Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

QuarkJets posted:

Or they're just not bad with money

If I had a million dollars I still wouldn't pay $600 for a shot, because that's idiotic. But maybe I just underestimate money's ability to sap intelligence

Hey man I have a million dollars and i also wouldn’t pay $600 for a shot but if for some reason I wanted a $600 shot I’d tip well for good service like I always do. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

FactsAreUseless posted:

Our children will unironically believe Bush did 9/11 in the same way Millennials are all pretty sure the CIA killed Kennedy.

I mean Sixteen Stone was a middle of the road album but it’s no, 9/11, it had some solid tracks

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I mean hell, we're in the middle of a new drug crisis because docs love prescribing powerful opiates to anyone now, but seemingly especially old white dudes.

Good. Kill off the boomers imho

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

areyoucontagious posted:

Like on the one hand she’s right, men can totally be capable of rape and he will absolutely drag her daughter into the tarry black pits of hell, but this entitlement about a 40k salary with a masters? Bitch, I know PhDs who make like 18k. A masters ain’t poo poo unless it’s in finance or you sell your soul to pharma and even then you’ll top out at 70ish. You need to let that 40k isn’t enough ship sail into the sunset.

I can see you have never professionally touched a computer

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

MarcusSA posted:

Something something let sleeping dogs lie something something.

Also L OH L at some uppity gated community requires a full background check??

For legal reasons doesn’t anything after 7 years get dropped by companies that do these for official purposes? (Job applications and such). I thought the FCRA had some requirements like that.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Admiral Ray posted:

Sarcasm isn't an emotion or a feeling you loving moron.

Sarcasm is how you show that you feel contempt, and that is how you ruin a good relationship.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Barudak posted:

When I think about all the women I know who got into burlesque my first piece of advice is to change your diet and exercise more

steampunk stripping

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Bongs on display is fine as long as theyre on a bar cart

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Fatkraken posted:

THIS is what you took from that story?

not all devices use the same charger

not all 19 year olds drive and/or own cars

Chargers for literally any device are $5-$10.

Get one at home, work, and for your commute.

If you don’t, you are an idiot. 🤷🏼‍♂️

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

School Nickname posted:

In Ireland we have:

Red circle: loving Stop.
Amber circle: Stop unless it is unsafe to do so.
Green circle: Proceed with caution.
Green arrow (an extra set of lights adjacent to the circles): You may proceed in the direction of the arrow, assuming it's safe to do so and even if there's a red circle on the main set of lights. Traffic opposite you on the junction pre-turn will be stopped.
Amber arrow (an extra set of lights adjacent to the circles): Like above, but traffic opposite you on the junction can turn into the same road as you and you must yield to them. There will be traffic calming measures to guide you into this particular situation, to minimise your fuckups.

edit;

I live in a country where you can shift from rural to urban roads and vice-versa rapidly and you just can't puts lights up on every single junction. In rural areas with no lights at all people follow their own judgement and blaze 50+ mph through a podunk village with a 30mph limit ("ah sure I live here, I know the road!"), but when you hit a town/city you have to expect a driver who forgets that they're in an urban area or just says fuckit to the rules because they haven't killed anyone yet.

There are also many intersections with no signage in the US. The larger road has right of way and the smaller road has to treat it as a stop sign by default. If the toads are roughly equal, then everyone is supposed to stop. It’s pretty simple.

Right turns on red (after a complete stoo) ease the flow of traffic.

In Texas you can even turn left on red (alsp after a complete stop) as long as it is a one-way to another one-way.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Hellblazer187 posted:

Condoms feel fine. For me it's a lot closer to 5% than it is to 500% as someone else sad. Really the only thing I dislike about condoms is that you have to stop what you're doing for a minute to put it on. Small price to pay. Wear a dang rubber if you don't want chrilden.

Sorry about your broken penis dude. I agree that they work and use them if you need them but wow.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

of all the weird digs in this thread, this is...at least top 10 weirdest

Sewing the “weirdest dig” merit badge on my sash right now.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Pick posted:

don't you tuck the condom into the foreskin?

Actually, the condom just goes over the balls. Getting it anywhere near the penis is a rookie mistake.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

chitoryu12 posted:

TIFU by writing official mails to people and not realising my profile picture is literally me grabbing a friend's butt

https://twitter.com/renaultf1team/status/360685854252998656?s=21

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Someone went to Australia and brought yellow tail wine *back* with them????

Least believable prt of the story imho.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Khazar-khum posted:

If you reallly want to go down that route, the baby is also gonna die, so what's the point of having it? The dog is a longtime part of the family.

Mammary cancer is ridiculously common in bitches. It's usually a mastectomy, with stitch removal in a couple of weeks. You usually don't think about it, but they have lots of breasts, and they can all get cancerous. But the survival rate is high, and the odds that it metastasized is fairly low. It will add pain-free years to the bitch's life.

Now, I admit--I've had this done for two of my bitches. In both cases the increase in quality of life was substantial. One lived to 15, the other 16.

Stop saying bitch so much weirdo

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
As a cat owner, a cat making a noise that indicates “i am sick and in the middle of pooping on literally everything” is “not unusual” and a valid reason to panic.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Yeah there are definitely a few yowls you can recognize after owning a cat for a few years. “I have a hairball” “i am experiencing explosive diarrhea” etc

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

HIJK posted:

Dress is inappropriate, don’t flash your navel at guests unless its your own wedding and you and your fiance are into that. berth el pup

If she’s that prissy about going to Macy’s and buying a nice dress then she can just handmake one for herself, she appears to have the skill.

Just get the higharden seamstresses to make her a special dress for the occasion.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

chitoryu12 posted:

My [25 M] mom [48 F] tried to put a curse on me to destroy my relationship with my GF [24 F] of 1.5 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLqjttJwJL0

This is amazing

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Missed graduation to get nails did mom is horrible and i hate her.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
pffft wolfgang is a great name and you all are just jealous you didn't think of it

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

quote:

jokes about how I can afford top quality mail-order brides or whatever now that I've got an extra digit in my bank account or cradle robbing jokes (like how the software at my company might be older than her ... ) forever? Even from my supposedly good friends and past acquaintances? What about their wives? AITA??

Yes those are top quality jokes so you have to put up with them, person dating someone 18 years your junior.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Anne Whateley posted:

Again, they weren't meeting as strangers, they were already friends. What a stupid way to ruin a friendship, imo.

think about how hosed up this would be if it were a dinner date.

him: can I take you out to dinner?
her: only if you want to go as friends
him: oh sorry I'll find someone else
her: what you aren't going to buy me dinner anymore????

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Leon Einstein posted:

I'm sure the tight grip on their behavior and caloric intake will result in well adjusted adults.

Not feeding potato chips to kids for breakfast is now helicopter parenting.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

hawowanlawow posted:

wait so if someone is in there taking a poo poo and the sister runs in do they just try to pinch it off or does she poo poo between their legs or what?

leaving the door unlocked doesn't seem to solve any of these problems, only worsen them

it's so she can storm in on you mid-dump and pee in the bathtub and/or sink.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

LadyPictureShow posted:

Jeez, I lived below this couple, and always knew when they were banging, and I had to turn my headphones up really high because it was this constant squee squee squee from the springs.

That was hell.

having gay neighbors is a blessing, then (to my brain at least) it just sounds like a greco-roman wrestling match or someone re-arranging their living room

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I[36F] am in arranged marriage with [37M]. He has very poor manners and make scenes in public.

Another post by the same OP: 35F- How to masturbate?

Divorce is much much simpler than dealing with this shithead.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Yeah wait until you have to pee so bad it comes out at earth escape velocity and then pee directly into the void of space imho

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

QuarkJets posted:

I'm slowly becoming more and more repulsed by my husband and don't know what to do.

Help reddit my husband is a fat lazy gamer who utterly repulses me and refuses to change, what should I do?

lol at the husband for thinking that she'll get in the mood if he just does the dishes occasionally

WHAT IS THE NAKED MAN MOVE??

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Pinecone Sample posted:

Boss: when are you going to finish that memo?
Me: *rolls up sleeve and flexes*

This is powerful.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Ice cream stealer is a human genius

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Cancel the pet store lol

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Lying about abuse daughter is a bad person you should cut ties with.

8 year old disaster child deserves to watch as his laptop gets a 1” diameter hole drilled through it and it gets thrown in the trash.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

brugroffil posted:

The trend of "not having garbage craftsmanship in a brand new home"?

I think the issue is the phrasing “noun needs verbing” which I think is more of a british thing right?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Tiny Bug Child posted:

it's how people in western PA have talked for years and it's completely correct. "to be" is totally redundant in a phrase like "the car needs to be washed". the car doesn't need "to be", it already exists. the car just needs washed.

But existence is not what the “to be” refers to, “to be” is referring to “being” in the state of having been washed.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
The verbing/verbed part of the phrase is really more like an adjective, it describes a state. The state of being washed.

Replace it with an actual adjective like the color red and see how it doesn’t work.

you wouldn’t say “that car needs red” and assume that means the same thing as “that car needs to be red” the “to be” is doing something different than just stating that the car exists.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
If you cant play mariokart and poo poo talk and remain friends you weren’t actually friends to begin with

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Bruceski posted:

When I was 13 I was reading the Star Wars EU. There is DEFINITELY worse she could be up to.

Ban this sick filth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

God this article always loving kills me with what an oblivious knob the guy is:

I mean I don't have any illusions that I'd be able to open a successful restaurant, but what kind of idiot decides to close a restaurant for a week for no loving reason??!

there's an pertty good bbq place near me that seems to be open about 1 day a month at random.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/house-park-bar-b-q-austin

They say they're open 11-2.30 on weekdays (that's it) and they have been around for 70 years so ok, that's fine, but often you show up and there's a sign on the front door saying "out of town until september" or something like that.