Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Servers have been up for about an hour. Where all the Warden builds? I only have two weeks to overthink things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

People who have been playing for the last week and a half, Morrowind yay or nay?

jabro fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jun 3, 2017

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

cams posted:

is there a more efficient way to get an invite, don't see anything in the op other than the discord

There is a more efficient way than asking someone in real time for a guild invite?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Nerd Of Prey posted:

For the record:

* I've been using heavy armor for the damage resistance and stuff, I don't care about my character "looking" tanky (I just rotate weird costumes anyway) but I like being able to take a hit. I am, however, willing to try medium.

* I have most passives maxed out in the skills I use.

* I was joking about owing me money, I'm not actually that mad about it...

My point was more that I'm not really buying into the min/maxing philosophy here. I feel like for casual play, this game absolutely rewards doing whatever the gently caress you feel like doing. With all stamina I could hit a little bit harder, but the difference wasn't that notable. I'm OK with fights taking a little longer when I'm not living in fear of being one-shotted if I forget to dodge-roll one time. If I were trying to do end-game DPS I would definitely approach it differently, but my character is sort of a one-man group with a mix of tanking, healing, and DPS skills, and that's working out great for chugging through solo quests. When I do mix it up with a group, doing dolmen fights, for instance, if poo poo goes completely sideways I tend to be the last one standing, because my character is very hard to kill.

The min/max poo poo is for sperglords who scream if you miss a light attack in your rotation. Just play how you want. I'm about to make a bow wielding Breton stamina warden because all redguards have linebackers shoulders.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Yes

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Can't just kill anything and have it count. Not allowed to kill bunnies and poo poo. It it cons red then it should count for the free crate.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

MH Knights posted:

I had a good feeling the next expansion/chapter would be Summerset Isle. It is about the same size, in game at least, to Vvardenfell and being an island is easy to separate from the rest of the world (no out of place "mountain" ranges separating zones).

I was worried ZMO might go for more nostalgia and fill in the rest of the Skyrim area but that would be like twice the size of Vvardenfell.

It was datamined awhile ago it would be Summerset.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

No way to transfer between servers.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The desert dolman grind is real and bleak.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I received mine a day or two after the event ended.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

MF_James posted:

Yeah, I meant subscription stuff, you still have to pay for expansions and the base game, just like any other game.

Except for free to play games.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I don't grief myself but still do love a good griefing.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Are the Twitch drops ongoing or only when there is an announcement?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Grand Fromage posted:

I like being a filthy casual because I have no idea what any of that post meant.

The only part I understood is I got better without having to do anything.

A++++++. Would patch again.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I believe greenmangaming is digital only unless they changed their business model in recent years.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

drat necromancers.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Here's hoping it's closer to 15.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I picked up the base game for ten bucks because gently caress it, it's ten bucks. Does anyone have any good advice on how not to be awful, because I'm pretty sure I'm awful

The second post has more than enough to not suck that much.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Okay, cool; I'm always leery of relying too much on posts in the first couple pages of a lengthy game thread because I'm never sure how much of the info there should be appended with "oh this stopped being relevant six patches ago."

There are changes with every patch but as long you don’t expect to be a 1% min maxer you should be fine.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Inzombiac posted:

Just got a beta code for Elsweyr but I don't play this game anymore.

Are we dumping unwanted codes here?

Sure!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

skylined! posted:

I am downloading this now and am in NA. What server do I join to be amongst goons?

i have no idea what i am doing

It’s one server as long as you are in NA.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

What’s the most dead things can the necro raise at once? PS4 version comes out soon so either want to raise my expectations or kill them now.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

John Capslocke posted:

Just leave your computer on with their twitch page open, it's not like it requires active participation to receive it.

You want him to leave his computer on at 230am in Europe?!?!!?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Graveyardstick posted:

ESO website says it's under maintenance? I guess if you haven't already linked your twitch account you can't get a free mount, nice timing Bethesda.

I know. Giving us only a week to do it.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Somebody definitely monkey pawed that one. "I wish that the guys who did the SWTOR cutscenes could work on a movie!"

That was unironically said more than once in the SWTOR thread.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Haji posted:

Does it make a difference that I'm playing this on xbox?

Yep. The game isn’t cross play.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The crates from the Twitch drops are different from the normal ones. They are basically just potions and poisons with a mount that has worse odds than getting hit by lightning every day for a month straight.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

It looks like any other month.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Witches, vampires, and Nords

Oh my!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Nerd fight

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Elblanco posted:

So if I wanted to start back up playing and only bought the base game a while back, what's the best way to buy back in and be able to access greymoor stuff? Should I buy elswyr now and wait or would a greymoor pre order handle that too?

Greymoor preorder does not come with Elswyr. At least I have not seen it mentioned anywhere on their site.

Do you care about Elswyr? If not, then don’t worry about it. You have more than enough content without it and if you sub you’d have more content than you’d know what to do with before Greymoor comes out.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Berke Negri posted:

got my cake

And you get to eat it, too!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Fifteen of Many posted:

I've been eyeballing this for years but never taken the plunge. Is it worth playing for story? I see there's some year long arcs that have gone on and not sure if it's the Guild Wars season 1 style of "miss it once it's gone" or if all the story stuff is persistent once added.

It’s all persistent. You won’t miss anything. If you like Elder Scrolls then you’ll like the story. There are a ton of side quests that really flesh out the world too. There is a free play thing going on until the 13th so no reason not to try it to see if you’ll like the game.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Can I get a guild invite for @jabro please?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Inspector 34 posted:

You don't need an actual playstation for it? I mean I have one at home, but it'd be cool if I could play on my computer at work too just using a controller and a login. Probably wouldn't use it for ESO since I play that on PC, but having that catalog of stuff to choose from would be awesome.

You can play on PC, Android, and iOS.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

BisonDollah posted:

I did this free trial subscription thing and aim to finish the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild before it's up on Monday, this should be doable right?

oh yeah

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

BisonDollah posted:

Thanks. Does anyone know what happens to the stuff in your big bag once the sub runs out?

Your crafting bag? Your materials stay in there and you can pull from it but nothing can go back in until you sub back.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

learnincurve posted:

It’s an Xbox game pass game, and one they push hard because it’s the only mmo and they know they have a trapped audience. What they want is for console players to play through the new Skyrim game and buy the expansions whenever they come out. The fact that it is also on PC is always going to be secondary.

Also the cast times work ok on a console controller.

There are multiple free and game pass MMOs on Xbox.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

eonwe posted:

I actually decided, I'm going to treat this like a single player game that I occasionally have to group up with people for. I'm gonna take my time oon the content, because I rushed though a lot of the quests last time I played.

This is the only way to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Doctor Zero posted:

Did you get Greymoor? It’s not showing up in the PSN store for me in the US.

I'm in the US and was able to buy it about an hour ago.