Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

burial posted:

So, my gut says he just doesn’t like how tight she is with her friends/that they have inside jokes at all, but I guess there’s an outside chance he really is that “sensitive” or whatever the appropriate term is for being upset by literally everything.

e:

Are you serious? It’s a loving joke. And not only is it the oldest joke in the book, it’s the one that’s most easily identified as not being indicative of an actual intent to harm.

This isn’t “My woman mouthed off to me last night.” “Heh, bet she’ll have a harder time doing that with a fat lip!” it’s “DID YOU SERIOUSLY TAKE THE LAST PIECE OF PIE? YOU’RE SO DEAD.”

The difference is the specificity. “You’re dead” bothers nobody, but “I’m going to shoot you with this gun that I have here, haha no seriously I am a responsible gun owner” bothers most people. If he’s sensitive, he could definitely read “I and my two friends have agreed to murder you and dispose of your body in a location that we have already picked out” as more of the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

being able to touch your toes really does make you of above average fitness in America. We are a rotund people.

Not being able to do a hurdler’s stretch, ok. But not being able to place your ankle on your knee??

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

Hagop posted:

So locks work 0% of the time when there is no one around to stop or even see someone taking a spitting ax to your door, throwing a brick through your window, or using a big truck and a chain to rip whatever you thought was keeping your house safe off your house. People in small towns and backwoods like to yuck it up about it being too quiet to lock a door, but the fact is that it just doesn't help a lot of the time. So why have to replace your door and your tv when the local meth head hit your house before being busted by the county sheriff trying to pawn their stolen goods off at a church yard sale.

That said I never met anyone that wouldn't be fine their kids SO from the big city locking the doors if it made them feel better, so gently caress those parents.

The point isn’t that a lock can stop an assault team with breaching charges from stealing your stuff, because that doesn’t happen in real life. The point is that you avoid becoming a target because there is a type of opportunistic criminal that won’t take a fire axe to a random door but will try a bunch of doorknobs in passing. Testing doors is no risk because they can say a friend invited them over and they thought this was the house. The problem is if they see something to steal and get caught taking it, or see a sleeping woman, they may commit more crimes than just theft. Crimes which could have been prevented by locking the drat door in the first place to keep them out, the literal purpose of the door. Do you take the guards off your saw also to make it lighter?

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

duck trucker posted:

Why would you press charges on a guy you already beat the gently caress out of and took his shoes, even if he started it?

If you read the story he says that as she struggled to get away he pinned her to the floor and drunkenly attacked her while she was crying and begging him. So a good reason to go to the police is wondering what would have happened if she hadn’t had the will to fight and the training to choke him out from underneath. He seems comically inept in the context of all his fuckups but that was a seriously terrifying anecdote, especially coming from a guy who says things like “then I started punching” as if he just goes into autopilot

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, that's the detail that really kills me: this grieving dude is offering her 1500 goddamn dollars to go to the funeral, an incredibly over-generous gesture from someone in desperate need, and she's still like "but my week at Cabo!" How loving stone-hearted do you have to be?

She’s not going alone. It’s generous to offer half the price of her ticket, but she said money isn’t the point and it’s not like the rest of her group will cancel. As far as we know this is a once in a lifetime family reunion for them, and asking a girlfriend to skip it to comfort him for someone she didn’t know is asking to put his family before hers.

My family had a reunion of 20 in Mexico once and I really doubt we will be able to do something like that ever again and I wouldn’t trade those memories for anything. Having had that experience, if my wife ever took a family trip, I would never ask her to cancel it for my relative’s funeral. I’m with the rear end in a top hat.

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

spite house posted:

how about don't gently caress cops. problem solved.

Actually her campus is really supportive, everyone is saying “gently caress the police”

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

StrangersInTheNight posted:

*smash-cut back to the party, we see OP raising his eyebrows at sexy wife as she does a BJ motion across the room. Directly behind him stands sexy wife's husband, also raising his eyebrows*

Kid: A Tesla is not just a great car, it’s the physical embodiment of the genius of our lord and savior Elon Musk.
Wife: *rolls eyes and makes blowjob motion against cheek*
Kid: Whoa, I knew she was into me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not wanting my wife to have friends over to watch Harry Styles on SNL?

I feel uncomfortable watching “her boyfriend” on SNL, and she told me I’m being childish since she has no real chance with him.

Oof