Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Captain Monkey posted:

Old people really just aren't equipped to handle the internet.

Just wait till you hear about this place called 4chan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

Like how one of the themes of Harry Potter is that prejudice and discrimination are evil,
The main themes of Harry Potter are how a magic hat can be used at age 10 to determine which 25% of the population is evil and untrustworthy, how torture is OK as long as it's a Gryffindor doing it, and how fat people are subhuman.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
"The rod" doesn't mean a rod you fool, it means a rod!

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

quote:

( Don't pick a fight with an old guy. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. )

lol, that's the saddest self-empowerment fantasy I've seen in a while

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

kik2dagroin posted:

There are now 4 safe and effective treatments of the Wuhan virus; high-dose vitamin C, hydroxychloroquine+zinc, ivermectin, and nebulized hydrogen peroxide,
They're literally inhaling bleach :eyepop:

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

DarkCrawler posted:

Yup, I hate many groups of people 24/7 and I don't imagine there are many people who don't. Ultimately I don't see it as a problem as long as the target deserves it.
This is exactly how the freeper thought process works.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Neither did Sweden tbh, they just weren't as enthusiastic about ordering lockdowns and relied more on recommendations, and as a result had 7-8 times more deaths per capita (which is still 30% less than the US).

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
They would see a man choking to death on 5G morgellons the deep state doctors secretly injected into him, it would just solidify their beliefs.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Scratch Monkey posted:

Fox viewers really are just little copies of Stan Kelly

Except for his keen political acumen and appreciation of the finer things in life (Frazetta, Matlock, Star Trek) of course

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

D34THROW posted:

And yet he follows the APA style guide and capitalizes "Black" while disparaging her race :thunk:

As a side note, when did White start getting capitalized?

Same time as Black probably, because capitalizing just one would be patronising or insulting.
https://apastyle.apa.org/style-grammar-guidelines/bias-free-language/racial-ethnic-minorities

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Scratch Monkey posted:

Putin mandated that all debts to Russia must be paid in rubles. This had the effect of requiring you to buy rubles to pay for things (for instance, natural gas). When there is a high demand for something with a limited supply the price goes up.
It's not this. The gas and oil purchase contracts are denominated in euros, Russia just currently insists on an artificial conversion to rubles during the payment. The price in euros is still exactly the same. Since the ruble isn't a freely exchanged currency at the moment, the exchange rate can be entirely artificial.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Lol, "professionals"

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
I love this old Onion article which is basically the same thing except it's Bush and there's less evil involved

https://www.theonion.com/bush-regales-dinner-guests-with-impromptu-oratory-on-vi-1819567929

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

they're pretending to get offended on behalf of some old flute that they never knew existed until she touched it.
a lot of goons were upset when Trump profaned the Lincoln silverware with hamberders but maybe the existence and importance of some 19th century presidential soup tureens is something every US kid learns at school?

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

DarklyDreaming posted:

The difference is
lol there we go again

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Cicadalek posted:

It's definitely funny to imagine how loving ice-cold the food would have been
silver is a very good heat conductor so quite cold

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Another case of goons discovering foreign languages

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

DarklyDreaming posted:

Nothing would happen to Tucker but the dude he's interviewing could be in some Serious poo poo if Obama decided it was worth his time.
Tucker will just keep providing a platform for any old village idiot willing to slander his political enemies and he'll be personally in the clear, the system works

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

quote:

The Bidens are the most corrupt family to occupy the White House in American history
Bbbbutt what about Hillary? Are all her countless crimes already forgotten?

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Harry is a dumb failson, born to a wealthy, influential family, who only went to college because his parents pulled a few strings, and graduated among the bottom quantiles. Donald Trump, on the other hand,

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
welp

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

quote:

low-IQ NPCs
When did boomers start to use incel lingo?

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
I think that's a joke and he already knows the moon landings were faked

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Finnankainen posted:

Freep: He never said that! Also Freep: He's 100% right about what he said!

This is getting a little old. Could we maybe agree that even freepers are a group of individuals and as such can, as a whole, hold conflicting opinions without it being very noteworthy?

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

McGlockenshire posted:

Spiritually Illiterate
Lolll

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

McGlockenshire posted:

As for My people, children are their oppressors, And women rule over them. O My people! Those who lead you cause you to err, And destroy the way of your paths.” (Isaiah 3:12)

Lmao, the first Men's Rights activist

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

pseudanonymous posted:

FREEP: humanized mice
For once a freeper is talking about something that actually exists: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanized_mouse

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

quote:

posted on 1/18/2024, 1:03:53 PM by dfwgator (Endut! Hoch Hech!)
What the heck is this

I'm not going to google it, I don't want to end up on a list

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

quote:

A LOAD BEARING PYLON

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

quote:

(Don't expect anyone, even conservatives, to have your back when the SHTF in 2021 and beyond.)
lol

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Oh wow he sure did the math

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
https://www.theonion.com/i-support-the-occupation-of-iraq-but-i-dont-support-ou-1819584160

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Mantis42 posted:

He basically stole valor.
I can't tell if you're using this phrase unironically or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

quote:

Over the next two years, as more Chembusters were being constructed and set up by readers who became aware of this phenomenon, the concentration of atmospheric DOR sufficiently reduced in those areas to allow an influx of Giant Sylphs into the 'chembusted' atmospere. Sylphs are intelligent air elementals which can literally overlay and transmute chemtrails into real clouds. I realize that it's hard to believe that ordinary people can destroy chemtrails in the manner described, but
:hmmyes: