completely shocked and terrified

schadenfreude owns

yes, yessssss

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

how the gently caress did that guy not lose a foot or something

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Three Hole Punk posted:

mine fizzles out somewhere around ~20100 and I'm 28 and go loud concerts, listen to loud music and play the drums all the time :iiam:

I need it louder to hear the frequencies under 20 than the ones over 15,000 though???

that might be as much your speakers as your ears

it's funny cranking it to 20khz and watching the cat's ears perk up

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Sagebrush posted:

canadians have the weirdest pronunciation for cars for some reason

they say mazda as a nasal "maa-zdah", with the first syllable like in "math", kinda rhymes with NASDAQ

and hyundai is "hunday", rhymes with sunday. it's not hard to say "hyoon" but nope, even the dealer commercials it's HUNDAY HUNDAY HUNDAY.

nissan is pretty much how it's written but with a short i. piss on your nissan.

also when talking about super mario, mario lemieux, etc they will say "mary oh"

you forgot how toyota somehow becomes "tai-yotta"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

what are the little explosions that keep happening on the valkyrie?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

check out that worm logo. dan goldin's clenching his teeth somewhere and he doesn't know why

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Trabant posted:

one in the o-ring, two in the booster

lol i'm stealing this

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

lol classic

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

this cat reminds me of drunked up klingon general from star trek 5

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

diamond dog posted:

if you don't think something awful, a massive and ancient forum from which a huge number of other internet memes, social networks and even whole new genres of entertainment (supposedly) spawn, is almost certainly heavily infiltrated by US operatives* by this point in current_year you are loving insane.

*(as both mod staff and probably a bunch of "popular" top poster sockpuppets)

hypothetically, if you were somehow made to know with certainty that SA was in fact 100% sincere and not materially influenced by state actors, would it make you pleasantly surprised that the government was sufficiently inept as to ignore an obvious route for exerting influence, or depressed/angry that so many people were willing to so freely collaborate with The Man?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Jonny 290 posted:

7/10 on theme, 9/10 on style, 10/10 on execution

oof, workin' the rough chuckles here

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

does the H. stand for Hugh?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
also i'm not trying to bag on anyone here, but it's a little disturbing to me just how frequently i keep seeing pictures of the ambassador's assassination crop up on facebook and poo poo.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

wargames posted:

Everyone has seen this

but some more

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

what the gently caress is "father's jail"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001