Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

therobit posted:

Lol because apparently girls can't play catch, work on cars, or do yard work. BRB I have to tell my daughter she needs to come inside and do needlepoint instead of helping her mom mow the lawn.

Get off the computer and go and help your family with the yardwork, you goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Haifisch posted:

I'm[28M] a somewhat popular YouTuber. My wife[27F] deleted my recordings because she has never seen my crying and I'm unemotional.

Aren't dogs supposed to be one of the exceptions to the "men don't cry" bullshit? Not that what the wife did was okay, but :laffo: that OP cried over his videos and not their dog.

Maybe he just has a healthy attitude towards death and understands that pets don't live forever? :shrug:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Haifisch posted:

My Dad [65M] treats me [20F] and my Mom [52F] like a personal chefs and maids.

Alzheimers is a hell of a drug.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

maskenfreiheit posted:

I [18M] said something stupid to my sister [20F] cause I didn't even know what it meant. She showed our friends, and now they all won't stop making fun of me for it every time we hang out. Its really getting on my nerves.

I'm eagerly waiting for the update where OP spends a thousand words telling us about the time his sister did the thing where she looked like she was putting her hair in a ponytail but wasn't.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Pvt.Scott posted:

Try one of our fine establishment's globe-trotting appetizers. Our most famous meal-starter is our Southwest Edamame! (mushy sweet peas from the can, heavily breaded and then deep-fried, served with our tangy Western sauce (8 parts mayo, 1.99 parts sweet BBQ sauce, .01 parts Tabasco))

Guy Fieri X Golden Corral collaboration looking good

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I [19F] deleted a customer [50sM] off Facebook, and he's taking it so bad I think it's going to cause problems for me at work.

There's so much about this story that makes me feel :psyduck:

Why is OP only earning £40 a week? I thought the UK had reasonable wages and all that stuff so unless she's working one half-shift a week or something? And how hard could it be to find another job? The only thing I can make sense of it is if she's an illegal immigrant working for cash slave wages?

And then at the end throwing in the line about the 50-something psycho also being obsessed with comics or whatever? It's all so loving strange. I need to know more but I know that any further explanation would just raise another million questions.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Haifisch posted:

Me [21F] with my Mom [40F] flipped out on her friend and I in the middle of a restaurant yesterday. Dumbfounded and confused.

I genuinely cannot parse what the gently caress this novel is about.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Landlord taking pictures while sleeping

My landlord has a cleaning lady come by once a month. Yesterday while my SO and I were asleep, we heard someone downstairs, we went to see who it was and we caught the cleaning lady taking pictures of some PII that was left out on the desk. We asked the cleaning lady to leave, and I then called the landlord to tell her what had happened. The landlord then tells me that she had let the cleaning lady in and asked her to take pictures as "evidence" that we're actively destroying the place. Very uncomfortable conversation ensues, and tells me that since I am no longer allowing the cleaning lady to come into the apartment, that she will be by to perform weekly wellness checks.

What do I do now? How do I keep this crazy person away and get out of this apartment?

I am dumb but what is 'PII'? Also, if I was in the tenant's position I'd call the landlord's bluff and tell them they're welcome to do weekly visits as long as they're providing advance written notice of each visit as required by law and see how long before they give up. Not to mention, if the landlord thinks the property is being damaged why take photos of stuff on a table instead of photographing whatever they think is being damaged? I feel like either we are not getting the full story here (has the tenant previously damaged something and now the landlord is being hyper-protective?) or the landlord is a crazy person.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Milotic posted:

Long, have bolded bits. TLDR is at the top.

My (34M) wife of 12 years (36F) can't talk about sex and I'm feeling unsatisfied. We both think the other is being unreasonable and need some perspective.

This is sad more than anything, but I don’t understand how one can say “Yeah, we’re fairly vanilla”, and how your wife has Christian guilt and be talking about threesomes and whatever the hell a jerk boy is and whatever the LS scene is. I sometimes wonder if I’m just very sheltered.

I know the mantra in this thread is 'don't date sex weirds' but I think it's equally important not to date sex prudes. And maybe don't get married to someone until you've done a bunch of molly and psychedelics together and figured out if you're really on the same wavelength with this sort of stuff. I can't imagine how loving depressing and soul-destroying it would be for both people to fight this uphill battle for years where neither of them are going to win. It's always going to be a compromise that nobody is happy with. Just break up and move on.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Pick posted:

if they're the sex prude, you're the sex weird, and shouldn't be dating them

Perhaps it's possible to exist in the middle of the spectrum as a sex moderate who wants something more than quarterly lights-out, missionary sex but less than adult diaper-wearing poly kink communes :thunk:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Pick posted:

Please, please, tell me where these people are. That's not a challenge, I'm not insinuating that you are wrong, I am saying please, please show me where they are

If I ever meet one I'll let you know.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

therobit posted:

If you want to make a web page that's fine but don't expect that everyone is going to check it and be up to date on what it says. It's not traditional and a lot of people are not gonna look at it. If that was the only way "no kids the whole night" was communicated, I don't think it is reasonable to expect her to know. Most people would assume that after the ceremony is over and everyone has eaten kids would be OK unless you told them otherwise. At that point the kids have been cooped up somewhere for 7 hours or something. Like I know she says she hired nannies for seven and a half hours, but it isn't reasonable to pack that kids away that long at an event like that. If your ego can't handle that sometimes things don't go exactly as planned and you need to be pissed off about something like that, you are gonna have a hard time in life.

Perhaps a reasonable person could have done something like ask the bride / groom / event planner if it was okay for them to bring their kids into the room for the last stretch of the evening instead of acting unilaterally? Coming from a person who OP says has a history of poor behaviour it seems far more like a passive-aggressive / narcissistic move than a genuine mistake or miscommunication.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Yawgmoth posted:

The fact that you're using £ instead of $ shows that you really don't even have the ability to know what the gently caress you're talking about. $30 is enough to break a significant amount of people's budgets over here in The Land Of The Free™ and while it's great that you can spend your way out of a "learning experience" a lot of people just loving can't. Until you've had to go put an onion back and get a smaller one because you can't afford it, you don't get to talk.

If you don't have the money to buy an onion then what the gently caress are you eating in the first place? Obviously nobody is advocating for you to learn to cook if you're in a loving homeless shelter or something but there's absolutely nothing wrong with expecting a college student or young person living out of home to go to Walmart and buy a couple of cheap pans then go and buy some food and learn to loving cook it instead of living of Hungry Man dinners and chicken tendies. When I first moved out of home, I bought a small saucepan for maybe $5 and a non-stick frypan for $10. The frypan has been replaced a few times but over 10 years later I still have the saucepan and use it multiple times a week. Even if my finances were so precarious that buying that pan caused me to miss a meal or two it would still be worthwhile in the long run.

Learning to cook and understanding that food is more than just frozen poo poo or fast food can allow you to save money and live healthily. I have times when my budget gets hosed by unexpected expenses and knowing how to cook means I can buy $10 worth of groceries that will feed me for two weeks until my next paycheck. People dismissing the ability to cook as something that's only accessible to bougie white people and to suggest otherwise is somehow ablest or privileged makes me so loving angry. Just learn to cook, Jesus, it's not that hard. Hell, if you're so poor that buying a goddamned saucepan will put you out on the street you could put aside a dollar a week and save up to buy that five dollar saucepan then start cooking things that require one or two ingredients. You don't need to go to Whole Foods and fill a trolley with groceries to cook for yourself.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

cowofwar posted:

Eyeliner is a pencil applied around the eye near the eyelashes and eye shadow would typically be applied over a larger area with a brush between the eye and eyebrow.

Women have to know everything about men to take care of them, men don’t bother learning anything to help out in the other direction.

lol if in tyool 2018 you are still using a pencil eyeliner instead of gel eyeliner and a small angled brush

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

LadyPictureShow posted:

Also LOL at taking 2 weeks to read that poo poo. I never have, but I’m assuming it’s one of those books you can burn through during a couple trips to the can.

There's like 6 books in the series now or something. It's not just one book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Theophany posted:

Fiancé [23F] called off wedding 10 days before with me [26M]. Didn’t break up but not sure how to proceed from here?

When most people want to 'work on' their relationship it usually involves more talking and less damaging behaviours. Either way, that relationship is toast.

Reading this post my first thought was 'this girl one hundred percent has bipolar, no doubt about it'. Go to the original reddit post and ctrl+f for 'bipolar':

OP posted:

I agree that it was a ignorant comment and that it should be our next step to make it work. I plan on bringing it up again and really insisting that we should give it a try. I think the reason she is against it comes from the fact that her mother and grandmother have mental sickness (both are bipolar) and she is afraid that if we go talk to someone they will tell her the same thing and she doesn’t want to hear something like that.

It's like I'm Sherlock Holmes or something :v: