Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Eonwe posted:

they called the fifth battlefield, battlefield one

It's more like the 14th Battlefield Game, Battlefield 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
One of the complaints I saw before this beta was that defending the objective is unrewarding and the system rewards doing laps around the map more so than defending any one objective, so it's been a "known" issue for awhile now, whether or not its acted upon, who knows?

New Concept Hole fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 30, 2016

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Kibayasu posted:

After spending a couple rounds as Support I can say my enjoyment of that class will come from how quickly I can put a bipod on any of the guns.

Pretty much. Best part is bipods now stay deployed, then just flip on whenever you're in front of a suitable surface and back off when you start moving.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I look forward to DICE re-imagining a Korean War where every Support gets the Davey Crockett.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Fish Fry Andy posted:

They should make support guns become more accurate relative to their magazine size.

Smaller mag auto rifles in the beta gain accuracy faster on sustained fire-- or to be more specific, their first-shot spread multiplier is lower.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Plan Z posted:

Watching Jackfrags' tank video, I think a majority of the problems with the light tanks is pubbies. He's literally playing suicidal, trying to get killed, but you'll see assault guys shooting him with SMGs or hugging the tank. People are respawning over and over and not switching to light AT grenades. Recons don't use K-bullets. Pubbies just literally run out into the open over and over right into his sights in a way he says is like playing with bots. No joke, one guy tries to bayonet him.

And they wonder why professional game developers don't listen to "feedback from The Very Dissatisfied Community."

Even when I play recklessly with the Light Tank and the AT weapons come out, it's like a tank version of the Little Bird; it's not hard to get out of a bad situation unless you just drove right into the middle of a big fight. Pretty much the only time the tank is in danger is when you can't figure out what's killing you, because sometimes the projectiles don't draw(or something similar?) That seems to be a thing that happens and I'm pretty sure it's unintentional.

Also it's kinda dumb imo if the Light-AT grenades were a factor in how they balanced the vehicles-- if they expected everyone in the immediate vicinity to start lobbing grenades at the light tank, and that was factored into its durability.

Non vehicle talk: I might be crazy, but I feel like either prone doesn't correlate to where the player is very well, and some form of head-glitching is in this game. There's been a few times where someone was prone down in a crater and had no trouble shooting at me despite giving me nothing to shoot, and I've been killed by snipers where i couldn't see anything but the tip-top of their head. Also the pistol and sniper rifle animations seem to involve some profile shooting stances which give you less to hit and feels like they give you less to shoot, and it occasionally seems like this gives them a pretty big advantage in peeking because only a small portion of their model pokes out and only for only a moment.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

rap music posted:

If they nerf light tanks, they will get hosed into oblivion once the game goes live and the community is more concentrated with veteran BF players.

In a lot of ways it's a better version IFV from BF4 right now. the IFV was good, but suffered from the MBT being incredibly effective even when solo and also being a hard counter to it. Now there's not really an analogue for the MBT in terms of solo effectiveness, there's not a lot of anti-vehicle gadgets that are easy to use effectively(nothing like the LAW, at least), and the Light Tank has a smaller footprint than the IFV. I don't think that the Light Tank is going to go completely out of favor for anything else if its nerfed, because it's still going to be the solo vehicle that's hard to hit and see and catch, but maybe it won't be as tough and having as much firepower when you do.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Rolling Scissors posted:

Yeah it definitely feels like head glitching is back. DICE Sweden has thrown out most of the improvements DICE LA made for BF4, like the headglitching fix, squad leader idle demotion just the top of my head.

I didn't play Battlefront, did it have the headglitch fixes? I'm assuming Hardline did, but BF4/BFH/SWBF/BF1 were all being worked on at the same time so I'm curious how much they all have in common in this regard.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Rank 40 and 14 hours played

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Ironically bolt-actions are the thing I wish there was less of, even though it's limited to one class and cavalry.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Vatek posted:

I feel like about 90% of my deaths in this game are to the Russian lever action thing or the SMLE.

It doesn't help that the TTK is slow enough that they're a huge threat up close

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
BF4 had a problem where Assault got the best rifles and could revive. The division of weapons from the class was enough without changing the revive system.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Mordja posted:

Smdh if you don`t take light anti-tank grenades and ammo packs for unlimited AV spam.

That's not going to exist beyond this beta.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Chronojam posted:

At least there won't be servers that outlaw shotguns :unsmith:

I think this is an option in the server settings.

Also they could have made instant respawn servers unranked and done away with those if they wanted to without throwing out all admin options.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

K8.0 posted:

Yeah this is really the issue. People congregate on shitfuck servers not because they're fun, but because you get XP/medals/etc fast. Take away that and they would die out no problem.

They also added more hoops to jump through to unlock everything with bonds + XP, so I'm sure clusterfuck servers will be alive and well!

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The autos in BF1 struck me as much more foolproof than ARs in BF4. The entire meta of BF4's gunplay is to burst fire 2-4 rounds based on the distance, and just know when to do so. Meanwhile, the Assault and Support weapons in BF1 are designed to be fired full auto; the submachine guns get high spread upfront and slowly regain spread if you stop firing so they're best suited for hosing, while the auto rifles of the Support gain accuracy while firing. BF1's system is easier to understand because there's less you have to think about every time you shoot at someone.

New Concept Hole fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Sep 13, 2016

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I doubt Support will get dynamite, seeing as giving Support C4 in BF4 was such a hassle for balance.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The bullets go faster in BF1 compared to BF4, but also have more drop, as well as experience drag.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Hopefully support is getting a unique item for dealing with vehicles. It would be neat if they got some sort of trap that could immobilize a tank. Something that's Support-y, as opposed to gadgets that make Assault irrelevant.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I never heard anyone yell before charging in the beta.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Chronojam posted:

Probably like how jeep beeps were client side in bf3 initially

That or the yelling is incredibly quiet in the 3p mix.

New Concept Hole fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 22, 2016

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Model details aside, the FAMAS is a gun that would show up on a battlefield, unlike the Bulldog, PDW-R, RFB, SKS, DAO-12, and UTS 15.

E: Not that I do or don't think those guns should be in a game, but they're a lot more dumb than the AEK or AN94 in terms of "realism"

New Concept Hole fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 24, 2016

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Party Plane Jones posted:

French made chauchats were pretty decent for what they were; the problems the american divisions had were mainly because they got 30-06 models produced under license which turned the guns into utter poo poo.

"You just can't kill a man unless you shoot them with a .30 Caliber cartridge though!" -Army Ordnance

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

HILLARY CURES DEPLORABLES posted:

do you like good, and possibly, fun games?

Then don't buy this one. :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Pellet dispersion is constant and the spread determines where the dispersion pattern is centered.