Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Blistex posted:

So just got some terrible loving news from my inlaws in China (been back for 2 weeks now).

About two years ago my mother in law got a German Shepherd mix puppy which she raised it for about 4 months. It was really cute and super friendly. Most people in the town knew it as she would take it on walks and it never barked at anyone and always wanted to lick people and play. She realized that she didn't have the time or space to take care of a full grown dog and gave it to a guy who was a real dog lover and wanted a guard dog. He soon realized that it was the most useless guard dog because it unconditionally loved everyone that approached, but he was a dog lover and didn't care.

Just a few minutes ago my wife was talked to her parents on Skype and found out that it's dead.

So the family comes home from the market (they were gone for about two hours) and open the gate to their yard and the dog is lying dead on the ground. There is frothy blood everywhere and it's obvious that it has been poisoned because it was bleeding from its mouth, nose ears and eyes. The owner is pretty sure that his neigbhour killed his dog because his neighbour really, really hates him (no why). My mother in law gave the dog to this guy because he loves dogs and is a really nice guy who nobody should dislike.

The owner was heartbroken and I guess he cried over the dog's body for a long time. Later he was talking with my mother in law and said that he will never own another dog again because he would not wish for it to happen to that dog as well, and never wants to feel that kind of senseless loss again.

now they should poison the neighbour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

this op is really loving cha buduo btw

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/17/business/dealbook/china-germany-takeover-merger-technology.html?_r=0

getting good deals with chinese characteristics

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Neurion posted:

The cat probably survived, cats reach terminal velocity pretty quick, and theirs is approx. 60 mph versus the 120 or so a human would reach. Survival rates are also really good the higher up a cat is, because it gives them more time to right themselves and spread their limbs out, etc.

Can't blame the guy from being bummed, though, it's a hell of a thing to do to an animal.

yeah was about to post this, the higher you get the better the cat gets at surviving.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

That's not true at all, but you're an idiot so I doubt you've tried to analyze the logic of that statement for even a second.

every time you post i hope someone drops you from 50 floors

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/19/worlds-saddest-polar-bear-offered-new-home-in-uk?CMP=fb_gu

:shobon:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

hello i am here to inform you that the "no why" meme has been thoroughly run into the ground and no longer provokes any response, thank you for reading and have a good day :tipshat:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Lmao why is this in LAN, we already have the best Lan thread

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Haier posted:

Why, yes, I do agree that I really enjoy this hepatitis that I acquired in my house. Thanks for asking.

don't think your hep came from the food mate

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

The only reason sales in Vancouver slowed down is because everyone looking to buy a place made sure to do it before the tax applied. Give it a few months and it'll be back to normal.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Haier posted:

I do! I had one of those goofballs in my bed last week:

Me - "I will wear a condom, no arguing this."
Her - "Fool, I know my ovulation dates. I won't get pregnant. Don't worry."
Me - "It's not that..."
Her - "I have no disease. How could you think that?"
Me - "LOL. Condom is happening or you go home now."
Her - "Okay, fine."

Yeah, I'ma trust some chick I've known a few weeks on how well she knows her ovulation schedule and go unsheathed into that mangrove.
She really liked using the word "Fool," too. I don't know where she picked it up, but it sounded really weird.

mrs t

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

ladron posted:

one would argue that they are already hosed up for deciding to get the surgery

here, enjoy:

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

JaucheCharly posted:

Checked your post on the phone and didn't get the fully glory of the pic of the new place. Daaaaaamn, lol. That's about 1-2 weeks with a couple of competent eastern european workers.

no you see it's an industrial look

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

KomodoWagon posted:

Wow, he just had a vague idea of "present weapon, receive money" and ran with it with not even a second's worth of further thought. He didn't factor in that there might be resistance, or armed guards, or any kind of inconvenience. Even when he's there, he's so completely void of all independent thought and reason that he picks up his phone immediately to just chat about some other poo poo while he's robbing the bank. "Phone ring... so pick it up yes?? What means 'wait until better time'? This very confuse"

So I'm assuming this guy's been awarded some kind of medal for being a paragon of Chinese 5000 year culture and mentality?

the best part is that the cop is just standing there with his baton while another guy does his job

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I've always wondered about this, but how the hell do these guys get caught in places where there are 20 million people and no one gives a poo poo who you are? Like if you just show up to Random Third Tier City #12 and say your name is Wang Min, how the gently caress do the authorities catch these guys?

"it's not my problem, I should not get involved"

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

the street is sloped but they don't have the slippery tiles, so that's another point against it being in mainland china. also note how the building looks like it's in a good state.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

you're missing at least one sub

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

I can't count the number of dates I've seen where both are on their phones the entire time and not a word is spoken.

can't whip out some sick stickers irl

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

this is china in a single perfect gif

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/10/mysterious-factory-break-in-raises-suspicions-about-chinese-visit

hmm...

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

i hope that this is the vietnamese century where they invade asia and introduce good and tasty fusion food to the rest of the ork camps

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Fojar38 posted:

You spit out a nonsensical word salad but try to make it look pretty

This is habit that a lot of Chinese overseas students still have trouble with

paging angel opportunity / the great autismo

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

The Great Autismo! posted:

here's some good china.txt

my company is starting new marketing stuff because our new office is so nice. they've started posting numerous pictures of white people at universities in the united states or england, none of which are any of our employees or students, and none of which are universities i have ever been to. they are doing this with the slogan "come to xxxxx company! 100% of our students get in to top 50 universities in the usa!"

this is kinda dumb and frustrating for 2 reasons.

1) 100% of our students do not get into top 50 unis. in fact we have sent dozens upon dozens of kids to unis ranked 50-100. i know this, because i know the kids that are personally there studying.
2) in the past 4 years, three different times my company has given me a combined budget of ~10,000USD to go back to usa and plan my own trip through ivy league schools and good west coast schools, and i've spent hours upon hours of time meeting with admissions people from yale to harvard to princeton to cal-berkeley to boston college to washington to UCLA. and i've taken hundreds of photos of our old students there doing stuff.

so i asked the marketing girl about this and she was like "its our new plan" and i was like "well isn't the plan not correct, we've sent a lot of kids to not top 50 schools" and she goes "oh we are only talking about the top 50 students". so our new marketing slogan really is "of all the kids we've sent to top 50 universities, all of them went to top 50 universities". sounds...well, it sounds like someone not from the foreign department thought it up.

furthermore, when i asked them why they didn't use the hundreds of pictures and information that they paid me for and then gave me over ten thousand dollars to use to go do, the girl said "we just decided to use Baidu images"

at least we have a new office

wealth beyond measure, outlander

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

drat i wish someone did that to my penis

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

a lot of white people here talking about how racism isn't a problem, hmmmm

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

hong kong is unsafe and you would rather relocate to zhengzhou

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Another popular thing to do in Tantan: Looking like your puppy just died

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Stringent posted:

out of curiosity can you cite an incidence of this happening in the united states? i'd genuinely like to see it if you can.

bad hombres taking our nasty women

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

nobody can truly understand the inscrutable orientals

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

the chinese are people???

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

goons don't know anything about sexual intercourse, news at 11

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

For anyone with no experience, this is actually less chaotic than reality because:

No motorbikes/tricycles loving up everything.
No one is blowing through the red lights.

there's no pedestrians either, and the road seems intact

nickmeister posted:

Where is that from?

china

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Thin Privilege posted:

:ssh: It's actually Russia, there's дпс (road police) cars, who are doing nothing about the situation :ussr:

good catch. china also doesn't have road signs for yielding because nobody ever yields for anything in china.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Dicky mouse posted:

In a weird turn of fate. I was reading this thread last night.

I also took my meds which tend to have strange side effects.

And holy poo poo. I dreamed I was traveling through india with you guys.

You'll never guess which poster got pissed at me, at me for being creepy and left the group. To never be seen again.

you'll never guess which poster cares about your creepy goon dreams (it's no one)

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Boiled Water posted:

Why is it always this character and not just a question mark?

it's a china thing。

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

When I was in Malaysia chinese kids would follow me around and say "Hi John!!" and random people would shout "hey john!" or just "John!!" at me.
It took me a while to figure this out. I always thought there was some dude named John near me, or that "John" was some greeting or expression in the local dialect. Nope, all white guys are named John.

actually they were calling you a whoremonger

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Blistex posted:

<Assuming that you're talking about my stories about the ladies I worked with in Korea>

Edit: holy poo poo, that was a 2,800 word post. I'm just now realizing that I think I really, really miss those ladies.

:shobon: it was a really nice post. God bless the sisterhood of pepperpeekers

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

thank you for the repost blistex :)

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Khorne posted:

Hangul kinda owns. It's no worse than the english alphabet.

Hanja and its ilk are garbage though. "Let's adopt our own great alphabet that makes lots of sense. Better introduce over 1,800 chinese characters to gently caress everything up"

Hanja came first though? And hangul's popularity is relatively recent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Ceciltron posted:

Korea perfected fried chicken and pickled radish.

fermented rice as well

• Locked thread