Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Ugly In The Morning posted:

That or roller derby, don’t think it was ever confirmed either way.

Roller Derby wouldn’t be at an elementary school facility would it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Leon Einstein posted:

I don't really understand the whole "stay at home mom" thing when your kids are in school all day. I think "unemployed" is a more apt description.

I hope that gay son's partner cleans out that disgusting family. "Sure, his will said his partner should get his money, but we as a family decided to keep it because..." Where is that thread? I can't find it.

https://np.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/95c289/ma_late_brothers_partner_suing_family_for_money/?sort=confidence

Make sure to read OP's comments.

His family is also racist

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I don't have it on me, but it's just "Zaurg, get a divorce" ad nauseam, repeated over different gifs, explosions and background stills. I don't know the details of his marriage, but I do know that the guy desperately needs to get a divorce.

Here's the latest zaurg thread. Fun new twist: He gets into crypto

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

My[17F] brother [15M] brings his girlfriend [15F] with lice over all the time. I worry about getting lice because my brother now has lice as well. My mom [36F] is a pushover and won’t make him stop bringing her over. How can I approach this situation?

quote:

I realize this is probably a stupid as hell post, but I have no idea what to do. If there’s somewhere better I can post this, please let me know. This was the only place I knew of to come for advice.

My brother continuously brings his lice infested gf to our house. She is with him lots and now he also has lice. He sits on all our furniture and is basically all over our house, and my mom does nothing.

I had lice constantly when I was 10-12, and nobody did anything to stop it. I do not want a repeat of that. It’s gross and I don’t feel like it’s acceptable to spread it.

My brother’s gf refuses to treat her hair because “lice treatment damages hair!”. So she just walks around like this infested lice nest and she’s okay with spreading it.

Today, I asked my mom how she could continue letting this happen and how I don’t want to have lice. She just went upstairs and got upset. Nobody seems to give a poo poo as much as I do. How can I go about approaching this? I can’t tell my brother to stop bringing his gf over because I’m not his mother. I can’t tell my mother what to do because I’m not her mother. I just don’t know what to do. Please help :/

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

blarzgh posted:

Dean Koontz is hot garbage unless you are 13 years old with $8 in your pocket at Half Price Books and you think you just bought 4 turbo dark and mysterious paperbacks for grown ups why yes this was me

Phantoms scared the poo poo out of me when I was like, 12.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Supposedly it's this newspaper, but I am absolutely not paying for an e-edition for this.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

At least it’s not Warhams.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I (F 28) started dating a guy (39) who told me he has a son of 12 years. He was amazing and we were getting serious, but today he confessed to me he doesn't have a son and has been lying about it the whole time.

quote:

So we met two months ago, started dating regularly, having lots of fun and affection. He told me at the beginning that he has a son from previous marriage, that his son is 12 years old from his previous relationship and that he visits him twice a month.

After getting to know him better, I asked to see the pictures of his son, but he said he just bought a new phone and still hasn't synchronized it with the old one.

Couple of weeks later I asked him if he is planning on spending time with his son, to which he replied that mother was taking him on a winter trip or something similar.

It was kind of weird to me that he speaks so little about his son, and I was a bit worried that he isn't much of a good father, which made me have second thoughts about being in a relationship with that kind of person.

All of this aside, I could really feel he started having real emotions about me, he wanted to spend all of our free time together, showing affection and care all the time, which made me more curious about his totally ignoring his child's existence.

So today I finally confronted him about it. I told him I don't understand how he can be so little involved in his son's life, why he doesn't see him more often and so on.

He listened to me in silence and then confessed he didn't have a son at all, and that he was making it up the whole time.

I flipped out, I felt so betrayed and confused so I immediately left. Since then he has been trying to contact me, but I ignore his calls and texts - in which he wrote that he can explain why he lied if we meet in person.

I possibly can't imagine a single reason that could justify his lying about having a son, which is why I don't even want to meet with him.

But I'm here for possibly more objective opinions; do you guys think I should meet with him and hear him out? Or, is this the flaming red flag and should I just run away and break all contact?

TL;DR: My new boyfriend told me he had a son. After some time I became a bit suspicious, so today I asked him about his son. He confessed that it was a lie, that he doesn't have a son and he was lying about it the whole time. Should I give him a chance to explain?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

dudeness posted:

Bartleby, the Screwener.

I would prefer not to (lick your rear end in a top hat)

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

AITA she took back her “yes”

quote:

My girlfriend (I guess ex girlfriend now) and I went on a cruise together and I decided to propose. I set it up at the end of a show with a photographer and everything and popped the question and she said yes! I was so elated, on cloud nine, it was like a dream. We got champagne and took pictures and then went back to the room and she dropped the ball on me— she didn’t want to actually marry me.

I was so horribly broken in that moment. I cried and asked why she would lead me on like this, and she got upset and said it was my fault for planning a public proposal without discussing engagement with her first. She said we were moving too quickly and she wasn’t ready. I told her she should have told me so instead of getting my hopes up and shattering them later. She refused to listen or agree. I ended our relationship right then because I can’t overlook such insensitivity like this. AITA or is she?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

AITA For breaking up with my girlfriend for a "prank"

quote:

Try to keep this as brief as possible. Girlfriend and I have been together 2 years, were recently looking to move in together. She was going to spend the rest of the month in her apartment then move into my place, and she's been spending most days over here anyway gradually moving some of her stuff in.

This is loving gross, so fair warning. For the three days straight she's been over I've noticed an odd smell when I picked up my toothbrush. I wasn't sure what it was so I rinsed it and kept using it as normal. One morning she asked me if I had noticed anything different, but refused to elaborate when I asked for an explanation so I was on high alert now. I left my phone running in the washroom peaking out of the towel cabinet that faces the sink, and I totally get how invasive that was and if it turned out I was wrong I was prepared to admit to it and accept the consequences for my assumptions as they came. I know I'm the rear end in a top hat for that, but that's not what I'm asking.

Turns out she had been rubbing my toothbrush inside her pants in the mornings as she wakes up before me and putting it back in the container. When I got my phone and seen the video I was livid, and confronted her immediately. She reacted like it was a gigantic joke, laughing, trying to hug me and saying she wanted to see how long it'd take for me to figure it out. Apparently she viewed it as a prank.

I felt incredibly disgusted and betrayed, I feel like it's disrespectful and not at all a prank and it's unhygienic. It's not even like she did it once, she had been doing it for days. I told her to get the stuff that she had brought over in the past few days and leave, that I didn't want to be with her anymore.

She's absolutely dumbfounded I could see this as anything other than a harmless prank. It's her opinion that it shouldn't matter because I washed it before use anyway. On one hand, she's been so inconsolable and has been begging me to reconsider so much that I'm second guessing my decision to end it and wondering whether I'm being too harsh. On the other hand, if this is her idea of a prank and the sort of thing she can do, not only do I not trust her in my house around my stuff, I don't trust her in general. Am I the rear end in a top hat if I want to end things?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Me [20 M] my Girlfriend [19 F]- How do I get her to stop calling my manhood her adorable little "Princess Isabella"? (Im serious)

Wow she really nailed it with that name.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Xik posted:

I had to google that description just for a laugh, didn't disappoint.

This is also what I imagine every poster on these forums to look like

That is a picture of me, but I have since upgraded to much fancier, luxurious cheeses.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

The guy who would never take his girlfriend out to dinner posted an update.

UPDATE - AITA for very rarely/almost never wanting to go to restaurants because my girlfriend makes food that's just as good, if not better, than restaurant food?

quote:

A few months ago, I posted this post asking if I was an rear end in a top hat for not wanting to take my girlfriend out to restaurants. It blew up. It ended up on Twitter. People shared it to Facebook.

The general consensus was, yes, that I am the rear end in a top hat, and it just went downhill from there. A couple people told me to kill myself, so thanks for that. More than a couple people told me that they hoped my girlfriend broke up with me.

Well.

After I posted - and proposed and was rejected - things got pretty awkward between us for the first time in five years. She started to get snappy at me easily, she stopped being as affectionate to me, she started making pretty much nothing but casserole. Everything changed - to clarify, she usually liked to make more involved food than casserole.

Then one day, like three weeks ago, she threw down the spoon she was using to serve the thousandth casserole this month, and snipped at me, "Do you seriously loving think that I actually like eating at Olive Garden?"

Guys, she saw the post. She was furious.

She doesn't like Olive Garden - she'll eat there because the kids love it and it's cheap. I was right about the red sauce being non-acidic, but, well, in her words, "she never developed a taste for pasta, she's Latino, do I ever see her make pasta? No. A meal isn't complete without rice. You don't know me at all."

She yelled about Olive Garden for a solid twenty minutes. It wasn't just about Olive Garden, but it was a lot about Olive Garden.

Long story short, we've been separated for a few weeks now, and it's not looking good. She "loves and respects me but feels it's best for her to respectfully disengage" from me for her own personal betterment.

So, yeah.

TL;DR: I ruined my family by not appreciating my girlfriend. I didn't take her out on dates and I didn't pay enough attention. I would do anything to fix everything.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

JFairfax posted:

I'm saying I know its an English one because we have a riot act

Read the riot act is also an idiom in American English.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I'm fortunate that all my cousins live hundreds of miles away and are nearly as unattractive as I am.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

MF_James posted:

No sorry, SA thread title "I stabbed him (shoulder) and now he refuses my apology. I want him back. Advice"

I want nothing to do with creepy pedo threads

It was from twitter. SixBrownChicks I think?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

This one has got to be too stupid to be real, but alas, people have proven themselves to be really loving stupid before

AITA for pulling a prank on my friend by taking his test?

These "iT wAs JuSt A pRaNk Bro!!!!!1!" defenses are getting inane

And over in legal advice

quote:

So a few days ago my school decided to take state tests. Basically, it’s split up into two tests that you take back to back. You need a certain number of points to graduate. Before the test, you get emailed a testing code that you need to write down in order to sign into the test.

My friend who was sitting next to me had this written down on a notecard and had it on his desk. I finished both my parts of the test in 20 minutes each, and was going to have to sit there for 2 more hours. However, I noticed my friend was still on the first part of the test.

I decided to try and pull a joke, and sign in to his account and take his second test. You only needed the first name, and the testing code which I could clearly see. I start taking the test and about 10 minutes in I see him get all confused. I thought he would have known I was taking it for him, but I guess he didn’t.

Next, he called over the teachers who got some administrators from the testing people and they were all confused as well, asking him if he did it right. Finally I decide to come clean and say I was just pulling a prank. I was expecting everyone to just laugh it off, but they were really angry.

Me and my friend were pulled into a room where we got yelled for a while. After the testing day was over, they sent us home but scheduled a meeting for earlier today.

At this meeting, it was me, my parents, the principal, a counselor, and a few testing officials. They concluded that they would not accept mine or my friends testing scores. We would also have to face school consequences.

The school says I face expulsion, but definitely suspension. I feel as if all these punishments are unfair. 1) I was already done with my test when I pranked my friend, so my scores should be accepted. 2) It was really just a harmless prank, and I didn’t mean to cause any trouble. 3) It wasn’t even during s school day, but a testing day so I really shouldn’t face any school consequences.

Overall, I plan on taking legal action against the school. Is there any sort of legal action I can take or no? I am almost positive that I can have some sort of case against the school.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

AITA for filming my music video in a store with my friend and then accidentally making a mess?

My juggalo friend and I were walking into this local walmart this after noon and yes we were wearing facepaint and other juggalo poo poo but its not like walmart isn't used to seeing weird hosed up poo poo and the workers didn't even give us a second look. so anyways we were here to film a music video for our rap duo so we had to sneak are camera in the store which we did pretty good. anyways part of my vision of this music video is me being showered in faygo as i walk down the feminine product aisle, so that's exactly what we did. i took about 2 bottles of faygo from the cooler, shook them up and started making it rain faygo as my friend was filming. this caused one of the employees to alert her manager who promptly told us to leave. i explained we were doing a music video and told him i entended to pay for the faygo that i used but he wouldnt hear us. he also band us from coming to the store again unless we wanted police called on us.

personally i consider myself a juggalo before an american and i consider icp to be the figure heads of my religion. this is simply a religious practice and the manager was being inflammatory to my 1st amedmint rights. my friend has video evidnce of the entire incidence. was i an rear end in a top hat for doing this even if i offerd to pay for the faygo? also shoud i consider suing this walmart for religious discrimanation?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Oh God he also posted it in r/nyc

Attention! DO not go to the Seacaucus NJ walmart. I was banned from the store

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

gently caress Your Website posted:

My [25M] girlfriend [24F] only watches "tasteless" movies and television, doesn't ever watch things i like. I asked her to watch something I like for once and she got angry and stopped talking to me.
u/badmoviesthrowaway

Spoiler: I agree with the girlfriend regarding the spoiler above

Another post from this dude over on theredpill

quote:

females exaggerate their "orgasms" in the first place

God I hope his girlfriend is out of there.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Nutella mama's boy admitted in his thread that he'd previously cheated on his girlfriend with the girl who sent him the text that set this whole thing off. He's still planning on going to her hometown though.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Vim Fuego posted:

What a bigoted rear end in a top hat, I wonder...

:stare:

He's throwing around the word beta in the comments a lot so I think he's gone down some dark internet paths.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

My[38m] wife [24f] of 3 years, took my daughter[14f] to visit her parents in Russia. Wife doesn’t want to come back

quote:

Like above. Sorry for ranting and any grammar errors I’ve been sitting in an airport for over almost 9 hours and making a lot of calls and had a bit to drink. Also this is a throwaway so I don’t completely dox myself.

My wife went to visit her parents who live in a small suburb outside of St. Petersburg, Russia.

My wife herself was born there, and came to the US when she was around 18 years old - when we first met. (This is NOT a mail order bride scenario or anything of the sort). I was finishing my up my post-grad, she was starting her undergrad - one thing lead to another and here we are.

As she was a student when we first met, she did not anticipate meeting me and us getting so deeply involved - so she never planned on staying in the US. It just kind of happened that way. (She entered on a F1 visa then a k1 visa now she has a green card).

Understandably, she misses her family a lot, though for the most part we’ve been extremely happy together, minus the standard few squabbles here and there.

3 years ago we had two wedding ceremonies, one in the US with my family and one in Russia with her family and a mix of my immediate family.

Until last week she hadn’t seen her family since the wedding due to her finishing up school and helping out my daughter, as I have custody.

As school wrapped up for her, and as a graduation gift, we decided it’d be a good idea for her to go visit her family for a week. She wanted to bring my daughter with her - I initially was opposed to this - but I caved and let her bring her(my daughter wanted to go)

Through her trip she hasn’t been too much in contact with me aside the occasional message on WhatsApp and photos etc. which is understandable - she’s on vacation and I don’t expect constant alerts, but I would have liked a little more of an update. My daughter has been texting me almost daily and showing me photos as well.

Yesterday morning I had texted my wife that I’d be there to pick them at the airport at the time she had told me the flight arrived. She read the message but never answered. I told my daughter the same and she never responded. I assumed they were just busy and left it at that.

I had a hellish day at work so I went right to bed so I could be up early to go get them. I wake up today stupidly without checking my app and go to the airport, the arrival time comes and I look at my phone to message them. I see about 60 messages from my daughter panicking starting nearly 15 hours ago saying that she missed her flight and doesn’t know how to get home. Confused as poo poo - she tells me my wife basically told her how to get home and then dropped her off at the airport.

Panicked I reach out to her and blow up her whatsapp. She finally answers and sends a long 3 paragraph essay on how she has missed her family so much she doesn’t want to leave them and she wants to stay longer.

Pissed off that she waited to tell me this, she left my daughter alone at an airport in another country, that I took off work to come today to get her, and how this is so last minute - I go off on her through text. She tells me off and stops answering me.

I reach out to her mom through WhatsApp (who doesn’t speak English at all) and using google translate ascertain that she wants to stay for another month for her brothers birthday party. Her mom said she didn’t know this was going on and went to the airport to go help my daughter get back safely.

Panicked I go to reach out the US consulate in Saint Petersburg only to find online it was shut down in March and the nearest is in Moscow. I reach out to the Moscow one and luckily get almost an immediate response and they were a HUGE help in getting my daughter on her correct flights. Even having someone meet her on the connecting airport to help her to the right terminal safely.

My wife still hasn’t answered me since our blow out. And her mom said she hasn’t seen or heard from her since this morning.

What the hell am I supposed to even do with this? The lack of responsibility and carelessness she showed is astronomical to me.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Ha ha ha ha ha

quote:

And how is this not unfair for him? I mean his whole family goes and its a once in a life time event. I understand not forcing her to go but why shouldnt he be allowed to go? They could hire someone to watch the baby or she could go on a vacation afterwards while he watches the baby. Compromises are important to prevent growing resentment.

Edit: Despite all those discussion i still stand with NTA. As long as his wife isnt incapable of going with him he is not the rear end in a top hat for wanting to go.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

You can't get an MMR that early can you? Cause that baby is definitely getting measles.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again.

My longer term boyfriend [M25] told me that I [F22] was not completely satisfying him in bed. He asked for an open relationship and now he has a FWB, but he's upset with me now for recently finding one as well.

quote:

My boyfriend and I have been together for over 5 years and a couple of months ago he told me he felt like he wasn't completely satisfied in the bedroom. I was pretty hurt by this but I can understand it because my libido has been very low due to the stress of my job. I asked him if he was just interested in trying something new and that's when he proposed the idea of an open relationship. This really hurt my feelings, but I didn't say no because I wanted to please him. I told him okay, but that I didn't want to hear about the sexual exchanges he was about to have. We agreed to keep things to ourselves if we got involved with anyone.

He has a FWB relationship with a girl he met on an app now. He told me that without going into detail about their relationship and I kind of just acted like she didn't exist until recently. Recently I met up with a guy I used to go to school with and we went out for drinks to catch up. We ended up hooking up that night and since then we've continued having sex. He's introduced me to new things and I really enjoy the sex honestly, it's better than the sex I've been having with my boyfriend.

I still love my boyfriend but the reaction he gave me upon finding out about my sexual relationship with a guy from college has me kind of upset and angry with him. He asked me if I had been seeing anyone else sexually and I told him yes without giving any details. He begged me to tell him what my FWB does to me and how exactly I please my FWB in bed. I told him I wasn't going into detail because that was what we had agreed on. He asked me if the sex was better than our sex. I told him honestly, but without detail, that I enjoyed sex with my FWB more because we had been trying new things.

He basically blew up on me and told me I'm not allowed to have a FWB. I said to him, "well you have one!" and he responded to me with "this isn't about me, this is about you being a slut." Truly unbelievable.

What the hell do I do in this kind of situation? Is it just me, or is he being unfair?

EDIT : people seem to be confused here. As I stated in a previous comment, my sex drive was low for a while but after a few months of him being with another woman, it started to pick up again. And every time I wanted to have sex with him, he would push me away because he was “too tired from already have sex” (with his fwb) or he would engage but he would half rear end it even when i was really into it.

if you’re gonna post a judgmental rude comment about how i’m “lying” about my low libido and how I hurt my boyfriend by having sex with someone else, then gently caress off. He spent months having sex with another girl and I had no choice but to reach out to someone else for satisfaction. HE STOPPED HAVING SEX WITH ME. EVEN WHEN I WANTED IT.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

AITA for wanting a divorce from husband who lost 200k on bitcoin?

quote:

My husband and I have been married for 10 years. For our entire relationship, I have brought the majority of the money into the home. I contribute 75% of that. I don't mind, really. It's not something I think about and I have always considered it "our" money. Our country (Switzerland) is really expensive and I grew up not in a large city, and rather poor. When I had the chance to go to university, I studied hard, learned 3 languages, got 2 degrees, and was able to secure a good position in finance. Years later, I make a very good salary and we don't have to worry about money.

We decided that my husband would handle all of the money and finances for the home. I would check on the accounts every once in a while but, I haven't been checking regularly. A few weeks ago, I was thinking about buying a Model 3, since it has recently come to our country and I've fancied it for some time. I played with the numbers and while figuring out if I can afford it or not, I realized that there was a weird mistake in our accounts. There was 300k CHF/USD missing.

When my husband got home, I showed him the accounts and after some pushing, he admitted that he lost 200k in cryptocurrency in 2018. This is about 25% of our savings. Besides being shocked and angry, I cannot help to feel that he stole from me. He put money into something stupid without talking to me and then tried to hide it. I was thinking about this for a week and talked to my friends and family about it. They think we should see a doctor and talk about it, try to work out the problem. But I honestly just want to get divorced. If he is capable of doing this, how can I trust him ever again? AITA for not wanting to talk about it or go to therapy? AITA for thinking about divorce?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for pulling my kids from their school over a skit?

My kids are in preschool, starting kindergarten in the fall. They’re in a private school for preschool, and my husband and I were debating whether to keep them there for kindergarten or send them to the public school, and this pushed it over the edge for us.

At the end of every year, the preschoolers do the same zoo skit. Every kid makes a paper plate mask of their assigned animal and pretend to be the animal one by one.

Last year, my kids come out on stage and they are the only two monkeys. They’re also the only black kids in the preschool class. After the play, I approached their teacher and asked if the kids chose their animals or were assigned. He told me that they were assigned. I told him that in the future, he might want to be more aware when assigning the animals, as it was a little uncomfortable for the only two black kids to be the only two monkeys. I tried to be nice about it and not attack him, as I understand that younger people may be less aware of racial stereotypes and he probably didn’t realize. He told me he’d be more careful in the future.

Come this year, my kids once again are the only two monkeys in the show. They very easily could’ve been assigned any other animal since they remade the masks anyway. I once again approached the teacher and asked him if he recalled our conversation the year before. He told me that I was being sensitive and that he reassigned them the monkeys to show that we have moved past racial stereotypes and that our kids don’t recognize such slurs anymore.

I was and am absolutely livid. I went straight to the principal/owner and told him that we will not be returning next year and told him exactly what happened. He defended the teacher and called it a misunderstanding, but then asked me to consider staying and offered to prorate the tuition. I walked out. At the moment, friends and family that we have explained the situation to have been split over whether we were in the right or not; some think the school was being ridiculous, others think we should have cut the school some slack because we have had a good experience with them otherwise. Am I the rear end in a top hat for pulling my kids from the school for next year?

I don’t even see color I say as I make black children pretend to be monkeys.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

AITA for the real reason I want to have another baby?

quote:

First and foremost, my son doesn't like me.

Not in a bratty "I hate you because you didn't let me get McDonalds" way, but a more subtle way. It's been like this since the beginning. His first word was "mommy", and it took him another year to say "daddy". When mom comes home from work, it's always "I missed you so much! How was your day! I saved you some crackers!", but when I come home from work, my son doesn't bother even coming down from his room to greet me. If I want to know ANYTHING about my sons life outside of home, I have to learn it through my wife. I've tried everything to get him to like me. I took time off of work to spend more time with him, buy him gifts, etc, but he acts like I'm a stepfather trying to force my way into his life. My wife knows how I feel, but aways tells me that I'm reading too much into it, and that he's just a "mommy's boy".

I've had to deal with this for 9 years, and it's starting to get to me. It just makes me sad that my own son doesn't love me as much as his mom. I can count on two hands the number of times he's hugged or kissed me, which should say a lot. Two weeks ago, I told my wife I wanted to have another child. She agreed immediately and actually seemed really excited about it, until I said I wanted a child that actually loved me. She did the whole shtick of "Oh, thats not true, he's just a mommy's boy.", and laughed it off. I laughed with her, too, but the next day she seemed really distant. She seemed uncomfortable around me and spent the day avoiding me. I think she might be reconsidering having another kid.

I don't resent my wife or my son at all. I just want to have a kid that actually shows affection and love towards me, not one that gives me the cold shoulder and silent treatment for absolutely no reason. AITA for this reason for wanting another child?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

AITA for shipping two people together?

quote:

Ok, so let’s say person A and person B. Person B told me that she wants to become a boy called Ben. Person A told me that person B hates being a girl. There were also lots of rumours about person B transitioning. I genuinely believed them.

A month or so later, person A makes a thing on Instagram saying ‘ship for ship’ everyone is shipping her with this random dude (Who was not person B). I wanted to spice things up and so, without thinking, I typed ‘I ship you with person B!’

Person A sent me a DM saying that person B was NOT becoming a boy, and that I was lying for attention. She also said that both her and person B were both really upset that i shopped them together. I sent 8+ messages saying that I genuinely thought she was gender-switching, and that I was really sorry. Tbh I probably sent too many sorry messages. Person A said ‘bye’ and unfollowed and blocked me, and stopped talking to me irl. I haven’t heard from person B either.

AITA?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

LadyPictureShow posted:

He mentions something called 'himym'; what in the Hell is that? It is some term I'm not hip to? Is it like spelling women 'womyn'?

It's How I Met Your Mother, the mediocre tv show that ended like 5 years ago. In one episode the Neil Patrick Harris character decides that he's going too start applying the Lemon Law to his dates.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

AITA for kidnapping my dates and forcing them to watch bad movies?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

nankeen posted:

i'm getting flashbacks to dramatically denouncing the neopets community for not appreciating leonard cohen

That's a thread title right there.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

WIBTA if I tell my girlfriend she needs to bring her own food to my house and pay for the food she has eaten?

I want to start off by saying I love my girlfriend and I’m scared that if I give her this rule or expectation it will make her feel unwelcome at my home. We have been dating for awhile now and she’s always been courteous in asking to eat or use my stuff, she doesn’t eat much so I always gave her the okay. After she had spent a week at my place I told her she doesn’t have to ask me to eat my food on day 3 since she would always ask before she ate, she doesn’t eat much since she’s smaller but I didn’t take into account that a handful of granola, a bowl of yogurt, and a banana every day would stack up after awhile. She left my place after the stay and now every time she comes and stays for a period of time she eats my food. I feel bad for wanting her to start buying her own groceries to keep at my place since she consistently takes me out for food, buys me clothes, contributes to groceries when we cook, and keeps my weed supply full. I can’t comfortably afford to be feeding one and a half me’s so often though since she’s here at minimum 2 days a week. She has brought up in the past the fact that she feels I don’t take her out enough but we have a quiet understanding that she makes more than me since she works 5-6 days a week and I work 3 (not by my choice). I feel like she contributes a lot monetarily to the relationship and in terms makes her feel like she contributes more emotionally in the relationship because she’s always making sure I’m taken care of and comfortable. I don’t know if I should just suck it up because she’s not taking much from me and if I’d be wrong or an rear end in a top hat to expect someone who gives so much to give me more. WIBTA?

Edit: wow. I think making this post was one of the single most worst decisions of my life. My gf uses reddit and by sheer coincidence found this post, thought “haha this reminds me of me and JoyceManner!”, saw my username, made the connection, and broke up with me. All within 20 minutes of making this post! She thought there was underlying issues in our relationship and me being a cheap rear end in a top hat was the last straw that broke the camel’s back.

Tl;dr: I am the rear end in a top hat.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

We need to finance this. Goon project. I have to see that loving movie.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

i vomit kittens posted:

Funding can be pulled from a product placement sponsorship with Doobie's DogHouse

The climax of the film will feature Birdman ziplining at 60 mph to save his lady love.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

cumshitter posted:

Lol this guy sucks:

My girlfriend Dana does a couple things that stress me out mainly because they're illegal and I worry about her.

Boyfriend: Please, you've got to stop breaking into abandoned buildings and singing Dragula.
Dana: Dead I am the one
Boyfriend: Please.
Dana: (spraypaints conquering the worm on a pro life billboard.)

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

goethe.cx posted:

it's appalling that anyone would ever be horny online

These people have forgotten the poster’s vow.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/638936294937227264?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

drjuggalo posted:

I see this all the time and nine times out of ten it’s dorky dudes who haven’t talked to too many woman shooting their bad shots but all her actions regarding this dude is stupid too and I think she wants the drama? Why even go over if she knows he only wants to gently caress??

Yeah, it’s definitely the woman who is wrong in that scenario, not the creepy desperate weirdo.