Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

kayakyakr posted:

What I am saying is only pay enough attention to the ratings insofar as to understand that they can be bad and this show can still escape cancellation if only just.

Agent Carter had good Live+3 numbers too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hiddenriverninja posted:

For a second I thought the subtitle was "Ghost Ride the Quip" but as it is its still a good one.

mods please change the title asap

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Canned Panda posted:

WHAT'S IN THE BOX??

Those guys killed each other because they saw what's in the box? Guess I should open it too. Surely nothing bad will happen!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I am looking forward to the adventures of Fitz and John Hannah to see if they can make the world's most expensive bullet decoy its totally a sexbot

also more of Ghost Rider's sweet car

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

PunkBoy posted:

Yeah, Piper's the short haired woman that took over the training session when May went to meet Phil. She looks to be May's second in command.

aka first to die when head-ghost makes May do something

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mokinokaro posted:

Canadian early watch: Is the director an imperfect LMD? It's looking like it.

EDIT: \/ Oh god, his name. Nvm, I know who he is.

Ep was pretty boring. Though new inhuman director owns a lot.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bio347 posted:

So Daisy is totally turning her powers in on herself either consciously or unconsciously, right? As part of some self-penance thing? Because she didn't have any problems last season when she was confident in what was going on.

I'm guessing the writers are using it as a way to keep her from solving every problem with her powers.

and or they forgot about last season stuff.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

spoilers: AoS doesn't get referenced in Luke Cage. They don't even mention the Sokovia accords and how this bulletproof man might be an Inhuman or powered person who needs to get registered. TV really is the redheaded stepchild of the MCU that must never be brought up.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

I don't know if that's exactly the case in this...case...and more that the Luke Cage showrunners were just doing their own thing without paying that much attention to AoS or Civil War. They did bring up Hammer Industries a lot and referenced DD and JJ.

Seems to be Movies > Netflix > AoS where you can reference things above you but never below.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Oh good more Inhuman poo poo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

If they didn't have the balls to off May during the season finale, they sure as gently caress weren't going to kill her during this boring filler episode.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

It didn't seem like an actual EMP device, seeing as power came back on when they shut it down. Just pretend it was a city wide electronic shutter downer device because comics.

but regardless, thousands of people probably died

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Daisy you are dumb. I can't use the gloves because they are too inconspicuous. Better to shatter my arms with power use.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Oct 19, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

It might be on a case by case basis, because Daisy is explicitly NOT immune to her own power.

Maybe Jiaying just trained her wrong as a joke.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol Simmons. I can't believe you didn't tell everything so I could fail the lie detector test. Interesting that Simmons calls Aida an it while Fitz calls it a she. He's going to gently caress that robot :roboluv:.

I wish they would give Daisy something to do besides mope. Get your poo poo together. Even Fitz could do it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

spooky like this! posted:

So they've pretty much run out of ghosts at this point?

only main scientist lady ghost is left

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Blazing Ownager posted:

It wasn't, exactly, however.

What she said wasn't "If you put me in the chair, I will tell them about you" it was "If you put them in the chair, I won't be able to lie about what I now know about you."

Thus it's not really blackmail. She'd not saying she's blow him on purpose, she's saying she'd blow him in unwillingly if she's put in that position, same as she was about to gently caress up for Fitz. She did it for her own reasons, but it's not really untrue, either.

Yea that's still blackmail

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Oh no, how can two martial arts badasses and a man with a NotGun + Robohand take on like 15 unarmed dudes in a big cafeteria?!

It's very important Daisy get another :emo: scene

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

Presumably they'll do another Marvel show after SHIELD is over, right? I remember some talk about the Runaways. I think that'd work better, it wouldn't be tied into the movies as much.

They tried another Marvel show but Agent Carter was even more of a failure.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

cant cook creole bream posted:

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of this season so far. Last season hit the ground running. But this one feels more like it's continuously trying to set up something without much happening. Maybe I just don't like broody ghost stories.

Will there be a Doctor Strange tie-in? I don't want to be spoilered for the movie. If the following episode has a spoiling substory, it might actually be good to have a 3 week gap between episodes.

Maybe the ghost poo poo will be resolved soon so something interesting can happen.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zebulon posted:

Mace is bein' a bit of a bitch.

Mace did nothing wrong. Maybe Coulson should stop being the bitch.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

Oh I guess I was wrong about Eli.

This ghost plot is boring though.

Ghost lady was pretty dumb. Being a science ghost was sweet. Corporeal at will! But now she dead.

*Eli focuses hard to create carbon*
*SHIELD agent shoots him from offscreen*

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Pan Dulce posted:

I wonder what the implications are for Agents though. Does this mean we might get movie tie-ins again, maybe another guest from the movies, like Cobie Smulders or Samuel L. Jackson coming on the show?

I'm sure there will be exactly the same amount of movie tie-ins as there have been so far for AoS. And wouldn't they use that money / starpower for the Inhumans show?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I like that Dr. Radcliffe was like "oh gently caress this poo poo" and closed the darkhold immediately. He may be amoral, but he's not stupid.

I wonder what is Aida making with her spooky evil magic powers. I'm disappointed that Coulson didn't push for her to be rebooted immediately especially since they all know how dangerous the darkhold is.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ashpanash posted:

I think the more interesting play would be...he did. And they did reboot her. And it didn't help.

I doubt that is the case but it would be cool!

I like it. They did reboot her and try to wipe her memories. But it didn't work and now she's mad :tinfoil:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol Coulson trying to throw shade at Mace.

Pan Dulce posted:

He killed a ton of diplomats in Cuba for Hydra and was caught on camera doing so. They can't use him.

They are using Daisy and Robbie so

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Good to see that Yoyo could have just run in there and shanked Eli then propped the lid open with a stick.

Looks like Aida made some upgrades to the robo brains and stuff since Simmons didn't notice android May.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Oh jeez, AIDA is going to make an army of LMDs and we're in for some deep poo poo.

Also, cue all of the Westworld-request theories where every single character is an LMD.

Zebulon posted:

"Level Blue..? Cute, but, uh, what does that mean..?" "We have nooo idea Doesn't look like anything to me."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I guess this is back tonight. Looks like they got a new intro now that the Ghost Rider arc is done.

wait hold on, didn't Aida read the whole Darkhold? I guess not since he still needs it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jan 11, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

It should have been Jemma who was copied.

Then Fitz would definitely gently caress the robot

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Winners don't do drugs unless you are Captain America or Mace

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

Hell yeah, Coulson in charge again

Was there ever any doubt it would end up this way?

Fitz what are you doing just destroy the robot head like Jemma said. Don't gently caress the robot.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Weren't they also complaining that there were so few crystals left? I bet that they didn't know because they would have diluted a few of them to ensure they had enough to turn everyone forever.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

counterfeitsaint posted:

The whole not-Shangri-la plotline had a bunch of inconsistencies. One of the characters specifically has a line saying they've tried and couldn't figure out how to separate the death metal (:black101:) from the crystals. They also constantly complain about how there's not enough crystals. Apparently both of these problems can be solved by dropping them in water.

This confirms that their inhuman splinter group was a bunch of retards

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Coulson continues his excellent leadership.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nooneofconsequence posted:

Why can't they just conventionally drug May?

Why haven't they destroyed the Darkhold yet?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nah he was an amoral dick even before the Darkhold. He will do anything to achieve his goal of :science:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jamesman posted:

Amoral in the sense that he would go to the underground and black market to advance his research, but he was never outright malicious or evil.

SHIELD reached out to him because they saw good in him. They kept him on after Hive because they saw good in him. They were right, too. He saved the lives of half the team thanks to his work, and doing stupid things and going out of bounds and being ethically dubious is what SHIELD is all about.

He's a good dude. I don't want the show to write him off as evil and kill him just because of the same poo poo that almost everyone else on the team has dealt with. He's not Ward for crying out loud.

He's basically Wernher von Braun.

He will work for anyone that will let him advance his goals to science stuff. He's not a moustache twirling saturday morning cartoon villain, but he's definitely not a good person.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Fitz shot the dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

flosofl posted:

Holy poo poo, the Radcliff-bot is just as arrogant as the original and gave away the existence of May-Not.

The LMD trolling the team was the highlight of the episode.

• Locked thread