Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Antlerhill posted:

this dude has to wear a lime green tshirt whenever he drives his car
that's quite a bit of dedication to a dumb visual gag

imagine one night his wife tells him their out of milk and can he go to the store and get some milk before the store closes and he's like sure honey just let me put on a lime green tshirt first
wouldn't want anyone to see me drive my car without my lime green tshirt
that would ruin the joke

what's that son? mom's too busy to drive you to school ? no worries i'll drop you off on my way to work, just let me put on my lime green tshirt

nothing could be more proof of having never worked a day in ones life than being completely unable to identify a contractors shirt even though they are literally fluorescent green and designed to be as highly visible as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

im old enough to remember when they all wore vests but nowadays they all wear safety green/orange tshirts because they arent going to get caught on anything and you can buy them in bulk

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Apocadall posted:

the drone guys are definitely idiots but lets not defend some idiot redneck firing a weapon into the air either and then saying she would have killed them too, she sounds psychotic

lmao

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Hogge Wild posted:

why would they be on that pic

you missed the male male hookup at eight oclock on the gently caress ring

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

well let's see.

1940s: probably a lot of ww2 stuff but i'm gonna say pearl harbor
1950s: sputnik maybe?
1960s: jfk, apollo 11
1970s: ?? watergate? i can't think of anything in this decade that they'd take the kids out of school for
1980s: berlin wall coming down
1990s: ?? see 1970s. e: oj simpson verdict maybe, lol
2000s: 9/11
2010s: iphone huge released, much wailing and gnashing of teeth

1980s was the challenger blowing up
1990s was the oj chase tho the verdict i guess wouldve been second

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Iridium posted:

there are sales, there are events planned... one of my friends was invited to a neighbor's 9/11 cookout.

it's a loving holiday now, all americans get together and try to out-grieve one another with insipid tales of how upset they were when the heard it on the radio on their loving commute. a ritualistic exercise in mass-histrionics.

for a while id always eat exclusively cake and pie and stuff on 9/11 since it was a day for just desserts

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

GameCube posted:

lol, but who'd you steal this joke from

HEY NONG MAN posted:

yeah that made me laugh super hard but it must be from somewhere.

if someone else did it ive never heard it

i even remember the first time i said it as it was a joke i made to my now ex wife not long after we met

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

echinopsis posted:

th2 ruled but th3 idk it got weird

true but thps3 was still good esp. the cruise ship at least it was still 2 minutes & ten goals

it really went off the rails in thps4 where you had to wander around to find poo poo to do

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

and jonny lived in arkansas or the exact center of that red blob

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

no, it's definitely making me introspective: i am one of the liberal elites. i don't have any loving clue what the average american wants. i assumed that the majority of the country would hold their nose and vote for continued slight improvements instead of hitching their wagon to a burning train and riding it right off the rails

but i was misinformed.

the democrats like any political group containing subgroups has always taken the union/blue collar vote for granted. theres a reason the gop despite having all the power multiple times has never delivered on a single promise for the religious right: theyll never vote democratic so theres no reason to. thats the same reason dems have never done anything for lgbt rights or unions b/c what are they going to do vote republican?

the fact is that coastal elites dont gaf about anyone not in a major city and thats why whenever a candidate actually acknowledges their existence like reagan did in 1980 or gwb did in 2000 or obama did in 2008 or trump did in 2016 they switch allegiance

granted this gains those voters nothing but the fact is that the status quo is bad enough that anyone claiming to be doing anything differently is preferable no matter what baggage comes with them

"continued slight improvements" are worthless when all economic gains are funneled away from them and tbh morality issues like "wont oppress gays/blacks/muslims" are further down on the list than "havent had a job paying above minimum wage in a decade" when you arent gay black or muslim

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

imo raise the registration fee to :20bux: and make half of it go to a rotating charity

using the first inflation calculator i could find ten 2000 usd is $14.02 now so yeah lowtax should totally raise reg fees

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

SF seems like literally the worst place on the planet

truth

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Sniep posted:

I paid that exact price for that exact game as a childe

I think it was in the Kohl's electronics dept.

and it was worth every penny

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

anthonypants posted:

why is it that gamers always, always scream "this time it will be different" when a new game gets announced

well games are for children and gamers are nominally defined by being fans of a childrens pastime so therefore you can perform tricks on them that would also normally only be effective when used on children

this isnt difficult

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

i just saw jonathan frakes when i was eating at a hotel bar a couple weeks ago he was like ten feet away didnt bother him tho

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

gently caress

im determined to watch em all -- no matter how bad

then i can rewatch DS9 which i loved

and maybe... give voyager a chance

a friend of mine has a signed picture of robert picardo and like a dick i said to her, "isnt that the most poo poo series?"

..."actually vintersorg -- it's good!!"

tng s3-s7 has some gems but is mostly just there

ds9 from s3 onward is excellent

voyager and enterprise are terrible. if you had me list ten good voyager eps i could get to maybe seven and nearly all of them would be doctor- or 7 of 9-centric. the best voyager eps are entirely self-contained because the show has no growth for the characters or the plot and every episode resets the show but even if that doesnt bother you then theres probably only another three or so eps that would then qualify as "good"

robert picardo is great in it and jerri ryan too but it doesnt make up for the rest of the show by a long shot

enterprise is boring garbage from beginning to end though

oh yeah should note that one thing that stands out to me about voyager is that it ran concurrently with stargate sg-1 and multiple times both shows had eps following essentially the same plot and in every case the sg-1 episode is superior. space race and workforce spring to mind right away but i know there were others. honestly even tho i just rewatched ds9 (still great) id rather watch all ten seasons of sg-1 again than watch tng-era trek again theres just no character development outside of ds9 at all ever and it really dates the shows

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Trast posted:

Universe was never good.

reaching back to defend this but i really loved it for all the reasons it got cancelled

its still the only scifi ive ever watched that gave the viewer a sense of loving scale the universe is big and empty and doing poo poo in it is hard and tedious

unfortunately when it takes three eps to get the hvac system working (literally the first three eps) youre not going to retain viewers. not only that it was bsg-style grimdark with few if any likeable characters all being assholes which makes for great drama if youre invested but not so much if you want to grow your audience and ofc the audience was used to splashy colors and upbeat likeable characters in the other series so

still it had great promise and amazing moments if you like your scifi slow as balls and really really hard

ofc it cost a ton theres no audience for hard scifi and all of the great stuff in the show was directly counter to the actual stargates (which is in the name). i understand why it failed but its prob my fav scifi series of all time just for the atmosphere of a lonely empty universe populated solely by people who hate each other struggling to do anything of consequence b/c nothing ever shows that and its p much how i view life

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

anthonypants posted:

as an american-born english-speaker, i tried to watch trainspotting a long time ago and literally couldn't understand what people were saying

i have the criterion laserdisc of trainspotting which is notable because it has the original scottish audio track on it that means that the version you and most people in america watched was actually more understandable than the original version of the film

in actuality there are few differences and the change in dialog there is during the withdrawl scene mark says "its in the post thats for sure" instead of "its in the mail thats for sure"

ive probably seen trainspotting thirty times and it still takes until about midway through begbies story before my brain catches up to the dialogue

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

that age and still a cadet

maybe shes just not cut out for starfleet

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

toads eyes are gone but birdo disappears entirely

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

about as clearcut a case as one is likely to find

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Gazpacho posted:

that's why i hate that HBO show btw, because it's sold the idea that you can only come to the bay for tech work if you're prepared to be a corporate groupie. while pretending to criticize the startup ideologues it ends up serving them

thats what you got out of game of thrones?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

fishmech posted:

its pretty funny that nintendo couldn't manage to sell as many wii u systems as they sold gamecubes, their previous worst selling console

the gamecube owned so much every nintendo franchise had its best iteration on the gc

wind waker
sunshine
thousand year door
double dash

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

What the hell, no

whats better? galaxy/galaxy 2 looks so bland and boring (like every wii iteration did somehow)

maybe part of it is that the gc controller and wavebird are so comfy and great to use

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

galaxy 2 is one of the best mario games ever made, they're both personified joy, what is wrong with you

i mean i guess its okay but

Vintersorg posted:

mario sunshine was so loving good

i couldn't finish either of the galaxy's out of boredom nor the one on the wii u

i finished both galaxy and galaxy 2 but found both to be tedious whereas sunshine was a great change from the usual mario poo poo and it looked so great. i guess the way it plays with gravity is neat but everything felt so gimmicky and easy like it was a tech demo. sunshine felt more mario to me

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

this is because your ability to feel joy died between the releases

idk it mightve been just due to the color pallette being so drab on all the wii franchise games. the worst was def. paper mario wii which was just so blah. by the time galaxy game out i was prob. looking for reasons to be disappointed

NoneMoreNegative posted:

tomato / tomato I guess though.

maybe i was in my late 20s for the gc and 30s for the wii

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

blue

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

if the legs are in a circle shouldn't there be 8 Vagánias too

ones a butthole

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

cheese-cube posted:

edit: what the hell is wrong with the buttons in that gif?

safari specifically theyre correct in chrome on mac

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Rex-Goliath posted:

this movie is also depressing as gently caress so fair warning

huh a movie called enter the void is depressing you say? id have never guessed

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

tell logitech it's broken and they'll probably send you a new one

at the very least theyll discount a new one

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

SmokaDustbowl posted:

for real? I've been using this mouse for like 3 or 4 years and it's the poo poo, the left button is getting fucky now

yeah theyll usually do it in my experience even when its old and like i said even if they dont theyll take a chunk off a new one if they cant just send you a new one

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lol icp sucks but they're not horrible. they've always talked poo poo about racists

their music is terrible but i have a soft spot for them as they do genuinely seem to care about the kind of person that becomes their fan. every juggalo i know isnt a bad person so much as disaffected and unwanted (generally for good reasons) and fwiw icp and their fandom serve as better role models than those sort usually come across

i guess i just see them as a net positive

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

prefect posted:

maybe it's like a jacuzzi

which i always think of as j'accusi, because i'm an idiot like that

lol gems like this is why youre one of my fav posters

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

spankmeister posted:

I do, I have one of those electric ones even.
it doesn't really help

try sensodyne it really helped me

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Agile Vector posted:

just before its attacked by two fords of prey

holy poo poo lol

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

what is nato?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

dont recommend drugs to yosposters, tia

said the dancing mushroom with a face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

i missed dream chat but is lucid dreaming really that rare? ive always been able to do it as far back as i can remember i just know in dreams that im dreaming and if something comes up that i dont like i can just change it in any way i want as it happens

for the longest time i just assumed anyone could do it

also idr who said it a while back but i have "dream locations" where i know and remember the geography of the place quite frequently. usually theyre confined locations like a house or something but sometimes its large places like a town or something

thats just another thing i assumed everybody had

• Locked thread