Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

yeah I eat rear end posted:

That one is entirely his fault. I never practice my talks but I at least go through the slides and make sure the figures look right before I get up and give it. For such an important thing only looking at the text was wildly irresponsible.

Lol what? Seems like this was entirely his son's fault. A reasonable person wouldn't feel the need to review a file that they worked on just a few hours prior just in case it was tampered with.

Hell even if he had caught it before giving the presentation the son deserved an rear end whooping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Panfilo posted:

Nah, the kid should be punished, just not physically.

I glossed over the kid being 13, he should know better by now. Maybe the problem was not enough spankings when he was younger.

Seriously tho I'm not a big fan of corporal punishment and hope to avoid using it on my own children, but imo a huge problem in this world is kids grow up unaccountable and don't give a gently caress anymore. Behaving appropriately out of fear of the consequences is kinda how society works. I didn't even curse in front of my parents until after 18 just in case, lol.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

purple death ray posted:

Maybe the fact that people only do things out of fear of the consequences is why our society is completely hosed up and rotting from the inside out though

Or maybe it's because we make excuses for everyone who screws up and don't actually help them improve.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Disgusting Coward posted:

I think the key point y'all are missing is that autism isn't real. If spergs knew they'd catch an rear end whupping every time they try some 'tismy bullshit you best believe we'd have more neurotypicals around, and fewer Sonic games.

Admittedly, this is kinda my mentality towards it.

When I was like 8, my mom's friend's son was 6 and had bad autistm. You could look him in the face and talk and he would have no idea you were talking and especially not to him. He would randomly have episodes and bite chunks of flesh out of other kids. We were all terrified of that little animal lol. So yeah I believe Autism is definitely real, but I also feel that probably way more kids are diagnosed with it (and ADD/ADHD and other behaviorial problems) than actually have it. And it's not that more beatings would fix this, just better parenting in general.

One of my buddies had his kid diagnosed with Autism when he was like 3 months. Now I don't know if he has it or not but IMO maybe treating him like a weird outcast from the start is not the way to go.

Literally half of my high school friends were diagnosed with Aspergers or ADHD when in reality they were all just lazy potheads who didn't want to own up to their own failures.

Sorry for the off topic rant, I am super bored at work.

This is the right answer:

Panfilo posted:

There could be a punishment appropriate for a 13 kid. Revoke access to video games and the Internet for a reasonable amount of time.

tesilential fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 27, 2017

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

poopnanners posted:

Sick analogy bro.

He's right tho.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Malaver posted:

It's up to the victim to decide whether it was sexual harassment or not. If you don't care or think it was funny then it's not harassment.

Not really dude. The sexual harassment policy at my (megacorp) job is basically a zero tolerance, everything must-be-reported immediately, even if you are the vicitm. If someone walks by and smacks your rear end, you report them right away and they are terminated. If you wait 2 weeks and report it, then you are both terminated. Them for harassment and you for failing to report harassment.

If it's never reported then there won't be an issue, but if I'm the boss you gotta can the guy otherwise you take the risk that he reports to HR that he is being harassed by his dominatrix and you get canned for not reporting when you knew.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Malaver posted:

Well that's a lovely policy and I'm glad that I don't work at your megacorp.

Tell me about it. Being a grownup sucks.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Racist low level manager goon confession is one of the worst lol.

Dude just interview qualified candidates, you'll find a great many native born Americans are of Asian or Hispanic heritage and will have the language skills and "culture" of a normal American even if they look like primitive tribal people to your racist rear end.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah OP that's your stereotypical crazy chic poo poo right there. There are many others out there but some day you will find a solid normal chic. Unfortunately, she won't gently caress nearly as well as the crazies so you'll cheat on her with another crazy chic. *sigh*

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Dangit I missed temperature chat.

Being both American and a classically trained scientist, I respect both units of measurement. For me, Celsius is superior when using in any kind of formula/math and Farenheit is superior when describing temperature as experienced by man.

For example, the perfect temperature for hominids is 69*f. In America, we say "wow it's 69* outside, loving awesome." I'm not familiar with the third world, but I assume they say something along the lines of "click-bop-durp-brexit hmmm feels nice out, it's probably a hair less than twenty and two thirds degrees."

For real though the one indisputable advantage of Fahrenheit is that you have more degrees at your disposal. Celcius has 100 units between water freezing and boiling whereas fahrenheit has 180. You are able to get more specific with Fahrenheit. Another time I feel the U.S. Standard code is superior is when describing height. Seems anytime I read something written by a European describing men's height, every single dude is like 1.7-1.9m tall or something. It's hard to tell the difference. The equivalent range in the US would be roughly 5 feet 7 inches - 6 feet 2 inches which "feels" like a bigger range.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Finance's Dad is wants to kill you goon-

*Cracks neck and does throat cut motion with finger* Way to be intimated by your father in-law who is obviously messing with you, lmao.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bradzilla posted:

shut the gently caress up retard

:bigtran: why you mad baby?

Scyantific posted:

Source your quote, nerd.

The quotes were :thejoke: but the last bit stands.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Capitalism is cool.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

the full might of Europe

LOL

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bubblyblubber posted:

Why would companies be afraid of calling the cops? To much paperwork?

From a couple pages back and I didn't read the subsequent posts, buuuuut:

In banking, it's extremely rare for the banks to involve the police when they've caught an employee breaking the law. Pretty much every retail bank branch you've ever seen has had an employee steal cash at one point or another. The banks usually terminate the employee but they don't press charges because the bad publicity isn't worth getting $xx,xxx back. The headlines won't say "goony mcgoon caught stealing from cash drawer at job," they will say "bank of America employee caught stealing customer deposits." Banks are petrified of bad press and they usually don't even try to get the stolen money back from the ex-employee. Source: seen it many times.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Improbable Lobster posted:

Similarly, people who try to hire hitmen but are actually talking to cops have done nothing wrong and action should only be taken after someone has been murdered or molested.

This but unironically

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Anton Chigurh posted:

He'd also have a large legal bill.

The age of 16 may be legal in most states, but the age difference is also important. Some states have so-called Romeo and Juliet laws to protect the older participant in such cases if the age difference is only a few years. A 16-year-old with a 19-year-old may be fine under that law, but with a 30-year-old it would be illegal.

FL has that type, but GA has the "your average 16 yo girl is banging a 23 yo college drop out" kind. Also, pretty sure Hawaii has full consent at age 14, lol.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I googled Gal Gadot.

Seek therapy.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, even as a straight A student, when I was 12 I literally thought about boobs 99% of the day. Lucky bastard.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

soy posted:

Ya hell I didn't want anything to do with a girl over 30 until my mid 20s

lawl, yeah. I remember a time when a chic pushing a baby stroller was instantly too old, haha.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Just try to Be A Man. Sex is so simple literally dogs and cats do it effortlessly. If you are a human who can't get laid you are doing too much thinking and not enough doing.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RCarr posted:

Just your standard cross-dressing teenager.

Lol, yeah

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LingcodKilla posted:

I got work enemy's who absolutely call me if they saw my wife cheating on me and send pictures just to hurt me while feigning pity.

Lmao

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Cheating wife goon, you'll do nothing. Of course you know that which is why you sat on your phone getting updates while some guy hosed your wife instead of getting up and doing something about it. At this point just file an amicable divorce, sounds like she'll let you have the kids and house and she'll stay at the new guys place.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Trans dad- Wait your kid is just straight up refusing to mow the lawn? loving smack it lol

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Trans dad is more tolerable than most of the responses.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Any kind of pattern drinking can be considered minor alcoholism. Hell I've heard an AA "story" about a guy who bi he drank 1 day a year (4th of July??) and didn't touch booze be rest of the year and he's considered an alcoholic.

Realistically 3 beers spread throughout day is probably completely fine IMO.

Also, much respect OP. I used to drink a beer on the way to work for a while just cause why not.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Diddler posted:

Dude is pissing on the floor because he's too lazy to go back to the bathroom. He ain't fixin' nothin' with diet and exercise.

Ahahaha

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If you actually take week breaks here and there, and don’t just think you can you should be fairly ok for a few years.

One of my uncles died at 52 from alcoholism related complications and he maxed out at a bottle a day. The trick is to keep eating and drinking water. I remember in his last year he didn’t bother to eat, the body couldn’t hold anything down but liquor.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Made a big deal about fapping at work guy,

Welcome to manhood.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Cut your dick off OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Space Kablooey posted:

There's also a thing where some people get their first boners after they see some weird poo poo, and then they think that this is what they're exclusively attracted to, when that's not necessarily true.

I've only seen this over the internet though, so it's probably bullshit.

Lol if you’re first boner wasn’t from a bumpy car ride.