Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Huh, looks like the Newspaper Spider-Man universe's America went with the Serapis Flag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Jerusalem posted:

It's a box of pictures.... pictures of Spider-Man!

He keeps them close to hand to fill him with vengeance.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

X-O posted:

More Spider-Mans added to the OP. Including the infamous and haunting March 2007 storyline including this unforgettable scene.

Truly a classic, but it's only the second most infamous and haunting Spider-Man story where our hero gets smacked in the head by masonry.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bongo Bill posted:

Spidey Super Stories #8

Yeah, that's the one.

OMIT is third (and I think last).

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Monaghan posted:

It's cool that brick layers get to wear labcoats in the marvel U.

I think you'll find they're called Construction Scientists now. Like Subway has Sandwich Artists.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

SynthOrange posted:

Look at that ants face :3:

Is that the Newspaperverse Antony?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Spergminer posted:

JJJ would pay a fortune for pictures of Spider-man kicking his rear end. Imagine the headlines.

I'm sure JJJ would also pay for pictures of Spider-Man beating up the rear end in a top hat who stole his goddamn paper from under him, and Peter knows that.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Jerusalem posted:

Robbie: Elias, think about this for a seco-
Elia: Think for a second? Do you think I'm made of money!?!

'Now help me light this poop I found!'

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Or Spider-Man Renew Your Vows.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yeah, I think this Pinkerton comic was only a slight exaggeration:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lurdiak posted:

I hope the trip is uneventful but the narrator keeps being a dick the whole time.

An uneventful car trip narrated by the Angry Claremontian Narrator would be the best thing even.

'You thought you would be able to drive from New York to Los Angeles, Mary Jane Watson...but at what cost?'

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Knormal posted:

"...MY QUEST TO FIND THAT WEIRD SHOOTING STAR I SAW WHILE DRIVING ON MY ROAD TRIP TO CALIFORNIA TO DO PUBLICITY FOR MY MOVIE."

And that's how we learn Newspaper MJ is her universe's Karen Gillan.

Man, Karen Gillen would be a great MJ if they weren't doing high school again in the MCU.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Synthbuttrange posted:

I accuse this comic of being ridiculous!

Now I wish Namor had gotten mad at a dog and a barrel in his arc.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

You are Jay Pinkerton and I claim my five pounds.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bruceski posted:

He will become Superdickeryman!

So, just Superman?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

These Loss edits are getting very abstract.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So does Newspaper Spider-Man just not have a Spider-Sense, or what? I can't remember the last time he actually dodged a fist/brick/other object heading for his face.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lurdiak posted:

I kinda want them to just have a strip where Spidey takes his iphone out and shows Rocket what a raccoon is.

Oh who am I kidding, it'd be 3 strips.

Does newspaper Spidey even have an iPhone? I know that one wizard dude did, but hell even 616 Spidey didn't even own a computer until very recently.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Alhazred posted:

MJ is high as gently caress.

Well her name is Mary Jane...

Also, why the hell was 'Robbie gets sued for sexual harassment' ever considered a good idea for a plotline?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Syncopated posted:

The more you know. But then in the regular comics Peter made a deal with the devil etc right?

Yeah, because a whole bunch of nerds were still upset about the marriage. Luckily if you want a Peter/MJ book Renew Your Vows is a thing and very good. They even have a (non-raccoon) child!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Buckets posted:

I hope MJ can get to Las Angeles in time to do her promotion work for Marvella 2.

Don't worry, they'll get a lift from Rocket in his size-changing trash can spaceship.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Rocket, now is not the time for Selfies!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

jyrque posted:

Shroombot's real power is creating a time loop. He's been trashing the same street for days months forever?? now.

This is literally how Newspaper Spider-Man survived Spider-Verse - Morlun tried to kill him but got caught in the screwed-up time of the newspaperverse and gave up.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Ronan's brilliant strategy is to get Peter to pop an awkward boner in front of his lady + space raccoon friend and then kill himself out of embarrassment

Unfortunately for him, he didn't realise that Newspaper Spider-Man doesn't know shame. He doesn't know anything.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Is Stan getting the Universal Weapon confused with Big Barda's Cosmic Rod?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

It's going to end with Ronan going home while the sentry will have been befriended by a scrappy young kid who taught it the meaning of heroism, and it may or may not sacrifice itself to save Albuquerque from a nuclear attack. Spider-Man will have nothing to do with it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

"Well...I guess I could blow up that one car again."

I guess the Carol vs. Car meme from a few years back finally gets an explanation: Kree & Cars hate each other.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Manatee Cannon posted:

move that story over to renew your vows and have rocket attend school with annie

give rocket spider powers

Nononono, bring Mayday & Annie into the Newspaperverse. With their combined powers of basic competence, they can chump any enemies easily. It can just turn into a wacky sitcom.

And Rocket Makes Three!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

EorayMel posted:

Someone photoshop spiderman running off carrying an Egyptian mummy over his head.

Or a 60s-Batman-esque cartoon bomb.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Kwyndig posted:

How the hell does this comic keep doing this? Every time I think I've got it figured out, the writer(s) manage to asspull something even more dumb.

That's the power of Stan Lee, true believer! Excelsior!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Onmi posted:

Superior Spiderman is awful, Dan Slott is an awful writer, that set of panels is perfect.

:agreed:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lobok posted:

He's out in LA. The West Coast Avengers should arrive any minute now.

I would love it if we got a Runaways crossover out of this arc.

actually, considering they're getting their own TV series, there may well be a crossover in the future between the two. I can't wait until Molly asks Spidey why he's not an Avenger.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Good to see Stan still doesn't understand spiders after all these years. And that apparently if you are named after an animal you need to emulate its (misunderstood) characteristics, despite being, you know, a person.

'Spiders and wasps are natural enemies', my rear end!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Choco1980 posted:

...and so ends the Mole Man arc. On to San Francisco!
Clearly Mole Man will find his calling as the second Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

You know, lots of villains magically spy on their enemies but how many do so while kicking back with a glass of wine. Tyrannus has class.

Actually, I think most of the ones who might have that kind of resources would. Loki, Doom...the only exception would be Dracula and that's because he doesn't drink...wine. :drac:

Didn't all three of them fall in love with Storm at one point?

Oh god. Is Aunt May the Storm of the Newspaperverse?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Synthbuttrange posted:

However it turns out the driver is Kala.

I misread that as Kamala.

That would have been a shocking twist.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The Question IRL posted:

Peter Parker: I can't believe that's the same Mole Man who once tried to conquer the world.
I mean he has clearly grown about three feet and bulked out. Did this guy get the Crimson Gem of Cytorak or what?

Maybe he should be called Swole Man now.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Synthbuttrange posted:

Back in 2003, in a flashback to pre-marriage adventures:

I'm pretty sure Peter & MJ were married back in 1987. The marriage in the strip was apparently the impetus for it happening in the comics.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Does this taste like chloroform to you

Well, I can think of one reason he might make that face:

Binary Badger posted:

He's done it before.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

PoptartsNinja posted:

Are you suggesting the Moloids are such an enlightened race that when they met an emotionally stunted and depressed young surface man with no self-esteem they dropped everything in order to help him feel good about himself?

Because if so, I like that take. :kimchi:
Well, we already know that the moloids are a kindhearted and enlightened race:

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

graham cracker posted:

What I want to know is where the Spidoids are and what they have been getting up to without Spidey's supervision.

Going through a golden age without the millstone of their 'leader', probably.

• Locked thread